Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ugh... Celtic 14:03 - Oct 9 with 8223 viewsBluce_Ree

It's been odd having to sort of root for Celtic while Beale was at Rangers. I've never liked either club but it was an enemy of my enemy kind of situation.

But then they reminded me why Celtic are the fking worst.

Not looking to start a debate about Israel/Palestine. That whole part of the world is fked and I'm sure Clive could do without it. And fk, we're just a QPR forum in a corner of the internet. We know fk all. But just so fking tasteless that Celtic would go out of their way to celebrate the slaughter of a load of people at a music festival.

My Scottish team was always Aberdeen but fk them too.

[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 15:15]

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Ugh... Celtic on 15:00 - Oct 9 with 4373 viewsJuzzie

Looks like the tweet has been deleted. Probably a good thing.

I've found in my more mature years it's not about whether people are left or right, what religion they follow, what sporting teams they support, what music they like, what films they watch, what clothes they wear and so on.

People are just cnts.

Ugh... Celtic on 15:04 - Oct 9 with 4360 viewsBluce_Ree

If tweet not showing up, it was just a pic of their big stand with a couple of 'free palestine' type banners and whatever else.

(updated first post now)
[Post edited 9 Oct 2023 15:16]

Ugh... Celtic on 15:41 - Oct 9 with 4245 viewsBoston

...and of course, are they dog owners?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ugh... Celtic on 15:51 - Oct 9 with 4212 viewsBluce_Ree

I've always said it. For all talk of race, gender, religion etc you're either sound or a c*nt.

Ugh... Celtic on 16:24 - Oct 9 with 4075 viewsJuzzie

Just playing devil's advocate here but is it OK to support a cause if not the violence?

There are plenty of people around the world who think Putin's cause is just.
There were plenty of people around the world who though Al Qeeda's cause was just.
There were plenty of people around the world who thought the IRA's cause was just.

And so on.

Ugh... Celtic on 16:46 - Oct 9 with 3995 viewsWokingR

OMFG !
If someone knows Clive's address, get an ambulance round there now.
He'll be having a heart attack.

Ugh... Celtic on 17:12 - Oct 9 with 3892 viewsJuzzie

All I'm saying is that in situations like these there are always two sides and each side believes they are right. If not, then we wouldn't have these global problems.

I'm not advocating any of them.

Ugh... Celtic on 17:36 - Oct 9 with 3830 viewskomradkirk

Sitting back to watch this one develop.

Ugh... Celtic on 17:53 - Oct 9 with 3764 viewsGloucs_R

Really not the right place for this discussion guys. One for the pub maybe? đź‘Ť

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ugh... Celtic on 18:05 - Oct 9 with 3698 viewsHayesender

Yep. I, as I suspect most of us have, saw some videos yesterday that I wish I could unsee. I've also seen pictures and videos of people on the streets of London celebrating the stuff that's gone on, making me sick to my stomach.

Humanity eh!!!!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ugh... Celtic on 18:29 - Oct 9 with 3620 viewspaulparker

Just out of interest did as I didn’t see any weekend football , did sky or any of the premier league clubs have a minutes silence / clap or do SKY and the media pick and choose their worthy causes ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ugh... Celtic on 18:31 - Oct 9 with 3636 viewsDavieQPR

A lot to do with you would be 6ft under if you didn't.

Ugh... Celtic on 18:42 - Oct 9 with 3606 viewsBluce_Ree

Abort! Abort!

I just wanted to talk shit about Celtic!

Ugh... Celtic on 20:26 - Oct 9 with 3383 viewsBoston

One side of the discussion probably doesn't frequent public houses.

Ugh... Celtic on 01:48 - Oct 10 with 3155 viewsSydneyRs

There's definitely wrong on both sides here and in most conflicts for that matter.

All I'll say is that if you occupy someone else's country, don't expect it to be without some difficulty.

As for Celtic, its a club founded by Irish and many supporters identify as Irish. Ireland has been occupied for many hundreds of years and part of the country remains so with well documented problems as a result. Most people who identify as Irish, Celtic fans included, would love to see the day when Ireland is united again. And ironically its starting to look like a distinct possibility since brexit, with also an ongoing demographic shift occurring in NI meaning that for the first time the republican side is in the majority at elections.

