Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO 15:54 - Feb 1 with 11789 viewshoopdog

We're paying him ! he once was a great defender that read the game organized and held the defence for years at the highest level for Man /U and was a leader .
Seeing as our defence is as guilty if not more guilty than our attack for our position should he not be given a chance to have an input into coaching the defenders cos lets face it the way they are playing they are nothing short of a shambolic disgrace , Fans hurling abuse at them and them not being honest enough to admit they deserved the abuse at the end of the Hull game , yesterday 3 more defensive howlers , we are a side that always looks like they are on the brink of giving a goal away even when they seem to playing better , surely he could offer something it's got to be worth a shot the defence cant get any worse if we try
[Post edited 1 Feb 2015 15:58]
SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 23:47 - Feb 1 with 2406 viewsPunteR

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 23:36 - Feb 1 by Juzzie

I still dont get why he needs QPR to live back in London? They guy is a multi multi millionaire and could buy a house pretty much anywhere he likes outright and still have enough money left over to do what he wants. He doesnt need QPR with his history.

I think he genuinely thought this would be a good way to finish his career, at Rangers. I'm not sure he gave much thought whether this would be good for QPR though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 23:50 - Feb 1 with 2399 viewsSpiritofGregory

I still dont get why he needs QPR to live back in London? They guy is a multi multi millionaire and could buy a house pretty much anywhere he likes outright and still have enough money left over to do what he wants. He doesnt need QPR with his history.

I know he can afford to buy property but people with money want more. We gave him the package. Play another year in the Premier League, live in London and get paid stupid money. We also allowed him to carry out his punditry and God knows what else.

We always give and get nothing in return. He is a waste of space and a signing that shows the club and its chairman for what they really are - all gloss and no substance.
SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 01:10 - Feb 2 with 2370 views18StoneOfHoop

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 23:50 - Feb 1 by SpiritofGregory

I know he can afford to buy property but people with money want more. We gave him the package. Play another year in the Premier League, live in London and get paid stupid money. We also allowed him to carry out his punditry and God knows what else.

We always give and get nothing in return. He is a waste of space and a signing that shows the club and its chairman for what they really are - all gloss and no substance.

All YOU are is all sourness and zero positivity.

I know I should concentrate on the content of posts rather than the personality - or lack of one - behind them. It's not right,big or clever to get personal and to be fair SoG herself is never rude to other posters that I've seen.

BUT... 95% of her posts so nark me and wind me up.
They're nearly always of a negative or even nihilistic bent, slagging off all aspects of our club, and so against my better judgement I do get tempted to occasionally give a soft nip rather than a full bite.

I would hate to be a fan of the unrealistic retro-looking club SoG seems to so simplistically and relentlessly infer or propose.
All hard work and no money
Footballs mores* cannot be preserved in aspic,the genie is out the bottle. We cannot go back to a 1960's Alec Stock vintage Never-never-land of few foreigners,no players on more than a 100 pounds a week but plenty of brillcream and determination.The football equivalent of John Major's nostalgic yearning for "A country of long shadows on county cricket grounds, warm beer, green suburbs and dog lovers."

How about getting Steven Pressley in as manager,eh SoG?
Roaring success at Cov innee? Risible suggestion.
Another manager SoG admires is that miserable tart down the road, possibly the most successful manager in the world, you know the one, he of our most bitter and loathed rivals; that there Mr Maureenio. He of the pathetic flouncy pantomime siege mentality mind games. SoG in a recent thread expressed contempt for the vast majority of fellow QPR fans whom she sees as typical short-sighted self-defeating losers for not wishing or in fantasy contemplating that odious count to darken the doors of Loftus Road as manager.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*Definition of 'mores': 1)The fixed morally-binding customs of a particular group. 2)Prescribed and accepted conventions or modes of behaviour.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 9:03]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 08:35 - Feb 2 with 2309 viewsJamie

When he signed he said that he had been planning to retire but was convinced to play on for one more sentimental year back in London.

Even he knew he was finished.
SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 08:47 - Feb 2 with 2297 viewsDiscodroids

i remember enough people on here thinking it was a great signing .

as james corden would say on his fkn we buy any car.com adverts ..'they know who they are.'

