Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See 17:00 - Aug 19 with 10636 viewsDylanP

I was pretty low coming into the season. Losing Seny and without any marquee signings, I just couldn't see where the goods were going to come from. But there have been plenty of things to delight in already.

1. Armstrong has looked magnificant. He was already a fan favourite last season for his speed and energy. This season, he has really grown and stepped up.

2. Paul Smyth -- he has looked great as a winger. There is so much fight and purpose in his play this time round.

3. Begovitch has looked more than capable of filling Seny's gloves. His distribution isn't as good but he has great presence in the box and is a good shot stopper.

Add to that Fox and Cook, who both look like good players.

I am beginning to believe. What d'ya think?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 18:22 - Aug 19 with 2211 viewsessextaxiboy

I was replying to Dylan. My mistake
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 18:24]

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 18:40 - Aug 19 with 2132 viewsManinBlack

I dare say there were positives but I look at the overall record for the past year. Played two at home this season and lost both without scoring. Once again beaten by a promoted team, one lusy win at home in months and months, another home nil and still no Loft end goals since February. It may feel a bit better but the end conclusion is we are diabolical at home and that is relegation form.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 18:47 - Aug 19 with 2116 viewsAntti_Heinola

That was 3 at the back wasn’t it?

Bare bones.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 18:51 - Aug 19 with 2095 viewsRuislipHoop

He could play 10 at the back,it wouldn’t make any difference,

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 18:52 - Aug 19 with 2087 viewsHAYESBOY

GA just said Willock not injured but came off as not trained all week.

Agree on our fitness levels. Cook out on his feet at the end. Armstrong cannot last 60-70 mins.
Thought Chair was average first half, Willock was better. Dozzell had a good first half as well but second half wasn't as good.
Kakay miss is a shocker.
GA also states Field was taken off due to head injury. Will see if its concussion.
GA didnt mention Armstrong injury but it didn't look like cramp. Looked like a calf injury.
Thought Dixon Bonner did well when he came on.

Smells like a trout farm in here

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 18:59 - Aug 19 with 2060 viewsqprcmob

Have to agree with this, playing low possession football is going to use up a lot more energy so we need to keep the ball more for a start, there are also 23 other clubs in this division how many of those clubs are still trying to get up to speed with the season already started. On the Rangers report podcast Andy Sinton stated that he made sure that he was always fit and ready for the start of the new season which professional footballers should be so it is a bit of a mystery what is going on at our club. As for the strikers situation we still don't seem to understand that to win a football match we need to score goals.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 19:07 - Aug 19 with 2008 viewsQPROslo

Think it was a 4 today, and Sinton confirmed. Smyth further forward. Thought we looked better organised at Cardiff with the 3 and Smyth and Paal wing backs.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 19:09 - Aug 19 with 1997 viewsLogman

Disappointed with the negtativity in this thread. GA has got very little to work with. He is having to try to mould a Championship team from a bunch of players that other Championship teams didn't want and a bunch of kids. Yes, we have lost two games this week but by the narrowest of margins and both games could easily have gone the other way. He and the players are doing well.

Regarding fitness, what do people expect ? He is asking the team to chase everything down and for 70% of the time they are chasing the ball. What do people expect ? Of course they are going to look tired if they are running twice as far as the other team, chasing the ball for 60 minutes.

People need to realise that we do not have the players to hold onto the ball throughout the team. We have two players with the ability to do that. All the other players - its either not in their DNA, or they are learning their trade. That is the way it is going to be while we are recruiting players who are not off the top shelf and bringing inexperienced young players through.

Bit of perspective needed. Watford aside, we have done OK and need to keep the faith.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 19:12]

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 19:42 - Aug 19 with 1891 viewsbaz_qpr

It was definitely 3 at the back.

The fitness thing...

If you play fast and direct and you spend 60% of the time without the ball, you are burning more energy. It was hot today as well, but we need to learn game management better and second half we needed to slow it down and retain possession a bit this ain't league one where the ball gets turned over a lot more and when we gave control of the midfield second half then we are consistently having to chase and press. Tactically spot on first half, second half dreadful and naive

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 19:43 - Aug 19 with 1885 viewsMick_S

That’s where the game changed for me Annti, and it’s a very obvious problem. We did rather well, first half after a wobblyish start. Sinclair, so unlucky with the double post effort and then half time. The injuries did for us. I think we’ll be ok.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 19:43 - Aug 19 with 1881 viewsCateLeBonR

We are only 1 point behind where we were this time last year.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 19:52 - Aug 19 with 1842 viewsRangersw12

Didn't think we deserved to lose that today but as soon as the goal went in it was game over .

Cook at fault for the goal for me as he bottled the challenge.

Fitness levels are atrocious and you have to ask what have they been doing during pre season to be only able to last 60 mins .

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 19:55 - Aug 19 with 1834 viewsDejR_vu

So, by that logic, come the end of the season we will only be 15 shy of the handsome total posted last season; excellent 😉

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 20:36 - Aug 19 with 1769 viewsstevec

Back end of last season, aside of the loans, I thought we had 7 players we could build a side around.