Anyway, Celtic fans have used Palestinian flags for a long time, not just this week. Its a statement about countries being occupied. Not a great idea to do it at the most recent game though given the events that are happening.

Ugh... Celtic (n/t) on 02:02 - Oct 10 with 3145 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 10 Oct 2023 6:57]

Ugh... Celtic on 11:25 - Oct 10 with 2834 viewsMrSheen

“Not a great idea” to celebrate the abduction, rape and murder of civilians. I agree.

Ugh... Celtic on 11:49 - Oct 10 with 2774 viewsParkRoyalR

Not sure anyone is celebrating,

Free Palestine is a long standing campaign / slogan that pre-dates Hamas's violent overthrow of the Palestinian Authority / Fatah in Gaza,

With Hamas extremists more aligned to Iran than the Palestinians in the West Bank, and Benjamin Netanyahu being a close ally of Trump and sharing the American obsession with military power, this is going to end very badly for the hundreds of thousands of Palestinians and Israeli's who want to live in peace with a two state solution.

Reckon this thread should be pulled.

Ugh... Celtic on 12:00 - Oct 10 with 2755 viewsHayesender

Big numbers openly celebrating on the streets of London last night. Large numbers of Jewish businesses destroyed. Jewish children being told not to wear their school uniforms.

Shall we all just bury our heads in the sand so as not to upset certain sections of society?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ugh... Celtic on 12:21 - Oct 10 with 2691 viewsParkRoyalR

I was referring to a banner at a football match,

A couple of hundred in a city of 10million is not big numbers, 1 business shopfront in Golders Green is not large numbers, regardless should be rightly condemned, as should the ongoing carpet bombing of Gaza killing hundreds of innocent children,

Hamas took control of Gaza in a way Isis took control of Iraq and Syria, with limited support of the population, it will be they who will now suffer the consequences of 1500 terrorists in their 2m population.

Israel's leading newspaper and a retired British General writing in The Times yesterday both said Netanyahu 'is squarely responsible for the disaster, having ignored the consequences of escalating aggression towards Palestinians' (with 750 being killed since January).

All so tragic but as Haaretz wrote yesterday, so predictable.

Ugh... Celtic on 12:45 - Oct 10 with 2634 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/editorial/2023-10-08/ty-article-opinion/netanyah

Worth reading that article just so we remember that there are balanced pacifists on both sides.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ugh... Celtic on 14:29 - Oct 12 with 2330 viewsBluce_Ree

I'm not reading that. Both sides are as bad as each other. Rangers or Celtic they can both p1ss off.

Ugh... Celtic on 15:17 - Oct 12 with 2254 viewsBoston

I'm hearing this raid / attack has been planned for two years.

Ugh... Celtic on 15:35 - Oct 12 with 2194 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It actually isn't about football, Bluce, and I agree with you about the Glasgow teams. I detest both.

Anyway, it's about the war and it's for info only. No hassle.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ugh... Celtic on 17:07 - Nov 24 with 1472 viewsHoopinEssex

I'm new to the forum so only just seen this.

My other club is Celtic. I was born in London to an Irish family so like many always supported Celtic.

Those banners that day were disgusting. Many Celtic fans felt like me. But we have an Uber left wing ultra group who don't really care about the club or majority of fans. They think they speak for Celtic fans when they don't. The club have suspended them for now as they have done other things aswell as this and gained the club fines from Uefa.

I personally don't like or get into the sectarian side of it and have never liked it. I support Celtic for their Irish links and they were also founded by an Irish priest who appeals to me as a practicing Catholic.

I don't buy into the left and right wing stuff. For me there's right and wrong. Good ideas and bad ideas. Celtic have been captured by these far left clowns who are very uneducated and see everything through one prism. Out friends across the city are far worse in that regard in my opinion

For me the Palestine/ Israel thing shouldn't be anywhere near a football ground. One thing I do find funny about the ultras is they have never protested about persarcuted Christians in Nigeria , Pakistan or Somalia considering we were started by a Christian. They seem obsessed with the middle east.

Anyway point is please don't think every Celtic fan agrees with everything the ultra group do. They don't speak for all of us.

Like someone else said this stuff is better left in the pub but I just thought I would add what I thought.

Anyway Come on you R's.

Norwich 1 - 2 QPR
[Post edited 24 Nov 2023 18:53]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024