Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report 23:06 - Dec 10 with 9468 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61438

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 23:24 - Dec 10 with 7545 viewsNoelmc

I'd imagine these match reports are no longer the chore they were earlier in the season.

Very enjoyable reading and agree with you on Chair as MOTM.

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 23:40 - Dec 10 with 7441 viewscolinallcars

Great stuff and as already mentioned, surely not the chore it used to be !

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 23:46 - Dec 10 with 7401 viewsWatfordR

Yeah, straight into mentioning the football instead of about five or six paragraphs down. Not difficult to spot the love returning is it?

Got to say I thought the ref was pretty good yesterday. That JCS foul early on aside, felt he had most of the rest of it right. What a lovely change that was.

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 23:54 - Dec 10 with 7375 viewscolinallcars

Indeed, people say you make your own luck, something I've never ascribed to, but if you're playing well then generally some bad decisions won't lose you the game.

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 00:21 - Dec 11 with 7245 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"There’s a little noise the modern goal nets emit when hit. As the ball enters, and stretches the fabric, the pressure momentarily lifts the weights that run along its base, holding the goal’s shape and integrity, off the ground. That frame snaps back into position almost immediately with a satisfying click, as the rain cumulated along the frame through long periods of inaction falls to earth in droplets. The greater power in the shot, the purer the strike, the more the foundation is lifted from its moorings. The more important the goal, the louder and more satisfying its snap back into position. Like Pavlov’s dog, we have come to crave the click. We salivate at its threat. There are few more satisfying moments."

I think that's sonorous, musical, and maybe my favourite dream you've put to page.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 01:02 - Dec 11 with 7131 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Magnificent report on a magnificent result we are allowed nice things finally .
Not sure about the brides nighty though most grooms are too loaded to actually do it once and no chance of seconds so she only gets it off once .
Now a hookers knickers is totally different

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 04:16 - Dec 11 with 6906 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Reading your work on here is always great, but Reading it and it's a win, just so much sweeter.

Big thanks, appreciate it

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 07:14 - Dec 11 with 6597 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

In recent times your match reports have been the only highlight of supporting Rangers Clive…now they are the icing on the cake. Great report, thanks. I agree with every word.
I saw someone tweet yesterday that Marti is increasingly making Gareth Ainsworth unemployable - I completely agree. This is the same group of players. What a transformation. Truly amazing.
A mate who supports Millwall is now very worried, and I suspect that we had a hand in Stoke rolling the dice. Before there were three teams nailed on the take the bottom three places - suddenly it is three from about 8 or 10.
What a big week ahead…let’s dream of turning over Plymouth and Sheff Wed and just looking behind us at that carnage!
I bloody love this Rangers side.

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 07:30 - Dec 11 with 6551 viewsTeddRanger

Great report on a fantastic win.

As well as the fabulous prose, I also really enjoyed the photo montage of the second goal.

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 08:46 - Dec 11 with 6222 viewsdutch

I now bloody love this Rangers side too, but despised or despaired of almost all of them a few weeks ago. It's hard to explain the transformation in purely footballing terms. I think the most important aspect is psychological, what Clive said about the expectations and demands of the two managers., MC has an aura of quiet yet steely positivity and that has clearly rubbed off on the team and the fans.

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 09:01 - Dec 11 with 6149 viewsthehat

Top draw again Clive - perfectly captured.

45 minutes on the District Line just to get anywhere near the curl - Another brilliant gem.

Late Saturday afternoon in Shepherd's Bush with the floodlights on and Rangers attacking and scoring at The Loft End to win a game - Wow I'd forgotten how good that felt.

I know our little Blue Oasis set in the heart of West London is showing her age and I know its cramped and outdated with poor facilities but at 4.57pm on Saturday there is no where else in the world I would rather of been.

If we can get above the dotted line before Christmas then I really will believe.

Wow what a turnaround!!

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 09:09 - Dec 11 with 6111 viewsessextaxiboy

Rooney accuses his team of having no balls , our defender throws his in the way of a goal bound shot and has a laugh with the Ref afterwards....

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 09:10 - Dec 11 with 6106 viewsAndybrat

So love the report Clive, nearly all football without the need to entertain us with “stuff” before trying to make the best of what we saw. It’s the same players, the same players, some of the pressing was amazing and to quote someone else they didn’t leave anything out there. 100% right about 1st choice back 4 but Ozzie and Larkeche ( left mid) did well when they came on so suddenly we seem to have strength in depth. It’s the same players, is what all around me were saying in the SB stand. Missing Wednesday for daughters Masters graduation ( bit selfish of her!) make sure E17 does the thread……. Andy

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 09:14 - Dec 11 with 6080 viewsjoe90

Great report!

