Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Next? 16:49 - Nov 26 with 56896 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Assuming he’s gone, realistic appointment?
[Post edited 26 Nov 2022 16:51]
Who Next? on 12:09 - Nov 28 with 3800 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Critchley as no compensation fee, and highly rated. Considering he was target number 1, until Beale slithered in and wowed them with bullsh#t and waffle, I'd say he's a shoe in.
Who Next? on 12:32 - Nov 28 with 3597 viewsJamesB1979

Who Next? on 12:07 - Nov 28 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah, it was not a totally serious post ;) Neither is mentioning that not a single QPR fan had any issues with Beale leaving Villa after only about 7 months to come to us. But nuance is important of course ;)

I’d say important “nuance” is that he worked with Gerrard for 4 years and effectively followed him from Rangers to Villa. Gerrard brought Beale with him. So it’s more his time as Assistant to Gerrard that’s important.
Who Next? on 12:33 - Nov 28 with 3592 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who Next? on 12:09 - Nov 28 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Critchley as no compensation fee, and highly rated. Considering he was target number 1, until Beale slithered in and wowed them with bullsh#t and waffle, I'd say he's a shoe in.

We shoo Managers in.
We shoe them out.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Who Next? on 12:45 - Nov 28 with 3503 viewsR_from_afar

Who Next? on 09:23 - Nov 28 by hubble

I quite like the cut of Liam Manning's jib. Gotta be a decent contender?

This season has, thus far, been a disaster for the MK Dons, and they are in the drop zone, six points from safety, although they have a game in hand.

It's hard to tell how much of that is Manning's fault though; one of my friends is a MK Dons fan and tells me they sold some of their best players, including their best striker, Scott Twine.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Who Next? on 12:49 - Nov 28 with 3453 viewsfrancisbowles

Who Next? on 12:09 - Nov 28 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Agree, but maybe a lower league manager might settle for a lower wage and we pay a relatively small amount of compensation, so we save towards P&S (FFP).
Who Next? on 12:50 - Nov 28 with 3449 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who Next? on 12:08 - Nov 28 by denhamhoop2

Not sure quite who we can actually afford I like the look of Mark Bonner at Cambridge and working to a budget and maybe our ex boy Marcus Bignot who has Solihull Moors punching way above their level in the Vanarama National League

Bignot got himself into some Ag recently.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/12040/12572870/marcus-bignot-birming
Who Next? on 12:55 - Nov 28 with 3411 viewsBucksRanger

Who Next? on 12:49 - Nov 28 by francisbowles

Agree, but maybe a lower league manager might settle for a lower wage and we pay a relatively small amount of compensation, so we save towards P&S (FFP).

Stockport County's assistant manager would be my choice.
Who Next? on 13:18 - Nov 28 with 3287 viewsBerkoRanger

Who Next? on 12:55 - Nov 28 by BucksRanger

Just looked that up and thought Yes Please!!!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Who Next? on 13:28 - Nov 28 with 3219 viewsR_from_afar

Who Next? on 11:10 - Nov 28 by loftboy

Love Gazza to bits but have you watched wycombes style of play?

I've been to quite a lot of their games since Gareth became manager because they are local to me and my best mate has a season ticket there. I last saw them live in October.

The football isn't prehistoric, long ball stuff. They do like to get it forward quickly, especially down the wings, and do tend to have a tall targetman to play off, usually Vokes at the moment, but they have other attacking players who are quick and keep it on the deck. They don't usually pass for the sake of it, they pass with purpose, and are prepared to soak up pressure when the other team has the ball.

They defend as a team and the levels of effort, determination and concentration are impressive. At home at least, they never seem to be out of the game until the final whistle is blown.

That said, Gareth is not my choice, I think some fans will regard him as underqualified and not progressive enough and I really don't want to see another Rangers legend's reputation torched.

Critchley sounds good, or as I have said before, our former defender Ian Evatt apparently plays attractive, progressive football and has managed to drag Bolton out of the doldrums and back into League 1, where they are currently in a play-off berth. His win rate as a manager is very high.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Who Next? on 13:32 - Nov 28 with 3157 viewsHayesender

If what Clive is saying about our FFP situation is true, we're gonna be looking at appointing someone either very brave, or very desperate

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Who Next? on 13:38 - Nov 28 with 3111 viewsaston_hoop

I suppose since Beale and Critchley are good mates, they'll have talked and Critchley will already know the reasons why Beale was so desperate to get out of the club. So on that basis, I'd not be surprised if we have Paul Hall and/or Chris Ramsey in charge v Burnley

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Who Next? on 13:39 - Nov 28 with 3103 viewskingsburyR

Who Next? on 12:05 - Nov 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

My head says Critchley.

My heart says Ainsworth.

My lower bowel / rectum is all about Tim Sherwood.

What bit of your body shouts Joey Barton?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Who Next? on 13:42 - Nov 28 with 3046 viewspaulhoop2

Karl Robinson for me.

