Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Notlob v QPR. 09:42 - Oct 21 with 27411 viewsMick_S

These sides have never shared a goalless draw in any of their previous 30 league meetings.

Tasty.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Notlob v QPR. on 19:37 - Oct 21 with 2292 viewsRangersDave

Notlob v QPR. on 19:23 - Oct 21 by PunteR

your avatar is very distracting , i get slightly aroused reading your posts..

You smooth talker you ;-)
[Post edited 21 Oct 2017 19:37]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Notlob v QPR. on 20:00 - Oct 21 with 2201 viewsjohncharles

When I said earlier that today's result was not good enough I meant that it's games like this we should win. If we are in trouble at the end of the season it's games like this we will look back on.
We dropped two places and there are three teams below us with a game in hand. If they win those we will be 2 points above the relegation zone with Wolves and Sheffield United looming.
I AM NOT SAYING SACK THE MANAGER. He's doing pretty well under the circumstances. Good team spirit and I'm confident we will come through in the end BUT, I'm worried by the complacency. " away point, that's not too bad" 2 big points missed.

Strong and stable my arse.

Notlob v QPR. on 20:06 - Oct 21 with 2182 viewsAntti_Heinola

Notlob v QPR. on 16:55 - Oct 21 by DeepcutHoop

We've also come from behind in an away game up north, to avoid defeat.

Slowly losing interest in QPR games, and it is more to do with the incessant whinging from other QPR fans, than this current team, who more than any time over the last several years, seem to care and not give-up at any point.

Seeing people on Twitter call this the worst QPR team ever, and hoping for Bolton to get a big win so our manager could be sacked is just depressing.

Whatever the season, we'll follow our team? Nonsense.

Don't get too down mate. We are the silent majority in this case (although I'm far from silent, I'm a loud arrogant git, but you get my point!).

My advice on this - ignore Twitter. I follow a few QPR mates, plus Clive and Dave Mc. That's all you need, and you're totally protected from the mindless crap. That's not to say all criticism is mindless crap of course. But there's a spectrum there.

Most people on here are pretty good i think. A few are more negative / critical than others. That's fine, that's their opinion. But I was thinking today, in the old days (and by that I mean about 15 years ago), for a manager to go, it would need sustained weekly chanting from the fans. I'm not sure there has ever been a groundswell of vocal chanting against a manager at LR for years and years. And that says a lot, I think.

Burton apart, this season I think the atmosphere at LR has been good and about 80% of fans at least are appreciative of the efforts on display. Yes, Ollie needs wins and only an idiot would say things are all rosey or there's no problems or things can't be improved or there's no pressure. But when, exactly, is that not the case?

Cardiff had a good win today, but they were perilously close to three games without a goal, and just lost at home to Birmingham - a result that would send some of our fanbase into apoplexy.

Personally, I tink if we can keep our heads above water this season, avoid a relegation scrap, finish between 10th and 16th, that's not half bad. Then we can get Caulker off the wage bill, get a striker and a centre back in, and I really believe this time next year we could start to see some real strides. I don't doubt there are better managers out there than Ollie. But when is that ever not the case for a club like ours?

We're actually really close to achieving a rare thing - board, management, players and fans all pulling the same way and supporting each other. When that happens, generally, good things happen, even if it might take time.

Bare bones.

Notlob v QPR. on 20:10 - Oct 21 with 2158 viewsShotKneesHoop

Notlob v QPR. on 20:06 - Oct 21 by Antti_Heinola

Don't get too down mate. We are the silent majority in this case (although I'm far from silent, I'm a loud arrogant git, but you get my point!).

My advice on this - ignore Twitter. I follow a few QPR mates, plus Clive and Dave Mc. That's all you need, and you're totally protected from the mindless crap. That's not to say all criticism is mindless crap of course. But there's a spectrum there.

Most people on here are pretty good i think. A few are more negative / critical than others. That's fine, that's their opinion. But I was thinking today, in the old days (and by that I mean about 15 years ago), for a manager to go, it would need sustained weekly chanting from the fans. I'm not sure there has ever been a groundswell of vocal chanting against a manager at LR for years and years. And that says a lot, I think.

Burton apart, this season I think the atmosphere at LR has been good and about 80% of fans at least are appreciative of the efforts on display. Yes, Ollie needs wins and only an idiot would say things are all rosey or there's no problems or things can't be improved or there's no pressure. But when, exactly, is that not the case?

Cardiff had a good win today, but they were perilously close to three games without a goal, and just lost at home to Birmingham - a result that would send some of our fanbase into apoplexy.

