Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton, Stick or twist? 19:06 - Apr 2 with 67889 viewsRangersDave

Ok, so we arent doing as well as most of us thought we would.

However, we all know we should have had a new striker in during the last window, but didnt and this appears it might have been a mistake.

If form continues the way it is, Stoke etc will beat us, and we will be almost where we were last season......ergo no real improvement, and a squad thats fat, old, lazy, or comtractually obliged to play every game.

However, next season will need more players, as some will be leaving us, so who do you want to pick those players and next seasons formations?

So, do we keep Warburton (Stick) or do we get rid (twist)

I will start this........ Twist

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:18 - Apr 4 with 2308 viewsdaveB

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:38 - Apr 4 by DannytheR

Just as important is who the manager is next season is whether we go back to what we were led to believe was the whole foundation of the club these days, which is finding and developing younger players and hidden gems to a) ideally get us into the top 6 themselves or b) make us some significant money either way.

Every bit as disappointing as recent results and performances has been us slipping back into bad habits with our recrutiment. First we give a pair old warhorses a classic one last payday, which has backfired massively with Johansen and Austin. Then we go back to stuffing the squad (and starting 11) with disinterested, sub-par loanees from the Premiership. I thought we were done with all that bullsht, and it would be really fascinating to know where the impetus for it was coming from within the club.

Warburton's clearly made a series of big and often baffling mistakes in the last couple of months, and yeah, there's an argument that his whole approach is now a season out of date given how badly we cope with pressing teams and how unfit we often look. But again, that's not going be helped by having a team full of injury-prone 35 year olds and 30 year olds who play like they're 80.

Doesn't matter if it's Warburton in charge or not if we're going to continue to act like a poundshop version of the Redknapp era.

Are Sam Field, Jimmy Dunne, Chris Willock, Rob Dickie, Andre Dozzell, Luke Amos and Lyndon Dykes not young players we are developing?

I find the criticism of signing Austin and Johansen bizarre to be honest, they were must haves a few months ago, neither of them have been very good this season but the club were right to sign them both imo.

The turnaround last year came from getting in experienced loan players to add to the squad so it shouldn't be a huge shock that they did the same a again a year later. Calling this a pound shop version of the Redknapp era is absolute cobblers.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 22:21]
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:34 - Apr 4 with 2212 views0hwestlondon

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:59 - Apr 4 by davman

Can't disagree with any of this.

It is always so, so sad when it comes to this. Managers (apart from Venables) are sacked when the team has stopped performing.

He isn't gone yet, but something has not been quite right since the AFCON. Can't figure what that is, but the spark has gone. Austin seemed like a positive spark when he came back last season and it looked like whether he was on the pitch or not, he'd been a catalyst for team spirit, but no. Johansson is undoubtedly a class act, but his spark seems to have gone. Chair, youthful exuberance buzzing around the pitch early season making us tick; now not in the Morocco team and he just doesn't look like he is enjoying himself (which is a positive by the way, because if he was enjoying this shite, I'd worry).

We felt like a youthful team early season, but as Danny says, we feel like a bunch of old farts now, tired, slow, running down time 'til the contract is up.

Saturday wasn't that bad outside of their box, but we did not look like scoring or creating anything as we haven't for a few weeks now.

I thought Warbs needed to stay as it looked like he was building something, but I think that one or two of the walls have fallen down. Can he rebuild?

I hope so, but as I say, when we get to this point, it is so sad because to get here the team must be doing badly. And we are.

Just think a few weeks ago Clive said that the form of the team in 19th would likely get us in to the playoffs. So typical that we surpass tyhat by being 24th in the form table.

And to top it all I had to watch the red n' blue poo to play that way without Eze.

DEPRESSING.

I would say losing Dieng has been a big factor in our seasons decline. We went from a nailed on starter, a keeper the players trust and know to a 3rd choice emergency, to a 4th choice emergency signing in a throw of a dart.

It's unprecedented what happened in our keeper department, no doubt its had a big affect on the players. People underestimate how important it is having a solid number 1.

