Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non League 14:08 - Oct 23 with 802 viewsspell_chekker

Lancaster at home to Warrington Town who are runaway leaders at the top of the table.

Kendal away at Runcorn Linnets in the FA Trophy third qualifying round. (there's a fine name for a football team if ever I've heard one. Imagine - "Up The Linnets")
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 14:13]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Non League on 14:09 - Oct 23 with 626 viewsspell_chekker

Kendal Town v Runcorn Linnets Preview

Kendal Town entertain Runcorn Linnets at The St&B Accountants Stadium on Saturday as they look to build on a good run of form which has seen them defeat Brighouse Town in The FA Trophy as well as claim a well earned point at Ramsbottom United.

The Teams confidence and belief has been for all to see as they faced many different challenges in each of the games in which they have played.

In the win over Brighouse Town, Kendal had to do it with ten men in the closing stages while Morgan pulled off some good saves.

However Tuesday Night was a true test of character as the lads battled back from going behind on two occasions with Tom Fagan scoring in stoppage time.

The overall displays have received many plaudits while more supporters are coming back to cheer the team on.

Runcorn are undefeated, winning 2 and drawing 3 out of their first five games, while coming into Saturdays game they had defeated Tadcaster Albion 4-2 with Craig Lindfield scoring twice while Stuart Crilly and Iwan Murray rounded off a good performance.

Kendal played Runcorn twice last season losing 4-0 in the away game before narrowly losing 1-0 in the home encounter.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Non League on 14:13 - Oct 23 with 614 viewsspell_chekker

Warrington top - Isn't that where we got Ben Gerrity from.

Lancaster 14th.

https://www.thenpl.co.uk/match-info/tables?table_id=d-60892
[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 14:15]

Non League on 14:19 - Oct 23 with 603 viewsspudgun

Sorry to correct you spell, but its Runcorn Linnets at home in the League tomorrow - the FA trophy is next weekend. Great name like you say.

Quiz question:

One of the two players celebrating is the son of a well known footballer who played 474 times for a Premier League club in the north west and 56 times for his country.

Name the famous dad...

Non League on 14:26 - Oct 23 with 600 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Denis Irwin?

That's a guess from a friend, I've no idea, but would have thought an ex Bolton player, maybe?

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Non League on 14:39 - Oct 23 with 597 viewsspell_chekker

The mystery player could be any one of a number of former Liverpool, United, or other teams' players.

If you're talking about the blond young man, I'll have a stab at Steve Staunton.

Non League on 14:41 - Oct 23 with 596 viewsspudgun

You`re in the right area with the team, but not Denis (who`s son was at BWFC at the same time as we were coincidently).

His brother (also an ex team mate of young spud`s) became a professional with a L1 team a couple of years ago. Probably played against BFC...

Non League on 15:03 - Oct 23 with 591 viewsspell_chekker

The dark haired lad has an air of Ronnie Johnsen:-

Non League on 15:18 - Oct 23 with 587 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Henning Berg?

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Non League on 15:20 - Oct 23 with 586 viewsspudgun

Spell, He is an Argentinian striker, Hugo Rodriguez.

Firm favourite of the Kendal ultras: "Hugo, Hugo", etc.

A 6 ft 7 bodybuilder...

Anyway, not him the other one...

[Post edited 23 Oct 2020 15:20]

Non League on 15:21 - Oct 23 with 581 viewsspudgun

Not Henning Berg...

Non League on 15:39 - Oct 23 with 577 viewsspell_chekker

An Argentinian striker who played for Man Utd.

Tevez.

Non League on 09:38 - Oct 24 with 572 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

56 caps for your country is quite a lot, Struggling with this quiz now.

Non League on 09:40 - Oct 24 with 571 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Hartlepool United's trip to Ilkeston Town in the FA Cup fourth qualifying round will be shown live on the BBC.

The game will be shown on BBC iPlayer, Red Button and BBC Sport online on Saturday, 24 October at 15:00 BST.

Ilkeston play in Northern Premier League Division One South East, while Hartlepool are in the National League.

The BBC has shown FA Cup qualifiers since 2017, including Hashtag United's first-round qualifier with Soham Town Rangers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54601111
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 10:12]

Non League on 12:32 - Oct 24 with 562 viewsspudgun

You were in the right area with the team on your first guess (Bolton) - which I confirmed.

To me he is the spit of his dad.

Foreign and also played at West Ham...

Non League on 12:44 - Oct 24 with 560 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Got it, son played against us last weekend!

Non League on 12:50 - Oct 24 with 558 viewsspell_chekker

When in doubt, cheat!!

I didn't know he played for West Ham.

Non League on 12:50 - Oct 24 with 558 viewsspudgun

I did say that in one of my clues!!

Non League on 12:53 - Oct 24 with 556 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Emil was on contract was us last season

Non League on 13:25 - Oct 24 with 553 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Here you go Spud, forgot about this...

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/youngsters-sign-professional-deals/

Non League on 15:27 - Oct 24 with 548 viewsspudgun

Sorry, now you remind me, young spud had told me he was at BFC - I`d forgotten that.

Edit to add: and Owen Watkinson now playing for Longridge Town in the NW Counties...
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 15:59]

Non League on 16:19 - Oct 24 with 536 viewsspudgun

Sounds an entertaining game at the Parkside:

Kendal 2 Runcorn Linnets 2.

And Lancaster holding Warrington: still 0-0...

Non League on 19:47 - Oct 24 with 527 viewsspell_chekker

What's all this aboutn holding them.

We gave the top of the table a beating:-

Non League on 19:48 - Oct 24 with 526 viewsspell_chekker

[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 10:37]

Non League on 18:14 - Oct 25 with 513 viewsspudgun

Lancaster City play in the final of the Lancashire Trophy on Tuesday - held over from the end of last season (originally to be played at the DW stadium).

A chance of silverware for the Dollies...

Non League on 18:59 - Oct 25 with 511 viewsspell_chekker

I'm turned on by this Lancashire Trophy business.

Further research is necessary.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024