Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton, Stick or twist? 19:06 - Apr 2 with 67885 viewsRangersDave

Ok, so we arent doing as well as most of us thought we would.

However, we all know we should have had a new striker in during the last window, but didnt and this appears it might have been a mistake.

If form continues the way it is, Stoke etc will beat us, and we will be almost where we were last season......ergo no real improvement, and a squad thats fat, old, lazy, or comtractually obliged to play every game.

However, next season will need more players, as some will be leaving us, so who do you want to pick those players and next seasons formations?

So, do we keep Warburton (Stick) or do we get rid (twist)

I will start this........ Twist

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:32 - Apr 3 with 3107 viewshighleverhoopL

Stick for all the many reasons stated by others but with the caveat that I would be happy for him to move to DoF and someone take over as manager who believes in moving the ball forward more quickly. I can't shake the feeling that this group of players would have achieved more if we'd been willing to do that....Warbsball has its limits especially for a club with our resources
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:40 - Apr 3 with 3058 viewsgobbles

Stick, obviously.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:43 - Apr 3 with 2860 viewsBenny_the_Ball

He's earned the right to see the job out until the end of the season, then the board can review.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:55 - Apr 3 with 2839 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Twist, because of the debacle since January. Even yesterday, our best two players were two he's continually ignored - and he dropped our best defender. But with our board, I don't think it really matters anyway.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 15:00 - Apr 3 with 2849 viewsQPR_Jim

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:43 - Apr 3 by Benny_the_Ball

He's earned the right to see the job out until the end of the season, then the board can review.

Agreed. Not sure what's happened/happening behind the scenes, if anything but we're not going to fix it by sacking him now, if he needs sacking at all. If the answer is to replace him we're better off doing it at the end of the season when we have time to plan who replaces him.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 15:42 - Apr 3 with 2777 views0hwestlondon

After the Peterborough defeat my emotions were running high, I was in the twist camp that day. But since then and having a think about it, I say stick.

I'm hoping that in 100 years time the club still exists even though none of us will be around then to see if it is still in existence. Bear with me. The reason i say this is because, we need to stop thinking in the short term, let's think in the really long term. Let's become a club that over the next decades becomes known as a development club of youngsters from across the UK and further afield. I'd be just as satisfied to see us develop many players who go on to be top pros in the Premier league, than just being a Premier league side hoping to avoid relegation.

So give Warburton a ten year contract. Build that new academy and training ground and be a club with a philosophy that managers work to. Not a club that works to a managers philosophy. After all time is on the clubs side, so like the Orange one had, let's get a plan, but one that lasts for decades not just four years.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 16:18 - Apr 3 with 2693 viewsT_Block

In principle good idea, but but look at the opinions put forward on this Forum-you would get shouted down so quickly sensible ideas like yours would not last a season.

A lot of fans do not get the situation the club is in, blank out the limitations and difficulties and actually believe changing a manager will change anything.Same old ,same old.Reminds me of Einstein's suppossed definition of madness 'endlessly repeating the same thing hoping for a different result'.
It doesn't work-it just doesn't work and I am so sick and tired of the same old crap posted after a poor result.
A mid table club that is losing a few million quid a year that has to sell to survive.What chances does it have?It has to risk buying young player (18,19?) based upon potential and continually unearth gems just to keep going.It is probably more important to have a backroom team who are good at identifying talent and a coach who can develop talent than anything.
Come on, think about it and please do not come up with some pointless unhelpful knee-jerk rubbish about stick or twist

And yes you are correct Brian McCarthy stupid people are allowed their say.They are still stupid people with ill-considered vacuous, literally pointless opinions that only encouragethe rest of the same ilk.If they are that disappointed i think it would be best for them to go and support Chelsea.They regularly change mangers and succeed.Then their comments would actually have some relevance
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 17:39 - Apr 3 with 2604 viewsThe_Beast1976

Can't believe the question has even been asked. Look forward to seeing what he does with the squad over the Summer and our charge towards challenging for a top 2 place next season.
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 17:54 - Apr 3 with 2557 viewsdistortR

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 17:39 - Apr 3 by The_Beast1976

Can't believe the question has even been asked. Look forward to seeing what he does with the squad over the Summer and our charge towards challenging for a top 2 place next season.

