Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report 21:28 - Aug 6 with 15974 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60577

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 08:00 - Aug 7 with 2375 viewsNorthernr

Well exactly that, I think he wanted to give him a kick in the balls that's why he did it.

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 08:09 - Aug 7 with 2323 viewstoboboly

Considering we don't play a home league game until 19th August I can see the season already being over by then.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 08:10 - Aug 7 with 2320 viewsjohnhoop

Great report. Surely even with the collection of players we’re lumbered with it must be possible for someone to set us up to be more difficult to beat than we are at the moment.
What’s Paul Hart doing these days?

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 08:10 - Aug 7 with 2321 viewslightwaterhoop

Willock needs a good kick up the backside but bringing him on Saturday in injury time was not the way to do it.

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 08:13 - Aug 7 with 2291 viewsgazza1

Nice report Norf

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 08:17 - Aug 7 with 2264 viewsNorthernr

Well we don't know that until we see what sort of response he gives.

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 08:22 - Aug 7 with 2225 viewsgazza1

Both could play on Saturday.....perhaps GA 'kick up the bum' was being left out of the starting 11 on Saturday.

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 08:24 - Aug 7 with 2212 viewsNorthernr

I would expect Willock to play. I'd be surprised if Richards did but let's see.

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 08:27 - Aug 7 with 2183 viewsgazza1

Big 'let downs' Norf, the pair of them......I was expecting Richards to be ready this season but apparently not.

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 08:27 - Aug 7 with 2188 viewsRs_Holy

Many thanks Clive for (as ever) a brilliant report. I don't envy you this season as you will not only have to sit through virtually every game but you also have to try and write an insightful and witty report. I imagine this task will get more and more difficult with every game.
I will always support QPR but I relinquished my season ticket in 2006 (because turning up to watch dross for most of that season became a chore rather than something enjoyable). I have since then been a member every season as attending games (usually about a 10-12 a season) worked much better for me.
However, this is the first season since then that I may not bother renewing my membership... I have tickets for the Ipswich game but that will only be my third game of 2023... The last game I attended I could not believe how poor the team was... and now we appear considerably worse.
Good luck and respect to all those who attend every game.

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 08:29 - Aug 7 with 2181 viewsjoe90

Good report as always.

Our first team looks like the team we’d put out in a first round League Cup game. We all know those games, we might fluke a win against a League 2 side in a half empty ground on a balmy August evening. There’ll be talk of young players who still need development and aren’t anywhere near the first team and questions about the merits of resting senior players.

Truth is, that is our first team now, no depth or waiting on certain players to get fit. This is it. And to top it off, we probably won’t even get the warm balmy evening.

The one consolation is that our kits look nice.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 15:25]

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 09:07 - Aug 7 with 2088 viewsloftus77

Clive in the 'Quint' role, definitely. Grizzled.

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 09:08 - Aug 7 with 2087 viewsbaz_qpr

I'm not so sure, I'm willing to bet they line up how they set up 2nd half 4-3-1-2 chair central behind Dykes and Armstong with 3 in the middle protecting the back 4

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 09:33 - Aug 7 with 1991 viewsR_from_afar

I understand why you're saying that, Dave, but given that we're looking for new investors, and *may* even be looking to sell the club, we can't risk breaking FFP or looking like we are certain to.
It would scare lots of investors off due to the uncertainty and the financial impact of our last breach.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 09:59 - Aug 7 with 1881 viewsAntti_Heinola

I don’t condone it, but Chair and Willock, two technical players who have excelled as dual number 10s, tearing the best teams in the league a new one, I suspect are non-plused by the sort of attritional football GA wants to play. GA reminds me of Ollie: I loved how Warbs would take a little ‘un like Chair and stick him in the middle. Ollie, like GA, would have no clue what to do with him and shove him on the wing. That’s where we are now. If they ate sulking its wrong and they need to get on with it… but i have some sympathy for them.

Bare bones.