Plus very good friends with sir les and the board and always admitted his London team is us.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Who Next? on 13:42 - Nov 28 with 3041 viewsCamberleyR

Who Next? on 13:38 - Nov 28 by aston_hoop

I suppose since Beale and Critchley are good mates, they'll have talked and Critchley will already know the reasons why Beale was so desperate to get out of the club. So on that basis, I'd not be surprised if we have Paul Hall and/or Chris Ramsey in charge v Burnley

Leam Richardson?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Who Next? on 13:54 - Nov 28 with 2938 viewsLogman

Leam Richardson was very complimentary about us in his press conference when we beat them at HR 5 weeks ago. Suspiciously so.
Who Next? on 14:16 - Nov 28 with 2806 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Who Next? on 12:55 - Nov 28 by BucksRanger

Any idea why he no longer works with Barton, apart from the obvious?
Who Next? on 14:23 - Nov 28 with 2758 viewsHayesender

Who Next? on 14:16 - Nov 28 by Welsh_Ranger

There was a rumour it was Hills wife who called the police on Barton, when he allegedly head butted his wife

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Who Next? on 14:24 - Nov 28 with 2724 viewsMatch82

Who Next? on 12:07 - Nov 28 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah, it was not a totally serious post ;) Neither is mentioning that not a single QPR fan had any issues with Beale leaving Villa after only about 7 months to come to us. But nuance is important of course ;)

Bit different taking a first managerial position, but should perhaps have been our first warning about loyalty
Who Next? on 14:24 - Nov 28 with 2725 viewsQPROslo

Who Next? on 09:40 - Nov 28 by hertshoops

Would think Critchley is a shoe in given the lack of compensation needed - Beale's compo would then give Hoos a bit more ffp headroom

How about Mark Robins from Coventry ? Experienced championship manager, can put together a team on a small budget, plays good football (I've only ever seen them beat us)

Beale I'm over already. I'm more concerned at rumours of backroom staff moving with him, which we need to replace at short notice will be pretty disruptive for the team

Obviously they're welcome to our 'setpiece coach', but given his recent interview I wouldn't want Belk to go

With you on Robins.. Trouble is he signed a new contract with Cov in May apparently so I guess he woulnt come free even if he wanted to leave them for us, which without knowing how happy or not he is there must be doubtful.
Who Next? on 14:24 - Nov 28 with 2719 viewsaston_hoop

Who Next? on 14:16 - Nov 28 by Welsh_Ranger

I believe he wanted to move back up north with his family, the relocation to Bristol was a bit too much. Working with Dave Challinor instead who was an old teammate from his Tranmere days

Who Next? on 14:25 - Nov 28 with 2705 viewsaston_hoop

Who Next? on 13:42 - Nov 28 by CamberleyR

Leam Richardson?

He's one of the better options I think. Looking at his career to date, I hope he can handle being outside of Lancashire though!....well that said, most of the league are there anyway so he'll be back home every few weeks

Who Next? on 14:45 - Nov 28 with 2581 viewsstantheman10

Who Next? on 17:09 - Nov 26 by terryb

How much compensation would we receive for Beale?

Would it be more than we would have to pay Plymouth or Ipswich for their managers?

My expectation would be Critchley.

Why would the Ipswich manager leave a team 2nd in League 1 with 28,000 home crowds to come to us!
Ipswich have way more potential than us
Who Next? on 15:59 - Nov 28 with 2266 viewsSharpy36

How`s about Duncan Ferguson ?

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Who Next? on 16:03 - Nov 28 with 2242 viewsDamo1962

Who Next? on 00:33 - Nov 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m not saying he’s my bag, but fck me Ainsworth fits the bill for this scenario.

He's my bag. Loves the club,and In our financial situation...may bring a bit of reality. We are always saying we are a soft touch, Gareth will change that. He will realise that you need to earn the right to play "football". We won't be challenging at the top no matter who takes the job, but I want us to be a team that others don't see as pussies.
Who Next? on 16:10 - Nov 28 with 2181 viewsDamo1962

Who Next? on 13:28 - Nov 28 by R_from_afar

I've been to quite a lot of their games since Gareth became manager because they are local to me and my best mate has a season ticket there. I last saw them live in October.

The football isn't prehistoric, long ball stuff. They do like to get it forward quickly, especially down the wings, and do tend to have a tall targetman to play off, usually Vokes at the moment, but they have other attacking players who are quick and keep it on the deck. They don't usually pass for the sake of it, they pass with purpose, and are prepared to soak up pressure when the other team has the ball.

They defend as a team and the levels of effort, determination and concentration are impressive. At home at least, they never seem to be out of the game until the final whistle is blown.

That said, Gareth is not my choice, I think some fans will regard him as underqualified and not progressive enough and I really don't want to see another Rangers legend's reputation torched.

Critchley sounds good, or as I have said before, our former defender Ian Evatt apparently plays attractive, progressive football and has managed to drag Bolton out of the doldrums and back into League 1, where they are currently in a play-off berth. His win rate as a manager is very high.

You've sold Gareth to me 🤔🙂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024