Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary Bowyer sacked by League Two side Bradford City 06:37 - Feb 4 with 104 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bradford City have parted company with former Blackpool boss Gary Bowyer.

It follows a run of seven League Two games without a win, which has seen the Bantams fall out of the play-off places.

The 48-year-old arrived at Valley Parade in March 2019 following the resignation of David Hopkin, but was unable to stop their slide into the fourth tier.

He leaves Bradford in eighth place in the table, one point off the top seven.

Bradford's interim chief executive Julian Rhodes, said: "I would like to thank Gary for his efforts over the past year.

"He came to the club at a difficult time and inherited a team heading for relegation, which we were unable to avoid.

"Gary built a squad over the summer that has proven it is capable of competing at the right end of Sky Bet League Two.

"However, over the course of the last few months, results have undoubtedly declined.

"In view of recent events, we felt a change was necessary in order to compete for a play-off place.

"We would like to take this opportunity to wish Gary the very best for the future."

Bowyer left Bloomfield Road following the opening game of the 2018/19 season, citing frustrations with the club's previous owners.

The 48-year-old took the reins in 2016, guiding the club back to League One at the first attempt via the play-offs before achieving a 12th placed finish in the third tier.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/former-blackpool-

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Gary Bowyer sacked by League Two side Bradford City on 07:41 - Feb 4 with 96 viewsspell_chekker

What's the situation over at Bradford.

That changed ownership a couple of years ago and got a German outfit who, apparently, put in a £10m bid for us.

It's a long time since their financial trouble post prem and they should have recovered by now.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Gary Bowyer sacked by League Two side Bradford City on 08:00 - Feb 4 with 88 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

They sold Doyle to Swindon in the transfer window, after he scored a ton of goals on loan there. Also sent out on loan their leading goalscorer James Vaughan to Tranmere.

All very bizarre.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Gary Bowyer sacked by League Two side Bradford City on 12:37 - Feb 4 with 75 viewsImperial

Gary had a poor run with Blackpool before the season run in which led to our promotion.

Trigger happy me thinks !

Gary Bowyer sacked by League Two side Bradford City on 14:25 - Feb 4 with 71 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I'm really not sure what is going on there. It's not a happy ship and I am beginning to think we dodged a bullet.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Gary Bowyer sacked by League Two side Bradford City on 15:49 - Feb 4 with 63 viewsImperial

There is something to be said for a steady ship.

I am still getting used to thinking of BFC in those terms.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024