But of course that is not the only reason, when a team stops creating chances comes into it too. What we need now is the sh*t or bust mentality of playing all out attack for the rest of the season.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:37 - Apr 4 with 2204 views1JD

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:18 - Apr 4 by daveB

Are Sam Field, Jimmy Dunne, Chris Willock, Rob Dickie, Andre Dozzell, Luke Amos and Lyndon Dykes not young players we are developing?

I find the criticism of signing Austin and Johansen bizarre to be honest, they were must haves a few months ago, neither of them have been very good this season but the club were right to sign them both imo.

The turnaround last year came from getting in experienced loan players to add to the squad so it shouldn't be a huge shock that they did the same a again a year later. Calling this a pound shop version of the Redknapp era is absolute cobblers.

All players listed have been bought by the club. The club previously stated they would both buy and bring through young players.

But where have the next Josh Bowler, Darnell Furlong, Ryan Manning, Ebere Eze, Ilias Chair got to? It’s dried up. And in its place, we have bought in a bunch of old, slow, half-arsed “senior pros” on big wages, which have not delivered a return on investment, but massively increased the wage bill.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:39 - Apr 4 with 2197 viewsDannytheR

We bought Amos, Dykes, Willock and Dickie two years ago. Dozzell's been little more than a bit player, and even more so since Hendrick turned up.

Not sure how you can argue that the club were right to sign Austin and Johansen given how consistently poor they've been. Or was the plan that they would be that bad? You can argue that they'd done brilliantly on loan (which they did) and that we'd all have moaned had they not been signed permanently (which we would have). But it was obviously the wrong decision because they've then both proved a waste of resources. I don't mean to dig out people at the club, but it's their job to make better decisions than that.

It would also be a lot easier to take it in stride if we had anyone coming through the youth set-up, but when was the last time an U23 even looked like getting near the team? Again, that's supposed to be absolutely central to our whole MO. What's happened?

Problem is, I say all this as a huge fan of Les and Chris Ramsey (dating back to when that was not as fashionable as it is now), and someone with a lot of time for Warburton. So if I'm moved to start moaning like this, it really might be a sign something's gone tits up.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 22:44]
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:48 - Apr 4 with 2165 viewsdaveB

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:39 - Apr 4 by DannytheR

We bought Amos, Dykes, Willock and Dickie two years ago. Dozzell's been little more than a bit player, and even more so since Hendrick turned up.

Not sure how you can argue that the club were right to sign Austin and Johansen given how consistently poor they've been. Or was the plan that they would be that bad? You can argue that they'd done brilliantly on loan (which they did) and that we'd all have moaned had they not been signed permanently (which we would have). But it was obviously the wrong decision because they've then both proved a waste of resources. I don't mean to dig out people at the club, but it's their job to make better decisions than that.

It would also be a lot easier to take it in stride if we had anyone coming through the youth set-up, but when was the last time an U23 even looked like getting near the team? Again, that's supposed to be absolutely central to our whole MO. What's happened?

Problem is, I say all this as a huge fan of Les and Chris Ramsey (dating back to when that was not as fashionable as it is now), and someone with a lot of time for Warburton. So if I'm moved to start moaning like this, it really might be a sign something's gone tits up.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 22:44]

Those younger players are all still part of the team though, I just think it's harsh to say it's back to being like under Redknapp, the bulk of the team is still young players. Dozzell has 12/13 starts this season which is more than I think most expected him to have last summer.

On the Austin/Johansen deals at the time they were 2 obvious signings and the club were right to get them. Johansen has been fine for most of the season, not reached last years heights but been far from terrible. Austin has had a poor season by his standards but still scored some important goals for us. Of course if you had a time machine you would go back and say Ok leave those 2 and we'll get someone else but then would the feel good factor have been so positive at the start of the season if we hadn't signed them.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:52 - Apr 4 with 2154 viewsdaveB

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:37 - Apr 4 by 1JD

All players listed have been bought by the club. The club previously stated they would both buy and bring through young players.

But where have the next Josh Bowler, Darnell Furlong, Ryan Manning, Ebere Eze, Ilias Chair got to? It’s dried up. And in its place, we have bought in a bunch of old, slow, half-arsed “senior pros” on big wages, which have not delivered a return on investment, but massively increased the wage bill.

