Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hughes lost the match tonight 22:08 - Oct 1 with 2865 viewsQPR_ARG

Nobody else to blame.

We gifted West Ham 2 goals and 54 minutes before he sent out our best player (yes, he is. I've always said it. Haters should look elsewhere) and we improved with Diakité until he lost his head again.

The minute I saw that lineup, I knew it. And so I posted it on the match thread. Why is it so clear for me to see with an Ocean between me and Loftus Road and so hard for the manager to see it?

No excuses for what we saw today. Absolutely none.

And even less to start the 2nd half without making any changes.

Ridiculous. Hopefully, this is a wake-up call for Hughes. We should never sit Adel Taarabt again.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 23:27 - Oct 1 with 641 viewsPey

Too many question marks making me head spin.

Where was Dyer in the first place ?
Why change the back four ? Dyer Nelsen Hill Onuoha looked good against Spurs
What happened today ?
Why leaving out players like Hoilett and Taarabt ? who have skills to make something happen.
Why has this team not started to gel ?

Hughes lost the match tonight on 23:34 - Oct 1 with 624 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Our defence looked ok against spurs but it still cost us the game through basic errors and I agree with arg tactics and selection was wrong.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 23:46 - Oct 1 with 608 viewsbaz_qpr

Can't pass if they have not got anyone to pass too. They were pressed for the first time today they had two wide players either side of them that offered them nothing in way of movement or progressiveness and a forward partnership between two forwards with zero understanding neither of which is willing to play for the other. They were badly let down by their manager who was more worried about protecting his full backs (not exactly sending confidence through the team and a defence playing far far too deep.) than about attacking the opposition and any form of pattern of play.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 00:04 - Oct 2 with 589 viewsHollowayRanger

we have no fullbacks and swp and park out wide so attack wise we have very little out wide defence wise two centrebacks out of postion and a classy but lightweight midfield pair

biggest fault was taatabt on ht holiet on 70 mins instead taarabt 55 mins holiet 82 mins

too late far too late

cisse is a striker a killer in the box but how much time did he have in the box very little far too deep looking for the ball

only positives for me mbia looks a class player i want him in diakits postion and taarabt and holiet must be given a run for swp and parks

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Hughes lost the match tonight on 00:17 - Oct 2 with 581 viewsbaz_qpr

midfield 4 tonight holloway, incredibly lightweight. The biggest fault was not adjusting before the 2nd goal, and then not hooking Park and SWP at half time.

I also think it is a grave error to play 4-4-2. Hughes has played it now for about 15 games since he arrived and we have not won a single league match playing it. We don't have a partnership upfront or the mobility in midfield. We can get away with it playing very defensively against the big teams.

We have to switch back to and stick with 4-2-3-1 and as much as I like Cisse his style of play is not suited to 2012 and he will only ever be an impact sub because he can't play back to goal

Hughes lost the match tonight on 00:19 - Oct 2 with 576 viewsgobbles

Faurlin, in particular, was hopeless at even retaining possession. Easy to say there was no one to pass to, but they have a responsibility to bring other players into the game. Probably a more adequate reply to everyone slagging Park and SWP is to ask what are they to do if the midfield don't pass them the ball.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 00:20 - Oct 2 with 576 viewsNorthernr

Definitely down to Hughes tonight. To go in against Nolan-Noble-Diame with a lightweight midfield like that was asking for trouble. I don't understand what Hoilett and Taarabt have done to be left out of the team, and I don't understand what Park and SWP have done to get into it. Totally down to him tonight.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 00:21 - Oct 2 with 574 viewskysersosaqpr

Yep - spot on

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 00:26 - Oct 2 with 568 viewsbaz_qpr

They can't pass to them if they are not offering or if the ball is not going to make its way to another Rangers player. They had 3 against 2 against them and they were pressing much harder than any other team has against them in the middle third. If the wide players are not moving to create an option or are too deep the play can't flow so we are having to take an extra touch or three and getting caught.

We were set up so badly and that was so clear from the start that, Uncle Tony needs to be asking what he is spending all this money on infrastructure and backroom for, because someone/people is/are not doing their job properly

Hughes lost the match tonight on 00:37 - Oct 2 with 558 viewsRangersAreBack

West Ham are very 1 dimensional yet Hughes couldn't come up with a line up and formation to counter their strengths and exploit their weaknesses. Reading gave Hughes the perfect heads up on how not to set up the team against West Ham yet he went for pretty much the same formation.

