Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another bad day for BJ... 11:14 - Sep 11 with 522 viewsspudgun

So the Scottish Courts rule that Johnson`s prorogation of parliament was unlawful and it was deemed a political act contrived to stymy opposition to the government`s Brexit plans. This goes to appeal at the Supreme Court on Tuesday.

Also by 11pm today parliament will be in receipt of all correspondence by the government appertaining to the prorogation as per the recent motion that the government lost recently.

Now imagine if there was further damning evidence that would lead the Supreme Court to uphold the Scottish ruling (should they need any).

Does this mean that Johnson misled the Queen?

Would it constitute lying to the Queen?

Will parliament be recalled?

I think he may need more than bluster, references to the Classics, or tousling of his hair and gurning to get him out of this one....

[Post edited 11 Sep 2019 11:16]

Another bad day for BJ... on 12:59 - Sep 11 with 506 viewsspell_chekker

As far as I'm concerned, I'd like to see the Supreme Court uphold the decision just for the sake of having a laugh at the fall out.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Another bad day for BJ... on 20:14 - Sep 11 with 491 viewsLala

It’s just all a mammoth pantomime now isn’t it.

I’ve given up following it. I’m still interested in if and when we leave the EU and what the deal will be, but it’s unlikely we’ll know that anytime soon and all this peripheral point scoring is lost on me now.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Another bad day for BJ... on 20:27 - Sep 11 with 489 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

This is a row about an agreement that might kick in if no comprehensive (trade) deal is agreed within two years of us leaving. The rows over the actual deal will be a lot worse. (This is meant to be the easy bit).

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Another bad day for BJ... on 20:47 - Sep 11 with 486 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Parliament suspension: Government refuses to publish No 10 communications

The government is refusing to publish details of communications between No 10 aides about Parliament's suspension, despite MPs voting for their release.

Cabinet minister Michael Gove said the information sought by MPs was "unreasonable and disproportionate".

It would breach the rights of the nine advisers concerned, including Boris Johnson's chief aide Dominic Cummings.

To do so, he added, would "contravene the law" and "offend against basic principles of fairness".

Ministers have, however, acceded to MPs' request to publish details of the government's no-deal contingency plan, Operation Yellowhammer, detailing worse-case assumptions about disruption to medical and food supplies.

The controversial decision to close Parliament for five weeks was ruled unlawful by Scotland's highest court earlier on Wednesday - with the case now moving to the Supreme Court.

MPs voted on Monday to order the release of all internal correspondence and communications, including WhatsApp messages, between nine No 10 advisers relating to Parliament's suspension.

But the government has said it will not comply with the MPs' request, citing potential legal breaches of data protection and employment rights.

Mr Gove said the legal advice received by Boris Johnson before requesting the prorogation of Parliament was in the public domain after being disclosed as part of the ongoing court cases but there was no justification for the "far broader" information being sought.

"To name individuals without any regard for their rights or the consequences of doing so goes far beyond any reasonable right of Parliament under this procedure.

"These individuals have no right of reply, and the procedure used fails to afford them any of the protections that would properly be in place.

"It offends against basic principles of fairness and the Civil Service duty of care towards its employees," he said.

He said it was ministers, not civil servants or special advisers, who were ultimately accountable to Parliament for decisions taken.

The request, therefore was "inappropriate in principle and in practice, would on its own terms purport to require the government to contravene the law, and is singularly unfair to the named individuals".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49670123

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Another bad day for BJ... on 20:54 - Sep 11 with 483 viewsROTTWEILERS

Operation Yellowhammer published

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Another bad day for BJ... on 09:00 - Sep 12 with 472 viewsspudgun

It is now a daily procession of lying Tory politicians disingenuously defending the indefensible actions of this amoral and unprincipled government.

Today I heard Kwasi Kwarteng questioning the impartiality of the judiciary in a particularly mealy-mouthed way - using the nebulous `some people are saying` line that Trump employs regularly when he is spreading misinformation.

Likewise local MP Ben Wallace ( `I voted remain but I now I support no deal because I will do anything to get to the top`) jabbering on that black is really white if you squint, and that Johnson is saddling up his unicorn as we speak.

Which t**t farm breeds these cretins?

Hey ho, I think it`s forecast to be sunny later....

Another bad day for BJ... on 10:05 - Sep 12 with 468 viewsROTTWEILERS

Gary Lineker sticking the boot in now 😏

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Another bad day for BJ... on 11:04 - Sep 12 with 464 viewsspudgun

There is definitely a big conversation to be had on the ethics of accepting such funding and allowing the betting on shorting of the pound by said donors.

I also suspect it may be going on on a large scale in the USA. Trump`s erratic tweets and contrary proclamations that cause sudden unexpected fluctuations in the money markets will mean that somebody will be benefitting from them (with the help of insider information I suspect). I`m sure a Trump trust fund will be coining it in.

I cannot believe that now he has the power to control financial markets he will not use it for his own financial gain. Printing money, innit?

Another bad day for BJ... on 18:09 - Sep 12 with 451 viewsspell_chekker

It's terrible and unfortunately in political terms, it's a sign of the times.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Another bad day for BJ... on 22:08 - Sep 13 with 443 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

David Cameron: Johnson and Gove behaved 'appallingly'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49690618

Another bad day for BJ... on 10:25 - Sep 14 with 429 viewsspudgun

Cameron is right up there for me on the top table in the ` Brexit Hall of Shame`, sat bashfully alongside the treacherous Johnson and Gove.

Farage has excused himself and is rifling their coats in the cloakroom...

Another bad day for BJ... on 22:58 - Sep 15 with 424 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Call me Dave sticking the boot in (and flogging his book)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49705213

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024