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 08:52 - Feb 2 with 2299 viewsdaveB

If we had played a back 3 all season he was a decent signing as the third centre back imo but once we went back to a back four with no real protection in front of him then it quickly became a cock up. We've made worse and more expensive cock ups in the past but Redknapp putting his neck on the line to get Ferdinand has certainly cost him this transfer window as the board don't seem so keen to trust him this time
SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 09:14 - Feb 2 with 2281 viewsderbyhoop

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 21:05 - Feb 1 by Northernr

I don't disagree with you often but he couldn't get in the worst Man Utd team in living memory last season, and the press pinned it on Moyes. Moyes was right. His wages here are fcking extortionate. Just because they're half what he was on at Man Utd doesn't make them any less of a disgrace.

This was a guy who openly admits he was going to retire but wanted to move to London so we were a good option.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Rio made 23 appearances for United last season (14 in PL). According to a United supporter at work, they looked better with him than without. Everybody, except Harry, knew it was a risk.
At the time, despite my reservations, I thought, given the reported deal, it was a risk worth taking. Just about.

Did we need Rio to get Caulker? We have to ask (again?) how rigorous was the medical? Did they do any fitness tests? How did he compare with Dunne and Hill, who we thought were finished.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 09:15 - Feb 2 with 2281 viewsJamie

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 08:52 - Feb 2 by daveB

If we had played a back 3 all season he was a decent signing as the third centre back imo but once we went back to a back four with no real protection in front of him then it quickly became a cock up. We've made worse and more expensive cock ups in the past but Redknapp putting his neck on the line to get Ferdinand has certainly cost him this transfer window as the board don't seem so keen to trust him this time

He was just as shit in the 3 as in the 2.
Login to get fewer ads

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 09:23 - Feb 2 with 2267 viewsdaveB

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 09:15 - Feb 2 by Jamie

hard to judge when we switched from a back 3 after an hour of the Hull game and 45 mins of the Spurs one.I think given time with the team adjusting to the formation he might have done ok, we'll never know
SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 09:24 - Feb 2 with 2266 viewsdanehoop

Back to the original question. In terms of more powers, in a superhero kind of way, perhaps the power of flight or superspeed might be useful. Even more so perhaps some kind of super intelligence might help. Maybe age reversal at a squeeze.

In a political way, I think in a devolved regional administration covering London and the South East could see more powers for Rio as spokesman for disaffected Youth willing to pay stupid money for pointless merchandise.

Never knowingly understood

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 09:34 - Feb 2 with 2258 viewsQPunkR

If not bloody worse!

QPR - "shit but local"

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 09:50 - Feb 2 with 2245 viewsSpiritofGregory

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 01:10 - Feb 2 by 18StoneOfHoop

All YOU are is all sourness and zero positivity.

I know I should concentrate on the content of posts rather than the personality - or lack of one - behind them. It's not right,big or clever to get personal and to be fair SoG herself is never rude to other posters that I've seen.

BUT... 95% of her posts so nark me and wind me up.
They're nearly always of a negative or even nihilistic bent, slagging off all aspects of our club, and so against my better judgement I do get tempted to occasionally give a soft nip rather than a full bite.

I would hate to be a fan of the unrealistic retro-looking club SoG seems to so simplistically and relentlessly infer or propose.
All hard work and no money
Footballs mores* cannot be preserved in aspic,the genie is out the bottle. We cannot go back to a 1960's Alec Stock vintage Never-never-land of few foreigners,no players on more than a 100 pounds a week but plenty of brillcream and determination.The football equivalent of John Major's nostalgic yearning for "A country of long shadows on county cricket grounds, warm beer, green suburbs and dog lovers."

How about getting Steven Pressley in as manager,eh SoG?
Roaring success at Cov innee? Risible suggestion.
Another manager SoG admires is that miserable tart down the road, possibly the most successful manager in the world, you know the one, he of our most bitter and loathed rivals; that there Mr Maureenio. He of the pathetic flouncy pantomime siege mentality mind games. SoG in a recent thread expressed contempt for the vast majority of fellow QPR fans whom she sees as typical short-sighted self-defeating losers for not wishing or in fantasy contemplating that odious count to darken the doors of Loftus Road as manager.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*Definition of 'mores': 1)The fixed morally-binding customs of a particular group. 2)Prescribed and accepted conventions or modes of behaviour.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 9:03]

Negative. Of course I'm negative. We continue to have overpaid parasites at our cub, a chairman who bought shares in QPR, a Premier League club with low debt and now we are fighting Relegation AGAIN, face a huge FFP penalty and relegation to the Conference, Taken loans out against Loftus Rd, are approx £200m YES £200m!!! In debt. Despite constant promises, no new training ground, promises of a stadium (a property developer owns the land). But that's ok he likes a pint and talks to supporters down the pub - thick fans.

