Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton, Stick or twist? 19:06 - Apr 2 with 70282 viewsRangersDave

Ok, so we arent doing as well as most of us thought we would.

However, we all know we should have had a new striker in during the last window, but didnt and this appears it might have been a mistake.

If form continues the way it is, Stoke etc will beat us, and we will be almost where we were last season......ergo no real improvement, and a squad thats fat, old, lazy, or comtractually obliged to play every game.

However, next season will need more players, as some will be leaving us, so who do you want to pick those players and next seasons formations?

So, do we keep Warburton (Stick) or do we get rid (twist)

I will start this........ Twist

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 11:03 - Apr 24 with 3546 viewsNorthantsHoop

Generally think we gave it a decent shot at the top 6 this season, but we are probably settling at the position in the table that our quality and consistency merit. I have always thought Warbs is the right fit for our club he has pushed us into being more competitive in this division whilst having to build a squad on a much lower budget than the managers before him, who have all been pretty woeful since relegation in 2015. I would stick and try to keep progressing.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 11:44 - Apr 24 with 3426 viewsT_Block

And injuries.
A forward who is young,fast and can learn
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 13:40 - Apr 24 with 3289 viewsTHEBUSH

As has already been mentioned, MW is out of contract at the end of the season.

So why not have a look and see who is available and might want to be our manager ?

I said in an earlier message, I think we should stick.

Things change, so why not have a look, perhaps MW is the best for us, only time will tell.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 13:58 - Apr 24 with 3225 viewstkqpr

I like the saying its not binary, its not black or white. It really isnt, there are so many variables to take into consideration, hes done well with what hes had to deal with and applied himself very well.

Theres a good chance to reshape the squad in the summer, so is he up for it and have players been highligted? If so he deserves to stay and be given a crack, look what hes done so far with limited budget. I certainly wouldnt like to a Hasslebank, Hughes type take over and im not sure about Ainsworth despite how nice it might be initially.

Something tells me Chris Hughton is on their radar? I dont know why.

We wait and see.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 17:03 - Apr 24 with 3037 viewsNorthernr

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 13:58 - Apr 24 by tkqpr

I like the saying its not binary, its not black or white. It really isnt, there are so many variables to take into consideration, hes done well with what hes had to deal with and applied himself very well.

Theres a good chance to reshape the squad in the summer, so is he up for it and have players been highligted? If so he deserves to stay and be given a crack, look what hes done so far with limited budget. I certainly wouldnt like to a Hasslebank, Hughes type take over and im not sure about Ainsworth despite how nice it might be initially.

Something tells me Chris Hughton is on their radar? I dont know why.

We wait and see.

And if you think you were bored before...
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 17:06 - Apr 24 with 3026 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 17:03 - Apr 24 by Northernr

And if you think you were bored before...

Indeed, given the levels of TV Putnditry, its takes quite a skill to take that to a new level of boredom, but Chris (lovely man no doubt) does that!
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 18:14 - Apr 24 with 2946 viewstkqpr

I know, successful with Brighton taking them from bottom of Championship to securely in Prem, had a bad spell at Forest, many have, feel like he could be considered a pair of 'safe hands' that have been there and done it.

Didnt we have a connection with someone at Brighton? Who was it i cant recall?
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 18:26 - Apr 24 with 2931 viewsPunteR

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 18:14 - Apr 24 by tkqpr

I know, successful with Brighton taking them from bottom of Championship to securely in Prem, had a bad spell at Forest, many have, feel like he could be considered a pair of 'safe hands' that have been there and done it.

Didnt we have a connection with someone at Brighton? Who was it i cant recall?

Fat Boy Slim ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 19:59 - Apr 24 with 2801 viewsHunterhoop

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:50 - Apr 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

If fell out of the sky this morning and knew nothing of QPR, from reading this forum I never would have guessed that we have had our most successful season in a decade.

I owe you £50 PaulParker. Let me know where you want it sent.

But it isn’t though, on footballing measures. Firstly, we’re unlikely to better last season’s finish and points and we might not beat the finishing position the year before either! That’s the scale of the collapse. Besides, we won the play offs and were promoted inside the last decade. Whether you like Redknapp, think we still underperformed against budget or didn’t hugely enjoy, by standard measures of footballing success, it was more successful.

It could be our 3rd best, may be our 4th best.

