Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Next? 16:49 - Nov 26 with 55608 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Assuming he’s gone, realistic appointment?
[Post edited 26 Nov 2022 16:51]
Who Next? on 08:45 - Nov 28 with 3045 viewsdsw2509

Time for Gareth Ainsworth-assuming he wants the job.
Who Next? on 08:48 - Nov 28 with 3014 viewsJamesB1979

Who Next? on 08:38 - Nov 28 by Rs_Holy

I just burst out laughing.... its a Monday and I obviously haven't had enough coffee.... DOH!!!
[Post edited 28 Nov 2022 8:40]

Out of work, did brilliantly at at a club with no money in the championship, highly regarded with jobs at Villa and Liverpool and seems we’d already interviewed him . Ticks a lot of boxes. As long as his first words aren’t, “I’ve been thinking about a release clause and I’ve put together a few clubs in this book that I want included…”….I’d just give him job.

The other positive is, maybe our poor run was due to Beale basically not being committed and knowing he was off.
Who Next? on 08:56 - Nov 28 with 2966 viewsdaveB

Who Next? on 04:52 - Nov 28 by vanrrrr

i thought it was bad. but not that bad… I thought I had read that there were moves to relax FFP?

Any light at the end of the tunnel or are we fcked and left praying for a fluked promotion?

That is the great unkown i that Premier League want to amend thw ffp rules in line with the premier league and reduce parachute payments, who knows if that will go through
Who Next? on 08:56 - Nov 28 with 2967 viewsRs_Holy

Who Next? on 08:48 - Nov 28 by JamesB1979

Out of work, did brilliantly at at a club with no money in the championship, highly regarded with jobs at Villa and Liverpool and seems we’d already interviewed him . Ticks a lot of boxes. As long as his first words aren’t, “I’ve been thinking about a release clause and I’ve put together a few clubs in this book that I want included…”….I’d just give him job.

The other positive is, maybe our poor run was due to Beale basically not being committed and knowing he was off.

sounds good ... when can he start?
Who Next? on 08:58 - Nov 28 with 2941 viewsDWQPR

Who Next? on 08:48 - Nov 28 by JamesB1979

I have a gut feeling that given his ultra high opinion of himself that this may well have started to grate on the players, who frankly have succeeded more in football than PBBC given that they are championship players with some having PL experience. I know for me given his interviews of late after defeats and his appearance at Ibrox straight after the Birmingham game that I would start to get píssed off and wondering what he was all about. The bloke has obviously shown that he cannot be trusted and what he says you take with a large piece of salt and after the statement made after the Wolves approach no doubt the players would have known more about whether he had spoken with them, as word certainly would have got around. We are better off without Mr Integrity as a club for the longer term and if we get someone like Critchley then I suspect that he is a person who will not advertise his opinions of himself.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Who Next? on 09:23 - Nov 28 with 2834 viewshubble

I quite like the cut of Liam Manning's jib. Gotta be a decent contender?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Who Next? on 09:40 - Nov 28 with 2745 viewshertshoops

Would think Critchley is a shoe in given the lack of compensation needed - Beale's compo would then give Hoos a bit more ffp headroom

How about Mark Robins from Coventry ? Experienced championship manager, can put together a team on a small budget, plays good football (I've only ever seen them beat us)

Beale I'm over already. I'm more concerned at rumours of backroom staff moving with him, which we need to replace at short notice will be pretty disruptive for the team

Obviously they're welcome to our 'setpiece coach', but given his recent interview I wouldn't want Belk to go
Who Next? on 09:45 - Nov 28 with 2725 viewsterryb

Who Next? on 00:33 - Nov 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m not saying he’s my bag, but fck me Ainsworth fits the bill for this scenario.

I doubt that supporters of any other club would sugest Gareth.

It is probably unfair on him, but I don't think his name has appeared on the radar of any Championship club appointing a manager.

We need need income & we are receiving compensation for Beale. I can't imagine the club spending a penny of that fee on appointing a manager if it can be avoided.

There is also the time factor. We play Burnley in two weeks time & ideally the new man in charge will arrive this week. That surely means appointing someone who is currently unattached.
Login to get fewer ads

Who Next? on 09:46 - Nov 28 with 2723 viewsBlackCrowe

Matt Hancock gets my vote.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Who Next? on 09:51 - Nov 28 with 2702 viewsRs_Holy

Who Next? on 09:45 - Nov 28 by terryb

I doubt that supporters of any other club would sugest Gareth.

It is probably unfair on him, but I don't think his name has appeared on the radar of any Championship club appointing a manager.

We need need income & we are receiving compensation for Beale. I can't imagine the club spending a penny of that fee on appointing a manager if it can be avoided.

There is also the time factor. We play Burnley in two weeks time & ideally the new man in charge will arrive this week. That surely means appointing someone who is currently unattached.

Absolutely... Need someone asap if the the rumours of Beale taking all his backroom staff with him are true!
Who Next? on 10:38 - Nov 28 with 2576 viewsRangersDave

Gareth Southgate will probably available very soon ;-)

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Who Next? on 10:51 - Nov 28 with 2514 viewsAntti_Heinola

The irony of some fans on here suggesting we poach a manager from another club!