Tony said that we want young players to come through the ranks. How are you going to do that Tony if you don't have the right facilities? Do you realise the millions wasted on players like Ferdinand, SWP, Boswinga, Barton, Young .... could have funded state of the art training facilities.

That Ferdinand deal like countless other benefitted no one else but The player. There needs to be a dramatic change at the club if we are to move forward.
SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 10:15 - Feb 2 with 2222 viewsDiscodroids

nothing to do with hindsight. if i lay me 9 inches in a floury bap and whistle for peter mandleson i know whats coming, and it aint mustard and onions.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 10:16 - Feb 2 with 2218 viewsQPunkR

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 10:15 - Feb 2 by Discodroids

nothing to do with hindsight. if i lay me 9 inches in a floury bap and whistle for peter mandleson i know whats coming, and it aint mustard and onions.

WTF?! Brilliant!

QPR - "shit but local"

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 10:20 - Feb 2 with 2208 views18StoneOfHoop

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 09:50 - Feb 2 by SpiritofGregory

Negative. Of course I'm negative. We continue to have overpaid parasites at our cub, a chairman who bought shares in QPR, a Premier League club with low debt and now we are fighting Relegation AGAIN, face a huge FFP penalty and relegation to the Conference, Taken loans out against Loftus Rd, are approx £200m YES £200m!!! In debt. Despite constant promises, no new training ground, promises of a stadium (a property developer owns the land). But that's ok he likes a pint and talks to supporters down the pub - thick fans.

Tony said that we want young players to come through the ranks. How are you going to do that Tony if you don't have the right facilities? Do you realise the millions wasted on players like Ferdinand, SWP, Boswinga, Barton, Young .... could have funded state of the art training facilities.

That Ferdinand deal like countless other benefitted no one else but The player. There needs to be a dramatic change at the club if we are to move forward.

Good well reasoned post as much as I disagree with it. It IS all with the benefit of hindsight. Rio idea although expensive was - as Derby pointed out - not necessarily sheer madness. A mentor and leader for Caulker and the whole defence..that wasn't such a stupid idea as of August 2014..he impressed me with his motivation in the following vid:

Promoting his book or trousering more sponds was deffo not his reason for coming here. He loves playing football and asked senior figures in the game if he should go on playing...eg Gary Lineker,Mark Lawrenson et al who said 'keep playing until you drop'. He and we did not know just how much his powers had waned and how spit he would be.

Re my irritation with a particular poster:
(for those who don't give a flying..fair play, I'll try and knock on the head soon after this me v SoG [yawn] )

Oi vey,what can you do? Live and let live I s'pose.. under the LFW messageboard broad church of Rangers there's room for both our differng styles and beliefs. After all a tree can carry on thriving even with the invasive mistletoe parasite bringing it down.
Once again I continue to salute the way you never descend into flinging personal insults against those who disagree with you. [Please let that be enuff said,18 ]
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 12:01]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 10:24 - Feb 2 with 2006 viewsDiscodroids

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 10:16 - Feb 2 by QPunkR

WTF?! Brilliant!

this hindsight is a wonderful thing bollocks over the william burroughs of peckham, ive read it a few times on here.

lennie peters could have seen it coming in deep space while listening to 'greensleves' in derek bateys MR AND MRS Booth
[Post edited 2 Feb 2015 10:26]

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 11:00 - Feb 2 with 1976 viewsSomersetHoops

I can only think he just did what he was told at Manure, because if his judgement was that he could do a job for us its either non-existent or shot.

We don't need him in any position apart from cleaning the toilets - might as well get some value out of him. I was very wrong when I thought he might have been able to add something to our defence, which is pretty poor, but worse when Rio plays in it.

I'm really puzzled about what happens to players, coaches or chairmen when they join QPR, because almost every one of them gets worse as a result. Even some of our fans are, it seems, turning into a drug and alcohol fuelled aggressive rabble. Are we suffering from some kind of curse? Do we need a witch doctor to remove it before we can return to the lovable, friendly little club with loyal players and great fans that we once were?

Who's Next?