Personally, I tink if we can keep our heads above water this season, avoid a relegation scrap, finish between 10th and 16th, that's not half bad. Then we can get Caulker off the wage bill, get a striker and a centre back in, and I really believe this time next year we could start to see some real strides. I don't doubt there are better managers out there than Ollie. But when is that ever not the case for a club like ours?

We're actually really close to achieving a rare thing - board, management, players and fans all pulling the same way and supporting each other. When that happens, generally, good things happen, even if it might take time.

"We're actually really close to achieving a rare thing - board, management, players and fans all pulling the same way and supporting each other. When that happens, generally, good things happen, even if it might take time."

Last time this happened was 1967/68.

Is this our year again? 50 years on?

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Notlob v QPR. on 20:19 - Oct 21 with 2128 viewsnix

Notlob v QPR. on 20:06 - Oct 21 by Antti_Heinola

What Antti said.

I think I read somewhere that we tend to remember negative things people say more than positive ones, and that applies here. Also IME people with negative viewpoints on forums seem to be more persistent. They’ll argue their point till the cows come home and till more balanced people have lost the will to live.

Added to Antti's points we have been bloody unlucky with defensive injuries. You really want to have a settled defence even more than a settled attack and we’ve hardly been able to play the same defenders two matches running.

Yep there may be better managers than Ollie, but how many proven ones want to come to a struggling club with no money. Everyone at the club knows we need goal scorers but I’d rather wait and get someone decent than spend silly money on someone who’s no better than we already have.

The football in general is much better than last season from an entertainment perspective. We are creating lots of chances. And I’m not entirely sure what Ollie can do about strikers that can’t hit the target. Although I would have taken Sylla off the naughty step earlier than Ollie did.
Notlob v QPR. on 20:29 - Oct 21 with 2094 viewsDeepcutHoop

Notlob v QPR. on 20:00 - Oct 21 by johncharles

When I said earlier that today's result was not good enough I meant that it's games like this we should win. If we are in trouble at the end of the season it's games like this we will look back on.
We dropped two places and there are three teams below us with a game in hand. If they win those we will be 2 points above the relegation zone with Wolves and Sheffield United looming.
I AM NOT SAYING SACK THE MANAGER. He's doing pretty well under the circumstances. Good team spirit and I'm confident we will come through in the end BUT, I'm worried by the complacency. " away point, that's not too bad" 2 big points missed.

Whose complacency are you worried about?
Notlob v QPR. on 20:46 - Oct 21 with 2024 viewsjohncharles

Notlob v QPR. on 20:29 - Oct 21 by DeepcutHoop

Whose complacency are you worried about?

Just the general mood that's around. We should have beaten Millwall but we let them off the hook. Now with a game in hand they're poised to go above us. There's a real possibility we could be in the bottom three this time next week and that would bring out the "sack the manager" brigade.
"A good point away from home" is nonsense. We should have got all three against such a poor team as Bolton.

Strong and stable my arse.

Notlob v QPR. on 20:51 - Oct 21 with 2014 viewsDeepcutHoop

Notlob v QPR. on 20:46 - Oct 21 by johncharles

Just the general mood that's around. We should have beaten Millwall but we let them off the hook. Now with a game in hand they're poised to go above us. There's a real possibility we could be in the bottom three this time next week and that would bring out the "sack the manager" brigade.
"A good point away from home" is nonsense. We should have got all three against such a poor team as Bolton.

Expecting three points away from home at any point as a QPR fan is a recipe to be consistently panic-stricken.

In my experience at least.
Login to get fewer ads

Notlob v QPR. on 21:13 - Oct 21 with 1940 viewsShotKneesHoop

Notlob v QPR. on 20:51 - Oct 21 by DeepcutHoop

Expecting three points away from home at any point as a QPR fan is a recipe to be consistently panic-stricken.

In my experience at least.

Expecting three points away from home, or at home, or in the white horse, is not a given conclusion on any day of the week.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Notlob v QPR. on 21:22 - Oct 21 with 1908 views2Thomas2Bowles

Can say that for what... the past 6/7 seasons for 'arry they were all bonus games

I have no idea what so ever why anyone thinks we should be beating anyone away with injuries we are carrying and a forward line that can't hit a barn door with any more force that a fluffy pillow

One decent striker and we would be in the top six, but no! deluded fecking people just want to slag off the manager and say such shite that this is one of the worst teams ever.

C'unts.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Notlob v QPR. on 21:26 - Oct 21 with 1897 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Burton would need to get at least six points for that to happen. That's a bit ask for one game.
Notlob v QPR. on 21:43 - Oct 21 with 1853 viewsLythamR

We were disappointing in the first half today, much better in the 2nd.

