Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton, Stick or twist? 19:06 - Apr 2 with 69583 viewsRangersDave

Ok, so we arent doing as well as most of us thought we would.

However, we all know we should have had a new striker in during the last window, but didnt and this appears it might have been a mistake.

If form continues the way it is, Stoke etc will beat us, and we will be almost where we were last season......ergo no real improvement, and a squad thats fat, old, lazy, or comtractually obliged to play every game.

However, next season will need more players, as some will be leaving us, so who do you want to pick those players and next seasons formations?

So, do we keep Warburton (Stick) or do we get rid (twist)

I will start this........ Twist

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:59 - Apr 28 with 1560 viewsRangersw12

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:55 - Apr 28 by Northernr

Dyche was apparently on north of £3m a year at Burnley, and would be fav for whichever Premier League struggler sacks their boss first next season. Might be wrong but he's not in my 'realistic alternative' pile.

Who is on your "realistic alternative" pile?
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:00 - Apr 28 with 1560 viewsPhildo

Dyche was apparently on north of £3m a year at Burnley, and would be fav for whichever Premier League struggler sacks their boss first next season. Might be wrong but he's not in my 'realistic alternative' pile.

think we will be shopping in Ainsworths rather than Dycheco
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:00 - Apr 28 with 1548 viewsAntti_Heinola

Anyone who thinks Dyche is even a remote possibility is a wombat.

We're looking at a doomsday scenario here. Getting rid of Warbs suggests they want to have a real crack next season - they have to, otherwise they won't attract a decent candidate, and if they can't attract a decent candidate, they may as well stick with Warbs, who pretty much guarantees top half and perhaps more.

If they twist, and that fails, I wouldn't be shocked if they cut their losses. And I have no idea who on earth would be dumb enough (or worse, cynical enough) to buy a mid-table Champ team with no money, a tiny dilapidated ground with no realistic hope of a new one inside 20 years, one of the smallest gates in this division.

As Clive said, hello darkness my old friend.

Unless the gamble works, of course.

Bare bones.

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:03 - Apr 28 with 1507 viewsDixie_CT

Dyche feels like a lazy association that I’m not sure is that realistic or appropriate.

Quite simplistic but the Board will be looking to find the next Warnock which is fine but also not easy otherwise everyone would go out and do it!

Whoever they go for needs a very clear remit from the start with expectations set and what they are responsible made explicit. Scenario planning should be considered and everything has to be based on a long term vision not just promotion.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:05 - Apr 28 with 1482 viewswombat

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:56 - Apr 28 by BostonR

I would have thought Dyche is Watford bound? Is the Warburton decision a football one or has something gone on behind closed doors - it does not add up in my mind.

thing is even if he does head to watford he will be aval y the end of sept prob

id have thought they have somebody in place already , given the short close season thisn year and us needing players in asap , id imagine this is already sorted replacement wise

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:07 - Apr 28 with 1449 viewsthemodfather

watford and norwich will be strong teams if championship next season, if everton come down you'd expect them to romp it even if they sell the bulk of their squad.
it;s where our board want us to be, mid table or having a go?
we clearly got rumbled and were unable to go to plan b quick enough, in fact we didnt we just rumbled on getting caught out and wondering why?
i am still proud of our season, it filtered out but there were good memories. great support especially away imo.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:12 - Apr 28 with 1398 viewsBostonR

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:59 - Apr 28 by Rangersw12

If we are talking Championship material, I would imagine Neil Critchley might in the pile. If you are looking for a young talented coach you might take a punt on Steven Schumacher at Plymouth Argyle. Perhaps they have some European candidate we have never heard of.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:21 - Apr 28 with 1320 viewsDieByYourSide

Critchley under contract til 2026, so we'd have to pay them a fair whack to get him which seems unlikely?

Poll: And it's hi ho

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:24 - Apr 28 with 1298 viewsMrSheen

Mark Bonner of Cambridge? He can bring Gary Waddock back!
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:38 - Apr 28 with 1229 viewsRangersw12

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:12 - Apr 28 by BostonR

If we are talking Championship material, I would imagine Neil Critchley might in the pile. If you are looking for a young talented coach you might take a punt on Steven Schumacher at Plymouth Argyle. Perhaps they have some European candidate we have never heard of.