Bare bones.

Who Next? on 10:54 - Nov 28 with 2474 viewsRangersw12

Who Next? on 10:51 - Nov 28 by Antti_Heinola

Have those managers released a statement in the last 4 weeks that they are loyal bla bla?

Personaly I would go for Critchley
Who Next? on 11:07 - Nov 28 with 2428 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Like others have said, it’s not the leaving that’s the issue.

This isn’t a Terry Venables situation.

It’s about the integrity bullshit, the (alleged) self touting via Powerpoint, and the wooing of Gers directors in the directors box v Aberdeen.

That’s my view anyway.
Who Next? on 11:09 - Nov 28 with 2405 viewshubble

True - I'm guilty of that! But it's football, innit. Like love and war, all things are fair to a football fan, when it comes to their team.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Who Next? on 11:10 - Nov 28 with 2391 viewsloftboy

Who Next? on 08:45 - Nov 28 by dsw2509

Time for Gareth Ainsworth-assuming he wants the job.

Love Gazza to bits but have you watched wycombes style of play?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Who Next? on 11:13 - Nov 28 with 2366 viewsHunterhoop

Who Next? on 11:07 - Nov 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

It’s about the integrity bullshit, the (alleged) self touting via Powerpoint, and the wooing of Gers directors in the directors box v Aberdeen.

That’s my view anyway.

Yeah, I’m not sure what’s so hard to understand about that. Managers leave clubs for other clubs regularly, just not a few weeks after talking about integrity, seeing the project through, being committed, etc. And they usually aren’t visiting the club they move to publicly in the between period giving a ppt presentation about how wonderful they are.

He’s entitled to look after no. 1. But we’re also entitled to think he’s a lying, self-serving pr*ck for saying one thing whilst doing the complete other, possibly destabilising the team and club in the process.

Sadly it appears he did talk too good a game to be true.
Who Next? on 11:15 - Nov 28 with 2351 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who Next? on 11:10 - Nov 28 by loftboy

Love Gazza to bits but have you watched wycombes style of play?

A Wycombe regular I know says this is a bit of a myth nowadays and was only the case in the early days.

I just don’t think he has a pedigree of the modern wholesale holistic development of the club that a Beale or Critchley might deliver.

Would be exciting having him back though. Wouldn’t be gutted.
Who Next? on 11:30 - Nov 28 with 2271 viewssoops

Who Next? on 11:15 - Nov 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

A Wycombe regular I know says this is a bit of a myth nowadays and was only the case in the early days.

I just don’t think he has a pedigree of the modern wholesale holistic development of the club that a Beale or Critchley might deliver.

Would be exciting having him back though. Wouldn’t be gutted.

I believe that's the criteria for the pool we are fishing in for a new manager - the best QPR can hope for is a 'wouldn't be gutted ' appointment
Who Next? on 11:38 - Nov 28 with 2214 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Such a sad state of affairs. I'm deeply concerned given reports that he'll decimate our coaching team also! Which means more upheaval.
Who Next? on 11:44 - Nov 28 with 2164 viewsLongsufferingR

Who Next? on 11:38 - Nov 28 by Welsh_Ranger

Such a sad state of affairs. I'm deeply concerned given reports that he'll decimate our coaching team also! Which means more upheaval.

Well he has my blessing to take the fcking set piece coach with him!
Who Next? on 11:57 - Nov 28 with 2076 viewsdm97

Surely we’re all critchley aren’t we? Similar style (high press/tempo/intensity when we’re playing well at least), similar grounding at Liverpool, similar in- game connections, no comp…if they go for anyone else that would be surprising?

Any mention of loyalty needs to be tempered, it doesn’t exist and Beale has mugged himself off trying to grow his personal brand a month ago. Would be unfair to lampoon Critchley with that imo
Who Next? on 12:05 - Nov 28 with 1998 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who Next? on 11:57 - Nov 28 by dm97

Surely we’re all critchley aren’t we? Similar style (high press/tempo/intensity when we’re playing well at least), similar grounding at Liverpool, similar in- game connections, no comp…if they go for anyone else that would be surprising?

Any mention of loyalty needs to be tempered, it doesn’t exist and Beale has mugged himself off trying to grow his personal brand a month ago. Would be unfair to lampoon Critchley with that imo

My head says Critchley.

My heart says Ainsworth.

My lower bowel / rectum is all about Tim Sherwood.
Who Next? on 12:07 - Nov 28 with 1956 viewsAntti_Heinola

Who Next? on 11:07 - Nov 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

That’s my view anyway.

Yeah, it was not a totally serious post ;) Neither is mentioning that not a single QPR fan had any issues with Beale leaving Villa after only about 7 months to come to us. But nuance is important of course ;)

Bare bones.

Who Next? on 12:08 - Nov 28 with 1936 viewsdenhamhoop2

Not sure quite who we can actually afford I like the look of Mark Bonner at Cambridge and working to a budget and maybe our ex boy Marcus Bignot who has Solihull Moors punching way above their level in the Vanarama National League
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024