Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
cargiant say no way! 22:56 - Mar 10 with 28044 viewsconnell10

Email put out by cargiant to rangers fans who went to the fans meeting, saying that they will never let rangers build a new stadium on their land. Maybe anyone who received said email can post it up here.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

cargiant say no way! on 12:50 - Mar 11 with 5799 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

cargiant say no way! on 12:39 - Mar 11 by izlingtonhoop

Hmmm, that just seems to be more giving people your details for emails you don't want.

I did it anyway, despite my above mentioned small minded reasons...

Done it also.

I dont want to leave LR, but if we must, then better there than somewhere hell and gone...
cargiant say no way! on 12:51 - Mar 11 with 5791 viewsTheBlob

The mere fact that Car Giant is sending out unsolicited emails illustrates what a mickey mouse operation it is.What next,dropping leaflets by light aircraft?We know where you live?They're out of their league.And when you're dealing with authority you've got to get the bungs right - nights up West,high class totty,top notch nosebag,that kind of thing.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

cargiant say no way! on 12:53 - Mar 11 with 5788 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

At the risk of looking like a baby throwing his toys out of the pram, i'd consider not attending QPR home matches if we ended up in something akin to MK Dons, Coventry, Bolton, or Reading.

The best away days are to the stadiums with character.
cargiant say no way! on 12:59 - Mar 11 with 5766 viewsLongsufferingR

cargiant say no way! on 12:53 - Mar 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

At the risk of looking like a baby throwing his toys out of the pram, i'd consider not attending QPR home matches if we ended up in something akin to MK Dons, Coventry, Bolton, or Reading.

The best away days are to the stadiums with character.

Unfortunately, the stadiums with character also tend to be the ones with poor facilities, not enough room and plenty of restricted views. Like one I'll be visiting tomorrow!
cargiant say no way! on 13:04 - Mar 11 with 5747 viewsR_from_afar

cargiant say no way! on 07:29 - Mar 11 by WareRanger

I was chatting to a friend of mine recently who works for a City based firm of surveyors. They have been asked to tender for all the surveying work at Old Oak Common. Not sure by who unfortunately. However, smack in the middle of the plans they have been provided is a large football stadium.

If a new stadium has got all the right political support then it will definitely happen.

Oh, and I won't be buying any cars from Car Giant ever again...

"Oh, and I won't be buying any cars from Car Giant ever again..." Seconded.

Regardless of what the truth is, how nasty and vindictive do you have to be to send a communication like that?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

cargiant say no way! on 13:10 - Mar 11 with 5668 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Isn't the CEO a QPR fan?
cargiant say no way! on 13:14 - Mar 11 with 5647 viewsR_from_afar

cargiant say no way! on 12:18 - Mar 11 by londonscottish

Thanks. Done.

Me too. Let's sock it to 'em!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

cargiant say no way! on 13:27 - Mar 11 with 5606 viewsdanehoop

cargiant say no way! on 13:10 - Mar 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Isn't the CEO a QPR fan?

Not particularly is the answer to that. It is certainly incredibly fortuitous that he would be given the location of his business and that many QPR fans are likely to be potential customers.

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

cargiant say no way! on 13:30 - Mar 11 with 5596 viewsJuzzie

cargiant say no way! on 11:55 - Mar 11 by paulparker

then do what Chelsea have done with the West Stand and double the boxes if that's what they are after , either way I don't see why we cannot demolish SAR and rebuild it,
IMHO TF is only here for OOC and nothing else matters than that site

Potential redevelopment of the stadium has been covered on here many times. Quite simply, it's not feasible either economically or practically for any of the four stands to be redeveloped. It 's just not going to happen.

Chelsea's East Stand, for example, overlooks a railway line and cemetery. Not many complaints are going to come from that side. North side is on a huge patch of their own land and the south side too overlooks a railway line. Not sure how they overcome any issues such as right to light with the west stand but the land as a whole has a huge footprint. Ours is barely bigger than the pitch itself. I suspect raising the height of SAR would be a big issue with people in the White City Estate.
cargiant say no way! on 13:37 - Mar 11 with 5562 viewsBlackCrowe

A bloated company of used car salesmen having social housing at the centre of their argument. Call me cynical...

