Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not acceptable 21:52 - Sep 16 with 10425 viewsvegasranger

This squad has so much talent. Shouldn't be struggling at home to Blackburn with what, two shots on target? Only one substitution? Clueless b@stard !! Austin can't play up front on his own. Commentator said the back 4 had no real protection. That's with 2 defensive midfielders in front of them !! We need to find a system to suit what players we have. There is no excuse for this team not challenging for the Premier League.
Not acceptable on 09:20 - Sep 17 with 2512 viewsDiscodroids

Wonder how long Iron man Yun is out for?. .

With Konchesky leaving a snail trail of pie and mash Liquor behind him and Gregory Hines tap dancing his way up the line on the other side, we Might as well play 'KEYOP' from Battle of the Planets and 'marine Boy' at full back for all the threat they carry

[Post edited 17 Sep 2015 9:21]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Not acceptable on 09:21 - Sep 17 with 2510 viewsPunteR

Not acceptable on 09:03 - Sep 17 by TheBlob

"needs time"?He's 52 ffs and supposed to be a highly experienced individual,if he can't produce the goods now he never will.It's not the nuances that are lacking,it's the basics that should be instinctive but just aren't there.It looks and feels like a non-league outfit now.

"A non league outfit" Thats rubbish blob .
I wasnt refering to his age just the fact this is still a new team.
As GetMeRangers says-
Ned and Angel looked as if they had never played together, which in fairness they havent. Toszer and Henry dont work either. Will he persist with them or change it around again. Guess we will see Saturday.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2015 9:24]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Not acceptable on 09:29 - Sep 17 with 2488 viewsTheBlob

Not acceptable on 09:21 - Sep 17 by PunteR

"A non league outfit" Thats rubbish blob .
I wasnt refering to his age just the fact this is still a new team.
As GetMeRangers says-
Ned and Angel looked as if they had never played together, which in fairness they havent. Toszer and Henry dont work either. Will he persist with them or change it around again. Guess we will see Saturday.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2015 9:24]

I've seen better play in the non leagues.I think you've got to give the players some sort of credit - it looks as if it's the players themselves are utilising their experience rather than being coached.If you chuck 11 players on to a park they'll sort themselves out into a rough approximation of a football team - that's what it looks like at the moment.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Not acceptable on 09:30 - Sep 17 with 2486 views2Thomas2Bowles

Not acceptable on 09:13 - Sep 17 by TheBlob

Ain't got floodlights.

Candles

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Not acceptable on 09:31 - Sep 17 with 2481 viewsPunteR

Not acceptable on 09:12 - Sep 17 by johnhoop

Yeah, you're view is extremely skewed if you only saw the second half. If you'd witnessed that first half performance you'd have been losing the will to live by half-time.

Trust me mate,if you were stuck on the Great west road for an hour you'd be losing the will to live.

Not acceptable on 09:36 - Sep 17 with 2467 viewssimmo

Well this thread is lovely and inevitable lolz....

Firstly, there's no protection for the back 4 because althoguh we're playing 2 'defensive midfielders', neither of them actually play that role. For some reason we have Henry running here there and everywhere, being fckin shite in multiple areas of the pitch. It's not his game and giving the benefit of the doubt to Ramsey, I don't think he gets even on the bench when everyone is fit and available.

Ramsey not being pro-active is the most annoying thing for me, the Tozser and Henry together thing is not working, it didn't work against Cardiff and it didn't work fom the very start last night, the change should have come in the first half, then defintiely at half time, in the end it didn't come at all. As much as Henry shouldn't even be on the pitch, Tozser was just as bad, how Doughty doesn't get in ahead of one of them is beyond me - the only time we've not conceded 2 goals is when Henry hasn't played - considering he also doesn't contribute to going forwards why is he there??!

It was a much better 2nd half (couldn't have got much worse) and if the officials were not absolute disgraces to their profession we probably still would have won, but we can't keep playing like we did 1st half.

If Henry and Tozser are starting together at Hull, I will start to assume incompetence and will lobby to stay in the pub.

