Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See 17:00 - Aug 19 with 10201 viewsDylanP

I was pretty low coming into the season. Losing Seny and without any marquee signings, I just couldn't see where the goods were going to come from. But there have been plenty of things to delight in already.

1. Armstrong has looked magnificant. He was already a fan favourite last season for his speed and energy. This season, he has really grown and stepped up.

2. Paul Smyth -- he has looked great as a winger. There is so much fight and purpose in his play this time round.

3. Begovitch has looked more than capable of filling Seny's gloves. His distribution isn't as good but he has great presence in the box and is a good shot stopper.

Add to that Fox and Cook, who both look like good players.

I am beginning to believe. What d'ya think?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 17:05 - Aug 19 with 6455 viewsLordPork

your delusional..........

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 17:06 - Aug 19 with 6435 viewsJuzzie

It’ll be a while before we can make any marquee signings so I hope we have enough in us to make a decent fist if it and at least get 50 points by Easter

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 17:06 - Aug 19 with 6427 viewstraininvain

Believe we might stay up? Possibly. But I wouldn’t expect much more.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 17:09 - Aug 19 with 6391 viewsMatch82

Depends what you mean by "believe"! Coming into the season I thought we would struggle but might just about be ok. After Watford, like all of us, I thought we were toast. Based on the Cardiff game and today, I feel much more positive. There's some talent here but more importantly it feels like the team has got some belief back in themselves, and are playing like they're happy to be out there for the first time in 9 months.

Weirdly after a loss I feel better about us today than I did 2 hours ago.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 17:17 - Aug 19 with 6290 viewspaulparker

Positives for me
Fox ,cook & Paal all look comfortable at the back
Colback getting 45 minutes
The keeper coming for balls at set pieces
Armstrong getting more confident
Chair looking a threat
Dozzell not giving the ball away
Smyth work rate
Kohli making the effort

Negatives
Our fitness levels are shocking , after 50 minutes we were done and you knew Ipswich would score
Field for me was very poor today and picks up stupid bookings
Kakay-truly awful and the weak link at the back
Dixon bonner looked lost and had the touch of a baby elephant
Willock injured again and limping his way to leaving on a free at the end of the season

Ainsworth- I like him and back him but FFS we need to keep hold of the ball

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 17:17 - Aug 19 with 6306 viewsDejR_vu

Agree that things in the last two league games aren’t as bleak as, perhaps, they appeared but that’s more to do with how expectations had fallen off a cliff, imo.

Cunning plan to lower expectations so far that one win in three (four including the cup), two defeats (three including the cup), including what can only be described as an embarrassing shellacking, and decent fans are looking for positives after a home defeat by a promoted side (for all the hype they’re not Man City), where we failed to score (again), had 39% possession, and appeared to run out of energy (again) 2/3 of the way in (there’s absolutely no excuse for that, you can’t blame finances for not being fit enough).
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 17:25]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 17:20 - Aug 19 with 6256 viewsDamo1962

Definitely not as bad as I expected, but if we finish outside the bottom three...I'll be pleasantly surprised. Two proper strikers could transform this team though. And a fitness coach worth the name.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 17:22 - Aug 19 with 6237 viewsessextaxiboy

You forgot about the 1 win

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 17:25 - Aug 19 with 6199 viewsqpr_1968

might of been a different game if sincs double post shot had gone in.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 17:28 - Aug 19 with 6143 viewsDejR_vu

Just as the Cardiff game would have been different if their two against the bar had gone in. I don’t disagree, but we lost, again. At the end of the day, that’s the reality and that’s what will determine our fate.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 17:31 - Aug 19 with 6094 viewsLblock

How many years have people been saying "we don't look fit"?????

Lack of ability I can get, lack of fitness - SCANDLOUS!!!

The standards at this club are below the gutter.
We've won 5 in 33 games.
Pisspoor at home - goals in front of the loft are like unicorns - yet still some people are "pleasantly happy"????
We've just lost to Ipswich in our first home game, not Real Madrid!!!!

If we are to stay in this Division we've got to be taking points off of the Cardiffs and Ipswich's and actually winning home games.

38% possession and 62% passing accuracy means you'll always be running around after the ball rather than doing things with it. You're going to need to be super fit to last 100mins with those stats.
We're not.

At least the sun is shining.......

