Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In Other Election News..... 11:37 - Nov 27 with 113 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Preston should be ‘wiped off the map’ according to a tweet made from the account of a Blackpool man who is standing as an independent candidate in the Wyre and Preston North constituency.

The Twitter account of David Ragozzino, who is from Blackpool and is a Blackpool FC supporter, has been used to publish the tweets only two weeks ago despite him campaigning to be elected as an MP in part of the city.

The city, which has a long-standing sporting rivalry with Blackpool, was also described as a ‘s*******’.

In another tweet, a threat was made to hit a Labour election candidate if he went canvassing in his street.

Replying to a Soccer AM tweet about Preston North End player Paul Gallagher, Mr Ragozzino’s account tweeted: “I make it that he’s a typical N** Ender, always turning his back and running the wrong way. What a pratt! The only good thing to come out of that s******* is the M55 to The Gold Coast. If any party says they’ll shut that place down, and wipe it from the map, they will get my vote.”

The tweet, posted on November 12, is still visible on the social media site.

His fellow election candidates have spoken out about the tweets .

Labour’s candidate Joanne Ainscough said: “It’s pretty appalling when it’s such a wide and diverse constituency.

“Fulwood is an important part of this constituency so I don’t understand how you can stand as an MP for that area and be so rude and nasty.

“It’s not acceptable.”

Conservative Ben Wallace, who is hoping to be elected in the constituency for the fourth time in a row, said: “We are at our best in Lancashire when we all work together. No one wants any division.”

Liberal Democrats hopeful John Potter said: “Every election shows up people that say daft things. Putting stuff like that on Twitter shows he isn’t someone who should be an MP.

In another tweet from Mr Raggozino’s account in response to Jeremy Corbyn’s visit to Blackpool on November 12, he threatened Labour’s candidate for Blackpool South, Gordon Marsden replying to photos of him with the Labour leader and fellow resort election hopeful Chris Webb.

The tweet said: “67.5 per cent of Blackpool voted to leave the EU, one of the biggest majorities in the country. Take your IRA loving fun bus and p*** off out of our town .... Oh, and take that snivelling s*** Gordon Marsden with you. I’ll t*** him if he comes down my street.”

Lancashire Police was yesterday made aware of the tweet and is yet to respond to the threat made from Mr Ragozzino’s account.

Mr Marsden, who has been the MP for the constituency since 1997, did not want to comment on the story yesterday.

Mr Ragozzino, who works as a hygiene manager at a Fylde-based food factory according to his Linkedin profile, was successfully sued by the former owners of Blackpool Football Club in 2015 after he defamed them on Blackpool FC fan site A View From The Tower.

Owen and Karl Oyston each won £20,000 over posts on a message board which included “lurid allegations of a sexual nature” and allegations of “fraudulent and corrupt behaviour”, the High Court hearing was told.

Mr Ragozzino has been approached for comment but has yet to reply to The Gazette.
Green candidate Ruth Norbury was also approached for comment in response to the tweets.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/politics/wipe-preston-off-the-map-tweets

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

In Other Election News..... on 12:39 - Nov 27 with 108 viewsspudgun

To anyone who has had the pleasure of reading his posts this is a `dog bites man` story; to anyone else, it is an extraordinarily inflammatory and thuggish tweet by someone who has a near pathological need to be obnoxious and controversial, and who perpetually teeters on the brink of self-induced harm...

In Other Election News..... on 12:53 - Nov 27 with 101 viewsROTTWEILERS

I didn't think you could stand for election if you were bankrupt.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

In Other Election News..... on 16:08 - Nov 27 with 94 viewsLala

The man is a deluded fool. What an ego.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

In Other Election News..... on 16:24 - Nov 27 with 92 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Rotts.

I think if you are still under the Bankruptcy order you're barred. If you've cleared the order then you're fine.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

In Other Election News..... on 17:07 - Nov 27 with 84 viewsspell_chekker

Deary me.

Is this true or a wind up?

I hope the club doesn't get dragged in to this, what with this guy being a "representative" of a "fans' group" that the club has dialogue with.

BFC should wash its hands of any association before harm is done.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

In Other Election News..... on 18:24 - Nov 27 with 77 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I really hope he issues some sort of apology, otherwise I can see the Police taking this further, especially after these two incidents that happened over the weekend....

Labour has condemned separate unprovoked attacks inflicted on two party activists in their 70s as they were out canvassing over the weekend.

The first incident occurred in Herefordshire on Saturday morning, while the second took place early the following evening in South Yorkshire. Police said a man had been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm in relation to the second.

“These unprovoked attacks were completely unacceptable. Our thoughts are with those affected and we wish them a speedy recovery,” said a Labour party spokesman. “We take the wellbeing and safety of our elected representatives, campaigners and activists extremely seriously and we have issued advice on safe campaigning and security.”

James Ashton, of the West Mercia police force, said in response to a request for comment on the first incident: “We received reports that a woman canvassing for the general election on the high street in Bromyard had been assaulted at about 11.30am on 23 November.

“Officers attended and spoke to the victim, who said that she didn’t wish for charges to be brought. We continue to engage with both parties to ensure an appropriate outcome for the victim.”

South Yorkshire police confirmed they had been called out to reports of a 70-year-old man being assaulted in Rotherham shortly after 4pm on Sunday.

Officers said he was taken to hospital with a suspected broken jaw, adding that a 51-year-old man was in custody after being arrested.

Sophie Wilson, the Labour candidate in Rother Valley, said the victim of the second incident wished only to be identified by his forename: Bob. She visited him in hospital and later said he had been the object of a “truly vicious attack”.

The Labour candidate added that the incident had been upsetting for people involved with her campaign, describing the victim as a “kind and gentle man” who uses a walking stick to get around.

It followed the attack in the North Herefordshire constituency, where the local party said one of its activists suffered “marked bruising” after being pushed against a parked car by a woman who had insulted her.

Liz Lever, a local party official, said the woman was “very shaken up” by the attack. “The perpetrator had already verbally abused a group of seven Labour supporters, including a teenager, calling them Marxists and defacing a banner … before crossing the street and laying into the female Labour supporter,” she said.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/25/labour-condemns-attacks-on-two-c

In Other Election News..... on 18:39 - Nov 27 with 72 viewsjanegallagher

Just seen this. Bloody hell

Now the Oyston’s have gone his life must seem very boring. A rebel looking for a cause.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024