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 10:42 - Aug 7 with 1696 viewsWatford_Ranger

Is that the worst it has ever been? Most of you will have been going longer than me but in my 29 years that was #1. I was at Southend for the 5-0, West Brom for the 7-1 and only saw Blackpool last year on TV but I’ve never seen such a gutless display with so little ability in the team. Wish it had been 10-0 just to embarrass them.

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 10:45 - Aug 7 with 1684 viewsWatford_Ranger

It’s not the vibe I get from Chair and never has been. I think he’s frustrated at the lack of ball he’s getting and exasperated at the quality of his teammates but I don’t question his effort.

Again though as has been highlighted on here I think there are players he doesn’t trust with the ball, rightly or wrongly. A forgettable passage of play where Kakay was the obvious pass for ages and he eventually worked it to Duke anyway.

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 10:53 - Aug 7 with 1660 viewsridethewave

I can't believe I am saying this and every one of us knows it is not where we want to be, but... we are going down. We know this. If we breach FFP and get a 6-point fine, there's still a chance (with the improved squad) that we could escape relegation, as other clubs have done in the past.

However, I wouldn't trust GA to put a squad together with any kind of a budget, with no DoF, and a clear lack of knowledge of how a modern Championship team needs to be set up/put together.

So in the end, I think we are at the point where breaching FFP may be our only option, but we've now left ourselves with the wrong management team to do that anyway. We cannot win at this point.

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 11:07 - Aug 7 with 1632 viewsdaveB

On Willock he's had a bad year but since Ainsworth has come in he's started just 2 games and taken off in both of them, in 2023 he's started just 6 games. I'm not sure how we can expect to get more out of him if we never pick him

I doubt he'd have made any difference on Saturday though

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 11:09 - Aug 7 with 1624 viewsRangers67

" We,ll be at it " says Gareth, apparently not ! From what I saw this lot will never be at it. Another sorry chapter in our recent history. Agree with Clive in his excellent report, if Watford had really wanted to humiliate us even further they could have done easily. Thank goodness for little mercies . Who is to blame ? Is there any point in apportioning blame as no one wants to take responsibility by the look of it. There are those who think Gareth has a sort of a free pass due to him being put in charge of this shambles, not me. He has had a good few games at the end of last season to analyse this lot as well as the close season and if it is possible made things worse. Not that the people who wear the strip ( I am reluctant to call some of them players ) are blameless, in fact it is their attitude that is the main problem.
We of course get the usual weak excuses that FFP has bolloxed the club but how much longer can the club hide behind this excuse when you see some of the other clubs in this division managing very well with decent recruitment.
Shambolic from top to bottom

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 11:33 - Aug 7 with 1569 viewsQPunkR

My first time with the prediction league and thought I'd hedge my bets

QPR - "shit but local"

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 11:41 - Aug 7 with 1535 viewstraininvain

Surely the obvious message to Willock has to be ‘get yourself fit and put yourself in the shop window during August and beyond if necessary’.

Maybe Willock’s beyond help but it all seems a bit odd given that he wasn’t a problem for any of our previous managers.

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 12:04 - Aug 7 with 1453 viewsdaveB

Ainsworth was saying 2 weeks ago he's fitter than he's been since 2021 so unless that is more bullshit from Ainsworth I'm not sure what he's supposed to do if we don't pick him. He wasn't good in pre season but neither were several others who started at Watford

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 12:07 - Aug 7 with 1440 viewsdaveB

I genuinely didn't realise he played second half until i read this report, I thought he went off at half time. I can't remember seeing him second half

You’re going to need a bigger boat – Report on 12:08 - Aug 7 with 1436 viewsdenhamhoop2

No self respecting footballer would join us currently bar those seeking a paycheque way above their ability. It is only a matter of time before GA gets sacked because there are actually some players at this club who can play at this level but not in this team and with this brand of passive sit back and let the opposition play style. Just like a previous favourite of mine Waddock he has been given the job purely because he was a fine player for us. Not another Championship club have ever hinted at wanting GA as manager and he is showing exactly why
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024