Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Macclesfield Town: League Two club given seven-point deduction 11:32 - May 7 with 208 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Macclesfield have been given a seven-point deduction for failure to fulfil December's match against Plymouth and for non-payment of player wages.

It is their second deduction this season, having originally been docked 10 points with four suspended in December for non-payment of wages and not playing their fixture with Crewe.

That was later reduced to seven points with three suspended after an appeal.

But those three points have now been applied to the latest punishment.

The deduction means Macclesfield slip a place to 23rd in League Two and three points above bottom side Stevenage.

Tuesday's Independent Disciplinary Commission hearing also gave them another two-point deduction, but this is suspended on the condition they do not breach any further regulations this season.

The financially-troubled club have been blighted by off-the-field issues for much of the 2019-20 season and the latest non-payment of wages applies to February.

That was the fourth time this season that they have paid players' salaries late.

Earlier in the season, Macclesfield were forced to field a mixture of youth team players and loanees in their FA Cup first-round tie with seventh-tier Kingstonian after the first team refused to play having not been paid on time. They went on to lose 4-0 at home.

The players then refused to turn out against Crewe on 7 December citing concerns over their emotional wellbeing, before failing to fulfil the fixture with Plymouth later that month.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52574839

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Macclesfield Town: League Two club given seven-point deduction on 16:33 - May 12 with 173 viewsImperial

I doubt Macclesfield will complete another season in the football league and I believe they will not be the only club to disappear next season.

Very few clubs today outside the top two have any sales value unless to a genuine supporter who is prepared to say goodbye to any money invested.

Blackpool have been fortunate that our chairman appears to be first and foremost a supporter.

Macclesfield Town: League Two club given seven-point deduction on 17:47 - May 12 with 162 viewsspell_chekker

I agree. Unless we get relegated to the Lancashire combination, I'd say we've seen the last of Macclesfield.

It was never a football town anyway.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024