Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Next? 16:49 - Nov 26 with 55563 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Assuming he’s gone, realistic appointment?
[Post edited 26 Nov 2022 16:51]
Who Next? on 20:01 - Nov 27 with 3005 viewsLoyalitat

Who Next? on 19:56 - Nov 27 by CliveWilsonSaid

Do we need any more chicanery?

Who Next? on 22:22 - Nov 27 with 2693 viewsNorthernr

Who Next? on 14:18 - Nov 27 by Lblock

I see nobody has mentioned Chris Wilder

Funny old game Saint!!!

18 months ago we would’ve walked through broken glass for him!!!

That's because the amount we can pay managers, the amount we can give managers to spend, and the looming "you're going to have to sell your best players" FFP situation means people like him, Dyche etc are miles out of our league. Might be wrong, hope I am, because I love Wilder, but it's a brave or desperate man who takes this job now.
Who Next? on 22:29 - Nov 27 with 2647 viewsLongsufferingR

Stefan Johansen - discuss....
Who Next? on 22:42 - Nov 27 with 2571 viewsNorthernr

Who Next? on 22:29 - Nov 27 by LongsufferingR

Stefan Johansen - discuss....

As manager? I mean quite apart from his biscuit knees, he's an odd fella.
Who Next? on 22:43 - Nov 27 with 2558 viewsSonofpugwash

Can we have the Morocco manager please?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Who Next? on 22:46 - Nov 27 with 2559 viewsLongsufferingR

Who Next? on 22:42 - Nov 27 by Northernr

As manager? I mean quite apart from his biscuit knees, he's an odd fella.

Odd would be my number one requirement.
Who Next? on 23:21 - Nov 27 with 2473 viewsdaveB

Who Next? on 22:22 - Nov 27 by Northernr

That's because the amount we can pay managers, the amount we can give managers to spend, and the looming "you're going to have to sell your best players" FFP situation means people like him, Dyche etc are miles out of our league. Might be wrong, hope I am, because I love Wilder, but it's a brave or desperate man who takes this job now.

I still think it's a good job to take, a decent squad some exciting players and in a decent position in the league. We'll have plenty of people interested
Who Next? on 23:22 - Nov 27 with 2470 viewswombat

Who Next? on 20:01 - Nov 27 by Loyalitat

Hopefully the corners would improve

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

Who Next? on 23:43 - Nov 27 with 2415 viewsNorthernr

Who Next? on 23:21 - Nov 27 by daveB

I still think it's a good job to take, a decent squad some exciting players and in a decent position in the league. We'll have plenty of people interested

It's a promising team.

I'd like to improve it, maybe x, maybe z, maybe y.

That's great, no money for that.

Ok.

Also, the bits of the team that make it promising, we need to sell that, and we need to sell that in THIS market, and we need to do that in the next transfer window or the one after that, otherwise midway through next season this promising team with issues is going to be a promising team with issues and a ten point deduction.

It's not an attractive job. Beale only took it because they promised they wouldn't sell Chair, Dieng, Willock this season, and a release clause the cost of a round in the Crown.
Who Next? on 23:51 - Nov 27 with 2378 viewsstainrods_elbow

Who Next? on 22:22 - Nov 27 by Northernr

Small but rather important point: Has it been offically confirmed that he's off then, Clive (and umpteen others)?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Who Next? on 23:53 - Nov 27 with 2373 viewsstainrods_elbow

Who Next? on 23:43 - Nov 27 by Northernr

It's a promising team.

Ok.

Also, the bits of the team that make it promising, we need to sell that, and we need to sell that in THIS market, and we need to do that in the next transfer window or the one after that, otherwise midway through next season this promising team with issues is going to be a promising team with issues and a ten point deduction.

It's not an attractive job. Beale only took it because they promised they wouldn't sell Chair, Dieng, Willock this season, and a release clause the cost of a round in the Crown.

Doomily true, probably.

What's the point of supporting a pro football team again?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Who Next? on 23:55 - Nov 27 with 2378 viewsNorthernr

Who Next? on 23:53 - Nov 27 by stainrods_elbow

Doomily true, probably.

What's the point of supporting a pro football team again?

A rare moment of public agreement between you and I. At this point, in our circumstance, in this sport, in this situation, I don't know. May as well go and open a fcking bicycle shop.
Who Next? on 23:58 - Nov 27 with 2362 viewsSharpy36

It's a promising team.

Ok.

Not really up to date with all this ffp malarky, and the picture you paint hardly fills me with joy. Are we as a club within this financial mire, going to see this happening until the end of time ?. If so what`s the point

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Who Next? on 00:05 - Nov 28 with 2346 viewsNorthernr

Who Next? on 23:58 - Nov 27 by Sharpy36

Not really up to date with all this ffp malarky, and the picture you paint hardly fills me with joy. Are we as a club within this financial mire, going to see this happening until the end of time ?. If so what`s the point

Yes. And I don't know.

The bit the "sign a fcking striker" people on social media and this message board don't grasp, refuse to grasp, is the rules of the competition we play in, and the amount of money QPR costs just to exist in this stadium.

Eze should have a fcking statue. That money got us through Covid, and so much more.

Last summer we spent money, we spent money on players everybody wanted, we backed the manager. Johansen, Gray, Austin, Field, De Wijs, Dunne, Dozzell, McCallum. That was popular, but it was expensive.

