Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what happens next? 20:46 - Feb 25 with 2171 viewsqprewan

Ok so we have all had our say on what we think should happen with HR, i was just interested in what people think will happen now. Is this all just a storm in a tea cup or has something significant changed? Personally, i think it is the latter- Just a few months ago TF went on record as saying that he wanted HR to stay at the club for years but on Friday there was that tweet and since then absolute silence even though rumours have been raging. As for Redknapp, he has been using his friends in the media to justify his own impeccable credentials. In mentioning the fact that we didnt get NTep and Belfodil he is also questioning whether TF is correct when he said that he had given the manager everything he wanted- to some extent he has a point in this as i myself do not understand why the club spent so much of the transfer window chasing these 2 only to pull out and fail at such a late stage but even so Harry is pushing it a bit given the amount of players he has been allowed to bring in.

In the short term I think that if we fail to win either of the next 2 or possibly 3 games and we continue to slide towards 7th place then TF will probably pull the trigger; if we do win then I think he will probably carry on but there does seem to be a general consensus among fans at least that he should go at the end of the season- though i guess this could change again if we do go up. Either way the Harry and Tony love in is no more, me thinks
So what happens next? on 21:51 - Feb 25 with 2118 viewsdaveB

I think it's pretty pointless changing managers at this stage of the season, I wouldn't be surprised if Rangers did sack Redknapp and hire someone else hoping for a short term fix but for me I'd stick with it until the end of the season.

I think Redknapp will retire at the end of the season anyway so spend the last few months of the season planning on who the next manager will be, speak to various managers and work out what we actually want rather than just go for the biggest name out of work.

I reckon we'll win at the weekend anyway
So what happens next? on 22:12 - Feb 25 with 2097 viewsessextaxiboy

Pointless sacking him now . The strategy for this season has been his and his staffs decisions. I think he should be allowed to succeed or fail with them .. I hope he succeeds . TBH .
So what happens next? on 22:39 - Feb 25 with 2055 viewsfrancisbowles

I don't think the current management team are still capable of finding the right tactics and motivation to get us playing to our potential. So the time for a change is very close. A new manager might provide the lift to get us back on track.
So what happens next? on 22:50 - Feb 25 with 2036 viewsLoftusRdW12

Yeah we could sack Redknapp. Galvinise the team for a few weeks/days. Get promoted. Then realise that to stay in the prem, we need exactly what we have now.

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

So what happens next? on 23:11 - Feb 25 with 2007 viewsderbyhoop

So what happens next? on 21:51 - Feb 25 by daveB

I think it's pretty pointless changing managers at this stage of the season, I wouldn't be surprised if Rangers did sack Redknapp and hire someone else hoping for a short term fix but for me I'd stick with it until the end of the season.

I think Redknapp will retire at the end of the season anyway so spend the last few months of the season planning on who the next manager will be, speak to various managers and work out what we actually want rather than just go for the biggest name out of work.

+1

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

So what happens next? on 23:38 - Feb 25 with 1971 viewsthemodfather

well, i suppose we now rally the troops, get behind the team, harry and co and hope for a win v leeds to get us going again....
So what happens next? on 23:46 - Feb 25 with 1959 viewsLoftusRdW12

So what happens next? on 23:38 - Feb 25 by themodfather

well, i suppose we now rally the troops, get behind the team, harry and co and hope for a win v leeds to get us going again....

That's my plan.

But what if we're 2-0 down at half-time v Leeds?

Wont be pretty!

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

So what happens next? on 07:45 - Feb 26 with 1832 viewsDejR_vu

Be interesting to see how the players react knowing the rumours that have been doing the rounds. Another insipid display will tell as everything we need to know about whether they are still playing for him or not.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

So what happens next? on 07:58 - Feb 26 with 1815 viewsdaveB

So what happens next? on 07:45 - Feb 26 by DejR_vu

Be interesting to see how the players react knowing the rumours that have been doing the rounds. Another insipid display will tell as everything we need to know about whether they are still playing for him or not.

You'd hope they would be playing for themselves and the club regardless of what they may or may not think of the manager but your probably right
So what happens next? on 08:20 - Feb 26 with 1781 viewsAgedR

I think I might take the radical approach of judging the team and manager's performance over the entire season, over the entire season.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

So what happens next? on 08:24 - Feb 26 with 1779 viewswood_hoop

So what happens next? on 21:51 - Feb 25 by daveB

Agree entirely with your summary, except the last line

The standard amongst many in this league is poor, so far it is as much individual performances that have gained our points, we may get lucky again and one or two do something that gets that early goal to galvinise a few of the others to actually earn their keep, some hope but who can really read just what some of the players are actually playing for.
So what happens next? on 08:37 - Feb 26 with 1768 viewsbeeeater

I think this has been brewing since last seaon. If it wasn't for MacClaren we wouldn't be where we are. Harry lost all interest when he didn't get the England job. It shows in his book that he is thoroughly pissed off with modern day footballers. I think he should go because attitude is filtering through to the team. We don't have the spirit to get promoted at this rate and it would be great waste considering we're still in an excellent position
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024