Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton, Stick or twist? 19:06 - Apr 2 with 69569 viewsRangersDave

Ok, so we arent doing as well as most of us thought we would.

However, we all know we should have had a new striker in during the last window, but didnt and this appears it might have been a mistake.

If form continues the way it is, Stoke etc will beat us, and we will be almost where we were last season......ergo no real improvement, and a squad thats fat, old, lazy, or comtractually obliged to play every game.

However, next season will need more players, as some will be leaving us, so who do you want to pick those players and next seasons formations?

So, do we keep Warburton (Stick) or do we get rid (twist)

I will start this........ Twist

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:37 - Apr 6 with 2946 viewsRangersw12

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 00:44 - Apr 6 by Wegerles_Stairs

How quickly we forget. Guaranteed he wouldn't have f*cked up the last couple of months.

Guaranteed we wouldn't of even been in a position to Fck it up if he had been in charge
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:59 - Apr 6 with 2847 viewsslmrstid

I really don't know where I stand on all this at the moment. On the one hand, if you take the season to date, we're above where we probably should be on budget (so are others yadda yadda I know, but being above where we should be also means others are below where they should be so we're doing better than them...)

BUT...the form since the end of January has been unacceptable. We've swung wildly from 6 months of relegation form, to twelve months of promotion form, back to two months of relegation form with nothing in the middle.

Earlier this season we kept hearing about how great the team spirit was, the dressing room camaraderie etc...to me that seems to be gone because the body language of players on the pitch and the bickering between them that you see suggests something is off behind the scenes. More than just frustration at bad results anyway.

So what does this mean for Warburton? I really don't know. On the one hand I'm pleased we've stuck with him for three years and not constantly knee-jerked at every little bad run, but when bad runs become prolonged bad runs there is clearly something not working. He was probably very lucky not to be ditched 14 months ago, can he survive again? As it stands the signs to me are pointing toward a departure in the summer, if not before if we keep losing.

IF that proves to be the case, be damned if I know who is next but hopefully the board have a better idea of a succession plan. Whoever that might be in my view it HAS to be someone for whom QPR is a step-up, not another "I'm too big to be here" character (cough, Schteve). I like the look of Critchley at Blackpool, or there must be some decent managers in Leagues One/Two doing great things with small budgets who'd leap at the chance of coming to QPR (I don't really follow them enough to know who though).

I know Eustace has been mooted by some on here, and Warburton before has said he'll be a great manager one day. And to be fair he did quite well in his little mini-spell post-McLaren, but would it be a good idea for us to pass to someone already in the coaching set up and not go for a fresh team? I don't know.

So lots of waffling, lots of I really don't know, but ultimately something has to change soon, either with an improved set of results that can give us some positivity and a belief Warburton still has it going into next year, or a management change if results continue to be bad.

What I'd hate to see is a terrible end to this year, us stick with Warburton that then leads to a terrible start next year as the malaise continues - we effectively saw that with the first set of post-lockdown games where we were largely next to useless that carried on into the first half of the following season.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:01 - Apr 6 with 2840 viewsdaveB

On the plus side the calls for Warnock have come a lot later than they usually do.

16th still looks on if we don't pull a win out soon
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:17 - Apr 6 with 2789 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:37 - Apr 6 by Rangersw12

Guaranteed we wouldn't of even been in a position to Fck it up if he had been in charge

Oh to have a manager like that again - no unaccountable DoF; just a manager that knows what he's doing. Halcyon days.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:29 - Apr 6 with 2755 viewsRangersw12

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:17 - Apr 6 by Wegerles_Stairs

Oh to have a manager like that again - no unaccountable DoF; just a manager that knows what he's doing. Halcyon days.

Yeah a manager who signed Barton, SWP, Luke Young etc.

Thank Fck we have a DOF.....
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:48 - Apr 6 with 2562 viewsCamberleyR

If the Neil Warnock from 2010 was available I'd be saying go get him now. Sadly though, he seems to have gone on four years too long. He should have called it day and retired in 2018 when he did a brilliant job getting Cardiff promoted but he couldn't resist one last go in the Premier League and it's been downhill since then.

