Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tour de France 12:22 - Aug 29 with 529 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Starts today.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/53843853

What's the felling in France about this Spell?

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Tour de France on 17:18 - Aug 29 with 522 viewsspell_chekker

I watch the race closely every year.

Felling?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Tour de France on 17:21 - Aug 29 with 520 viewsspell_chekker

The feeling!!!!

Unusual. Threre's very little 'feeling' this year.

The won't be any spectators, at least for the first few days.

It's been somewhat overshadowed by covid, the change from it's traditional July date, and other events.

There was hardly any reaction when it was announced that Froome wasn't going to compete.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Tour de France on 18:12 - Aug 29 with 516 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Tour de France on 20:54 - Aug 29 with 508 viewsspudgun

Bradley Wiggins is just about a Transwyrearian - he lives over Dolpinholme way - goes in the Fleece Inn apparently. His kids went to same school as young spud; I occasionally saw him there. I remember thinking he was very tall - probably still is...

Tour de France on 21:00 - Aug 29 with 507 viewsspell_chekker

It took me a while to figure out what a Transwyrearian was but I got there in the end.

Dolphinholme is a place name that draffed something out of my memory banks.

Wiggins - born in Belgium and brought up near London, no? Nowhere near the trough.

Tour de France on 21:19 - Aug 29 with 506 viewsspudgun

Don`t really know much about him, to be honest spell.

Somebody who goes in my favourite pub lives near him and knows him a bit.

I occasionally saw him outside school, or at Ribby Hall in the coffee shop.

All modded up...

Tour de France on 00:40 - Aug 30 with 500 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

After the 2002 Commonwealth Games in Manchester, British Cycling moved to the Velodrome there. It's why you see so many top British Cyclists in the North West as they live in and around Manchester.

After the 2012 Olympics in London British Cycling (with pressure from the Government) wanted to move to the new Velodrome in London. Most of the Elite riders refused, big row broke out, but the riders got their way in the end.

Tour de France on 09:19 - Aug 30 with 495 viewsspell_chekker

Kristoff won yesterday's sprint finish to take the yellow jesey ..... for one day only.

Today's route includes 2 category 1 climbs and so, the sprinters will be left trailing.

The General Classification will soprt itself out next weekend.

Bernal to win by a golden mile - only his own bad back can beat him.

Yates for a couple of stage wins is the best us Brits can hope for this year.

Sunday's route:-

Tour de France on 17:01 - Sep 1 with 477 viewsspell_chekker

Interesting that Roglic won today's stage.

Without being a member of the elite, he's a very, very good rider and won the Giro a couple of years ago.

Since lockdown was lifted in April, he's been the big form rider and has some decent wins under his belt.

To stick my neck out, I'll say he's not going to challenge. While pre race form is important, the serious guys generally have a policy of coming into the race under cooked. Roglic is at his peak now and will fade in week 3.

Tour de France on 14:01 - Sep 2 with 472 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Does the race go anywhere close to where you live, Spell?

Tour de France on 14:36 - Sep 2 with 464 viewsspell_chekker

No, not this year.

It went about 100 ya
ards away from my front door once.

I went to see a time trial over in Bergerac about 4 years ago.

I'm starting to hear whispers, French hopes for Thibaud Pinot. I'm not so sure, especially after his bad fall on the first day. That must have knocked the stuffing out of him.

We don't see the fall here but you can see the state of Pinot in the aftermath, badly shaken up. It'll take a bit to bounce back from that.

Pinot No.51 Groupama / FDJ top. Fast forward to 55 seconds:

Tour de France on 23:15 - Sep 2 with 458 viewsspell_chekker

Having taken the yellow jersey from Alaphillipe on a technicality, Yates has declared his intention of winning today's stage.

Culminating with a brutal 36km climb.

Damn it, I can't but it'll be worth tuning in for that.

[Post edited 3 Sep 2020 6:11]

Tour de France on 12:56 - Sep 5 with 427 viewsspell_chekker

The Pyrénées today.

No one will win the race here but it's possible to have a catastophe and lose it.

Yates to keep the yellow.

Bernal won't make a move. He'll just sit there in the leading bunch.

In fact, Bernal might just sit there for the entire 3 weeks without making a move, I don't think he has to. I'm not sure he's got a rival good enough to push him. He could even win the tour withoug winning a single stage.

Tour de France on 13:22 - Sep 5 with 425 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Watching the British Athletic Championships from Manchester on the BBC this weekend. Really great venue that British Athletics need to use more often.

Tour de France on 18:37 - Sep 6 with 407 viewsspell_chekker

Yates is an accomplished climber and I thought he'd make it through the Pyrenees unscathed.

I think the fact that the in form Roglic has made a move so early in the race shows he doesn't think he can ultimately win it.

He's going for the glory of a couple of stage wins plus a few days in yellow.

Bernal to sit there and win the whole thing without either making a move or winning a single stage.

If he really has to stretch his legs, he'll do it in the final week - in the Alps - somewhere like the Grand Colombeier (13th Sept) or the Col de la Loz (16th Sept).

Bernal'll probably back himself to beat anyone, by a decent margin, on a tough mountain stage and wait until the last big test - Col de la Loz. But only if he has to.

Tour de France on 21:33 - Sep 13 with 390 viewsspell_chekker

Today was a big day and it's obvious that Bernal is now out of contention what with his bad back.

There's obviously something wrong within the team to let this situation go so far.

Never before has the race been so open.

There's a big stage on Wednesday.

Followed by a time trial on Friday- that finishes on the tops (the place where ironically Froome made his name).

It's an open race now.

He's very far behind but we can still shout for Yates.

P.S. Haha for Sky / Ineos - How incompetent where they in backing the wrong guy.

Hang your head Bernal.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 21:43]

Tour de France on 21:50 - Sep 13 with 379 viewsspell_chekker

There are 2 decisive stages remaining.

1), Wednesday with a big mountain finish.

2) If things haven't already been sorted they bwill be on this time trial up a punishing hill.

Errrr

Perhaps

Can Yates come back?

Tour de France on 21:52 - Sep 13 with 379 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Does seem strange Ineos went just with Bernal.

Tour de France on 22:08 - Sep 13 with 377 viewsspell_chekker

Very, very strange

Tour de France on 22:50 - Sep 13 with 375 viewsspell_chekker

Very, very strange.

Team planning is everything with Brailsford.

If there was a winner in his ranks - then he wins, usually. No, not usually - ALWAYS.

Other than Bernal going pair shaped, where's the next UK winner coming from????

Froome is 36, Thomas 34, Yates is a super rider who'll never win the tour de France.

Where are the next load of contenders????

They must be all behind the next wave of Russian and South American riders.

Thanks INEOS (their boss is the richest Englishman in the world and he can do one - here is my finger $)*

He can't spend the money he's earning quickly enough, except that - off our backs - he won't put anything near the equivalent back in.

Your skiing, your football, your sailing teams, are happy in mediocrity. Now you've dragged your cycling team down to the same level - you tW'"T).

At least, claim your true nationality and pay the taxes that youhave -t like me and the rest of the world.,

Pay up and then do what you want but not in any mediocrity representing a UK team you shyster.

Goodnight.

Hic.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 22:51]

Tour de France on 07:59 - Sep 20 with 353 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Big turnaround yesterday.

Tour de France on 09:14 - Sep 20 with 346 viewsspell_chekker

And all that on the Planche des Belles Filles where Froome made his name.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024