Well I'd like to see more come through but you are never going to bring 2/3 through every season. If you can get 1 or 2 into the first team every 2 years you are doing well. I won't pretend to have much knowledge about the players in our under 18's/23's but I'm not sure you can say it's dried up we do seem to have a few promising ones who will hopefully break into the first team squad next season
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:04 - Apr 4 with 2107 views1JD

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:52 - Apr 4 by daveB

Well I'd like to see more come through but you are never going to bring 2/3 through every season. If you can get 1 or 2 into the first team every 2 years you are doing well. I won't pretend to have much knowledge about the players in our under 18's/23's but I'm not sure you can say it's dried up we do seem to have a few promising ones who will hopefully break into the first team squad next season

But we were bringing through 2-3 per season. Lumley, Furlong, Manning. Then Chair, Eze. Then Dieng. Then pretty much nothing now for 2 seasons running.

It’s dried up.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:18 - Apr 4 with 2069 viewsdaveB

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:04 - Apr 4 by 1JD

But we were bringing through 2-3 per season. Lumley, Furlong, Manning. Then Chair, Eze. Then Dieng. Then pretty much nothing now for 2 seasons running.

It’s dried up.

Lumley, Furlong, Chair and Deing were all the club a few years with several loan moves before breaking through and we do have quite a few out on loan at the moment following a similar path. Maybe it has all dried up and we'll not see anyone else come though but I think it's too early to tell on that front.
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:22 - Apr 4 with 2062 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:04 - Apr 4 by 1JD

It’s dried up.

I've often wondered if the purchase and development of the training ground has had an effect on budgets for the development squad.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:23 - Apr 4 with 2057 viewsT_Block

The problem with forums like this is that very few opinions written on here by non-professional 'fans' are ones that any of the management team presently at the club or past managers (eg Holloway ) would agree with.I would bet not even the other managers in the division would agree with.
As a manager all your buys are gambles.Looking at it of the forwards only really Dykes has been successful.Austin looks permanently injured.Gray is inconsistent.
I would argue that Dykes not playing really much at all since christmas has been at the problem.He stopped other teams from pressing high and compressing midfield.It was a wonder we continued to win so many games without him.This is a credit to Warburton and the creative midfield he has created with Willock ,Chair, Field ,Amos and when fit and in form Johansen.
Further under Warburton a defence has beed rebuilt with the fantastic development of dickie and Dunne,the form of the under appreciated Barbet and when fit Wallace.
Not forgetting Seny Dieng.Four bastard goalkeepers injured.You try coping with that.

Stick or twist

Warburton in 18 months has completely rebuilt the side.Most independent observers would regard sacking him a gross act of stupidity." Those QPR fans just do not know how lucky they are" Stick or twist -are they stupid?

Now these players with a couple of exceptions are young and getting better.

If you lose 2 of your strikers between January and March however good you are you have a problem.
However you shuffle the pack you are going to be playing players who are not used to each other and are trying a system with a little less fluency.Generally a team can take one or two changes.Warburton has had to juggle 3,4,and 5 enforced changes.

Stick or twist

Stick or twist is such a demeaning response to a man who with a limited budget has bought the first genuine hope to Rangers fans everywhere in years.Now hands up who thought QPR would get promoted with this side.We all know the forward line is limited.IE it has no f***** pace.Field has only played a season ,Amos has not even managed that.Dickie two seasons, Dunne has become our best defender in the last six months.Willock gone from quite good to arguably the most out and out creative midfielder in the division.Not all oldies have become injured and under-performed-Albert?Though Mark Warburton is right older players need rest, cheaper yes but cannot always play.Beggars cannot be choosers.

Look we need at least two young forwards who will develop.The rest is developing nicely.This Queens Park Rangers feels like the one i grew up with in 70's,80's and 90"s.5th lowest budget .Stick or twist we are not in relegation fight.I thought we would be.

You have no idea how lucky we have all been this season.Lucky to have Warburton as manager.Lucky ,Lucky Lucky

What do you want? Most fans are whiners with the emotional maturity of a 9 year old child when it comes to football.Mummy i just want my team to win.Who wins a lot oh yes Chelsea,Man Utd,Liverpool I will support them .Its all so knee -jerk.