Also, to the poster criticising Luongo - have a word... He had another good game last night (the bottling the shot in the 2nd half aside), and has probably been our best signing.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Not acceptable on 09:46 - Sep 17 with 2441 viewsstevec

Not acceptable on 09:29 - Sep 17 by TheBlob

I've seen better play in the non leagues.I think you've got to give the players some sort of credit - it looks as if it's the players themselves are utilising their experience rather than being coached.If you chuck 11 players on to a park they'll sort themselves out into a rough approximation of a football team - that's what it looks like at the moment.

You've hit the nail on the head.

Ramsey stood and watched the Blackburn forward win every header against Angella, invariably from a huge punt upfield. Warnock would have told someone (like Derry) to shadow the bloke from every clearance to protect Angella, nothing happened.

Every game, huge gaps between full backs and attacking midfielders, nothing happens.
Players left isolated in corners of the pitch, nothing happens.

Month after month after month. There is no management, just a bunch of players left to their own devices.
Not acceptable on 09:51 - Sep 17 with 2432 viewsPhilmyRs

Not acceptable on 09:36 - Sep 17 by simmo

Well this thread is lovely and inevitable lolz....

Firstly, there's no protection for the back 4 because althoguh we're playing 2 'defensive midfielders', neither of them actually play that role. For some reason we have Henry running here there and everywhere, being fckin shite in multiple areas of the pitch. It's not his game and giving the benefit of the doubt to Ramsey, I don't think he gets even on the bench when everyone is fit and available.

Ramsey not being pro-active is the most annoying thing for me, the Tozser and Henry together thing is not working, it didn't work against Cardiff and it didn't work fom the very start last night, the change should have come in the first half, then defintiely at half time, in the end it didn't come at all. As much as Henry shouldn't even be on the pitch, Tozser was just as bad, how Doughty doesn't get in ahead of one of them is beyond me - the only time we've not conceded 2 goals is when Henry hasn't played - considering he also doesn't contribute to going forwards why is he there??!

It was a much better 2nd half (couldn't have got much worse) and if the officials were not absolute disgraces to their profession we probably still would have won, but we can't keep playing like we did 1st half.

If Henry and Tozser are starting together at Hull, I will start to assume incompetence and will lobby to stay in the pub.

Also, to the poster criticising Luongo - have a word... He had another good game last night (the bottling the shot in the 2nd half aside), and has probably been our best signing.

Come off it, Luongo was very poor last night. Regularly got pushed off the ball, his control was unusually below average and his decision making was very poor. Normally his lack of strength isn't such a problem as he has excellent control and can move out of tight areas, he struggled a lot last night. I don't know how you can say he had a good game.
Login to get fewer ads

Not acceptable on 10:01 - Sep 17 with 2410 viewssimmo

Not acceptable on 09:51 - Sep 17 by PhilmyRs

Come off it, Luongo was very poor last night. Regularly got pushed off the ball, his control was unusually below average and his decision making was very poor. Normally his lack of strength isn't such a problem as he has excellent control and can move out of tight areas, he struggled a lot last night. I don't know how you can say he had a good game.

The times I saw him lose the ball or get shrugged off it were when he was attempting to turn and move into space, all positive moves that would have put him on the attack, very rarely did he lose the ball trying a simple pass or in a dangerous area. He constantly popped up on both sides of the pitch (as well as through the middle) and on at least 3 occasions I saw him win a challenge, stop their attack dead and come out with the ball. It wasn’t a great night for anyone but I certainly don’t think he was bad enough to be singled out and with Chery and Phillips mostly anonymous, I thought he was always there, not hiding and trying to take on the responsibility of others.

In other news, I thought it was James Perch best game for us.

Not acceptable on 10:15 - Sep 17 with 2373 viewsPhilmyRs

Not acceptable on 10:01 - Sep 17 by simmo

The times I saw him lose the ball or get shrugged off it were when he was attempting to turn and move into space, all positive moves that would have put him on the attack, very rarely did he lose the ball trying a simple pass or in a dangerous area. He constantly popped up on both sides of the pitch (as well as through the middle) and on at least 3 occasions I saw him win a challenge, stop their attack dead and come out with the ball. It wasn’t a great night for anyone but I certainly don’t think he was bad enough to be singled out and with Chery and Phillips mostly anonymous, I thought he was always there, not hiding and trying to take on the responsibility of others.

