Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connor Ronan 15:07 - Jan 17 with 143 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Blackpool clinch loan signing of 'exciting' Wolves and ex-Portsmouth midfielder Connor Ronan

The 21-year-old has made 13 first-team appearances for the Premier League side and recently spent time in Slovakia playing for top-tier outfit DAC Dunajska Streda.

The Republic of Ireland Under-21 international has also previously spent loan spells with Portsmouth and Walsall.

“Connor’s an exciting player and the type of player that we’ve been missing this season," manager Simon Grayson said.

"A lot of people speak highly about him and he’s had some good experience out in Slovakia, as well as internationally for Ireland at Under-21 level.

"We’re looking for him to get on the ball, pick a pass and add something different to the squad.”

The Seasiders are still waiting to discover if the midfielder will be available for tomorrow's trip to Lincoln City.

Meanwhile they remain busy in the transfer market and continue to work to tie up a deal for Preston North End goalkeeper Chris Maxwell.

Ronan's arrival will spark speculation that fellow midfielder Jordan Thompson is set to depart, with Stoke City his likely destination.

On his move, Ronan said: “I like to get on the ball and try and make things happen.

"I’ll take risks in the opposite half, try and get a few assists and chip in with a few goals.

"All in all, I just want to help the team wherever I can and try and help the team get back to where it belongs.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-clinch-

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Connor Ronan on 15:21 - Jan 17 with 140 viewsspudgun

"We`re looking for him to get on the ball, pick a pass, and add something different to the squad."

Crikey! Nobody else currently able to do this in a League 1 football team?

Connor Ronan on 15:29 - Jan 17 with 139 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

No, not really Spud.

However in their defence, sometimes it hard to hit a forward pass when all 10 outfield players are within 30 yards of your own goal.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Connor Ronan on 16:05 - Jan 17 with 122 viewsspudgun

If I was a current BFC midfield/forward player I think I would be slightly miffed that the manager sees the new fella as the only one who can bring said qualities to the team - especially half way through a season.

I often watch high level semi-professional football and many of the players have those qualities in abundance.

Perhaps it may be because they are allowed to express themselves more freely instead of being forced to adhere to the manager`s instructions and serve up dull, mechanical, football by rote due to of a fear of losing...

Connor Ronan on 17:00 - Jan 17 with 119 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Connor Ronan on 17:07 - Jan 17 with 115 viewsspell_chekker

I wonder if he played against us in the Leasing Trophy.

This is one of the signings where our new scouting set up will earn its bacon.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Connor Ronan on 17:46 - Jan 17 with 111 viewsROTTWEILERS

Shit or bust for Larry with all of these comings and goings

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Connor Ronan on 19:05 - Jan 17 with 105 viewsspell_chekker

I'm looking forward to and end-of-transfer-window review.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Connor Ronan (n/t) on 19:38 - Jan 17 with 102 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 19:39]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024