Karl Robinson is another I would go for. Would see Rangers as a step up and plays decent football
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:41 - Apr 28 with 1205 viewsdaveB

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:30 - Apr 28 by Lblock

On your final paragraph about the strike "force" you're missing the key joker in that pack.... Mr Jaffa Cake Bonne himself.

Whoever is responsible for that transfer needs more than sacking - public flogging is too good for 'em!!!

There's a fallacy that we can develop talent at this club as well, and that Warburton is key to it.
We don't have a recognized conveyourbelt from the youth / U23's etc; in fact I've been told first hand by someone who's son left only to be signed by a Premiership club the youth level is chaos.
Our key is signing raw diamonds and polishing them - Willock a classic example.

Whoever is responsible for signing Willock and coaching a better attitude and strength into him needs a medal.

Clearly both these people could be the same person so I'd have the medal awarded to them whilst they are being publicly flogged.

The same people were responsible for both signings
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:42 - Apr 28 with 1198 viewsdaveB

also waiting on a 15million payout from Burnley so won't be taking any jobs for a while
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:45 - Apr 28 with 1186 viewsDannytheR

Very, very risky call to make.

Hire the wrong candidate (which the current owners have done repeatedly) with such a flawed squad and Austin and Johansen the senior pros, and I have a nasty feeling this only ends one way.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:47 - Apr 28 with 1176 viewsdaveB

have to say i find this whole waiting till the end of the season before talking about contracts thing a bit odd now, i could understand it when we had a chance of going up but after the Stoke game discussions should be underway now imo

If the club haven't even spoken to Warbs about plans for next season i think thats pretty poor.

I'm concerned about what this all means, gonna be a long summer
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:47 - Apr 28 with 1176 viewsNorthernr

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:59 - Apr 28 by Rangersw12

I think you'd be looking around the Karl Robinson level for in work, or some Tim Sherwood type tw@ from the out of works. Les has always wanted Rowett but the timing has never coincided right and I can't see him coming here from Millwall atm.

If Warburton had just done the three years he'd done here anywhere else then 90% of this message board would want us to go for him.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:50 - Apr 28 with 1153 viewsRangersw12

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:47 - Apr 28 by Northernr

I think you'd be looking around the Karl Robinson level for in work, or some Tim Sherwood type tw@ from the out of works. Les has always wanted Rowett but the timing has never coincided right and I can't see him coming here from Millwall atm.

If Warburton had just done the three years he'd done here anywhere else then 90% of this message board would want us to go for him.

I agree

We also have a month break in November to change things if this poor run continues into next season
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 10:51]
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:54 - Apr 28 with 1115 viewsdaveB

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:00 - Apr 28 by Antti_Heinola

Anyone who thinks Dyche is even a remote possibility is a wombat.

We're looking at a doomsday scenario here. Getting rid of Warbs suggests they want to have a real crack next season - they have to, otherwise they won't attract a decent candidate, and if they can't attract a decent candidate, they may as well stick with Warbs, who pretty much guarantees top half and perhaps more.

If they twist, and that fails, I wouldn't be shocked if they cut their losses. And I have no idea who on earth would be dumb enough (or worse, cynical enough) to buy a mid-table Champ team with no money, a tiny dilapidated ground with no realistic hope of a new one inside 20 years, one of the smallest gates in this division.

As Clive said, hello darkness my old friend.

Unless the gamble works, of course.

I get the feeling this is what they are thinking but don't see an obvious Warnock type to come in unless they go for the man himself which would be mad.

Always liked the old Fulham manager who I won't even try to spell but he's not done much since he left them a few years back and struggled at Sheffield United who have a much bigger budget and much better squad than us.

I'd got for Karl Robinson or Neil Critchley although not sure how affordable Critchley is.

