Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What now? 11:36 - Nov 11 with 7196 views1BobbyHazell

I mean seriously, what now? Anything could happen on and off the pitch in the next few months.

Surely the close proximity of the Old Oak Common approval that doesn't include us-
http://www.bdonline.co.uk/boris-approves-mega-london-homes-plan/5078554.article
combined with the debt to share transfer means the end is near for Tony. It seems reasonable to assume they were only prepared to commit such enormous amounts to the little old R's in the hope/expectation that they could get in on the OOC gold rush.

I mean you are never going to recoup 200 mill plus with a club our size (with any club?). Look at Swansea, 4 great years in the premiership, trophy winners, European football, they made a profit of 1.7 mill last year!! And that's an expertly run club, how could an ownership team that has somehow managed to lose around 60/70 mill a season ever turn around their results and transform their abilities dramatically enough to recoup 200 million quid and then make a profit? They couldn't.

The reappointment of Warnock just confirms that they are completely lacking in any ideas, any innovation, or even (after seemingly giving up on the Les Project) just the balls to really try and see something different through.

It must have been the OOC, now that's gone, it's clearly a case of cut your losses and get out, why hang around just to lose more money each year?

Tone's sudden Aim for Promotion proclamations and desperate resigning of the man who managed it before were clearly his just praying for a miracle to up the sale value. Good luck with that Tone.

I don't have the same vitriol for him that some do. My angle is more a lament, in what I can only assume is a once in my lifetime opportunity, for us to have nearly a quarter of a billion pounds (plus all the prem money) spent on us and yet still utterly fail to create any long term infrastructure that could have been put in place to elevate our natural position and ability to compete as a regular top flight club. I suppose Harlington's had a lick of paint, so every cloud...

Ah well.

But what or rather who is next? Surely we've had all the billionaires we could hope for. Every article I read about new owners at clubs our size seems to be peppered with phrases like 'fit and proper persons test', 'opposed to the fans wishes', 'early promises failed to manifest' etc etc. Could go anywhere.

Similarly on the pitch. Will there be a January fire sale? Will Warnock get the full time nod? Will he oust Les? What can a 70 year old semi retired manager of a past era really bring to a club in need of total rebuilding and modernising? Will we get someone we've barely heard of who performs alchemy around the club?

Huge crossroads right now. What's the best we can hope for?
What now? on 12:50 - Nov 11 with 7123 viewsEastR

The best we can hope for is that the recent debt/equity swap was part of a move for the Tune group to extract themselves from a majority shareholding, and behind the scenes they are paving the way for Amit and Swordfish Investments to up his minority shareholding to a majority one.

This would potentially give us a future under an owner with some financial clout but a more sensible (and realistic) approach to rebuilding towards a more sustainable football club.
All idealistic speculation of course but just IMO

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

What now? on 13:11 - Nov 11 with 7071 viewslondonscottish

Great post 1BH. I share your analysis and sense of trepidation. And have done ever since I saw the words "accounting irregularities" and "Air Asia" in the same sentence.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

What now? on 13:16 - Nov 11 with 7061 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I heard from a reliable individual earlier in the year, that the Mittals were not so wedged in as some thought. On another site we appear to post on 1BH, I was discussing with our friend from Uxbridge, who seemed to have different info on the Mittals.

I think they have well and truly indicated they are not prepared to put more money into the club, seeing as what they have put in has all gone nipples north.

I fear the good ship QPR has some choppy waters ahead. Hopefully Cap'n Titanic is not at the helm.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

What now? on 13:28 - Nov 11 with 7020 viewstraininvain

What now? on 13:16 - Nov 11 by PlanetHonneywood

I heard from a reliable individual earlier in the year, that the Mittals were not so wedged in as some thought. On another site we appear to post on 1BH, I was discussing with our friend from Uxbridge, who seemed to have different info on the Mittals.

I think they have well and truly indicated they are not prepared to put more money into the club, seeing as what they have put in has all gone nipples north.

I fear the good ship QPR has some choppy waters ahead. Hopefully Cap'n Titanic is not at the helm.

According to the Mittals they are no longer financially involved with the club.
What now? on 13:57 - Nov 11 with 6982 viewsbosh67

What now? on 13:28 - Nov 11 by traininvain

According to the Mittals they are no longer financially involved with the club.

I believe the Mittals do still have a small stake. Nominal but still in the club.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What now? on 14:11 - Nov 11 with 6935 viewsEastR

What now? on 13:57 - Nov 11 by bosh67

I believe the Mittals do still have a small stake. Nominal but still in the club.

From the last set of published accounts;
The current ownership of QPR Holdings is as follows:
69.22% Tune QPR Sdn.Bhd. (Fernandes, Kamaradin, Gnanalingam)
29.94% Sea Dream Ltd (Mittals)
0.84% other

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

What now? on 19:38 - Nov 11 with 6807 viewslondonscottish

What now? on 14:11 - Nov 11 by EastR

From the last set of published accounts;
The current ownership of QPR Holdings is as follows:
69.22% Tune QPR Sdn.Bhd. (Fernandes, Kamaradin, Gnanalingam)
29.94% Sea Dream Ltd (Mittals)
0.84% other

If the club was bought for, say £50m, and £200k+ of loans have been pumped in by Tune and converted to equity that would dilute the Mitals' stake from 30% to 6% if my maths is correct.