Ha ha, I like Warbs, but find your last sentence your least believable yet!
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 18:14 - Apr 3 with 2496 viewsNorthantsHoop

Stick with Mark Warburton, done wonders with a limited budget and given more stability to the club. One of his strengths has made us more competitive away from home. Been unlucky with injuries to key players since January, although was suprised by the decision to let de wijs to go out on loan and get in Sanderson who has been poor.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 18:15 - Apr 3 with 2490 viewsQPROslo

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 01:56 - Apr 3 by VancouverHoop

Hendrick has been a mistake, admittedly. Can understand why we wanted someone with experience whem Johansen wasn't playing much, Lee was injured a lot, Charlie wasn't really playing. I think we'd tried for other players but couldn't get them.

If Johansen leaves (when's his contract up?) Then Hendrick might make more sense. He and Charlie need to be replaced. They've run out of road here, unless they move into coaching positions which might work.

Johansen limped off yesterday having looked far off his best. I expect Hendrick to replace him Tuesday.

Stick.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 18:27 - Apr 3 with 2451 views0hwestlondon

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 16:18 - Apr 3 by T_Block

In principle good idea, but but look at the opinions put forward on this Forum-you would get shouted down so quickly sensible ideas like yours would not last a season.

A lot of fans do not get the situation the club is in, blank out the limitations and difficulties and actually believe changing a manager will change anything.Same old ,same old.Reminds me of Einstein's suppossed definition of madness 'endlessly repeating the same thing hoping for a different result'.
It doesn't work-it just doesn't work and I am so sick and tired of the same old crap posted after a poor result.
A mid table club that is losing a few million quid a year that has to sell to survive.What chances does it have?It has to risk buying young player (18,19?) based upon potential and continually unearth gems just to keep going.It is probably more important to have a backroom team who are good at identifying talent and a coach who can develop talent than anything.
Come on, think about it and please do not come up with some pointless unhelpful knee-jerk rubbish about stick or twist

And yes you are correct Brian McCarthy stupid people are allowed their say.They are still stupid people with ill-considered vacuous, literally pointless opinions that only encouragethe rest of the same ilk.If they are that disappointed i think it would be best for them to go and support Chelsea.They regularly change mangers and succeed.Then their comments would actually have some relevance

Like you say go and support that lot with the Russian Roubles. We need a proper philosophy as a club. Buy young, sell young. I found it embarrassing when we was trying to buy success. Why do fans think that is the way forward for a small club like ours.

We should embrace the fact we are a small club. For many years we punched above our weight by buying unknowns and turning them into good players. Few examples through the decades. Sibley, Marsh, Bowles, Parkes Roeder, Clive Allen, Stainrod, Bannister, Mcdonald, Seaman, Parker, Peacocks, Darren and Gavin, Ferdinand, Sinclair. Just a few names of many. We used to do it, let's be that club again. Too many with Zero patience. The Premier is not going anywhere for years, the championship is a great league, what's the rush.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 19:36 - Apr 3 with 2325 viewsRs_Holy

stick
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 20:15 - Apr 3 with 2213 viewsdigswellhoop

we arent good or have a strong enough squad to go up we arent going down so see where we are at end of season and WHOwould want to manage us ?????
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:15 - Apr 3 with 2077 viewsdaveB

We should be waiting until the summer then deciding. I'd stick with Warburton but we need to finish the season well, if we continue to freefall and performances don't improve then they will sack him.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:18 - Apr 3 with 1978 viewsted_hendrix

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:15 - Apr 3 by daveB

We should be waiting until the summer then deciding. I'd stick with Warburton but we need to finish the season well, if we continue to freefall and performances don't improve then they will sack him.

* if we continue to freefall and performances don't improve then they will sack him.*

I hope not, we're all peed off at the moment, If anyone should get the sack It's a few of our players.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:19 - Apr 3 with 1978 viewsPeterHucker

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:15 - Apr 3 by daveB

Very true.

There’s absolutely no point changing manager now.
Our current League position is about right.
Let’s face it, none of our 3 strikers have had a decent run of form all season. We are a far better team when both Chair and Willock are on song, but that hasn’t really happened since before Christmas.

