Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton, Stick or twist? 19:06 - Apr 2 with 67871 viewsRangersDave

Ok, so we arent doing as well as most of us thought we would.

However, we all know we should have had a new striker in during the last window, but didnt and this appears it might have been a mistake.

If form continues the way it is, Stoke etc will beat us, and we will be almost where we were last season......ergo no real improvement, and a squad thats fat, old, lazy, or comtractually obliged to play every game.

However, next season will need more players, as some will be leaving us, so who do you want to pick those players and next seasons formations?

So, do we keep Warburton (Stick) or do we get rid (twist)

I will start this........ Twist

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:02 - Apr 28 with 2108 viewsderbyhoop

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 12:48 - Apr 28 by 1JD

For a fully rounded view one has to consider all signings and contracts since Ferdinand walked through the door, not just the last 3 years (and since Warburton, tellingly)

Also consider;
- 10m+ on Loungo, Washington, Burisuik, Cherry, Poulter, Perch, Smithies. Only smithies really fetched a profit. Cherry I think we got our money back. The rest dead money.
- Contract inefficiencies of BOS, Manning. And more ยฃmulti-million down the swanny that should of been avoided with foresight. Also, the resulting and panicky 4 year deals handed out to Hamalainen and Kakay in its wake.
- One youngster through the academy sold for profit. Darnell Furlong. In 7+ years. And nothing seemingly in the pipe unless you consider lads that can barely get a game in the 6th tier as our next best hope.

One could argue the multi-million generation of the Eze transfer is arguably cancelled out by the above multi-million losses.

Players sold for profit should include Freeman. And Jack Robinson?
Youngsters sold on include Bowler

Not sure what could have been done different re BOS or Manning, when both made it clear they didn't want to be here.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all oneรขโ‚ฌโ„ขs lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:20 - Apr 28 with 2029 viewsfrancisbowles

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:02 - Apr 28 by derbyhoop

Players sold for profit should include Freeman. And Jack Robinson?
Youngsters sold on include Bowler

Not sure what could have been done different re BOS or Manning, when both made it clear they didn't want to be here.

Robinson was signed during Redknapp's days.

Loungo, Cherry, Poulter, Perch and Smithies. I think we got pretty good value out of those performance wise.

Burisuik, I have completely forgotten. Who was/is he?
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:23 - Apr 28 with 2020 viewsdaveB

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:20 - Apr 28 by francisbowles

Robinson was signed during Redknapp's days.

Loungo, Cherry, Poulter, Perch and Smithies. I think we got pretty good value out of those performance wise.

Burisuik, I have completely forgotten. Who was/is he?

Polish midfield player signed under JFH along with Pawel. Didn't do a lot and was gone by January
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:30 - Apr 28 with 1984 viewsR_from_afar

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 13:09 - Apr 28 by stainrods_elbow

He looks and sounds to me angry, fed-up and really upset. I feel sorry for him, but also feel he has to carry at least some of the responsibility for the shocking fall-off since Feb. The players, having said that, have been, more often than not, gutless and guileless. I stand by what I say that they should be booed at HQ tomorrow night, which the Stoke performance alone warrants.

I think it would be better for Mark's mental health, and the health of the club, if he could stop being such a nice guy and, just for once, refuse to keep telling us that he 'can't speak highly enough' of the squad, the medical team, the tea lady and everyone else. It's gushing rhetoric and just won't wash. It's also the same thing Solskjaer did in the last weeks at Man U, and the players pushed him under a bus in return. How can he say, on the one hand, we fans were right to boo after the Peterboro game, and then revert to this nonsense? It starts to sound like passive aggression to me.

I am sure, however, the Teflon-smothered Hoos and Evil Les will come up smelling of roses regardless. Eustace and Banfield, however, also need to go if Warbs isn't renewed, after which the Board will have a lot of thinking to do.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 13:10]

Except that neither you, me, nor anyone else has any idea about what he says to the players behind closed doors.

There are plenty of managers who publicly spare their players blushes but tear into them in the dressing room.

If he does go, he will be one hell of a hard act to follow.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:34 - Apr 28 with 1962 viewsaston_hoop

Had a bad dream at the weekend that an out of contract Paul Ince became our new manager. Thankfully it was only a dream. I've not seen a single realistic name that excites me yet

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:56 - Apr 28 with 1872 viewsfrancisbowles

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:23 - Apr 28 by daveB

Polish midfield player signed under JFH along with Pawel. Didn't do a lot and was gone by January

Yes got him now. Thought he looked quite good at first but then in and out of the side and lost his way. Think he went on loan in January, then came back in pre season but was 'sold' the following January.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 15:26 - Apr 28 with 1776 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:30 - Apr 28 by R_from_afar

Except that neither you, me, nor anyone else has any idea about what he says to the players behind closed doors.

There are plenty of managers who publicly spare their players blushes but tear into them in the dressing room.

If he does go, he will be one hell of a hard act to follow.

Whether he says one thing to the camera/fans and another thing in the dressing room (which would be schizophrenic) or speaks in stratospheric epithets in both contexts, it's clearly not worked for most of 2022. I find it bizarre either way.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 15:32 - Apr 28 with 1769 viewsDixie_CT

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:56 - Apr 28 by francisbowles

Yes got him now. Thought he looked quite good at first but then in and out of the side and lost his way. Think he went on loan in January, then came back in pre season but was 'sold' the following January.

I heard his young son became very sick, very quickly, hence why he moved back to Poland.
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 15:41 - Apr 28 with 1724 viewsTheChef

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 12:34 - Apr 28 by daveB

full interview with Warbs

Hmmm, still not entirely conclusive. As if no one has suggested he's likely still to be manager next season; but then based on that his expectation is he won't be.