What now? on 20:17 - Nov 11 with 6713 viewsthemodfather

many debts written off is good for qprfc, imo
all talk of new grounds should be put on hold til we have the land, planning permission and are a steady prem club
the FFP fine/ban/demotion whatever has not been decided, why the wait unless it's not ever going to be enforced....i mean man utd spent £75m on one player...we spent less trying to build a squad.
we could get lumbered with a manager few want, whoever gets it, is in a poison chalice position....
we should try and sign kevin nolan and michu and prepare to off load many asap...
Login to get fewer ads

What now? on 20:32 - Nov 11 with 6680 viewsPunteR

What now? on 13:16 - Nov 11 by PlanetHonneywood

nipples north sounds better than nipples south

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

What now? on 20:36 - Nov 11 with 6673 viewsTacticalR

@1BobbyHazell 'My angle is more a lament, in what I can only assume is a once in my lifetime opportunity, for us to have nearly a quarter of a billion pounds (plus all the prem money) spent on us and yet still utterly fail to create any long term infrastructure that could have been put in place to elevate our natural position and ability to compete as a regular top flight club. I suppose Harlington's had a lick of paint, so every cloud...'

It's like we've got the hangover but we never went to the party.

Air hostess clique

What now? on 20:40 - Nov 11 with 6655 viewspaulparker

I think we are going to go through a period of being limbo TBH
TF wants out , he was here for OOC , he wanted the Air Asia Stadium , the offices , the houses , he
wanted a mid table prem team so he could flog £20 tickets to tourists when they wanted to see "prem footie"
He gambled everything on us being in the Prem , he thought it would be as easy as turning up and throwing money at average millionaire footballers ,
We could have built something really good here , we could have laid some proper foundations,
We didn't , the gambled failed and now OOC looks dead
Im at the stage where I don't really care anymore what TF does I don't want the Prem nor do I want the days of bucket collections I just want a QPR team that has young players , plays good football with a decent manager

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

What now? on 20:43 - Nov 11 with 6639 viewsShotKneesHoop

Every time I see the word "swap" on this thread, I get panic attics of at the concept of SWP coming back.

I am truly paranoid. Please beam me back, Scotty.

The whole club is in LaLa land.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

What now? on 21:04 - Nov 11 with 6582 viewsPunteR

"I don't have the same vitriol for him that some do. My angle is more a lament, in what I can only assume is a once in my lifetime opportunity, for us to have nearly a quarter of a billion pounds (plus all the prem money) spent on us and yet still utterly fail to create any long term infrastructure that could have been put in place to elevate our natural position and ability to compete as a regular top flight club. "

This is the kick in the bollox for me as well.
Tony Fernandes can come out and talk about fans expectations all day long. The money that been spent is obscene. He should hold his head in shame.
He's done literally nothing for our club. Yeah well done him for not lumbering us with his stupid debt.
Now what?..
Now we just sit like a bunch of lemons waiting for the next shit decision.
Ferdinand goes to malaysia and is now puking and shitting out of every orifice. Well done TF,you cant even get our DoF back in one piece.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

What now? on 21:41 - Nov 11 with 6505 viewsFredManRave

It is almost unbelievable where we find ourselves four years down the line since the takeover and having Fernandes at the helm. What a completely and utterly wasted opportunity. The money spent, the promises made and not kept and the general running of the football club by people who have no idea how to run one and still don't 4 years later.

You could go on for a very, very long time about all the errors made but when you see just how rudderles and clueless we are 4 years later in a situatuion of having just sacked another manager and on the lookout for a new one without really even knowing what type of manager and whether they'll work with our DoF who we don't actually know will still be our DoF in the near future and our general "state" of affairs, I personally hope that Fernandes does sell up. I don't believe, in this instance, "Better the Devil you know" because after 4 years the guy/running of the club, is getting worse as opposed to better. "Lessons Learned" my gonads.

We just have to hope that the next owners will be alot more prudent and professional in the running of the club, would demand football people within it from top to bottom and will spend within their/our means and maintain an informative yet professional communication with the supporters. Not too much to ask, is it?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

What now? on 23:32 - Nov 11 with 6302 viewsKerryE

Since car giant will soon be properly minted, maybe they will take us over?
What now? on 00:04 - Nov 12 with 6263 viewsFDC

What now? on 20:43 - Nov 11 by ShotKneesHoop

Every time I see the word "swap" on this thread, I get panic attics of at the concept of SWP coming back.

I am truly paranoid. Please beam me back, Scotty.

The whole club is in LaLa land.

Now you've done it, this'll be stuck in my head for days now
What now? on 09:20 - Nov 12 with 6064 viewsvblockranger

http://www.london.gov.uk/sites/default/files/OAPF%20FOR%20WEB2.pdf

This Boris's vision then? Borisopolis?
What now? on 11:20 - Nov 13 with 5936 viewsMvpeter

What now? on 19:38 - Nov 11 by londonscottish

If the club was bought for, say £50m, and £200k+ of loans have been pumped in by Tune and converted to equity that would dilute the Mitals' stake from 30% to 6% if my maths is correct.

That's only if it was only Tune putting money in. The Mittels have written off their debt too.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

What now? on 11:29 - Nov 13 with 5917 views2Thomas2Bowles

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

What now? on 13:24 - Nov 13 with 5862 viewsR_from_afar

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

What now? on 16:12 - Nov 13 with 5779 viewslondonscottish

[Post edited 13 Nov 2015 16:14]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024