Diakite brought some much needed physical presence and desire but unfortunately he lacks brains. QPR picked up 1 yellow card and 1 red card. West Ham picked up 8 yellow cards and no reds. Why? Because once their player picked up a yellow he had the brains not to go flying into another challenge.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 00:40 - Oct 2 with 551 viewskysersosaqpr

Agree

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 00:44 - Oct 2 with 538 viewsRangersAreBack

Disagree. Totally the wrong midfield for tonight's encounter. It's blindingly obvious that physical presence is required against West Ham. Indeed, that's a prerequisite against any team managed by Sam Allardyce.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 00:46 - Oct 2 with 532 viewsN12Hoop

100% correct. We were bullied out of it tonight and our quality players sat on the bench watching.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Hughes lost the match tonight on 00:49 - Oct 2 with 527 viewsColombiR

Sad to say I agree with most of the posts on this thread blaming Hughes for this defeat and pathetic performance.
Yes, we were over-run in midfield, but Hughes should have guessed that quite easily. We had a dress rehearsal against Reading in midweek for gawd's sake.
As for the selection of SWP and Park... beggars belief. Why managers consistently have a blind spot to what Taarabt gives the team is beyond me. Yet again he showed he's worth two players - even when he doesn't come off, he works so hard to make himself available for the ball.
I'm a patient sort, and have regularly thought badly of Rangers fans who spend their lives complaining at the team and manager. As far as I remember, in the 20 years I've followed Rangers I've only ever agreed with one sacking - Paul Hart.
I believed in Holloway after Vauxhall Motors, in Christmas 2002 when we were shocking in every game for 10 games.
Yes, I know deep down that the way to success is to stick by the manager, and that no one ever wins anything chopping and changing all the time.
Three defeats on the trot - including outplaying a top 5 side for 90 minutes and preceded by taking a point of the alleged European champions - is much less than what we've all had to go through in the past. And I've been patient then.
But I cannot remember being so angry before.
I can tolerate shit players, we've had plenty. I can tolerate naive decisions. But we have to ask serious questions when we're paying this much money for so-called established people.
Surely it's Hughes' job to see that we were getting battered in the first half? That Faurlin and Granero were never going to stand a chance against their physical approach. By god could we have used Barton today in CM. Shocking stuff.
And how they talk the talk! Well don't. Just shut up. I don't want to know if we were unlucky, if things are going to change. Just win. Score more goals than them. Not that hard. Not when you're buying players from Real Madrid and Inter Milan. Can you really justify employing a manger just so he can whip out his CV to potential signings and get them exciting 'cos he once played for Bayern you know?
So forgive me for today coming to the end of my tether and openly criticising us at the ground. (I could have so easily booed - which has always been for me the cardinal sin.) Sorry that I'm very close to losing my 'long-term stability beats everything' mantra. Pardon that I'm more or less abandoning reason that this run of bad form is so, ridiculously short that it is ludicrous to be sympathise with the Out Brigade. But sympathise I do.
I've tried to be patient, but when you've got absolutely everything you could ever want as a manager but you're still so incapable of the basics yet ignorant of your own stupidity, I just nearly flipped.

And there's another thing.
Remember John Gregory, Rangers legend. He cried with the emotion of keeping up the worst side in the division. Brings a tear to my eye, that youtube video.
Hughes kept up a bunch of mercenaries he'd been managing for half a season and all he could do was pretend the relegation battle was nothing to do with him and make out that he was a hero "We'll never be in this position as long as I'm here". Well Crouchy -at LR and in beating Bolton- had more to do with keeping us up in the last two games than you did Hughes.
It has to be that arrogance that turns up such ludicrous systems as the one we played today.
I have little faith in the manager as a tactician, and even less as a person.
We could win the Champion's League and I think I'd struggle to identify with him.
There is nothing likeable about the man. I perfectly understand why people dislike us. Is there an ounce of humility in Hughes? Does he have a clue about what being a football fan is?
Holloway was often a bumbling idiot, often brilliant, but he always cared. Warnock was a whiny old bastard and may have been tactically naive, but by god did he love it when we won. He understood our tribe, and probably does so at Leeds. Hughes lives on Planet Sparky and seems to so believe the Mark Hughes myth that it appears our plan is to just keep carrying on and expect the three points to arrive on the porch one day.
Thank god (or Allah if we like, seeing as Taarabt is the most likely candidate to save us from the abyss) for the lamb hassina and chicken dhansak (sorry Adel, not halal) that calmed me down.
Now for the 10.30 train to West Brom, when all will be well with the world and discussions will inevitably centre on our imminent first away victory for a year, before the disappointment.
Do something Mr Hughes. Change. Come across as the kind of bloke we'd like to have a beer with. Accept that you've spent a hatful and still can't win a football match. Acceptance is the first step on the road to recovery...
Please, I can deal with being a shit, but I can't deal with being loaded, shit and yet still arrogant as f*ck.
I'm ranting, I might be going mental, maybe I should trip a bloke up just for shits and giggles. But you'll all clap me off the bus, right?