Losing 2-3 million a year, have to sell to balance the books,5th lowest budget.You are looking at a league 1 side,15,000 gates if you are lucky

I know I have an idea stick or twist - i will sack the manager

that always works.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:26 - Apr 4 with 2045 views1JD

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:48 - Apr 4 by daveB

Those younger players are all still part of the team though, I just think it's harsh to say it's back to being like under Redknapp, the bulk of the team is still young players. Dozzell has 12/13 starts this season which is more than I think most expected him to have last summer.

On the Austin/Johansen deals at the time they were 2 obvious signings and the club were right to get them. Johansen has been fine for most of the season, not reached last years heights but been far from terrible. Austin has had a poor season by his standards but still scored some important goals for us. Of course if you had a time machine you would go back and say Ok leave those 2 and we'll get someone else but then would the feel good factor have been so positive at the start of the season if we hadn't signed them.

Johansen has been average to poor for the entirety of this season. On 10k a week it might be palatable. On 20k plus, it is absolutely not.

Off the ball he lets people run off him for fun, swans around with a half-arsed jog, and points fingers at his team mates like he is some sort of a conductor. Run here, run there. Might help if you actually lead by example Stefan. On the ball he continuously goes backwards and sideways to the three centre halves, going absolutely nowhere.

Unfortunately Warburton has kept him in the side at all costs, not something that I imagine has gone down well with team morale. If I, and many others can see it, his team mates certainly can.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:48 - Apr 4 with 1987 viewsdaveB

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:26 - Apr 4 by 1JD

Johansen has been average to poor for the entirety of this season. On 10k a week it might be palatable. On 20k plus, it is absolutely not.

Off the ball he lets people run off him for fun, swans around with a half-arsed jog, and points fingers at his team mates like he is some sort of a conductor. Run here, run there. Might help if you actually lead by example Stefan. On the ball he continuously goes backwards and sideways to the three centre halves, going absolutely nowhere.

Unfortunately Warburton has kept him in the side at all costs, not something that I imagine has gone down well with team morale. If I, and many others can see it, his team mates certainly can.

I've no idea what his wages are but would be surprised if anyone was on 20k a week at the moment
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 00:40 - Apr 5 with 1911 viewsPunteR

Yeh agree with Daveb . I think we had a good mix of experience, which is essential at this level and young players.
Injuries havnt helpeď but I wouldn't say the personnel is wrong. Is it Warburtons fault that maybe the emerging youth players are not good enough for the first team?.
I do think tactics and team selections including subs and timings of subs haven't been good enough recently but what do I know?.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 00:47 - Apr 5 with 1901 viewsLoftgirl

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 12:59 - Apr 4 by TacticalR

Of course getting into the top 6 is possible, but is it likely? We are currently bottom of the Championship form table.

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 02:07 - Apr 5 with 1867 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 00:47 - Apr 5 by Loftgirl

Is that Alison Moyet I adore her voice on songs like Love Resurrection or as my American boss calls it love erection . We need one or the other tomorrow night
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:18 - Apr 5 with 1671 viewsTheChef

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 02:07 - Apr 5 by CLAREMAN1995

Is that Alison Moyet I adore her voice on songs like Love Resurrection or as my American boss calls it love erection . We need one or the other tomorrow night

Ooof Love Resurrection, absolute banger.

"Yeah Alison love, we could film this in a field near Basildon, but would you mind hanging out in a Bedouin tent for a month instead?"

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:20 - Apr 5 with 1665 viewsTheChef

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:38 - Apr 4 by DannytheR

Just as important is who the manager is next season is whether we go back to what we were led to believe was the whole foundation of the club these days, which is finding and developing younger players and hidden gems to a) ideally get us into the top 6 themselves or b) make us some significant money either way.

Every bit as disappointing as recent results and performances has been us slipping back into bad habits with our recrutiment. First we give a pair old warhorses a classic one last payday, which has backfired massively with Johansen and Austin. Then we go back to stuffing the squad (and starting 11) with disinterested, sub-par loanees from the Premiership. I thought we were done with all that bullsht, and it would be really fascinating to know where the impetus for it was coming from within the club.