If we finish lower than 13th, you could argue we haven’t even improved from Y1 to Y3 under Warburton.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 20:09 - Apr 24 with 2739 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 13:40 - Apr 24 by THEBUSH

As has already been mentioned, MW is out of contract at the end of the season.

So why not have a look and see who is available and might want to be our manager ?

I said in an earlier message, I think we should stick.

Things change, so why not have a look, perhaps MW is the best for us, only time will tell.

Wow - if your arse was any more wishily washily on the fence, you'd have splinters!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:08 - Apr 24 with 2681 viewspaulparker

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:50 - Apr 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

If fell out of the sky this morning and knew nothing of QPR, from reading this forum I never would have guessed that we have had our most successful season in a decade.

I owe you £50 PaulParker. Let me know where you want it sent.

I thought it was £500

You know what Bazza donate it to LBLOCKs charity step

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:33 - Apr 24 with 2623 viewsLblock

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:08 - Apr 24 by paulparker

I thought it was £500

Bazza has already donated and I am extremely grateful for that as per everyone who have been amazingly supportive

This board is a cracking place at times

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:37 - Apr 24 with 2592 viewspaulparker

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:33 - Apr 24 by Lblock

Bazza has already donated and I am extremely grateful for that as per everyone who have been amazingly supportive

This board is a cracking place at times

Fair play to you Bazza

In that case Baz you maybe be better off sticking the winnings here

https://www.conservatives.com/donate-now

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:55 - Apr 24 with 2572 viewsdaveB

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 19:59 - Apr 24 by Hunterhoop

But it isn’t though, on footballing measures. Firstly, we’re unlikely to better last season’s finish and points and we might not beat the finishing position the year before either! That’s the scale of the collapse. Besides, we won the play offs and were promoted inside the last decade. Whether you like Redknapp, think we still underperformed against budget or didn’t hugely enjoy, by standard measures of footballing success, it was more successful.

It could be our 3rd best, may be our 4th best.

If we finish lower than 13th, you could argue we haven’t even improved from Y1 to Y3 under Warburton.

depends what you measure it on but for me we are in a better place now than we were 3 years ago even if the league position in 2 weeks doesn't reflect that. We've come a long way, mindset at the club changed from happy to be 16th to actually wanting and expecting top 6. We fell short this season but we should be looking to build on the last 3 years this summer whoever the manager is
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:20 - Apr 24 with 2516 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:08 - Apr 24 by paulparker

I thought it was £500

Well done mate.

Done!
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:22 - Apr 24 with 2506 viewsHunterhoop

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:55 - Apr 24 by daveB

depends what you measure it on but for me we are in a better place now than we were 3 years ago even if the league position in 2 weeks doesn't reflect that. We've come a long way, mindset at the club changed from happy to be 16th to actually wanting and expecting top 6. We fell short this season but we should be looking to build on the last 3 years this summer whoever the manager is

I think the club is in a better place, no doubt. But I put that down to Hoos and Les. I put the league position down to the manager.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:27 - Apr 24 with 2433 viewsdaveB

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:22 - Apr 24 by Hunterhoop

I think the club is in a better place, no doubt. But I put that down to Hoos and Les. I put the league position down to the manager.

I think Warburton has done a lot of good stuff and played a massive part in the turnaround. Les and Hoos have done a good job but have been helped by having a manager who got the best out of sellable assets so we were able to get money for Eze. Of course league position is down to the manager but it shouldn't be the only thing he is judged on. I do concede though that if (as looks likely) we finish on less points and lower int he table than last season that is a failure given the squad we have
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:45 - Apr 25 with 2162 viewsbosh67

Purely conjecture but I am wondering if some of the drop off in form is down to the policy of not addressing new contracts or contract status until the end of the season - and if that is related to Warburton staying or leaving. My own thoughts are that Warburton will stay and the board will want him to stay if he wants to stay and perhaps Warburton himself has not made that decision. Pure guess work of course.

For the record, I think the idea of not negotiating or sorting contracts until the end of the season, given the constraints we are under is probably prudent, but it can effect players, because they are unsure of their future livelihood until the last ball of the season is kicked. This is particularly true perhaps of those who are out of contract in a few weeks. Even if you are committed to the cause do you sub consciously lose that 100% focus if you don't know whether you are retained or not next season? Don't know is the honest answer.

Lots of people who aren't so keen on Warburton are saying well he just doesn't have the extra percent to get us further, but I think the club and management are trying to run the club on an even footing. Warburton understands finance as well as football. Anyone potentially replacing him perhaps wouldn't, and with this club, an understanding of constraints is important, as is stability.