This team bleeds for Olly and the Hoops. I cant see any new manager suddenly transforming them because they are giving everything.

The weather conditions were awful, another 15 minutes of that raid and the game would have had to be called off. We went a goal down and clawed our way back to a point. Thats better than we historically do at places like Bolton.

Yes you can argue that we should have started Wheeler or Washington instead of Mackie, Holloway certainly isnt perfect but there are patterns of play emerging that are progressive and repeated, signs of a group of players who are working to a plan and its a decent plan, an attractive plan. the execution often falls down, sometimes down to luck, sometimes down to opposition efforts sometimes because our players are not as good as we would like them to be. They are though having a bloody decent crack at it as a group and thats enough for me to be patient and give them and the management a proper chance at it.
Notlob v QPR. on 22:53 - Oct 21 with 1727 viewsPunteR

Just a game of football...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Notlob v QPR. on 23:55 - Oct 21 with 1642 viewsBoston

Notlob v QPR. on 19:23 - Oct 21 by PunteR

your avatar is very distracting , i get slightly aroused reading your posts..

Slightly?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Notlob v QPR. on 00:13 - Oct 22 with 1624 viewsPunteR

Notlob v QPR. on 23:55 - Oct 21 by Boston

Slightly?

Put it this way... i dont get a fully aroused..

Edited - Toned down reply due to Brightonhoop being offended as he down arrowed my post. Although he thinks its ok to call other posters w@nkers and c@nts on here..
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 10:41]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Notlob v QPR. on 00:32 - Oct 22 with 1587 viewsBrightonhoop

Notlob v QPR. on 18:01 - Oct 21 by Nov77

We couldn't win the last two very winnable games, we've made things harder for ourselves now for the next few weeks. Pressure is on.

Pressure worse surely had we lost? 1 point on.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 0:32]
Notlob v QPR. on 10:01 - Oct 22 with 1389 viewsdaveB

It wasn't our best performance yesterday, we were poor in the first half but improved as the game went on.

We conceded a soft goal when we were on top and in the second half in dreadful conditions the team fought hard to get a point. I was here for the same result 2 years ago and today was miles better than that

Only real criticism was leaving Mackie on for so long as he had a poor game and once we equalised we quickly stopped doing the things that got us back in the game and let the last ten minutes drift away
Notlob v QPR. on 10:09 - Oct 22 with 1378 viewsTacticalR

@RangersDave 'I enjoyed the pressure we put them under, but I hate with a vengeance the lack of anyone having the balls to just take a dig, but would rather pass sideways, back, side , forward, side......then lose possession.

For gods sake, anyone playing can kick a ball, try it sometime boys, here’s a clue, the ball goes between the vertical white sticks and below the horizontal one joining them.
Sometimes a shot can go in, go hit another player and open up other opportunities to score.....one things for certain, tippy tappying the ball back and forth does nothing, and often leads to their goalkeeper getting it or a defender clearing the ball for a break.'

I don't think the problem is players not being prepared to take a dig. If anything we've got quite a few who try to blast it.

As an example Luongo has had plenty of shots that have hit the target, but most of them have been too near the keeper.

What we are missing is a player with a bit of guile/intelligence/finesse in the box.

On top of that yesterday we saw a lot of overhit/underhit crosses (so not much for Sylla to get on the end of), plus Pavel carrying the ball into the box but not quite getting the final ball right.

Air hostess clique

Notlob v QPR. on 10:38 - Oct 22 with 1337 viewsShunter

Yeah 6 points of the play-offs which shows how important the next 2 home games are
Notlob v QPR. on 10:43 - Oct 22 with 1330 viewsEsox_Lucius

The same Millwall that dismantled Birmingham yesterday? We were outplayed by Millwall and did well to salvage a point in the end. There are a lot of teams in this league who could both beat us soundly and get beaten by us. Those who think that sacking the manager is the answer each time we get beat haven't a scooby about what QPR is trying to do and should be ignored. I thought we would be battling relegation for most of this season so I am unexpectedly upbeat about the season so far and will be happy if we finish higher than 20th. NOT low expectations, more pragmatism.

The grass is always greener.

Notlob v QPR. on 11:07 - Oct 22 with 1303 viewsMrSheen

Not much to add on what's been said - first half dire, second half much better - what struck me was the amount of indecision from our players. Whether this was lack of confidence, some people out of position, too many personnel changes, Bolton pressure, dire weather - I don't know.