Warburton's clearly made a series of big and often baffling mistakes in the last couple of months, and yeah, there's an argument that his whole approach is now a season out of date given how badly we cope with pressing teams and how unfit we often look. But again, that's not going be helped by having a team full of injury-prone 35 year olds and 30 year olds who play like they're 80.

Doesn't matter if it's Warburton in charge or not if we're going to continue to act like a poundshop version of the Redknapp era.

We've been awful since Chair got back from AFCON.

IT'S ALL HIS FAULT!!!!!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:38 - Apr 5 with 1634 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree broadly.

Wasn't in favour of the permanent Austin signing, but I was hugely in favour of the JoJo perm.

Definitely was worried about the Hendrick loan signing, but liked the Gray signing.

Even if I was in favour of all four individual deals I still wouldn't have considered it a regression to the bad old days. I still consider us a club who develops young players, but a bit of experience to help them develop is a wise and plausible strategy.

Perhaps the needle has swung slightly too far the other way, but only a hair.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 10:08]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:39 - Apr 5 with 1633 viewsHooparoo

I just can’t see how Ruben et al will want to keep spending millions on a mid table championship club. Would you?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:12 - Apr 5 with 1576 viewsBAWHoops

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:23 - Apr 4 by T_Block

The problem with forums like this is that very few opinions written on here by non-professional 'fans' are ones that any of the management team presently at the club or past managers (eg Holloway ) would agree with.I would bet not even the other managers in the division would agree with.
As a manager all your buys are gambles.Looking at it of the forwards only really Dykes has been successful.Austin looks permanently injured.Gray is inconsistent.
I would argue that Dykes not playing really much at all since christmas has been at the problem.He stopped other teams from pressing high and compressing midfield.It was a wonder we continued to win so many games without him.This is a credit to Warburton and the creative midfield he has created with Willock ,Chair, Field ,Amos and when fit and in form Johansen.
Further under Warburton a defence has beed rebuilt with the fantastic development of dickie and Dunne,the form of the under appreciated Barbet and when fit Wallace.
Not forgetting Seny Dieng.Four bastard goalkeepers injured.You try coping with that.

Stick or twist

Warburton in 18 months has completely rebuilt the side.Most independent observers would regard sacking him a gross act of stupidity." Those QPR fans just do not know how lucky they are" Stick or twist -are they stupid?

Now these players with a couple of exceptions are young and getting better.

If you lose 2 of your strikers between January and March however good you are you have a problem.
However you shuffle the pack you are going to be playing players who are not used to each other and are trying a system with a little less fluency.Generally a team can take one or two changes.Warburton has had to juggle 3,4,and 5 enforced changes.

Stick or twist

Stick or twist is such a demeaning response to a man who with a limited budget has bought the first genuine hope to Rangers fans everywhere in years.Now hands up who thought QPR would get promoted with this side.We all know the forward line is limited.IE it has no f***** pace.Field has only played a season ,Amos has not even managed that.Dickie two seasons, Dunne has become our best defender in the last six months.Willock gone from quite good to arguably the most out and out creative midfielder in the division.Not all oldies have become injured and under-performed-Albert?Though Mark Warburton is right older players need rest, cheaper yes but cannot always play.Beggars cannot be choosers.

Look we need at least two young forwards who will develop.The rest is developing nicely.This Queens Park Rangers feels like the one i grew up with in 70's,80's and 90"s.5th lowest budget .Stick or twist we are not in relegation fight.I thought we would be.

You have no idea how lucky we have all been this season.Lucky to have Warburton as manager.Lucky ,Lucky Lucky

What do you want? Most fans are whiners with the emotional maturity of a 9 year old child when it comes to football.Mummy i just want my team to win.Who wins a lot oh yes Chelsea,Man Utd,Liverpool I will support them .Its all so knee -jerk.

Losing 2-3 million a year, have to sell to balance the books,5th lowest budget.You are looking at a league 1 side,15,000 gates if you are lucky

I know I have an idea stick or twist - i will sack the manager

that always works.

Great post

I'm all for sticking with the manager as something is being built holistically here.

I do think that if his contract is up in the summer and he doesn't get 5 positive results from the remaining 7 games they'll shake hands and go separate ways.