Anyway, as mentioned he doesn't seem that happy, unsurprisingly.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 17:40 - Apr 28 with 1546 viewsstainrods_elbow

He looks like he wants to howl at the moon (or weep into a deep pool), and, to be honest, I think a lot of us would like to join him.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 17:46 - Apr 28 with 1524 viewsMickB

I'd love to know the average age of the stickers & twisters respectively.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 17:48 - Apr 28 with 1501 viewsNorthantsHoop

Probably be offered the Watford job as they are coming down and will have money to spend for an immediate return to Prem. Think he started his coaching life there.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 17:54 - Apr 28 with 1478 viewsT_Block

Warburton has improved the team very significantly.This is doing the rounds on the phone messages and so far support for Warburton is 90%.The 10% being the idiots who cannot understand the limitations he has been working under.

I feel very sad for him.

Cannot really be arsed to renew the season ticket if its Dyche,or Farke,or even Gareth with all due respect.I was enjoying watching this team this year as well.It was really lovely at times.

And it was achieved without any strikers most of the time.Shocking injury list

The improvements/developments of Dickie,Dunne,Amos,Field,Willock,Dieng and Dykes have been great

This is really really stupid.

so depressing where will this end?
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 17:56]
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 18:10 - Apr 28 with 1426 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:55 - Apr 28 by Northernr

I don't like the way a few things are being handled tbh. If Barbet, Ball, Wallace, Adomah aren't getting deals then it would be a decent thing to do to say that now so we can give them a big send off tomorrow night. This is something Onuoha brought up in our interview with him as well, and we did similar to Luongo.

This thing with Warburton has dragged on for weeks now where the journos are basically talking like it's already happened, because of course it's already happened, the execs are giving it "well if we make a change we make a change but if he stays then if that and the other" and Warbs has to go and front up every week and answer questions about his job. Proper dead man walking.

Not good. Not right. Very poor look. Lousy behaviour IMO.

Think you're right.

IF Lee Hoos had communicated to MW what he told the Evening Standard a few weeks ago and IF MW accepted that, then he would have given a very different answer to the question
"Will you be here for pre season"

Sadly it seems that they didn't have that conversation, or if they did, MW not happy about it and/or not happy that now we know with 99.9999999% certainty what division we will be in next season why the conversation hasn't been brought forward a few weeks.

Of course, football being football and people being people, it IS possible that he wasn't interested in a 1 year deal with the playing budget remaining static - he DID emphasise again on the offy interview that we had a bottom half budget.

Either way, whoever's 'fault/decision' it is, think its going to be the most sadly lamented managerial departure in a while!
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 18:41 - Apr 28 with 1373 viewsWatfordR

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 18:10 - Apr 28 by PinnerPaul

Think you're right.

IF Lee Hoos had communicated to MW what he told the Evening Standard a few weeks ago and IF MW accepted that, then he would have given a very different answer to the question
"Will you be here for pre season"

Sadly it seems that they didn't have that conversation, or if they did, MW not happy about it and/or not happy that now we know with 99.9999999% certainty what division we will be in next season why the conversation hasn't been brought forward a few weeks.

Of course, football being football and people being people, it IS possible that he wasn't interested in a 1 year deal with the playing budget remaining static - he DID emphasise again on the offy interview that we had a bottom half budget.

Either way, whoever's 'fault/decision' it is, think its going to be the most sadly lamented managerial departure in a while!

I've been watching this lot for nearly 50 years now and I can't think of another occasion where the vast majority of fans want a manager to stay, the manager appears to want to stay, and yet he's apparently going.

It's one thing if the board are going to bring in someone who is a significant upgrade, but it's hard to imagine who that could possibly be, beyond maybe Bilic?
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 19:00 - Apr 28 with 1312 viewsVancouverHoop

It's bizarre the reflexive obsession football has with burning the manager every year or two, whatever the circumstances. Coaches and managers in North American sports last for years, irrespective of results. In my town the last NHL GM lasted for eight years, in that time the team made the playoffs just once. In his case it was too long without doubt. But when, as in Warbs case, there's been a clear improvement not only in results during his tenure but in overall club culture it seems suicidal.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 19:02 - Apr 28 with 1307 viewsaston_hoop

official

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 19:20 - Apr 28 with 1250 viewsBerkoRanger

Yes, I agree - it is really sad Mark is leaving. However, I honestly thought this was going to happen, hence my what next posts.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:49 - Apr 29 with 1039 viewsRangersDave

Having just gotten back to 'social media' this morning after 3 days completely 'dark' in mid wales and loving it, i wake to this news.

Am i happy? no

Am i surprised? no

Given that football is a results game, i understand that results and improvement are everything.
On paper, have we improved? positionally (league wise), you have to say no.

Is half a season of good football the be all and end all, despite the latter part of the season being mostly crap? is mid table again actually progress?

Do we want progress? i do!

If yes to wanting progress, was MW the person to bring this? i suggest no. We lost players to injury, sure, thats accepted, but what i couldnt get my head around was the toblerone footy, the interesting or late substitutions, the poor defending, the no effective plan 'B', the lack of get up and go within the team etc.

We all, i believe, know somethings gone on since our "purple patch" , but a lot here seem to think that whatever it is, MW was still the messiah. Nah, he was actually a man that had run out of ideas, either when we were doing ok, or on our arrises during the match. Results against Peterborough etc prove the limited ability tha man actually had.

I never want to see someone lose his job, but if he's simply at the end of his contract and its not being renewed, i can see why, as i believe he was truly 'ability limited' and had come to a natural end, and i wish him well in his career path.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024