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

cargiant say no way! on 13:40 - Mar 11 with 5545 viewstinhead

Changing the subject slightly

Can't Cargiant be reported for sending unsolicited emails?

Puny God!

cargiant say no way! on 13:41 - Mar 11 with 5542 viewsrsonist

"There are a lot of words in this letter so they must be bricking it. Youuuu Rs"
cargiant say no way! on 13:58 - Mar 11 with 5495 viewsrsonist

If Cargiant are worried about anything it's probably not their legal rights in this matter but the power of negative PR to harm their future business or in the most extreme eventuality to inviolate those legal rights via CPO.

There is a de facto disparity of perception and public feeling between a used car dealership and a football club. What Cargiant are looking to get across - quite justifiably IMO - is that a football club can represent an avaricious and destructive commercial entity just as much as it can a warm fuzzy sporty bastion of community, and that a local business such as theirs can with sensitive planning provide just as much and more to the area in question.

Given how venal and corrupt local government generally is - particularly under Boris - and how eager it is to attach itself to the forever feelgood (and tribal and myopic) world of sport, you'd have to say Cargiant are right to try to get out in front of the dispute and set its terms before we do.
cargiant say no way! on 13:58 - Mar 11 with 5493 viewsGloucs_R

The new stadium looks like LR!

I'm looking at the pic on the website.

Poll: Are we staying up?

cargiant say no way! on 14:01 - Mar 11 with 5483 views18StoneOfHoop

cargiant say no way! on 13:40 - Mar 11 by tinhead

Changing the subject slightly

Can't Cargiant be reported for sending unsolicited emails?

It does seem a little David Lammyish.

https://www.cable.co.uk/news/labour-mp-david-lammy-fined-5000-for-making-nuisanc

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

cargiant say no way! on 14:06 - Mar 11 with 5471 viewsPeterHucker

cargiant say no way! on 07:46 - Mar 11 by NW5Hoop

Pretty amazed that people are sneering at Car Giant.
1. It's their land. They've made their position plain repeatedly. They have asked the club to stop talking about developing their land.
2. The club just ignore them, and carry on prattling on about the new stadium being planned for someone else's land.
3. After months and months of this, Car Giant put out a long statement detailing the exact situation, reaffirming their absolutely consistent position and detailing the reasoning behind it, and people think they're the ones behaving badly?

Come on, with both the stadium and the training ground, QPR have consistently operated a policy of announcing first, then seeing if it's possible later. It hasn't worked with the training ground; it doesn't look like it's going to work with the stadium.

To be honest, if these people announced they were going to build a garden shed, the first thing I'd do would be to check whose garden they planned to put it up in.

Exactly.
Cargiant not the ones at fault here. They're behaving very professionally. Our club is not.
Everyone knows that the people running our club are prone to prematurely announcing stuff publicly (remember the "dream manager")
It makes them look like cowboys who don't know what they're doing.
I posted on here a year or 2 ago that I'm related to a councillor in Shepherds Bush and he's said all along that there's no way QPR will get a ground at that site. This is because they don't own the land and the current owners have made it very clear that they're not interested in selling it to them.
The planning people at Hammersmith & Fulham council are bemused about why QPR keep saying stuff about Old Oak site because a stadium is never going to happen at that site.
cargiant say no way! on 14:15 - Mar 11 with 5446 viewsrsonist

I'm curious what the response would be if the names were changed and club loyalty were taken out of the equation.

I know, how about we call Cargiant "A Cooke's Pie and Mash", Old Oak "Shepherds Bush Market" and QPR FC "Orion Land and Leisure"... does that help at all?
cargiant say no way! on 14:17 - Mar 11 with 5434 viewskensalriser

Car Giant owner Geoff Warren is quite a big player in London property, isn't he?

Jumped up Arthur Daley or not, I wouldn't under-estimate him.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

cargiant say no way! on 14:19 - Mar 11 with 5419 viewsNorthernr

cargiant say no way! on 14:17 - Mar 11 by kensalriser

Car Giant owner Geoff Warren is quite a big player in London property, isn't he?