Hughes lost the match tonight on 00:49 - Oct 2 with 525 viewsRangersAreBack

Spot on. Those 3 bossed our midfield 4. They were first to everything, won every physical battle and won possession back on numerous occasions. Once Samba entered the fray that all changed and we looked competitive. Unfortunately this lasted all of 19 minutes.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 00:55 - Oct 2 with 512 viewskysersosaqpr

Errrr, players lost the game - last time I looked Hughes was an inanimate object on the sideline going " D'Ohhh"

Hughes lost the match tonight on 00:56 - Oct 2 with 510 viewsColombiR

And i apologise in advance that this is knee-jerk, negative etc etc. In the cold light of day I won't want to sack the manager. But this made me desperate. Really, really desperate.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 00:59 - Oct 2 with 506 viewshoopstar67

I have to agree,was very worried when i saw we had 2 against their 3,and no idea why Hoilett was dropped,think Adel needs to be starting now,hopefully Hughes will sort it out sooner than later and learn by his mistakes and i don't agree with all this Hughes out rubbish,we need stability.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 01:07 - Oct 2 with 502 viewseastside_r

So many post-match threads but which one to post on?

I have chosen this one.

I was (and probably still am) so angry and frustrated that I cannot articulate my feelings for tonight's game.

Suffice to say that by the end I was like the QPR's most angry fan (link available somewhere.)

A few hours later I am in no better place despite trying to rationalise this in a''Ted Hendrix' kind of karma.

Meanwhile some ex-soldier has murdered his kids and then topped himself. There's a wee girl missing somewhere in mid-Wales. I am hoping by the time I wake up that I can put this all into some kind of perspective.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 05:57 - Oct 2 with 470 viewsQPR_Nippon

But surely going in with a midfield of Hoilett - Granero - Faurlin - Taarabt in a 4-4-2 we would have been even more lightweight and open, no?

Why we've abandoned 4-5-1/4-2-3-1 when it was the formation that got us up, eventually kept us up, and suits the players that we have is what's mystifying me. We're trying to accommodate Cisse and it's costing us.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 07:47 - Oct 2 with 432 viewsdazhoopa

the best form of defence is attack if u can't defend,as soon as i saw the team i knew we were in for a bad night.its all very well playing swp and park away from home against the big clubs but at home against westham is disgrace.i was backing hughes and understand about our problems in defence,but to leave our two best attacking options on the bench was a managerial disaster.i think park sold enough shirts and should start on the bench but will fernandes allow it,i do wonder if hughes has total control over team selsction.

Hughes lost the match tonight on 08:49 - Oct 2 with 397 viewsingeminate

Agree with a lot of that.

A big part of accepting Warnock leaving was the belief that the Teutonic Hughes would inject a level of professionalism and structure alongside preperation, dossiers, tactical awareness that Warnock just wasn't up for that. That at this level you just need that, so you accept his characterless ways, marvel at his restructuring, listen out for players to routinely comment to the press how much more professional training etc is.

So what do we end up with?

No team spirit in evidence.

Diabolical tactics.

Team low on confidence - Manager's job to give them that sense of self-belief.

And trouble is Hughes still comes across as a doughnut.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Hughes lost the match tonight on 08:55 - Oct 2 with 387 viewsShotKneesHoop

Spot on.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Hughes lost the match tonight on 09:03 - Oct 2 with 368 views00calben

That welsh c*nt should never have been appointed in the first place.

The "messiah" (fu.c.king PR man) Tony Fernandes should be ashamed of himself for ever sacking Warnock. I hope Neil is laughing about the absolute shambles our team is.

and I've said this since the day Warnock got sacked.

One Neil Warnock

Hughes lost the match tonight on 09:18 - Oct 2 with 352 views18StoneOfHoop

On another forum Rodney Harsh mentions Hughes play-it-safe hankering for a 'cock-awful defensive winger strategy that really hamstrings our attacking creativity'.Park Ji-sung and SWeeP maybe displined tracking-backers but neither provide the game unlocking creative potential of Taarabt and Hoilett offensively.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024