One thing I don't think has been mentioned is how much the death of Emiliano Sala and all the subsequent fall out has probably affected him. Watching him almost spontaneously combust at the officials after our victory earlier this season was quite sad to see, it couldn't have been good for his health. I don't think you'd find many if any Middlesbrough fans who are regretting Warnock not being their manager currently.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 11:09 - Apr 6 with 2531 viewsjohncharles

Meanwhile……. Having won the match, Hecklingbottom is whinging. What about I don’t know. Somehow we had an unfair advantage. Like Sheffield United spent £22 million on one player, Berge. That’s more than Warburton spent on the entire team

Strong and stable my arse.

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 11:27 - Apr 6 with 2460 viewskingsburyR

I'm still a stick with Warburton. Three months ago he could do no wrong. Gambled in January and it fell apart. It happens.

I hope to look back on the bad run this time next year when hopefully he has us cemented in the playoffs that it was a learning curve and how luck we stuck with him.

I cant see an obvious replacement but just a list of gambles.

Give the guy a chance regardless of the dross thats been served up in the last few weeks.

KR

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 11:57 - Apr 6 with 2355 viewshertshoops

Yep still stick

We know the players have it in them to start performing again and win matches, would be a shame to bin off Warburton for an unknown who'll break the squad up and start again

He's f@cked up the last window, but he's capable of rebuilding again and should be allowed to
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 12:17 - Apr 6 with 2290 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:01 - Apr 5 by NorthantsHoop

I do wonder whether the decision has already been taken a few weeks back by both parties the Board and Warbs that his rolling contract will finish at end of the season. The team has just been off for weeks now and would not be suprised players have been told they are leaving as well. The Eustace part time role with Ireland interesting prelude possibly and maybe Willock and Dieng's injuries being protected for end of season sales.

That's a lot of conspiracy theories/assumptions in one thread!

I think sending Willock for an operation is a bit extreme just to protect him for sale!
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 12:19 - Apr 6 with 2281 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:11 - Apr 5 by ManinBlack

To be honest none of us have a say in whether Warbs stays or not. If he was given three games to improve results then he is a goner as Sheffield United, Preston and Huddersfield all away are tough to get a result and we lost the first one tonight.

Sadly there is a real danger we will finish lower than last season and all the good work up to the end of January will count for little. Warbs has not been able to stop the slump that has lasted two months and we may be back to trying to dodge relegation next season.

As for changing the manager meaning more upheaval, my view is that even if Warbs stays, major surgery is needed so changes must be made whoever the manager is. We have a few players not good enough and a few who are past it and who have served us well but their legs have gone. We clearly need new forwards and we don't know if the likes of Dieng and Willock will get sold.

Ah our old friend the unfounded relegation fear is back!

Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 12:22 - Apr 6 with 2272 viewsdenhamhoop2

Stick unless Chris Wilder becomes available the problem is Just not enough quality in attacking areas and lack of pace at back forcing us to play 5 at back and holding midfielder
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 12:25 - Apr 6 with 2262 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 01:26 - Apr 6 by 1JD

It’s not that difficult to work out wages when you a. Look at the accounts and factor in the wage increase and b. Factor in the incoming signings.

You analyze the accounts, and the total number of new players, and sub-divide it, and you get a pretty good idea of what incoming signings are on.

Call it guesswork all you like, but the facts are the wage bill increased by 4m last year.

If you do the maths, of 52 weeks in a year, and work backwards from the wage increase, you get a very realistic estimate. For example, 20k x 52 weeks is approx 1m. Again, do the maths.

That’s the equivalent of an increase of 4 x players on 20k a week, last year alone. It’s therefore not hard to roughly work out Austin and Johansen's salary.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 1:58]

OR 20 players getting a 4K per week increase - you can't put the whole increase down to new players. Plus there is the difference between outgoing and incoming salaries.

I'm sticking with guesswork.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 12:33 - Apr 6 with 2216 viewskropotkin41

Really, it's not been that long since we were always worried about relegation and managers were coming and going with sickening rapidity. We actually have a lot to be grateful for with regards to Rangers. How long did it take our beloved neighbours in Hounslow to build up to not only getting promoted but actually making a fist of being in the Prem? We're newbies at not being a complete basket case of a club. I don't think Warburton should be sacked.... I do think there should be an inquest into one or two signings in Jan.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 13:45 - Apr 6 with 2108 viewsDannytheR

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:17 - Apr 6 by Wegerles_Stairs

Give it up, Neil. Everyone knows it's you.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 13:45]
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 13:50 - Apr 6 with 2093 viewsJuzzie

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:29 - Apr 6 by Rangersw12

Yeah a manager who signed Barton, SWP, Luke Young etc.

