Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keen out!! 17:55 - Feb 27 with 1705 viewsColukev

I joke.

But seriously, is KK going to be with us for league 2 next year.

Will he want to stay?

If we do not win a game for the rest of the season, should the choice be taken from him? At any other club, this run without a win is only going to end with the inevitable sack. Although, I'm not sure we are like any other club at this moment in time.

I'm seriously worried about how we will fare in lg2 next season.
Keen out!! on 18:26 - Feb 27 with 1698 viewsBarsidepete

KK is winless in a club record 19 on the bounce now.

We could have put a frickin' Yorkie out there as gaffer and accomplish that. Apologies to Yorkies.

I'm guessing no one is buying Cow-ling a glass of milk or pints at a pub these days.

Listened to all 90 on U's Player in the states today. Was too disgusted to post.

Things will be ok next season in D2, Kev. Playoff spot, maybe even automatically back up.

I just don't like the fact we have a gaffer who clearly was never League 1 manager material, and that's saying something.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Keen out!! on 19:20 - Feb 27 with 1667 viewsburnsieespana

Keen out!! on 18:26 - Feb 27 by Barsidepete

KK is winless in a club record 19 on the bounce now.

We could have put a frickin' Yorkie out there as gaffer and accomplish that. Apologies to Yorkies.

I'm guessing no one is buying Cow-ling a glass of milk or pints at a pub these days.

Listened to all 90 on U's Player in the states today. Was too disgusted to post.

Things will be ok next season in D2, Kev. Playoff spot, maybe even automatically back up.

I just don't like the fact we have a gaffer who clearly was never League 1 manager material, and that's saying something.

Brave man! Personally be very surprised if KK stays for next year but at the sametime I crave stability.
Keen out!! on 19:45 - Feb 27 with 1654 viewsLeadbelly

No joke. He is clueless. Inexperienced manager added to a squad devoid of confidence spells disaster.We are going down and it is patently obvious nobody at the club has any clue how to avoid it. Never looked like scoring this afternoon apart from Porter missing a sitter...and Shrewsbury were even worse than us. I would despair but there is no point.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Keen out!! on 21:28 - Feb 27 with 1624 viewsdurham_exile

KK will stay and I still believe that until it is proven otherwise we have to try for those 50 points.

Like most others I do not subscribe to League Two but if it ends in relegation then we must rebuild and try to get back ASAP.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Keen out!! on 23:27 - Feb 27 with 1601 viewsRSCOSWORTH

When Keen first took over it seemed like the performances were positive but the results weren't but now we're getting neither. No shots on target at home against one of the worst sides in the division does not bode well for the future. The players are frozen by a lack of confidence and a fear of making errors. Against Tottenham, without that pressure, they looked like different players. 4 points from 57 is unbelievable when you think about it. I'd like to know who has the next worse record from their last 19 games.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Keen out!! on 07:13 - Feb 28 with 1570 viewsMoor_Pinot

Durham, whilst confidence must be playing a hugely negative role in this we are still neither patently good enough this time nor appropriately man-managed.

So to next season which I'm hardly ecstatic about given how long we've been 'north' of division 4/2.

My concern centres on the fact that for years there was a clear gap between the tow divisions and relegated teams found that 1 or 2 of them bounced straight back up regularly. Less the case recently; Crawley, Stevenage and Notts County are down the bottom and Orient are only fringe candidates. Even Pompey's gate money is hardly buying promotion; so what chance for us?

I am bitterly disappointed, this decline could have been analysed and arrested but instead it has been inevitable. The manner of the relegation form is also sad - no fight at all it seems and nobody to lift morale.
Let 'em go to the pub or the golf course this week - lift the gloom a bit and see what happens. It's what I'd do!

The fat lady is singing I'm afraid.

Moor Pinot

Keen out!! on 09:31 - Feb 28 with 1551 viewsdurham_exile

Keen out!! on 07:13 - Feb 28 by Moor_Pinot

Durham, whilst confidence must be playing a hugely negative role in this we are still neither patently good enough this time nor appropriately man-managed.

So to next season which I'm hardly ecstatic about given how long we've been 'north' of division 4/2.

My concern centres on the fact that for years there was a clear gap between the tow divisions and relegated teams found that 1 or 2 of them bounced straight back up regularly. Less the case recently; Crawley, Stevenage and Notts County are down the bottom and Orient are only fringe candidates. Even Pompey's gate money is hardly buying promotion; so what chance for us?

I am bitterly disappointed, this decline could have been analysed and arrested but instead it has been inevitable. The manner of the relegation form is also sad - no fight at all it seems and nobody to lift morale.
Let 'em go to the pub or the golf course this week - lift the gloom a bit and see what happens. It's what I'd do!

The fat lady is singing I'm afraid.

Pinault - I fear that you are spot on.

19 league games without a win means that the writing is on the wall.

What annoys me every week is that Jeff Stelling, never wastes an opportunity to rub it in with goals conceded, results, minutes without a win etc, etc.

This is a dreadful season and one where the players despite words to the contrary seem incapable of scoring goals, there are more than sufficient opportunities but precious few conversions.

The Bantams will provide a challenge on a bone hard pitch on Tuesday night.

Another bitterly cold day here in Durham and occasional snow showers, hope your weather is more pleasant.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Keen out!! on 13:29 - Feb 28 with 1520 viewsMoor_Pinot

Nope! We're at 2000' and the Creuse has 4 month winters - it is snowing steadily yet again!!

Thank you for confirming my fears Durham.
I think that debate wise we have also - for whatever reason and others closer know better than I - suffered for using novice managers time after time.
It's like any job you need to learn it. It was unfair on Humes, a step too far for Joe and this chap is by any standards enjoying a baptism of fire ..... and ire.
Management is so crucial and by and large Mr Heard got this right.

I hate continually changing management but it'll be an inevitable outcome of the novice policy. Look at Braintree Town. Someone in their set up has wisdom - after the experienced Devonshire they went for someone who had been learning hard and could continue in the same vein. Cowley won't be there long if he keeps up what has been achieved. It's all very well saying we're going down because we're 'punching above our weight' but I don't buy into that............why not see if you can punch above your weight? We have done before and Braintree clearly are, Burton too maybe?

I am sad by the manner of our demise and like you do feel that analytically it could have been avoided. It can't now and the future - complete with Mr Stelling, who may yet have to contend with supporting a National League club himself - looks very uncertain to me. I am not being negative either - just realistic.

Hope we use whatever happens as the springboard that close-season should have been each of the last 3 years.

Up the U's.

Moor Pinot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024