Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eccentric dingbat or full on swivel-eyed loon? 16:53 - Jul 4 with 255 viewsspudgun

What on earth was Ann Widdecombe thinking of when she likened Brexit to the emancipation of slaves, and that Britain has been `oppressed` by the EU.

Anyone one with a rudimentary grasp of history would blanch at such a statement, wouldn`t they?

Especially an experienced and intelligent woman like Widdecombe.

We live in strange and slightly worrying times...

Eccentric dingbat or full on swivel-eyed loon? on 16:59 - Jul 4 with 254 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Dingbat approaching old age for me.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Eccentric dingbat or full on swivel-eyed loon? on 17:11 - Jul 4 with 242 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

She's just an embarrassing ancient relic.

It's people like Claire Fox in that party that worry me.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Eccentric dingbat or full on swivel-eyed loon? on 17:28 - Jul 4 with 235 viewsROTTWEILERS

Says it all about the general intelligence of the populace that the Brexit Party allow a bona fide loony to have a prominent position in the party and get away with it.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Eccentric dingbat or full on swivel-eyed loon? on 17:56 - Jul 4 with 223 viewsLala

She’s definitely a little bit odd isn’t she. Certainly an interesting individual not often for the right reasons.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Eccentric dingbat or full on swivel-eyed loon? on 18:43 - Jul 4 with 217 viewsspell_chekker

I remember her. She must be knocking on a bit now.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Eccentric dingbat or full on swivel-eyed loon? on 07:39 - Jul 5 with 193 viewsspudgun

A smart friend of mine, who`s opinion I would never doubt, went to see her at Lowther Pavilion a couple of weeks ago. Although not a supporter of her politics he told me how impressive and erudite a speaker she was.

So I`m not sure we can put this down to creeping senility or simple dingbattery (although they may be contributing factors). I suspect the emboldened Brexit Party are pushing the envelope further with their inflammatory rhetoric, like we have seen in America.

We are not slaves nor are we oppressed, and Europe is still our friend, even though there are things that bug us about them. Widdecombe`s attempts at rabble rousing felt a little contrived and calculated. Noisy outliers like Widdecombe, who have bought into this `no deal` nonsense at all cost, are probably more leaning towards ideological loons, in my opinion.

I suspect the Brexit Party will use Trump as a template and Bannon as a guiding hand; I find it difficult to listen to Farage`s propaganda machine on LBC now.

Swivel-eyed loon for me..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024