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 17:37 - Aug 19 with 6041 viewsandrew1302

I think the question is what happens to us in the 2nd half. Chair had an audacious chip Kakay missed an easy one otherwise there wasn't a shot let alone one on target. Lots of endeavour etc but it all comes to nothing in the box. We really do not have anyone to come on as sub and change things. I think we probably are fit but we run around a lot and as players tire subs come on who I guess you can say are ok if there was one of them but 3 pretty ineffective ones simply gives problems. Unless we can find someone who can score a goal or take a shot on target we are in the problem we all thought we were. In the end Ipswich dominated us for the last period. We had exciting moments but the truth is their keeper could have had tea and biscuits and we would have scored once such was the lack of enterprise in front of goal

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 17:38 - Aug 19 with 6030 viewsted_hendrix

I won't be patting anybody on the head after another home loss.

Our failings are there for all to see and they've been there for yonks.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 17:39 - Aug 19 with 6015 viewsWegerles_Stairs

It's incredible how the board have got away with it, with many people still grateful for them being here.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 17:40 - Aug 19 with 6011 viewsCiderwithRsie

We're back to the "wanting our Rangers back" thing.

Are we going to win the league/avoid relegation? No/don't know.

Are we going to be a fecking embarrassment every week? Not on evidence of last three games, which is exact opposite of where we were after first game and pre-season.

Would I be trying to buy many of our players if I was let loose with a Premier League parachute payment? No.

Would I be happy to cheer for this lot, am I looking forward to 3 pm next Saturday? Yes I bloody am.

I'll take that, I'd have snatched your arm off for it after Watford, I'd have taken it after Beale walked, when Critchley was sacked, and probably straight after Warburton left too.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 17:55 - Aug 19 with 5871 viewsLblock

What is "our Rangers" or more importantly - what is yours?

Mine is one that had standards, hard working players combined with a bit of style and swagger here and there.
People proud to be at the club - staff and matchday squad alike.
One that had some affinity with it's fans and knew what it meant to be attacking the loft second half.

Not being a fecking embarrassment every week is a pretty low bar in my book but that's what this ownership hot on the heels of Paladini have done to us over two decades.

It's proper sad.

Have to agree with you that at least the club isn't where it was last season in terms of a few more players actually putting it in. Apart from that.... sod it.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 17:58 - Aug 19 with 5837 viewsDamo1962

No I didn't - that is your own personal take on my post. Get back to me when we win another.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 18:00]

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 18:03 - Aug 19 with 5812 viewsAntti_Heinola

We had more shots today than in the last 10 games pf last season combined - that was one of the plus points for me! Should have scored a couple, whereas in many games last season we didn’t even remotely look like scoring.

I was very pessimistic about the season, but there are a few green shoots, although much seems to ride on how much Sinclair can stay fit for.

Bare bones.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 18:05 - Aug 19 with 5787 viewsAntti_Heinola

Equally, ipswich only dominated once we essentially had half our first choice off the pitch. That says more about our strength in depth than anything they did

Bare bones.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 18:10 - Aug 19 with 5711 viewsQPR_Pro_Max

Ainsworth is so limited and didn’t learnt his lesson from the last three games:
1) played 4 at the back this afternoon vs three CBs last Saturday, the players were more comfortable with three at the back and more organized with better intensity;
2) played Field in Wednesday’s game risking an injury and fatigue (also increased the possibility of injury) as Sam Field is so important in the team.

In addition, what’s the contribution of the newly hired performance Director regarding the fitness level and injuries of the players?

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 18:12 - Aug 19 with 5667 viewsDamo1962

If we win the toss...we need to attack the Loft first half. Got to be worth a try, as we seem fitter first half. Maybe get our noses In front somehow...and defend like mad Inthe second half. Simple 🤔😉

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 18:14 - Aug 19 with 5645 viewsDamo1962

Isn't acceptance the last stage of grief?

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 18:16 - Aug 19 with 5615 viewsDamo1962

And that he scores in the first sixty minutes 😉

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 18:18 - Aug 19 with 5602 viewsandrew1302

Maybe an idea! I sit at the front of the Upper Loft and I can assure everyone there was the Kakay miss and Chair's chip. Apart from that there was nothing on target and nothing you could call a shot. When chances might have come Armstrong, Smith and Bonner all had slight mis control at the vital moment. The first two knocked the ball to far ahead of them and Bonner scuffed his cross when it was easier not too. It is in these moments we fail to create the real chance

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 18:22 - Aug 19 with 5570 viewsPikey

I think I watched the same game. But Dixon Bonner looks like a player to me. Goid replacement for Willock.
Shame about Armstrong and Kholi isnt a centre forward.
Overall Ithought we showed enough to be hopeful of a mid table finish probably along with Ipswich.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024