Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. 18:07 - Aug 18 with 38141 viewsqpr_1968

going with the heart again.....2-0 hoops.

minutes applause for trevor francis, john hollins and mike hellawell .

tickets on me phone for this one, hope no problems with that.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 18:20 - Aug 19 with 2706 viewsconnell10

The question is can we
play that high tempo week in and week out, I don't think we can . We played well but need to keep possession for longer spells just to have breather! But all in all we didn't deserve to lose against the mighty Ipswich.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 18:29]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 18:28 - Aug 19 with 2641 viewsconnell10

I thought Ipswich looked average, probably finish mid table maybe.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 18:33 - Aug 19 with 2585 viewsNortholt_Rs

It wasn’t like our toothlesss frontline wasn’t a known problem coming into this season…. SA dead unlucky though. No way Ipswich deserved the win today. Gutted.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 19:30 - Aug 19 with 2295 viewsbaz_qpr

First half excellent overall Dozzell poor though weak in the tackle. Thought Willock did well and it forced them to play their midfield deep and isolate their attackers which gave us control.

Unbelievably poor choice of sub at half time for Willock a complete ricket by the management which ultimately cost us the game IMHO, Colback is and never will be a 10 and looked off the pace in that position, it was negative and it gave control of the game to Ipswich 2nd half with us just trying to hit on the break with Armstrong, but again a lack of support and following up from the rest of the team because they were so deep.

Injuries did for us in the end, but also what was the point off keep whacking it long to Kolli surely once Armstrong went off we had to pass and play through midfield so it kept coming back at us. And this is also the issue with fitness, it far more tiring when you dont have the ball than when you do. Goal came from piss poor closing down from Dozell and some tired challenges.

Ipswich were ok but there are far better teams than them and I dont see them being anymore than mid table once their run gets broken

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 19:34 - Aug 19 with 2276 viewsHunterhoop

The goal came from Dixon Bonner giving it away.

I cannot see how people think Willock played well. He miscontrolled it several times and bottled several challenges. He created nothing and didn’t score. How is that good? Armstrong’ a performance was chalk an cheese.

We are decent. We didn’t deserve to lose. But after you take Field and Armstrong out of that XI with the squad available to him, what do you expect?!

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 19:52 - Aug 19 with 2196 viewsJAY

Yeah disagree about willock - had a good game and is the difference between us having that bit of quality in midfield whether people like him or not

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 20:03 - Aug 19 with 2158 viewsHunterhoop

Mad. Don’t get it. Not sure what people were watching.

What did he create? What attack did he contribute too? What tacks did he win I’m on the press?

He was at 50% all half.

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 20:23 - Aug 19 with 2032 viewsDamo1962

What has he contributed to the team for the last ten months? "Special" players lift you out of the ordinary. Of course our recurrent failings are not just down to him...and still not being addressed.

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 20:23 - Aug 19 with 2042 viewsDejR_vu

They have a 31 year old Mass waddling about in midfield so probably aren’t as good as the hype might suggest.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 20:38 - Aug 19 with 1987 viewsQPRSteve

Watching the cricket on Sky and Alex Tudor got sledged about QPR.

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 20:44 - Aug 19 with 1967 viewsHantsR

Yes, I picked up that reference, but didn't hear what was said?

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 21:06 - Aug 19 with 1871 viewsHammersmithR

Today was the classic whoever scores first wins the games. We had the chances and didn’t take them. But losing 3 key players killed us. Willock, Field and Armstrong going off killed our fluency. We don’t have the strength coming off the bench. They couldn’t handle Armstrong but he needs to get himself fitter to last 90 mins. Too many players look f**ked after 70 mins. We have to find a balance between looking solid which on the whole we are and showing a better attacking threat. Football is a results business and although we are looking better Ainsworth will be judged on results. LR has to be a fortress otherwise we will go down. Kakay is a weak link at the back. The sooner Dunne is back the better. Hopefully a back 3 of Dunne, Clarke-Salter and Cook. Not sure Smyth’s best position is a RWB. Hopefully Field is ok. Dozzell is simply not up to this level. We need a midfield of Field and Colback. Likes of Chair, Dykes, Armstrong and Willock have to start scoring the goals up top.

