Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Friday 11:49 - Apr 4 with 8656 viewsTheChef

If Chair will be fit enough to start, I'd look to go back to the 4231 formation:

Dieng

Kakay Dunne/Dickie Balogun Paal

Field Dozzell/Amos

Chair Johansen/Lowe Willock

Dykes

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Team for Friday on 21:56 - Apr 4 with 1870 viewsdaveB

I've given up trying to work out what team to play as I think I hate all of them but I don't want to see Chris Martin starting, I want to see Willock and Chair from the start as well as Armstrong.

If Johansen starts you need legs around him so get Tim back in the side, press high, make life difficult for Preston and score the first goal

Team for Friday on 06:35 - Apr 5 with 1725 viewsnumptydumpty

Dieng

Paal Dickie Balogun Laird

Johansen Tim Field

Chair Willock

Dykes

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Team for Friday on 09:35 - Apr 5 with 1643 viewsHarbour

1 -10
Dieng
Kakay Dunne Dickie Balogun Paal field Dozzell chair Willock Dykes

Playing for a 0-0 no midfield no attack all in defence..that’s should do it first clean sheet in ages!

Team for Friday on 09:45 - Apr 5 with 1635 viewsBurnleyhoop

On that criteria, we would only be able to field 3 players, maybe 4.

Dozzel, Amos, Johansen and to a slighter lesser degree, Iroegbunham, have all been pretty rank all season. The most powder puff midfield I have ever witnessed wearing our colours.

Shuffle the pack however you like, we are in for another tonking when we inevitably lose the midfield battle. It has been men against boys for far too long now.

Team for Friday on 09:46 - Apr 5 with 1634 viewsCamberleyR

I think that was what happened when we thumped Middlesbrough 5-0 under Ray Harford.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Team for Friday on 10:06 - Apr 5 with 1606 viewsPhilmyRs

Would play this team too with the exception of Dunne for Dickie. I hope we don't see a Dykes and Martin pairing. On paper at least, think that's the best eleven we can put out right now.

Team for Friday on 10:21 - Apr 5 with 1575 viewsNorthernr

I think Dunne for Dickie and that's about it atm.
Desperately need one of Amos or Dozzell to pull their bloody finger out so we're not so totally reliant on Stef who has now expired.

Team for Friday on 12:55 - Apr 5 with 1449 viewsDubaiR

Sad to say I couldn't give less of a t*ss, I'd personally throw in a handful of the promising B team. Our so called better players have seen us to this mess!

Dieng
Kakay Gubbins Dunne Paal
Bonner Field Amos
Chair Pedder
Dykes

Team for Friday on 13:51 - Apr 5 with 1353 viewsbosh67

You mean you don't trust the cavalry?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Team for Friday on 14:02 - Apr 5 with 1335 viewsDannyPaddox

Based on an idea by Hooping Mad. Great concept maan. Couldn’t resist polishing it up a tad 😁

Edit: 1 of a series of 5. Collect all 5 and win a trip to League One Land!
[Post edited 5 Apr 2023 14:08]

Team for Friday on 14:03 - Apr 5 with 1332 viewsR_from_afar

Most deckchairs are more mobile than our players, sigh.

You know, with some of these players who have been out for months, like Balogun, I wonder if they are so detached from reality and so little engaged in what QPR does that they are unaware of our results since October and actually think we are still doing well in the league

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Team for Friday on 14:14 - Apr 5 with 1317 viewsR_from_afar

"...press high, make life difficult for Preston and score the first goal".

Come on Dave, if the entire Preston squad missed the first half due to heavy traffic, we'd still struggle to achieve that and would probably also lose a couple of our players to injury when they fell over their own feet

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Team for Friday on 16:35 - Apr 5 with 1213 viewsPinnerPaul

Indeed.

We are certainly at the "deckchairs and Titantic" stage now!

My only hope now is that EVERY losing team wins one in the end, just like every winning team loses one in the end.

Its not much I know but needs must!

Team for Friday on 16:36 - Apr 5 with 1211 viewsdaveB

Oh I don't expect any of that to happen, we'll be 1-0 by the 12th minute and lose 3-0

Team for Friday on 16:37 - Apr 5 with 1210 viewsPinnerPaul

TBF to Tim think I'm right in saying last week was his first injury.

His style sometimes makes it look like he is "not for up for it" but he seems a trier to me at least.

Team for Friday on 16:39 - Apr 5 with 1192 viewsPinnerPaul

Sure GA would like to do that, but runs out of candidates after about number 5 or 6!

Team for Friday on 16:41 - Apr 5 with 1187 viewsPinnerPaul

Indeed, its always been a falsehood that the players don't 'care' or have 'given up' , its maybe, just maybe that they are just not good enough collectively or as individuals this season.

Team for Friday on 16:44 - Apr 5 with 1184 viewsNorthernr

If they genuinely do care, and they haven't given up - at least some of them - it's a terrifying prospect what it might look like if they didn't and had.

Team for Friday on 16:53 - Apr 5 with 1169 viewsPinnerPaul

Yes true.

I think, as ever, its nuanced and not just a case of who cares or not but how much and when.

I mean they ARE all professionals, believe it or not, so v Watford for example, we score, of course they want to win and they did all try for 95 mins, but yes I agree, we let in an early goal and even I can't say hand or heart, yep all 11 are giving their absolute best!

I STILL disagree with you about the loans though - really don't see how Laird's season is going to do his career any good at all, whereas Tim will get another Championship loan I'm sure as Villa will want to see him in a better Championship team I think.

Team for Friday on 16:56 - Apr 5 with 1155 viewsNorthernr

If Laird ends up at Barrow next year DM me your addy I'll send you a bottle of wine.

Even this week there was a Twitter thread of best full backs statistically in the Championship and he was in the top five (along with Manning and Furlong!).

So his stats are there, his reputation remains intact. He can say it's not his fault he got injured and QPR cratered, fit and ready to go for pre-season. He'll get a great deal again, you watch. Play now and rip the hamstring off the bone, or do your achilles like Angel did, and not so much. He's basically doing what Grant Hall did, it's just Hall said it explicitly.

Team for Friday on 17:09 - Apr 5 with 1123 viewsHunterhoop

How has it “always been falsehood?!” It’s your opinion. No one can prove one way or another. We just have opinions on the matter.

And I think yours is wrong. Same squad was top in October. It’s the biggest collapse in Championship history since Millwall in 94/95, I think. Would indicate some underlying issues that aren’t talent based otherwise we’d always have been near the bottom.

Team for Friday on 17:11 - Apr 5 with 1122 viewsPinnerPaul

Fair enough!

Must find a Barrow forum to sing his praises!

Team for Friday on 17:12 - Apr 5 with 1114 viewsterryb

Like you Clive, I'll be amazed if Laird isn't commanding another Championship loan next season costing a club million(s).

I hate to think how much Queens Park Rangers have paid in loan fees & wages to our famous five!

Team for Friday on 17:20 - Apr 5 with 1093 viewsdaveB

We've got form for this, top of the table in September, playoffs in October and took a Jamie Pollock own goal to keep us up in 97/98 as we hardly won another game

Team for Friday on 17:52 - Apr 5 with 1044 viewsnumptydumpty

Was wondering whether Dickie or Dunne but just felt Dickie shown some glimpses recently of early season form ahead of Dunne.

Only glimpses but put him in because of potentially slighter possible more room to improve than Dunne but a tough call.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024