Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No visa, but €7 charge to travel to EU countries 13:45 - Dec 14 with 122 viewsHannibal

Due to botched BREXIT negotiations apparently.

Every 3 years you have to do a bit of paperwork and pay to go to EU countries now.

‘The European Commission has confirmed that while UK travellers will not need a visa, they will need to apply for and buy another document from 2021.

It is called an ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorization System) and although not launched yet, is expected to come into force in 2021.

The travel requirement is not just for the UK but for many non-EU countries.’

Good job Theresa!
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 13:46]

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

No visa, but €7 charge to travel to EU countries on 14:10 - Dec 14 with 104 viewsROTTWEILERS

Extra charges, less freedoms, more poorer. To pay for something that I don't want.

Nice one.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

No visa, but €7 charge to travel to EU countries on 14:37 - Dec 14 with 93 viewsLala

Ahem, that's if the deal gets vetoed.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

No visa, but €7 charge to travel to EU countries on 15:42 - Dec 14 with 86 viewsHannibal

....which it will.

I was just using this to highlight that it’s not a very good deal. But I’m biased of course.

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

No visa, but €7 charge to travel to EU countries on 16:10 - Dec 14 with 81 viewsLala

No I agree it isn't a great deal. Not sure a great deal will ever be an option though whichever way we run with it.

A lot of Brexit hotspots were economically challenged areas, although conversely a lot of the remaining leavers ( are you following me 🤔) are excessively affluent. Anyway, my devils advocation being that the poorer Brexit voters may never have much opportunity to venture out of the UK anyway so an EU entrance fee might not be an issue.

Just pondering out loud.

No visa, but €7 charge to travel to EU countries on 16:51 - Dec 14 with 78 viewsspell_chekker

Where the hell do I stand in all of this?

UK passport.

EU resident.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

No visa, but €7 charge to travel to EU countries on 17:02 - Dec 14 with 76 viewsLala

You aren't allowed to go anywhere now, just give it up!

No visa, but €7 charge to travel to EU countries on 17:05 - Dec 14 with 73 viewsjanegallagher

Now if you’d just all voted remain like me

We’ve got Simon Sadler

No visa, but €7 charge to travel to EU countries on 17:17 - Dec 14 with 70 viewsLala

I actually did vote remain to be honest and I still don't claim to have a clue what the effects of leave will actually mean.

One minute I worry a bit and the next I think bring it on 🙃

No visa, but €7 charge to travel to EU countries on 17:56 - Dec 14 with 65 viewsokeh_for_some

To be honest, the ESTA type charge is probably the least of our worries. In the business I work we’ve run a multitude of Brexit scenarios - hard, soft and somewhere between. However we run the numbers it’s bad for trade, jobs and investment. It may be the ‘will of the people’ but I’m pretty sure most folk don’t realise the implications. Granted it will be a different picture in some businesses, but not good for anyone in the automotive sector for sure.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 17:58]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024