Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Haythornthwaite 13:37 - Jun 29 with 279 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Blackpool FC are refusing to get involved in a public spat with AFC Fylde owner David Haythornthwaite over claims he made in his latest video for the club's website.

When discussing the financial uncertainty surrounding clubs in the lower leagues, the Fylde chairman alleged that Blackpool's players have been asked to take a significant pay cut.

"I've had it confirmed that Blackpool had asked their players to take a 60 per cent pay cut against future contracts and a lot of them would be leaving," he said.

In response, the Seasiders looked to play down those claims - suggesting people should instead judge the clubs by its action over the last few months.

"We're not going to even dignify that comment with a response," a spokesperson for the club told The Gazette.

"All we will say is that, as a club, we prefer people to judge us by our actions this summer.

"We have not furloughed our recruitment team and Simon Sadler hopes to kick on next season and win promotion.

"We are shortly going to announce our first signing of the summer, which makes us one of the first clubs at our level - if not the first - to announce the signing of an out-of-contract player."

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-fc-refu

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

David Haythornthwaite on 13:47 - Jun 29 with 272 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

It sounds a lot like DH trying to establish some kind of spurious precedent for when he starts taking a machete to his own club's infrastructure. That is one lingering death I won't mind watching.

On a related note, are the EFL and National League going to take comprehensive decisions on promotion and relegation issues? Ever?

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

David Haythornthwaite on 14:00 - Jun 29 with 271 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

DFD and his little band of groupies can go and do one. Really not a fan.

Think the National League are waiting on the EFL to tell them how many clubs will be relegated before they start their play offs

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

David Haythornthwaite on 17:14 - Jun 29 with 246 viewsspudgun

As I said on another thread, it is entirely possible, and Spearing might be an early casualty of such an action; and BFC`s statement was a non denial.

Bad form of DH to propagate such speculation about another club, and is probably preparing the ground for his own slash and burn policy, as mentioned...

David Haythornthwaite on 17:37 - Jun 29 with 241 viewsROTTWEILERS

Fylde Coast Football

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

David Haythornthwaite on 18:09 - Jun 29 with 233 viewsspell_chekker

Is it true about the 60%?

Surely, an existing, ongoing, contract can't be devalued by 60% but a new offer can be 60% lower than an expired contract.

In any case, If Spearing was on £3k - £4k per week I'd say that was silly money for L1 Blackpool.

As for Haythornthwaite, why is a Fylde supporter commenting on Blackpool?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

David Haythornthwaite on 18:22 - Jun 29 with 225 viewsspudgun

It may be silly money spell, but some players are on £1k a week in the Northern Prem!

Haythornthwaite was allegedly paying one of his players over £2.5k per week!!

David Haythornthwaite on 19:31 - Jun 29 with 212 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Contracts have to be honoured (including those who had extensions triggered).

1 new player signed, also Maxwell signed a new deal. Doubt either of those two are picking up only 60% of their wages from last season.

Nugnugs turned down a new improved deal.

That leaves just Spearing and Turton who were offered new deals (iirc).

All sounds a bit "my mate down the virtual pub told me...."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024