If we don't sell somebody in January or next summer, for serious money, we're in trouble. And if you're trying to appoint a manager and your pitch is 'we need you to sell £10m worth of player in the next two windows', that's not much of a pitch.
Who Next? on 00:19 - Nov 28 with 2322 viewsAntti_Heinola

Who Next? on 00:05 - Nov 28 by Northernr

Yes. And I don't know.

The bit the "sign a fcking striker" people on social media and this message board don't grasp, refuse to grasp, is the rules of the competition we play in, and the amount of money QPR costs just to exist in this stadium.

Eze should have a fcking statue. That money got us through Covid, and so much more.

Last summer we spent money, we spent money on players everybody wanted, we backed the manager. Johansen, Gray, Austin, Field, De Wijs, Dunne, Dozzell, McCallum. That was popular, but it was expensive.

If we don't sell somebody in January or next summer, for serious money, we're in trouble. And if you're trying to appoint a manager and your pitch is 'we need you to sell £10m worth of player in the next two windows', that's not much of a pitch.

managers need work.
we've been a (mostly) exciting team to watch for a few years now.
You have a genuine shot at the play offs with this squad
The owners are sound
New training ground
At every single club bar about 5 you're pretty likely to have to sell one of your best fairly regularly. That's football, and for all the bleating, pretty much always has been.
Squad is in good shape.
Points already on the board.

A lot of managers would kill for that set up. I know you're upset, but you're only seeing one side of this.

Bare bones.

Who Next? on 00:33 - Nov 28 with 2290 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who Next? on 00:05 - Nov 28 by Northernr

Yes. And I don't know.

I’m not saying he’s my bag, but fck me Ainsworth fits the bill for this scenario.
Who Next? on 00:35 - Nov 28 with 2285 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who Next? on 00:19 - Nov 28 by Antti_Heinola

managers need work.
The owners are sound
New training ground
At every single club bar about 5 you're pretty likely to have to sell one of your best fairly regularly. That's football, and for all the bleating, pretty much always has been.
Squad is in good shape.

A lot of managers would kill for that set up. I know you're upset, but you're only seeing one side of this.

Neil Critchley for this one.
Who Next? on 02:23 - Nov 28 with 2201 viewsNorthernr

Who Next? on 00:19 - Nov 28 by Antti_Heinola

managers need work.
The owners are sound
New training ground
Squad is in good shape.

I'm not upset, I'm like the little man in the crow's nest on the Titanic frantically waggling his bell around wondering why nobody is listening.

We'll get a manager, of course we'll get a manager. Critchley, very good, we'd have all liked that in the summer.

But please, please listen to me here...
Who Next? on 04:52 - Nov 28 with 2113 viewsvanrrrr

Who Next? on 02:23 - Nov 28 by Northernr

I'm not upset, I'm like the little man in the crow's nest on the Titanic frantically waggling his bell around wondering why nobody is listening.

We'll get a manager, of course we'll get a manager. Critchley, very good, we'd have all liked that in the summer.

i thought it was bad. but not that bad… I thought I had read that there were moves to relax FFP?

Any light at the end of the tunnel or are we fcked and left praying for a fluked promotion?
Who Next? on 07:42 - Nov 28 with 1948 viewsBAWHoops

Did we all not already know that unless we went up Willock, Chair, Dieng we’re going?
Hopefully we have enough next season to tick along and start the rebuild again.

Feels like we are closer to the Play Offs post Eze, Bright, Manning, Wells.

Another round of trading is needed as we surely all know that unless we sell we die

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Who Next? on 08:20 - Nov 28 with 1868 viewsdaveB

It's a promising team.

Ok.

Didn't they say the release clause qwas 1.5million?

For an out of work manager at our level those financial restrictions are going to be at pretty much every club. Selling a Dieng, Willock or Chair should be seen as an opportunity rather than a doom and gloom scenario
Who Next? on 08:26 - Nov 28 with 1847 viewstraininvain

Maybe I’m in denial but I don’t see much difference between Critchley and Beale. Same coaching background and Critchley has more experience managing in the Championship.

It’s disruptive to lose our manager at this stage in the season but we were hardly setting the world alight before the World Cup break.

Hopefully we can get Critchley (or someone else) in asap so that he can get some time with the players on the training pitch.
Who Next? on 08:28 - Nov 28 with 1843 viewsRs_Holy

Okay Clive you know more about Critchley than me. I look at the table and Blackpool and second from bottom and have lost 4 on the trot. Why is he so good?
Who Next? on 08:34 - Nov 28 with 1824 viewsJamesB1979

Who Next? on 08:28 - Nov 28 by Rs_Holy

Okay Clive you know more about Critchley than me. I look at the table and Blackpool and second from bottom and have lost 4 on the trot. Why is he so good?

Well he left Blackpool job in June so not sure we can pin Blackpool current league position on him.
Who Next? on 08:38 - Nov 28 with 1799 viewsRs_Holy

Who Next? on 08:34 - Nov 28 by JamesB1979

Well he left Blackpool job in June so not sure we can pin Blackpool current league position on him.

I just burst out laughing.... its a Monday and I obviously haven't had enough coffee.... DOH!!!
[Post edited 28 Nov 2022 8:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024