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 21:13 - Aug 19 with 1831 viewsCateLeBonR

Sounds like you're going out of your way to criticise him mate tbh.

The problem we have is lack of cover. We can't expect our best players to perform for 90 minutes, 46 games a season. Without cover.

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 21:21 - Aug 19 with 1786 viewsdmm

From Ainsworth's post match interview it seems the fitness issue we see on the pitch is because the squad is still coming to full fitness and this has been planned to avoid muscle injuries.

I don't fully understand this bit of sports science and feel somewhat alarmed that we've started the season not fully fit. Perhaps a question can be asked at the fans' forum in a few weeks.

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 21:28 - Aug 19 with 1739 viewsFDC

Yeh I thought this. Put it straight into touch at least once, and played long, high, difficult to control balls to players right on the touch line all game . He also played short balls to defenders on a few occasions that played them into trouble, definitely a mishap waiting to happen there

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 21:34 - Aug 19 with 1701 viewsBklynRanger

He has said this before, and that they're not going to be at full fitness for 5 or 6 games apparently. So there is at least an explanation behind it. No idea if they're where they should be even allowing for that.

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 21:36 - Aug 19 with 1686 viewsCateLeBonR

It depends what you were expecting i guess.

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 21:43 - Aug 19 with 1625 viewsted_hendrix

I think that Is ridiculous, unless I'm plain daft and stupid you should be fit and ready to go from minute one not 5 or 6 games later.

These are professional sports people are they not.

Next home game all the fans can turn up 15 minutes late because they were knackered walking to the ground.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 21:49 - Aug 19 with 1583 viewsBklynRanger

I have no clue Ted. But if it leads to noticeably less injuries later in the season then maybe it's worth it. My only point is they are apparently not fully fit for a reason.

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 21:55 - Aug 19 with 1559 viewsFDC

It is very odd. Sparing injuries later by deliberately not being fit enough to compete for 6 games, high stakes gamble!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 21:56]

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 21:55 - Aug 19 with 1559 viewsted_hendrix

Mate you might be right, you probably are I just seem to understand football less and less nowaday's.

I remember the day's when there was only one sub and players used to play for 93 minutes and just get on with It.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 22:16 - Aug 19 with 1448 viewsNorthantsHoop

Compare the two teams today, Ipswich not a fantastic side but look at the physicality of their players mostly 6 foot plus and looked fit, we on the other hand have no height in the team. Most of the teams in this league are made up of bigger players we look a small side and until this is addressed we are going to struggle.

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 23:01 - Aug 19 with 1307 viewsManinBlack

Have to agree with you Ted. It has always been the case for professional footballers to be fit. Unfit footballers were considered amateurs and I hadn't appreciated we are no longer a professional football club. We may have players of limited ability in terms of quality but they should still be fit to put in a shift.

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 23:09 - Aug 19 with 1271 viewsLblock

MENTAL SHIT!!!

Maybe I’ll tell my boss I can’t start making him money until maybe Thursday mid morning as I’m just working my way into “full week fitness” and he needs to bear with me until then?

Fcuk me what bollox

(Not a dig at your post BTW; just a reaction to madness of it all!!!)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 23:23 - Aug 19 with 2026 viewsDejR_vu

This club gets more and more bonkers by the day. So we had a lot of muscle injuries and the best solution they could come up with is not train hard enough to get them fit. Only at QPR. I wonder if any other elite level sportsman thinks the answer to his/her injury problems is to train less and go into tournaments half fit. I mean, come on, look at those that suffered with muscle injuries and look a bit harder, don’t bring the whole squad down to the lowest common denominator. I’d like to say I’ve heard it all now but they’ll come up with something else in a week of two. Maybe give everyone 60 minutes and then just take them all off and finish the game with five subs on the pitch?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024