If you had told me a month ago that we would win three on the bounce AND play nice football whilst doing so, I would have said you're mad.

Amazing transformation in the team and atmosphere at LR.

What really sums up the transformation for me was the second goal. We would have never scored a goal like that under GA. It was so depressing seeing our attacking line looking lost and hopeless. Now we look like a completely rejuvenated side, getting forward and hunting goals! Long may it last.

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 09:14 - Dec 11 with 6081 viewsNorthernr

Cook wasn't laughing when we passed him the ball straight away during his recovery

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 09:24 - Dec 11 with 6024 viewsMrSheen

I agree on the prose, but deep dangly nets, fine mesh preferred (Hillsborough, Old Trafford, City Ground) were much better than today's springy prefabs. It added to the spicy joy of the goal watching the goalkeeper forced into an awkward rummaging expedition with spongy fingers, like fetching the Christmas decorations from the back of the loft eaves, while the ball was still spinning merrily in its little burrow.

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 09:37 - Dec 11 with 5928 viewsMrSheen

Clive and stringed instruments: he must have hated Master and Commander.

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 10:45 - Dec 11 with 5632 viewsParkRoyalR

Great report,

In the same way you were urging caution after the Stoke win, I think we got away with one on Saturday due to Willock's unerring inability to find the corner of the net at key moments and some great goal-keeping from Begovic.

Positives:
- Willock getting back to his best, scoring a superb individual goal against the run of play
- Fluid formation allowing Chair to play in the middle in both a 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3

Negatives:
- 35% possession / lost the midfield, Dozzell just has to do so much more, that's his role
- Substitutions, could be overly critical, but feel Marti should have addressed this sooner

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 11:22 - Dec 11 with 5504 viewsjtuck

Marti likes the NBA and in basketball, once the game is in the bag, coaches withdraw their best players so they can get the big ovation they deserve. That's exactly what he did on 85 minutes with Illy and Willy.

Also, when game ends, you see on extended highlights Willock shout at Armstrong repeatedly 'Sincs, Sincs!' to get his attention and then applaud him giving him special credit for that second goal.

Smells like team spirit!

LAranger

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 11:24 - Dec 11 with 5498 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Great report, and great that HQ is bouncing again. After 2 years of absolute dross it's lovely to watch our QPR team playing again. The smiles are back, and we are appearing, looking into sunlit uplands.

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by Smyth. I was critical of his signing, but his work rate and energy were fantastic on Saturday, he ran himself into the ground. Just needs that final quality ball, but his pace is frightening at this level.

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 11:50 - Dec 11 with 5402 viewsAntti_Heinola

Have a lot of sympathy with the overall message of this - I thought Hull were very good, and on another day might have drawn or even won, but having players who do good things well is not 'getting away with it'. That, on the most basic level, is what sport is about. It's like saying Usain Bolt was lucky to win a gold medal because he had a really good start off the blocks (I'm aware his wasn't the best, it's an analogy) - his start was good because he practised it and then executed it. 'Getting away with one' might be a fortunate goal, a penalty given or not given wrongly. It's not player or players successfully executing their skills. It also holds less water when the gap is two goals rather than one.
Possession is important, I was not a fan of the 'possession can do one' nonsense - BUT a lot of Hull's possession came when they were losing and they were struggling to find gaps in our midfield and defence. The kind of possession is important too. Although I agree, MC will not be happy with that and will want (and demand) better control of the football in future.

Bare bones.

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 11:51 - Dec 11 with 5394 viewsAntti_Heinola

Good point, and also what a message it gave to the rest of the team. 12 mins to play including additional time, and he said: 'I'm taking off our two most dangerous players, but I trust you to not miss a beat'.

Bare bones.

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 13:09 - Dec 11 with 5093 viewswestberksr

great stuff Clive. Lovely for you to have some positive writing to do and the humour can be less 'gallows'.

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 13:21 - Dec 11 with 5020 viewsEastR

Excellent as ever Clive, thank you.
For family/work reasons this was my first game since Sunderland and the turnaround is simply staggering.

Two good teams on display, managed by their excellent respective coaches. A draw or even an away win would not have diminished the performance of both sides. On this evidence, notwithstanding the results of the season to date, they both could make a legitimate claim for a top six presence.

Fully agree with the Field comment. He has been outstanding for us for such a long time but it was interesting to see him struggle a bit with the shape of the game. If he has a weakness it is an absence of close control in a tight space, but I’d still have him over Colback for example particularly away from home.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Illy and Willy bring strictly business back to fashion – Report on 13:29 - Dec 11 with 4995 viewsmart_Goblin

According to the grapevine , Ainsworth due back at his rightful place around Christmas time if results don’t go well
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024