This was my first game this season, even when they're on TV, I'm too unsettled to watch, so some of the players were new to me. Passing around the back is all very well, provided you can make the link eventually through to the front. That didn't happen at all for 40 minutes. Sylla is a good finisher, but his close control and mobility aren't good, and he takes too long to pass to a supporting player. Mackie just couldn't get started. I'm not a big fan of Luongo, and he didn't run well and kept losing the ball. Freeman did better, but rarely had good options. Of the full backs, Bidwell got forward more in the first half than Pawel, but isn't able to do as much with the ball. Pawel seemed uncomfortable in his role, understandably perhaps, and didn't feel he could get forward enough.

Washington made a huge difference when he came on, because at least we had someone who was prepared to move up and down the pitch and carry the ball forward. Suddenly we had prolonged possession, and Pawel felt he could join in. But Washington's lack of confidence became evident once he got near the box, as did Paw's to a degree. It was disappointing to see how few opportunities Smith had in the air, when he showed he could dominate. However, it's noticeable that the same people who were cursing Luongo and Freeman for not shooting on the edge of the box were all over Washington when he tried and missed.

Anyway, I've complained a lot, but one thing I couldn't fault at all was the spirit. There was no slackening of effort at all. Scowen was fantastically busy on a very heavy pitch, and there were great saving tackles from him, Paw and Bidwell in a crazy finish as we chased a winner. Bolton deserve a lot of credit for coming back so hard after getting pulled back. It wasn't the greatest game in the world by any means, but it was cracking entertainment in the second half. Get behind the team, who else are you going to support?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 11:08]
Notlob v QPR. on 11:18 - Oct 22 with 1286 viewsBushRanger82

Yet another 2 points dropped, this time against a side that isn't exactly God's gift to North-West football.

Got to find that winning habit, and pretty damn quick, too.

Wolverhampton Wanderers and Sheffield Utd next up at Loftus Rd. Doesn't get any easier, it's true. Does get a damned sight harder though, fact.

Pity we don't have the an FA Cup tie coming up we could lamely lie down in.
We could concentrate on the league then.
Notlob v QPR. on 12:13 - Oct 22 with 1209 viewsDixie_CT

What are people's expectations of QPR?

I get that football is a distraction from life - family, work, self, but if you want to feel good about it on the regular than only a sadist would support the R's.

Its clear that Washington isn't Harry Kane, Olly isn't Guardiola, Fernandes isn't Abromovich but we're not any of those clubs. It shouldn't be a huge surprise that our lot is our lot.

Players are trying and we've got some that we've picked up for peanuts that might turn out alright so we sell them on for profit and find the next gem. That's the QPR I expect and it feels like we're heading that way.

Difference of opinion, optimist v pessimist, is part of life's tapestry but frustrating to read things like 'we should win games' based on teams position or profile. What a load of old cobblers.

Looking forward to Wolves at home.
Notlob v QPR. on 12:34 - Oct 22 with 1172 viewsHunterhoop

Notlob v QPR. on 21:43 - Oct 21 by LythamR

We were disappointing in the first half today, much better in the 2nd.

This team bleeds for Olly and the Hoops. I cant see any new manager suddenly transforming them because they are giving everything.

The weather conditions were awful, another 15 minutes of that raid and the game would have had to be called off. We went a goal down and clawed our way back to a point. Thats better than we historically do at places like Bolton.

Yes you can argue that we should have started Wheeler or Washington instead of Mackie, Holloway certainly isnt perfect but there are patterns of play emerging that are progressive and repeated, signs of a group of players who are working to a plan and its a decent plan, an attractive plan. the execution often falls down, sometimes down to luck, sometimes down to opposition efforts sometimes because our players are not as good as we would like them to be. They are though having a bloody decent crack at it as a group and thats enough for me to be patient and give them and the management a proper chance at it.

Great post.

I genuinely think we're not far off being a good side at this level. TBH, I think a big part of getting there is dropping Mackie. Love the bloke's passion for the club. But he is simply not very effective up front, and we desperately need to improve our conversion rate of shots to goals.

Still positive though and still think we could suddenly go on a 4 or 5 game winning run soon.
Notlob v QPR. on 12:58 - Oct 22 with 1127 viewskensalriser

Notlob v QPR. on 12:34 - Oct 22 by Hunterhoop

Great post.

I genuinely think we're not far off being a good side at this level. TBH, I think a big part of getting there is dropping Mackie. Love the bloke's passion for the club. But he is simply not very effective up front, and we desperately need to improve our conversion rate of shots to goals.

Still positive though and still think we could suddenly go on a 4 or 5 game winning run soon.

Hunter, I fear you are just the latest to fall victim to the impossible romanticism of 'going on a run' . We're on a run at the moment - a winless one. With a makeshift defence and goal-shy attack there's no indication at all that we might go on a winning run any time soon. The best we can hope for is an odd win here and there and the draws not turning into defeats.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024