In other news, I thought it was James Perch best game for us.

I do feel with Luongo a few look at his performances through rose tinted spectacles. I like him, think he's a good player, but how you can turn the mistakes he made yesterday into positives simply because he was trying to be 'positive', doesn't cut it with me.

I agree about Phillips in the first half, I thought it was an abject and embarrassing performance. Second half I thought he was one of our best players, especially on the left where he regularly skinned the full back and put dangerous deliveries into the box. He had an end product.

Luongo on the other hand struggled second half. He was bullied by a big physical team and struggled to have any impact on the game. I thought Ramsey got it wrong on Saturday leaving Chery on instead of Luongo and I think he got it wrong leaving Luongo on last night. And I think you've glossed over that miss a bit too easily. It was a shocker, the guy should have busted the net with that one. To try and off load responsibility to Mackie was probably a confidence in front of goal thing.

I agree Perch played well.
Not acceptable on 10:19 - Sep 17 with 2359 viewssimmo

Agree with the bottling of the chance, that's a training ground move that absolutely has to end in a goal, it's really embarrassing to not score there let alone not register a shot. Maybe I am giving him the benefot slightly but I don't think he was bad, I just think like most others he didn't have his best game. At least he didn't hide and his engine is unreal.

Not acceptable on 10:25 - Sep 17 with 2351 viewsTacticalR

Didn't really see any problem with Luongo (apart from not taking that chance), plus he put in a couple of really excellent timed tackles that caught out the oppo and got us away for attacks.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2015 10:26]

Air hostess clique

Not acceptable on 11:01 - Sep 17 with 2308 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Well this is a good test for Chris Ramsey right now - I think he has made poor team selections since signing the 2 Watford players
In my opinion he should not have brought them straight into a team that had won 3 straight league games. We have lost our way again.
Why is Henry still in the team?

If Ramsey realises that Ale Faurlin and Grant Hall need to be bought back into the team for Saturday then that shows he is learning.
If he does not then I am worried he is not switched on enough and keeps making the same mistakes - I was expecting changes for last nights game
We also need Yun, Sandro and Fer back asap

The way we are going, we have a squad good enough for promotion, yet we will struggle to stay in the top 10 of the table - which is not good enough
Not acceptable on 11:42 - Sep 17 with 2263 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramsey is just very 'meh' and seems very slow to react to things (if he reacts at all).

He's not as bad as the last two games, nor as good as a three game winning streak made him briefly look.

The thing that disappoints me currently is the negativity - i thought the whole 'new era' was predicated on playing good, attacking football and youth.

Instead we get hoof ball, pointless sideways passing, one upfront and Karl Henry - it looks like Ramsey is trying to copy Redknapp's promotion season but without the wins!
Not acceptable on 12:02 - Sep 17 with 2245 viewsCFW

In the past we have been short of players which means our bench was lightweight and if we picked up injuries we really struggled. Ramsey now has a different problem in so far as we have a bigger squad of players, all of which (give or take) could make the first team.

Now I really do feel he does not have a clue as to what his best team is or the right formation in which to play. Even if he did not sure he has enough about him to have a plan B or a plan C as and when required.

I appreciate he still has Sandro and Fer to come back from injury and it will be interesting to see how or if he fits them into the side. To balance this I do think some of the players need to accept some responsibility for their performances - far too inconsistent at this level.

For me Sandro has to play (when fit) as does Fer - Charlie is not at his best when playing up front on his own and whist I accept Fer is a lazy player we are not asking him to run around all over the place but to hold the ball up and to link up with Charlie as well as scoring a few goals. Chery needs to be on the ball much more playing him so far out on the left is a waste.
Not acceptable on 12:15 - Sep 17 with 2213 viewssimmo

I think last night should make it easier for Ramsey - Henry doesn't need to be there, Tozser is currently definitely behind Faurlin in the running and Luongo is not clinical enough to be that number 10 but has the energy, tenacity and nouse to contribute to attacking and defending. It means that you play Fer as number 10 and Luongo back next to Faurlin. Sandro should also be pushing for a place but given how fragile he is and that we will probably get shot of him in Jan the first chance we get, I don't really care if he starts or not.