So my main point here is does anyone think that the policy to only discuss contracts at the end of the season, regardless of how sensible that may be, has ultimately effected performances over the last few months?

Also, if Luton, who have managed to reach the play offs on a budget of 10p weren't doing what they were doing would we be thinking a little more realistically about the club's position and means?
[Post edited 25 Apr 2022 8:48]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:27 - Apr 25 with 2075 viewsParkRoyalR

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:45 - Apr 25 by bosh67

Purely conjecture but I am wondering if some of the drop off in form is down to the policy of not addressing new contracts or contract status until the end of the season - and if that is related to Warburton staying or leaving. My own thoughts are that Warburton will stay and the board will want him to stay if he wants to stay and perhaps Warburton himself has not made that decision. Pure guess work of course.

For the record, I think the idea of not negotiating or sorting contracts until the end of the season, given the constraints we are under is probably prudent, but it can effect players, because they are unsure of their future livelihood until the last ball of the season is kicked. This is particularly true perhaps of those who are out of contract in a few weeks. Even if you are committed to the cause do you sub consciously lose that 100% focus if you don't know whether you are retained or not next season? Don't know is the honest answer.

Lots of people who aren't so keen on Warburton are saying well he just doesn't have the extra percent to get us further, but I think the club and management are trying to run the club on an even footing. Warburton understands finance as well as football. Anyone potentially replacing him perhaps wouldn't, and with this club, an understanding of constraints is important, as is stability.

So my main point here is does anyone think that the policy to only discuss contracts at the end of the season, regardless of how sensible that may be, has ultimately effected performances over the last few months?

Also, if Luton, who have managed to reach the play offs on a budget of 10p weren't doing what they were doing would we be thinking a little more realistically about the club's position and means?

If you take away the gamble on Austin, SJ and Gray is our budget any different to Luton's?
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:28 - Apr 25 with 2064 viewsstantheman10

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:45 - Apr 25 by bosh67

I don't agree as surely if you think you might be going to lose your job you would work harder and be better to show that you're still needed? That's what I would do!
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:38 - Apr 25 with 2026 viewstkqpr

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:28 - Apr 25 by stantheman10

I don't agree as surely if you think you might be going to lose your job you would work harder and be better to show that you're still needed? That's what I would do!

That depends on what mentality you have doesn't it Stantheman10. Yes sounds like you and certainly i would, but you only need one or two in the dressing room, with a cant be arsed attitude, already made my money (Hendrick +), my agent says this club want me, and it rubs off on the younger more infuenced individuals. Its a very insular environment, thats why to stand out, to stand up and do things differently is more difficult i would assume, much like it is in society today. You got to brave to be different. Not everyone can, and only in hindsight do most people look back and say i wish.....
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:41 - Apr 25 with 2017 viewsfrancisbowles

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:28 - Apr 25 by stantheman10

Think it works both ways. It might be a motivating factor as you play for a new contract, either here or somewhere else.

or

You think you have done enough and play within yourself to avoid injury. It also raises anxiety levels, so form may drop off

Another factor though, is you, as well as the management, are not distracted haggling over a new deal
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 11:21 - Apr 25 with 1894 viewsTHEBUSH

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 20:09 - Apr 24 by stainrods_elbow

Wow - if your arse was any more wishily washily on the fence, you'd have splinters!

Oh Stainrod, was he your favourite QPR player ?

Mine is Rodney Marsh.

I am from Shepherds Bush, where were you brought up ?

I went to Christopher Wren school, just saying like.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 18:09 - Apr 25 with 1601 viewsbaz_qpr

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:41 - Apr 25 by francisbowles

Think it works both ways. It might be a motivating factor as you play for a new contract, either here or somewhere else.

or

You think you have done enough and play within yourself to avoid injury. It also raises anxiety levels, so form may drop off

Another factor though, is you, as well as the management, are not distracted haggling over a new deal

Honestly dont think motivation is the issue, confidence yes, cautiousness maybe in trying to tighten up the back in December and January. I think there was stupid dicking around with the team in February with the loans and wholesale positioning change in the back 3 that backfired and I think two of our Ferrari components (Dieng and Willock) have had to have been swapped out for Ford Focus replacements and as such the whole care has lost oomph and manouvrability.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:14 - Apr 25 with 1430 viewsT_Block

Still sitting on the fence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024