For the first time in forever we have tons of sellable assets to cash in on and help remodel the side
If they need to raise £10m then they can name their price for Dieng, Dickie, Willock, Chair until they hit that figure.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:45 - Apr 5 with 1487 viewsdaveB

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:39 - Apr 5 by Hooparoo

I just can’t see how Ruben et al will want to keep spending millions on a mid table championship club. Would you?

The lack of offering any contracts until the summer is a bit of a concern to be honest, I've been trying to ignore that all season and can see some logic behind it in that we didn't know what division we would be in but when you add the manager into the mix as well it does look like it will be all change in a few weeks
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:58 - Apr 5 with 1434 viewsdaveB

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:38 - Apr 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree broadly.

Wasn't in favour of the permanent Austin signing, but I was hugely in favour of the JoJo perm.

Definitely was worried about the Hendrick loan signing, but liked the Gray signing.

Even if I was in favour of all four individual deals I still wouldn't have considered it a regression to the bad old days. I still consider us a club who develops young players, but a bit of experience to help them develop is a wise and plausible strategy.

Perhaps the needle has swung slightly too far the other way, but only a hair.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 10:08]

I think we are all in danger of over thinking things (not aimed at you Brian more a general point).

Losing 4 goalkeepers for the run in plus Willock on top of losing 2 of the 3 strikers to covid/injuries for 4/5 games have had a big impact. It's real fine margins this season. That Adomah goal not given against Hull and not playing like clowns in the second half against Cardiff and Peterbrough and most people would be happy with the season. Those things went wrong for us and everything is shit and everything is wrong.

On the transfer side Hendrick didn't look a great signing but Sanderson ticked every box similar to Sam Field a year ago and has been pretty poor so far, I don't think many people expected that.

It is interesting that last summers transfer business was lauded at the time but you look back now and with De Wijs and Austin not having a great season and Johansen not doing much either it no longer looks that impressive but I find it hard too be too critical of those signings as I was over the moon with them at the time so I'd be an absolute hypocrite to say well I knew it would go wrong
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:01 - Apr 5 with 1429 viewsrobith

Sorry but Austin and Johansen were key parts of a dramatic turn around in form last season, and the fans were baying for their signings. To suddenly call it "pound shop Redknapp"is revisionism of the highest order.

My understanding also is that Gray was meant to be a free transfer, but last minute Watford for whatever reason preferred to make it a loan. I imagine he'll sign permanently in the summer
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:10 - Apr 5 with 1398 viewsnix

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:58 - Apr 5 by daveB

I think we are all in danger of over thinking things (not aimed at you Brian more a general point).

Losing 4 goalkeepers for the run in plus Willock on top of losing 2 of the 3 strikers to covid/injuries for 4/5 games have had a big impact. It's real fine margins this season. That Adomah goal not given against Hull and not playing like clowns in the second half against Cardiff and Peterbrough and most people would be happy with the season. Those things went wrong for us and everything is shit and everything is wrong.

On the transfer side Hendrick didn't look a great signing but Sanderson ticked every box similar to Sam Field a year ago and has been pretty poor so far, I don't think many people expected that.

It is interesting that last summers transfer business was lauded at the time but you look back now and with De Wijs and Austin not having a great season and Johansen not doing much either it no longer looks that impressive but I find it hard too be too critical of those signings as I was over the moon with them at the time so I'd be an absolute hypocrite to say well I knew it would go wrong

I don't think you're alone Dave. People were telling the Board to back the manager by getting Johansen and Austin on board.

I also thought Sanderson would be a great signing. He looked by far and away their best player when we played Birmingham. I really don't know what's happened. He's been okay and good at times but not consistently good. But I couldn't have anticipated that and I'm not sure the manager and the board could have either.

The injuries, particularly to Seny and Willock, have killed us. I also think we missed on points when we had four fullbacks out at the same time earlier in the season and lost Field for the first half of the season and Dykes for a large part of the season too. Most teams would be affected if they lost four goalies in a row (it's bound to unsettle the defence when they' keep having to get to know someone new) and then their most creative midfielder.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:15 - Apr 5 with 1367 viewsRs_Holy

No Pre-Match Video from Warbs.... just saying
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024