Isn’t MW out of contract in the summer anyway? I’d sit down with him then & have a cards on the table talk about where we go from here.
We need to keep the sensible financial restrictions we have in place. Running the club in sustainable way is the main thing. Keep doing that, sell 1 or 2 players each year to keep things ticking over, scout & recruit well the next Dickie / Chair / Willock / Dykes / Dieng / Dunne and I’m sure the general upward trend under Warburton / Sir Les / Hoos etc will continue.
If MW wants to go elsewhere in the summer then fine. But the replacement must be someone else who comes in with a full understanding of the way our club is currently run. We can’t have another McLaren or similar setting us back years
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:25 - Apr 3 with 1956 viewsnumptydumpty

The fact is if you get rid, you have to have a credible alternative that has been well thought out and fits the plan for the next couple of seasons at the very least.

So Warburton has developed a decent squad that will be top half again this season more than likely. That has been very competitive until few weeks ago. That has had bad luck with injuries and to key players being unavailable for long periods of time and simply due to overachieving ie almost even looking competitive for even automatic promotion to running out steam.

If that's failure and shows no long term improvement then my names Prince Charles.

I am not betrothed to a Duchess btw !!!

If people say twist, what's the strategy going forward ie the next man needs a two year mandate minimum and an expected progression and the knowledge of the tools he will have to achieve it.

Doubt its even been considered so getting rid would be way too Kneejerk.

If it happened would be bit peeved in polite terminology....

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:36 - Apr 3 with 1937 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"And yes you are correct Brian McCarthy stupid people are allowed their say."

That's not what I said at all, T_Block.
Not sure where you got that from.

I said the following:

"I think it's a legitimate conversation to have - in a pub, at work or on a forum.
I personally hope he stays, but it's a legitimate question to ask."

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:55 - Apr 3 with 1891 viewsDamo1962

You really are a self-righteous gobshite.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 00:07 - Apr 4 with 1866 viewsDamo1962

Stick with him, as I doubt anyone else will massively improve us. But if we don't get another point this season...the owners may twist. They are not ploughing millions into the club just to fund mediocrity - I know I wouldn't if it was my money. I think Warburton needs to look at form and performances at LR, which have been pretty patchy under his tenure. He has made us tougher on the road, but season tickets are the most important things at the moment for our club. Fix that, and he is doing a decent job of it.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:18 - Apr 4 with 1720 viewsTheChef

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 14:55 - Apr 3 by Wegerles_Stairs

Twist, because of the debacle since January. Even yesterday, our best two players were two he's continually ignored - and he dropped our best defender. But with our board, I don't think it really matters anyway.

Do you ever post on here when we win a game, or are doing well?

Fairly sure I've never seen you and stainrods_elbow in the same room.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:39 - Apr 4 with 1691 viewsPinnerPaul

In any other walk of life this would be a nonsense question, of course we should stick.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 13:35]
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:11 - Apr 4 with 1654 viewsdaveB

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:19 - Apr 3 by PeterHucker

Very true.

There’s absolutely no point changing manager now.
Our current League position is about right.
Let’s face it, none of our 3 strikers have had a decent run of form all season. We are a far better team when both Chair and Willock are on song, but that hasn’t really happened since before Christmas.

Isn’t MW out of contract in the summer anyway? I’d sit down with him then & have a cards on the table talk about where we go from here.
We need to keep the sensible financial restrictions we have in place. Running the club in sustainable way is the main thing. Keep doing that, sell 1 or 2 players each year to keep things ticking over, scout & recruit well the next Dickie / Chair / Willock / Dykes / Dieng / Dunne and I’m sure the general upward trend under Warburton / Sir Les / Hoos etc will continue.
If MW wants to go elsewhere in the summer then fine. But the replacement must be someone else who comes in with a full understanding of the way our club is currently run. We can’t have another McLaren or similar setting us back years

He signed a new contract last summer so think he has 2 more years.

Ignore that as I'm completely wrong
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 10:41]
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 10:17 - Apr 4 with 1643 viewsWatfordR

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 09:39 - Apr 4 by PinnerPaul

In any other walk of life this would be a nonsense question, of course we should stick.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 13:35]

100% agree, can't even believe there's a conversation to be had.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024