I just hope it's Hoos and Ferdinand doing the hiring and we're not back to the owners bringing in a McClaren over their heads
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:54 - Apr 28 with 1113 viewsE17hoop

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:47 - Apr 28 by Northernr

I wonder if Eustace is lined up? He was brought in by Schteve so isn't Warburton's man.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:55 - Apr 28 with 1109 viewsNorthernr

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:47 - Apr 28 by daveB

have to say i find this whole waiting till the end of the season before talking about contracts thing a bit odd now, i could understand it when we had a chance of going up but after the Stoke game discussions should be underway now imo

If the club haven't even spoken to Warbs about plans for next season i think thats pretty poor.

I'm concerned about what this all means, gonna be a long summer

I don't like the way a few things are being handled tbh. If Barbet, Ball, Wallace, Adomah aren't getting deals then it would be a decent thing to do to say that now so we can give them a big send off tomorrow night. This is something Onuoha brought up in our interview with him as well, and we did similar to Luongo.

This thing with Warburton has dragged on for weeks now where the journos are basically talking like it's already happened, because of course it's already happened, the execs are giving it "well if we make a change we make a change but if he stays then if that and the other" and Warbs has to go and front up every week and answer questions about his job. Proper dead man walking.

Not good. Not right. Very poor look. Lousy behaviour IMO.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:56 - Apr 28 with 1101 viewsDixie_CT

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:50 - Apr 28 by Rangersw12

I agree

We also have a month break in November to change things if this poor run continues into next season

Mmmmmm pragmatism, yummy.

Sadly, the majority of those with power at the club allow this emotional, societal business of football, to be run by their egos. Not a huge track record of success with that approach, either here or elsewhere.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:57 - Apr 28 with 1081 viewsdaveB

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:55 - Apr 28 by Northernr

I don't like the way a few things are being handled tbh. If Barbet, Ball, Wallace, Adomah aren't getting deals then it would be a decent thing to do to say that now so we can give them a big send off tomorrow night. This is something Onuoha brought up in our interview with him as well, and we did similar to Luongo.

This thing with Warburton has dragged on for weeks now where the journos are basically talking like it's already happened, because of course it's already happened, the execs are giving it "well if we make a change we make a change but if he stays then if that and the other" and Warbs has to go and front up every week and answer questions about his job. Proper dead man walking.

Did the same with Hill and Faurlin as well.

Warbs departure feels very similar to Holloways, really poor in how it's been done
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 10:59]
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:58 - Apr 28 with 1078 viewsNorthernr

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:54 - Apr 28 by E17hoop

I wonder if Eustace is lined up? He was brought in by Schteve so isn't Warburton's man.

Given he's turned down two other Championship jobs to stay here I thought that too, but Dave Mc gave it an immediate 'not happening'.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:59 - Apr 28 with 1075 viewsfrancisbowles

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:50 - Apr 28 by Rangersw12

I agree

I doubt that MW would agree a contract up to November, so changing then would mean paying compensation. Seems as if they make the change now it is at nil cost.

I want him to stay but it is a predicament. If he goes then I think they should give Eustace the job for the sake of continuity. He would make his own decisions he has demonstrated that briefly when he took over from McClaren and, as reported, when he advised MW to clear out the loosing mentality.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 11:00 - Apr 28 with 1074 viewsDixie_CT

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:55 - Apr 28 by Northernr

It is quite scary/alarming how we have pivoted from a club on the up and operating in the right way for the majority of the time, to one now that seems to have lost whatever values and principles it had to get us on to a more positive place.

Maybe we were just so abysmal and screwed up from when we got promoted under Warnock to when we got relegated under Redknapp, that we took the slightest positive as such a huge step back towards being club we can be proud of, both on and off the field.

I feel so fragile! Argh, let me off!!!
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 11:02 - Apr 28 with 1035 viewsstantheman10

Has anybody stopped to think that maybe Warburton doesn't want a new contract or maybe he wants too much money?
There is also the spectre of the owners. Who knows how much pressure they are putting on LF and Hoos to get the club promoted? Especially after loosening the purse strings last summer.
They haven't got a never ending money pot and must be getting fed up with forking out £1m a month. I know I would be and I support the club!
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 11:09]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024