Dieng- sold
Dickie -sold
Dunne - out injured
Dykes - out injured
Field - maybe out injured
Armstrong - maybe out injured
Chair

Feels like we’re being dealt a bad hand!

There’s little excuse though for the weakness of the bench, putting far too much pressure on the players we can rely on.

You sense we’re finally doing the right thing with some recent signings but it should have been out of inspiration rather than desperation.

Nevertheless, Colback, Cook and Fox are a step up. I wonder if we’ll now be similarly forced into securing a forward.

It’s not the way we should be going about putting a team together but if injuries are the only thing jogging the board out of their malaise then perhaps it’s better they happen now rather than after the windows closed.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 20:37 - Aug 19 with 1762 viewsDamo1962

No problem fella 🙂

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 22:55 - Aug 19 with 1577 viewsAntti_Heinola

it was 4 at the end, but 3 for most of the game.

Bare bones.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 22:58 - Aug 19 with 1574 viewsAntti_Heinola

Can't see it mate, sorry. I thought we did ok today, better than end of last season, and as Cive says our first XI is ok, competitive, but beyond that, even allowing for some nice cameos from Dixon-Bonner etc, it's miles off.

Bare bones.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 23:06 - Aug 19 with 1538 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Thought we might nick it, but when Sinclair and Field hobbled off I knew we were fooked.

What a joy though watching Sinclair.

Not since Adel have I seen a player get the ball and think 'something may happen'

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 23:29 - Aug 19 with 1494 viewslave16

I think we're staying up.... we look like we have effort and are more solid than last year. Armstrong's pace is the key. Unless we have a serious injury blight I think we will have enough

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 23:53 - Aug 19 with 1468 viewsCiderwithRsie

Your and my Rangers are about the same.

We can all tell stories of Rodney or Stan or Clive Allen or Simon Stainrod or Les Ferdinand or whoever it was when we were kids. But this thread isn't titled "It's all great, Sinclair Armstrong is God", it's just suggesting that things might - just might - not be as bad as we thought, that maybe a few of this squad of kids, oddballs and pension-dodgers might have a bit of that affinity and pride. We'll see about the swagger.

Or maybe not, we'll have to see, but these things don't happen because we all shout WannaWannaWanna, they're down to hard work over years.

On the owners, I hold no brief for the current lot, but why do this lot and Paladini get the blame with no mention of the intervening Tango and Cash, the billionaires who made no significant investment in players or facilities but were happy to screw Fernandes for every penny after a promotion achieved in the teeth of their incompetence? Or how about Paladini's predecessors, who may have been well-intentioned, but who put the club in hock to a bunch of crooks in Panama? Or "lifelong fan" Chris Wright, our sugar daddy who was going to throw money at the club, yet funnily enough QPR ended up insolvent while he walked away with some nice property in Harrow? Or even Richard Thompson, who we don't think is so bad now, but who presided over QPR slipping out of the Premier League at the precise moment that the likes of Matthew Harding and Roman Abramovich were recognising that top-flight football was changing from a money pit into a licence to print the stuff.

There's been just one - count him, one - great QPR owner, and kids I am here to tell you that reliable witnesses reckoned that anyone who bought one of Jim Gregory's used cars counted themselves lucky of they still had the fillings in their teeth next morning. (Probably why he was a great Chairman.) Football club owners are the scum of the earth, get used to it and don't go thinking that getting a new lot in will help much.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 03:08 - Aug 20 with 1382 viewsDamo1962

This. Why a lot can't see the problem... is beyond me. Lotus Road has become an easy three points for the opposition - no matter how good or bad they are. The club should be ashamed.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 03:53 - Aug 20 with 1368 viewsQPR_Pro_Max

Compare the starting XI with last season this time: Beale started with Shodipo, Adomah, Kakay while Willock was injured and Tim and Laird had not yet been brought in. Now Ainsworth has some prem experienced/quality players like Begovic, Cook, Collback, Willock, Field and Chair.
If the manager is Warburton or Beale, what will be the result and response? The positivism only reflects people’s low expectations or hopeless for Ainsworth’s capability.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 05:56 - Aug 20 with 1312 viewsQPROslo

Sorry that down vote was meant to be up.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 06:02 - Aug 20 with 1308 viewsQPROslo

Don't think Cook bottled the challenge - he was just too slow or at least not as quick as Chapman.

2 Losses Already But There Are Positives For All To See on 06:14 - Aug 20 with 1297 viewsQPROslo

Ok?! I only saw it on the stream so don't get the best overview, but Sinton and London who sit up high in the gantry were definite that we started with a back 4 with Smith much further up the pitch than at Cardiff in a midfield 3 with Dozzell and Field, Kakay at RB, Paul LB. Looked that way to me from the occasional overviews I saw.

A shout out from me today for Dozzell, thought he was good with and without the ball and that was important on a day when Field looked to be carrying some injury from early on and was often walking about rather tha running.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024