Not acceptable on 13:18 - Sep 17 with 2162 viewsR_from_afar

Not acceptable on 23:36 - Sep 16 by baz_qpr

They had no protection in front of them though. Cherry Luongo and Phillips are not tracking back so against 4-4-2 we got pulled all over the place. The centre mids should have been sandwiching their forwards but were in no mans land. Blackburn could have had 6 and that is really worrying.

If you are going to play 4-2-3-1 the attacking three still have to defend. Luongo particularly guilty of the Leroy Fer jog back. Toszer plays too deep has no pace and fizzes passes to feet. Player receiving has to check and trap Faurlin will battle and plays a weighted ball into space for the receiving player to run on. The lack of steel and mobility in centre mid is a real problem, even more galling with Sandro and Diakate not even making the bench.

Don't know what Hall did to lose his place

"...particularly guilty of the Leroy Fer jog back". LOL. Sad but true, Leroy may be a talented attacking player, but once Rangers lose the ball, he moves like he's towing a fridge, a fridge filled with concrete. Totally unforgivable, for him or anyone. These people are supposed to be athletes but some of our players move like they're in a dressage event

If the tattoo parlour were about to close for lunch, however, you wouldn't half see them move.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Not acceptable on 13:55 - Sep 17 with 2111 viewsPunteR

Not acceptable on 12:15 - Sep 17 by simmo

I think last night should make it easier for Ramsey - Henry doesn't need to be there, Tozser is currently definitely behind Faurlin in the running and Luongo is not clinical enough to be that number 10 but has the energy, tenacity and nouse to contribute to attacking and defending. It means that you play Fer as number 10 and Luongo back next to Faurlin. Sandro should also be pushing for a place but given how fragile he is and that we will probably get shot of him in Jan the first chance we get, I don't really care if he starts or not.

Agree. Luongo and Faulin would be quality. Luongo can run and tackle,press all day long. Both can pass,take on players,hold the ball and read the game well.
I'd like Gladwin involved more ahead of Fer. Especially if we're going for a long term plan

Not acceptable on 14:22 - Sep 17 with 2071 viewsdaveB

Not acceptable on 09:03 - Sep 17 by TheBlob

"needs time"?He's 52 ffs and supposed to be a highly experienced individual,if he can't produce the goods now he never will.It's not the nuances that are lacking,it's the basics that should be instinctive but just aren't there.It looks and feels like a non-league outfit now.

doesn't matter if he's 52 or 172 any manager and any new team needs time together. Only the second time those two centre halves have played together and it showed, takes time to develop an understanding across the pitch.
Not acceptable on 14:24 - Sep 17 with 2062 viewsdaveB

Not acceptable on 09:29 - Sep 17 by TheBlob

So when the players do good things thats down to them nothing to do with the coach but the crap bits are nothing to do with them, all down to the coach?
Not acceptable on 18:20 - Sep 17 with 1982 viewsPinnerPaul

Not acceptable on 14:24 - Sep 17 by daveB

So when the players do good things thats down to them nothing to do with the coach but the crap bits are nothing to do with them, all down to the coach?

Nail and head
Not acceptable on 18:33 - Sep 17 with 1971 viewsR_from_afar

Not acceptable on 22:21 - Sep 16 by baz_qpr

Sandro is a lot better than Henry and would make a big difference. Toszer was a real problem again need to get Ale fit and playing. Don't see why Hall lost his place either he is strong and good in the air. The Italian struggled against Blackburns hoofball. We were really disorganised defending as a team

You know what, it's getting hard to even remember whether Sandro is any good or not.

If he ever plays for us again, the stewards might stop him in the tunnel and ask for some ID. They'll accept a valid work permit, apparently.

Oh man, this club of ours. Sigh

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024