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 11:41 - Feb 2 with 1949 viewstoboboly

This. Sorry dave but with foresight a large number of people knew this was a new jo sung park in the making. Was dross in a back three, dross in a back four, he was fcking pathetic against Sheffield united. Terrible signing and ALL at QPR who ok'd the transfer need to be removed.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 11:48 - Feb 2 with 1939 viewshoopdog

I've read some of the posts about Rio's wages and his use to the playing side of the team
but none to what op asked could he offer anything to coaching the defenders seeing as he's being paid and not playing '
here we have 2 young centre backs who came here as players of potential both falling onto splinter duty and neither playing to their potential do they need guidance of course they do ,
We have 5 centre backs each one has been dropped clearly that tells me there is something badly wrong with the coaching set up , as I said he Rio is being paid by the club could his wages be put to some use by getting him involved with what's not working
SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 11:59 - Feb 2 with 1922 viewsQPunkR

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 11:48 - Feb 2 by hoopdog

I've read some of the posts about Rio's wages and his use to the playing side of the team
but none to what op asked could he offer anything to coaching the defenders seeing as he's being paid and not playing '
here we have 2 young centre backs who came here as players of potential both falling onto splinter duty and neither playing to their potential do they need guidance of course they do ,
We have 5 centre backs each one has been dropped clearly that tells me there is something badly wrong with the coaching set up , as I said he Rio is being paid by the club could his wages be put to some use by getting him involved with what's not working

Man alive. If he's been the worst of a poor bunch, how is he supposed to improve the others??

QPR - "shit but local"

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 12:02 - Feb 2 with 1911 viewswestberksr

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 11:48 - Feb 2 by hoopdog

i don't think Rio has ever shown any leanings towards coaching at all; does anyone know if he has any FA coaching badges pinned on those feckin caps of his?

the defender that has shown this in obvious situations is Clint Hill, right from his touchline involvement during the play offs and final whilst Harry seemed to be clueless. we ddidn't need Rio to organise a defence and coach it.

Rio might do a lot of good work for charidee in the SE postcodes but aside from the 352 idea was always going to be a disaster. TF kept on about signing yound & developing players from within; Rio is the complete opposite to this very suggestion.
SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 12:03 - Feb 2 with 1910 viewsdaveB

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 11:41 - Feb 2 by toboboly

This. Sorry dave but with foresight a large number of people knew this was a new jo sung park in the making. Was dross in a back three, dross in a back four, he was fcking pathetic against Sheffield united. Terrible signing and ALL at QPR who ok'd the transfer need to be removed.

I agree plenty said it would end like this but back in the summer with Caulker coming in plus with Ned in a back three I felt their pace and his experience could be a good thing and on half the wages of most of our squad he wasn't the worst signing we could make. Still even now when it clearly hasn't worked out it's not the most expensive cock up we've made which doesn't say a lot for the club.

I kind of hoped he's be similar to Dunne in doing a decent job for the team despite his best years being behind him but sadly he hasn't
SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 12:10 - Feb 2 with 1894 viewstoboboly

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 12:03 - Feb 2 by daveB

I agree plenty said it would end like this but back in the summer with Caulker coming in plus with Ned in a back three I felt their pace and his experience could be a good thing and on half the wages of most of our squad he wasn't the worst signing we could make. Still even now when it clearly hasn't worked out it's not the most expensive cock up we've made which doesn't say a lot for the club.

I kind of hoped he's be similar to Dunne in doing a decent job for the team despite his best years being behind him but sadly he hasn't

Although given how we should have learnt from past mistakes his hiring has been extremely expensive, due to our ill fated attempt to shoehorn him in we lost Simpson for peanuts, have had to rely on a mediocre Isla, have been forced to play Hill at left back 3 years after he was getting tortured at WBA because Traore and Yun are crap. It has cost us more than his obscene wages.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 12:11 - Feb 2 with 1892 viewsSpiritofGregory

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 12:03 - Feb 2 by daveB

His legs have gone. When your body is shot to pieces it's over. Same with Sandro, his knees are shot, he is extremely injury prone.

Amazing that the club can't even deal with simple medical facts. As for PR for the club who is Rio?
SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 12:16 - Feb 2 with 1885 viewshoopdog

SHOULD THERE BE MORE POWERS FOR RIO on 11:59 - Feb 2 by QPunkR

Man alive. If he's been the worst of a poor bunch, how is he supposed to improve the others??

Look I'm not defending him imo his legs are shot but I don't see him worse than any of the others as all have been dropped , even if he is the worse that shouldn't stop him from coaching after all the best managers this country has ever had wer'nt good player
Alick Ferguson
Bill Shankley
Bob Paisley
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024