Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England - Chel*** players 19:51 - Mar 23 with 5868 viewsdavman

Gallagher and Chillwell utterly garbage tonight. Just like Mount and James have been for England in the last couple of years. I know I'm biased, but wtf has a mid table team got two players in this England team for?

Southgate is England's biggest handicap.

Maguire too - needs a new club. Shocking.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

England - Chel*** players on 19:59 - Mar 23 with 3070 viewsStanisgod

I expect this ref to rock up in the championship soon.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

England - Chel*** players on 20:00 - Mar 23 with 3064 viewsLanhoop

Hard to disagree. Chilwell in particular shouldn't be anywhere near this squad.

England - Chel*** players on 20:09 - Mar 23 with 3028 viewsToast_R

Think the ref has done well so far, not buying the cheating. Could have sent Bellingham off

England - Chel*** players on 20:45 - Mar 23 with 2933 viewsloftboy

I am alone in admitting there’s a couple of England players I’ve never heard of?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

England - Chel*** players on 21:20 - Mar 23 with 2770 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chilwell is our best lb when fit and in form but tonight aboit 4 left backs were out injured. Not much Southgate can do there. Bizarre comment about a mid table club: we were mid table when we all thought Les should be getting caps, and Cole Palmer also plays for them and you couldn’t ever say he doesn’t deserve to be in the squad.
Southgate’s the best manager england have had since Ramsey and he’ll win us a title this year.

Bare bones.

England - Chel*** players on 21:30 - Mar 23 with 2722 viewsnumptydumpty

Chilwell was particularly dreadful tonight

To be fair I thought Conor Gallagher was very busy and was decent in a nothing game

Strange how poor we are at left back as Chilwell and Shaw are the top two choices despite both not being international quality

The Chelsea players that were not involved tonight were the ones that benefitted ie Palmer and Sterling.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

England - Chel*** players on 21:35 - Mar 23 with 2702 viewsHooparoo

I may be biased but surely that England squad is crying out for Mr Eze?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

England - Chel*** players on 21:38 - Mar 23 with 2696 viewsdavman

Shaw MUCH better than Chillwell. Would even prefer Burn to be fair.

We were better than mid table when we were calling for Les to play, but recognised that he was behind Sheringham and Shearer at the time although he WAS scoring goals for a lower top half team.

Notice that you haven't defended Gallagher; is that because you can't?

Palmer no better than Foden, Rashford, Grealish, Gordon, so can understand why he's not there, but yes, he may be worth a cap, but not ahead of Eze, surely.

Southgate football is DULL. Still can't get over his insistence on two defensive midfielders against Scotland at the last Euros. That should have been a stackable offence in itself.

Off the restraints and this bunch of players will FLY.

Can we go out yet?

England - Chel*** players on 21:44 - Mar 23 with 2662 viewsNed_Kennedys

Dull game, Brazil deserved to win.

England hardly threatened: Southgate somehow manages to suck the creativity out of our best players. Fingers crossed he finally fecks off after the finals: he’s way outstayed his welcome.

England - Chel*** players on 22:15 - Mar 23 with 2559 viewsWatford_Ranger

Think Palmer is much better than Gordon and Rashford and more consistent than Eze, who is hamstrung to an extent by the dross around him, though they wouldn’t really be competing for the same spot. He’s an annoying little gimp but he looks like Chelsea’s best player by a mile whenever I watch them.

England - Chel*** players on 23:27 - Mar 23 with 2401 viewsAntti_Heinola

5th, 9th, 8th, 8th. Basically not far off where Chelsea are now. I think they've been dreadful this season, but are we really saying you can't play for England if your team is in 11th and you made one cup final and the semis of another? Really? I despise Chelsea, but I just don't agree with that premise.
Palmer has been outstanding this season - you don't even know that the reason he's not there is that he's injured! He was in the squad. And I'm desperate for Eze to be in the squad, but Palmer has been better than him this season (and Eze can't stay fit) - and if you're saying Chelsea players shouldn't be in the squad because of league position how would you justify Eze's place?!
On current form, the ony one Palmer isn't better than on your list is Foden.
I wouldn't have Gallagher in the squad, no, but that wasn't really my point - and with the amount of injuries there are, I'm not surprised he's there.
I agree GS was too cautious v Scotland, but we were penalties away from winning the thing!
Fans keep going on about the restraints. Look at the teams that win international tournaments. None of them are gung-ho teams. Pragmatism wins you tournaments, boring as it is.

Bare bones.

