Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Lancashire FA Challenge Trophy Thread 19:14 - Oct 25 with 478 viewsspell_chekker

Interesting.

I'm sure there'll be a rich history behind this competition.

As an old and forgetful git, this'll be a reminder for me to look into it tomorrow.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

The Lancashire FA Challenge Trophy Thread on 19:33 - Oct 25 with 473 viewsspudgun

The Lancashire FA Challenge Trophy Thread on 07:43 - Oct 26 with 458 viewsspell_chekker

Here's a bit of copying and pasting:-

The competition is open to senior non-league clubs within the historical boundaries of Lancashire. A total of 28 clubs currently enter the competition from six different leagues.

The first Lancashire FA Challenge Trophy took place in the 1885—86 season, The only time the trophy was not competed was 1915—18 during World War I and the 1940—41 season during World War II, although it did continue for the rest of the war years.

Blackpool have won the trophy twice. Once in the 1887-88 season and once in the 1890-91 season.

A team called "Blackpool Services" won it 3 times in a row during the second world war.

Fleetwood and AFC Fylde have also won it as have Lytham.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancashire_FA_Challenge_Trophy

https://www.lancashirefa.com/cups-and-competitions/cups/2019-20/challenge-trophy

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

The Lancashire FA Challenge Trophy Thread on 14:58 - Oct 27 with 452 viewsspell_chekker

Rain, rain, go away.

The Lancashire FA Challenge Trophy Thread on 15:16 - Oct 27 with 451 viewsspell_chekker

UPDATE REGARDING TONIGHTS MATCH.

https://img-res.pitchero.com/?url=images.pitchero.com%2Fui%2F1%2F1418128459_9619

Tonights match against Prestwich Heys has been postponed.

Following a pitch inspection this morning (27 October), Lancashire FA regrets to announce that this evening’s Challenge Trophy Final between Lancaster City and Prestwich Heys has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

From the Lancashire FA-

"The county has experienced heavy rain over the weekend and torrential rain on Monday, so this decision has been taken with the interest of player safety at the forefront of our minds. Our grounds staff and external contractors have been working hard to make the pitch playable, however with further rainfall expected this afternoon, unfortunately that hasn’t been possible. "

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and will communicate a new date for the final once confirmed.

The Lancashire FA Challenge Trophy Thread on 15:26 - Oct 27 with 447 viewsspell_chekker

Are Kendal at home to Mossley in the league?

The Lancashire FA Challenge Trophy Thread on 16:52 - Oct 27 with 443 viewsspudgun

Yep, it was in doubt (due to Covid apparently) but is now going ahead tonight...

The Lancashire FA Challenge Trophy Thread on 22:14 - Oct 27 with 435 viewsspell_chekker

A second half fightback from 2-0 down.

The Lancashire FA Challenge Trophy Thread on 07:21 - Oct 28 with 431 viewsspudgun

Yep, Grayson weaves his magic...

The Lancashire FA Challenge Trophy Thread on 07:42 - Oct 28 with 425 viewsspell_chekker

He he.

3 at the back no doubt, just like Wimbledon.

The Lancashire FA Challenge Trophy Thread on 08:28 - Oct 28 with 424 viewsspudgun

Will get the full SP later this morning from spudling - he went to watch last night to support the team (and more importantly pick up his wages!).

I saw on twitter they had a player sent off in each half so 2-2 was a decent result.

Also noticed Seydou Bamba was on the bench - he would be the first name on the team sheet for me. Also Emil Jaaskelailen (another regular) was on the bench.

Grayson wields the axe or perhaps they were carrying injuries?

This, and other important questions will be answered later...

The Lancashire FA Challenge Trophy Thread on 12:15 - Oct 28 with 422 viewsspell_chekker

I don't know Bamba but Jaaskelailen was in the Blackpool youth system. I'm sure he got offered a pro contract and and Grayson loaned him out. It's possible that his contract was terminated before it'd run it's course.

The Lancashire FA Challenge Trophy Thread on 12:16 - Oct 28 with 421 viewsspell_chekker

Just to say that I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of history between the two.

The Lancashire FA Challenge Trophy Thread on 13:49 - Oct 28 with 418 viewsspudgun

In fact Chris Humphries picked the team, and Emil had been missing on Saturday - been in self-isolation apparently - so that is the reason. So unfortunately no Grayson conspiracy story!

Young spud said Simon Grayson was a really nice fella, and amongst the half-time cliches gave good advice that actually led directly to two goals. So well done Simon!

I do believe I remember Grayson saying that BFC may be his last managerial job; he obviously couldn`t turn down the Mighty Mintcakes though!!

By the way, Lancashire FA Trophy rescheduled for March I heard...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024