Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When did Bongs become so expensive? 13:22 - Jan 14 with 106 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51107646

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

When did Bongs become so expensive? on 13:55 - Jan 14 with 98 viewsspudgun

Haha!

Heard Francois banging on about it recently; perhaps he would like to arrange a whip round from his rag taggle bunch of pedants to pay for it.

Kind of of a perverse show of faux triumphalism isn`t it?

A bit like having a hugely expensive firework show when your country is on fire...

When did Bongs become so expensive? on 15:29 - Jan 14 with 95 viewsspell_chekker

Doc Martins are really expensive too!!!!!

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

When did Bongs become so expensive? on 16:18 - Jan 14 with 93 viewsspudgun

The genius that is Alexei Sayle getting to the heart of the matter once again (as he did in the seminal "Hello John, got a new motor?").

Have three pairs myself, and mrs spud has one pair.

The ultimate footwear which defines ones character (as Mr Sayle quite rightly enunciates in his catchy song).

Docs or a good pair of brogues say so much about you...

When did Bongs become so expensive? on 17:13 - Jan 14 with 91 viewsspell_chekker

I remember that song.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

When did Bongs become so expensive? on 17:46 - Jan 14 with 88 viewsspudgun

Timeless classic, eh spell?

He has a surreal radio show on radio 4, or 4 extra, called `Alexei Sayle`s Imaginary Sandwich Bar` which I find quite amusing; he seems to have rediscovered his mojo after years in the comic wilderness.

He is something of an acquired taste though....

When did Bongs become so expensive? on 18:22 - Jan 14 with 83 viewsspell_chekker

Until recently, British comedy was well renowned all over the world.

Although I'm out of touch with current performers, it seems like there are only a load of middle of the roaders.

Love him or hate him, performers like Sayle didn't pass unnoticed.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2020 18:27]

When did Bongs become so expensive? on 18:28 - Jan 14 with 78 viewsspell_chekker

It got me thinking about the state of British comedy and British rock music as well, for that matter.

When did Bongs become so expensive? on 18:30 - Jan 14 with 76 viewsspudgun

Yep, there is a lot of corporate comedians; I tend to find the off-beat stuff on the radio nowadays.

Been re-watching `After Life` on Netflix by Ricky Gervais recently - the best thing I`ve seen on television in the last few years.

It will make you laugh and cry in equal measure ...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024