Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monzo account 19:36 - Aug 27 with 154 viewsLala

Just opened one of these online, very straightforward and free and you get a fiver when you open.

You can use as a current account but the interest is low. I’m going to use it abroad as you can transfer cash into this account free and there are no charges for using it abroad to pay for items on card or withdraw cash 👍 you can also Apple Pay with it.

I’m slowly morphing into Martin Lewis 😆

https://monzo.com/download/

Am b*ggering off to Spain again next week with my granddaughter so will check it out then, though I have friends already using it and very happy.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Monzo account on 19:41 - Aug 27 with 149 viewsROTTWEILERS

Useful for buying cheap YouTube Premium

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/207-youtube-premium-family-membership-150-youtu

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Monzo account on 19:48 - Aug 27 with 145 viewsjanegallagher

Are you part of Martin Lewis’s gas and electric group ? I’m not but I believe it’s worth joining. Never get ripped off again.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Monzo account on 19:49 - Aug 27 with 144 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Always shop around for deals on C/As. Deals have gone a bit crappy over the last couple of months. Got the First Direct one when it was £125 to switch.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts/

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Monzo account on 19:53 - Aug 27 with 141 viewsLala

I’ve just switched to Bulb Jane and got a 50 quid signing on credit and a better deal than I’m on now. And it’s meant to be greener energy 🤔

Excellent Rotty thanks 👍

Definitely worth shopping around Red. Didn’t have the patience or inclination for a few years so catching up with it all now.

Monzo account on 19:54 - Aug 27 with 140 viewsspudgun

Martin Lewis is one of the very few people I would trust implicitly; James O`Brien is another...

Monzo account on 19:59 - Aug 27 with 136 viewsROTTWEILERS

Red👍

I must've had about 10 bank accounts in the last year. Get the bonus, then move. Simples.

Same with gas/electric. Choose a tariff that has no leaving penalties and switch after the cashback is in. Bulb, Igloo, Pure Planet - all available on uSwitch/Quidco/Martin Lewis' site with money back.

All aboard the free cash train. Choo Choo

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Monzo account on 20:03 - Aug 27 with 130 viewsLala

Choo choo!

Which reminds me picked up my tickets for my 4 20p round trip train journeys yesterday 🙅‍♀️

Monzo account on 20:04 - Aug 27 with 130 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Goldman Sachs, do a C/A called Marcus, might not be for everyone, but does pay 1.5% interest (was 2% last last year). Also switching to a new bank sometimes includes the offer of a higher rate on a savings account for a years as well. (After a year, sack it off and move on).

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Monzo account on 20:08 - Aug 27 with 125 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Couldn't agree more Rotts, got 5 of my own that are active which I've switched around every April/May for the last few years.

Monzo account on 20:09 - Aug 27 with 123 viewsspell_chekker

I can't be bothered with all the hassle and time involved in doing all that.

Take a chill pill or risk flirting with stomach ulcers and high blood pressure.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Monzo account on 20:12 - Aug 27 with 119 viewsLala

Hahaha it took me 5 mins Spell. Trust me, any stress involved and I’m out!

Monzo account on 20:14 - Aug 27 with 116 viewsspudgun

Know what you mean, spell.

Luckily for me mrs spud is a squirrel at such things...

Monzo account on 20:16 - Aug 27 with 113 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

***Sixth form schoolboy snigger***

Monzo account on 20:17 - Aug 27 with 110 viewsLala

I couldn’t face any of it for years due to stress and no patience. Now it’s turning into a bit of a hobby. Feels nice to be controlling my own life again so its conversely alleviating stress for me.

Monzo account on 20:45 - Aug 27 with 104 viewsjanegallagher

I opened a Marcus Bank account red also a Sainsbury’s account. Better interest than my isas.

We’re a canny lot aren’t we 😃

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Monzo account on 20:48 - Aug 27 with 98 viewsjanegallagher

Also I’ve got a first direct 12 month savings account 5% interest.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Monzo account on 20:50 - Aug 27 with 94 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Yeah, same here with First Direct, also with Nationwide.

Monzo account on 20:53 - Aug 27 with 90 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Actually the headline figure on those savings accounts is a bit of a porky. 5% is actually 2.5% over a full year.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024