Thank Fck we have a DOF.....

Let's not forget those weren't his first choices. Players like Routledge and Ashley Williams were (and agreed to join) but Briatore didn't sanction any purchases because he wanted the books to look as healthy as possible to sell the club. Once the club had been sold those players had gone elsewhere so he was left with the bottom of the barrel players no one else wanted, and we saw why.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 13:55 - Apr 6 with 2054 viewsdmm

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:02 - Apr 6 with 2033 viewsDamo1962

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 13:45 - Apr 6 by DannytheR

Give it up, Neil. Everyone knows it's you.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 13:45]

😅
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:08 - Apr 6 with 2007 viewsRangersw12

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 13:50 - Apr 6 by Juzzie

Let's not forget those weren't his first choices. Players like Routledge and Ashley Williams were (and agreed to join) but Briatore didn't sanction any purchases because he wanted the books to look as healthy as possible to sell the club. Once the club had been sold those players had gone elsewhere so he was left with the bottom of the barrel players no one else wanted, and we saw why.

That's what he put in his book, I've heard the reality was very much different but it's old news and not worth going over again.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:50 - Apr 6 with 1909 viewsslmrstid

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:08 - Apr 6 by Rangersw12

That's what he put in his book, I've heard the reality was very much different but it's old news and not worth going over again.

Agreed - its over 10 years ago now.

Whatever does happen with Warburton - if the club twists it needs to be a new face. From a QPR perspective, I will always love Ian Holloway to bits but I'd never go back to him again. Same goes for Warnock.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:53 - Apr 6 with 1897 viewsTheChef

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:50 - Apr 6 by slmrstid

Agreed - its over 10 years ago now.

Whatever does happen with Warburton - if the club twists it needs to be a new face. From a QPR perspective, I will always love Ian Holloway to bits but I'd never go back to him again. Same goes for Warnock.

Yeah as a general rule, never go back.

I mean, look at Charlie Austin.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 19:29 - Apr 6 with 1583 viewsPunteR

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 13:55 - Apr 6 by dmm

Should be my new Hooj Choons avatar.. :)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 20:22 - Apr 6 with 1504 views1JD

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 12:25 - Apr 6 by PinnerPaul

OR 20 players getting a 4K per week increase - you can't put the whole increase down to new players. Plus there is the difference between outgoing and incoming salaries.

I'm sticking with guesswork.

Only chair signed a recent contract extension (and presumably pay rise), so that doesn’t make any sense. It’s a strawman argument.

20 odd players are hardly going to be offered pay rises Willy nilly as you are alluding to. That’s what contract renegotiations and agents are for. And we haven’t renegotiated and extended any apart from Chair.

As they say, ignorance is bliss. Let’s revisit this when the accounts are posted for this season and another large multi-million increase occurs.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 20:22 - Apr 6 with 1503 viewsManinBlack

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 06:56 - Apr 6 by Damo1962

Apologies then

As I said previously it is futile speculating whether Warbs will go and who will replace him. We are not privy to any of it and we will have no say in who the next manager is likely to be. It matters not what I think or who I would like next season. If the club dispense with Warbs and appoint Bielsa or Eustace, or Warnock, or Farke, or Fiona Bruce there is nothing we can do about it.

The only influence fans have is if they repeatedly chant Warbs out holding up banners throughout a game which could sway the board to get rid. On the other hand fans can go to the remaining home games and chant for Warbs showing they want him to stay to show the board Warbs is still backed by the fans.

It is just wasting energy arguing about who should lead us next season as the board will do what they want.

On a brighter note Chelsea are losing.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 00:18 - Apr 7 with 1336 viewsDejR_vu

Some short memories on here. JFH boring the absolute t1ts off everyone every single game. Holloway’s tombola, ranting like a lunatic at fans who left early v Brentford. Schteeve, enough said.

Warburton has been a breath of fresh air. By and large, we’ve played better football, on a fraction of the budget, than any of his predecessors. He’s a decent human being, in the crosshairs because of raised expectations brought about by the fantastic job he’s done.

Be careful what you wish for.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024