Jumped up Arthur Daley or not, I wouldn't under-estimate him.

Indeed, the used care salesman stuff isn't helpful or true, there's big people behind them and their plans. Need to stop seeing Mendes and the car dealership as the head of their plans.
cargiant say no way! on 14:20 - Mar 11 with 5413 viewsvblockranger

Love Loftus Road so they can stick their new ground up their arses. Mind you its been 4 years since that clown Fernandes started mentioning a new training ground and we have jack to show from it so a new ground could be decades away anyway. These owners long gone by then hopefully.
cargiant say no way! on 14:24 - Mar 11 with 5392 viewsHayesender

C+P from someone on one of the many QPR Facebook pages.

They ain't gonna get this over the line, trust me.......They've pissed off Car Giant with dirty tactics in the early stages of negotiations & now CG aren't willing to talk. Me & Tony Mendes set up the Car Giant sponsorship deal 10yrs ago & being ex senior management there I know the club is flogging a dead horse with this, So ask yourself why they're keep just pushing on with this?? Maybe to appease us fans........Maybe they should get things right on the pitch first then build a stadium...Car Giant own pockets of land everywhere around that area, the QPR board are about to step on a property minefield if they keep going with this. It will ultimately cost the club (actually us!!) telephone numbers to oust Car Giant from their land.

Poll: Shamima Beghum

cargiant say no way! on 14:24 - Mar 11 with 5389 viewssimmo

I just don't care.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

cargiant say no way! on 14:31 - Mar 11 with 5358 viewsYorkRanger

Maybe its just me but I find it hard to get excited about the OOC/Car Giant stuff. I can still seeing us being at Loftus Rd in 10 years time and I think it would be far better to focus on how we can extract extra revenue from Loftus Rd. Is it really not viable to find a way to increase capacity by say 4-5k and increase the commercial hospitality opportunities as well. I appreciate it will be complex and expensive, but it must be a lot cheaper than building a completely new stadium. Could this include safe standing in parts of the ground, as PP suggests could something be done with SAR that perhaps widens the stand across the road rather than increase the height.

To be honest, like most on here, I know nothing at all about what is involved. What I do know is that QPR has, for as long as I can remember had a core fan base of c15k. Forget how many went to Wembley and all that nonsense. We are also a mid table Championship side and are likely to remain so for a while yet. Have a look at the Riverside and the Ricoh arena for what happens when the entertainment on the pitch doesn't generate demand in the stands....
cargiant say no way! on 14:35 - Mar 11 with 5332 viewsdaveB

cargiant say no way! on 14:15 - Mar 11 by rsonist

I'm curious what the response would be if the names were changed and club loyalty were taken out of the equation.

I know, how about we call Cargiant "A Cooke's Pie and Mash", Old Oak "Shepherds Bush Market" and QPR FC "Orion Land and Leisure"... does that help at all?

If cookes Pie and mash shop were looking to move the pie shop to a new area and sell the current shop for several billion then it would be a fair comparison.
cargiant say no way! on 14:37 - Mar 11 with 5320 viewsdaveB

cargiant say no way! on 14:24 - Mar 11 by Hayesender

C+P from someone on one of the many QPR Facebook pages.

They ain't gonna get this over the line, trust me.......They've pissed off Car Giant with dirty tactics in the early stages of negotiations & now CG aren't willing to talk. Me & Tony Mendes set up the Car Giant sponsorship deal 10yrs ago & being ex senior management there I know the club is flogging a dead horse with this, So ask yourself why they're keep just pushing on with this?? Maybe to appease us fans........Maybe they should get things right on the pitch first then build a stadium...Car Giant own pockets of land everywhere around that area, the QPR board are about to step on a property minefield if they keep going with this. It will ultimately cost the club (actually us!!) telephone numbers to oust Car Giant from their land.

and now they are pissing off QPR with dirty tactics at this stage of the negotiation. No higher ground for either here, both as bad as each other
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024