England - Chel*** players on 06:17 - Mar 24 with 2161 viewsLblock

Gareth is weird juxtaposition for me

You can’t really argue with his record
He did rebuild fan and player bonds when he first came in
Holds himself well and seems a decent enough chap

But then you have the Gareth Safegate side of things
He just doesn’t seem to have it in him to do something left field to win the big ones
I’ll never forgive him for that feeling I had walking home from Wembley in the pissin rain as our best ever chance to win a trophy on home soil had been stodged away against a bang average Italy.
He’ll take his favourites in his squad, not those in form…. I will combust when I see Kalvin Phillips name on the list as you just know will happen.
Cannot see us winning anything under him and he’ll be boring the tourists at Old Trafford soon enough

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

England - Chel*** players on 06:59 - Mar 24 with 2124 viewsHAYESBOY

Under Southgate we have played top 10 teams 25 times. We have won 4 of those games.

Smells like a trout farm in here

England - Chel*** players on 07:39 - Mar 24 with 2065 viewsBlackCrowe

Assuming that stat is correct, then that is shocking and pathetic in equal measure.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

England - Chel*** players (n/t) on 07:52 - Mar 24 with 2039 viewsPlanetHonneywood

[Post edited 24 Mar 8:03]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

England - Chel*** players on 08:02 - Mar 24 with 2015 viewsPlanetHonneywood

100% this!

I fear we're now at a stage with GS, that he's so entrenched in being 'pragmatic' that he's lost or never had, the killer instincts to know when to go for it.

He was totally out-foxed and unable to respond to Mancini on that fateful night, but i don't think he's developed since then, and I've long since arrived at the conclusion that while the FA has their safe pair of hands on the tiller, we don't have in GS, the man to capitalise on the riches he has and take us that one step further.

Done a great great job creating a club atmosphere among the players, definitely elevated the job, and fared considerably better than most of his predecessors. However, he's no more the United manager than me, and if I had a wand, GS would be the right pair of hands to run the FA.

Finally, the England manager's job is blighted by the press. Some of whom need a good slap. Repeatedly. GS has handled them well, and set a benchmark of how an England manager should conduct themselves.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

England - Chel*** players on 08:20 - Mar 24 with 1978 viewsstevec

I don’t bother watching this guff any more, felt much more at home watching Mansfield v Colchester.

England - Chel*** players on 08:42 - Mar 24 with 1935 viewsdavman

Fair point on Palmer. Fair point that boring with a good team wins more than gung ho teams.

My point on the mid table team is that no other mid table team features in Southgate's squads like Chelsea do. It's the big club bias. Is Mainoo really good enough or is it that he's been hyped and plays for Man U?

And then there are his favourites - Henderson retired at the start of the season to earn money and still gets picked. Phillips moved into Semi Retirement when leaving Leeds to spend time sitting on benches and still gets picked. Maguire not playing for his team? Don't worry, you're in no matter what. It's farcical and DULL.

He has maintained England's rep as a flat track bully and little else.

Can we go out yet?

England - Chel*** players on 08:50 - Mar 24 with 1906 viewsNed_Kennedys

Well Southgate has been the King of Pragmatism for three major tournaments now and won nothing.

The real skill is changing it up during the game to outwit your opponent (like Mancini did for Italy at Wembley) and Southgate has never been able to do this.

England - Chel*** players on 08:54 - Mar 24 with 1890 viewsstevec

Against my better judgment I thought I should read up and educate myself about last nights game and stumbled across the words ‘England coaching assistant, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank’.

WTF? His residency was the only time in nigh on 60 years that I boycotted games at LR (much like about half the ground at the time).

Shocking.

England - Chel*** players on 09:04 - Mar 24 with 1865 viewsSnipper

If England had had Pep Guardiola as manager since 2020, I honestly think the England would be World and European champions now.

England - Chel*** players on 09:15 - Mar 24 with 1839 viewsSK_hoops

He won't, because, yet again, he's failed to beat a decent team.

England - Chel*** players on 09:22 - Mar 24 with 1811 viewsessextaxiboy

I lost interest in watching England when Gazza retired.

England - Chel*** players on 10:13 - Mar 24 with 1734 viewsAntti_Heinola

It’s also likely to be not too dissimilar to most other teams within that list.

Bare bones.

England - Chel*** players on 10:21 - Mar 24 with 1719 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fair points, but Mainoo, who has been excellent, was only in the squad because of about 6 injuries. He wasin the u21s and hot called up after drop outs. It’s just mad to be beating him with these sticks! I do agree his loyalty to Hendo and Maguire has gone too far. I’d prob take Hendo in a 23 because in any tournament 4-5 players prob won’t play so you need them to be good tram players not sulky moaners, but he’s a way off first pick for me now. To be fair to GS, his favoured first XI is probably:

Pickford
Walker Maguire Stones Shaw
Rice ???
Saka Bellingham Foden
Kane

There’s one spot in there to be filled if all are fit and other than Maguire, i’d find it hard to argue much about that team.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024