Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
cargiant say no way! 22:56 - Mar 10 with 28303 viewsconnell10

Email put out by cargiant to rangers fans who went to the fans meeting, saying that they will never let rangers build a new stadium on their land. Maybe anyone who received said email can post it up here.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

cargiant say no way! on 11:17 - Mar 18 with 1452 viewsdaveB

cargiant say no way! on 09:35 - Mar 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Not getting at you, Jim but your post touches on a subject that picks at me.

The line that 'the stadium needs to be self-sufficient' is a line that the owners are peddling and it's dubious logic at best.

In the long history of football when were stadiums self-sufficient? Never. The stadium was always a cost. Somebody's got to cut the grass and somebody's got to pay the leccy bill, but there's no mortgage on Loftus Road. Loftus Road won't break us. Supporters always made the club self-sufficient through gate receipts, then merchandise, then sponsorship, then TV. These have always been the massive income streams for any club.

The problem here is that the owners have failed to come close to breaking even in the most lavish, cash-rich, can't-miss business since the Borgias. They simply can't control their spending. Now, faced with FFP, they no longer have a choice. They have good people like Ferdinand and Hoos showing them how (though I could do without the sanctimonious claptrap from Fernandes about lessons learned, like a wasteful teenager who's had his pocket money stopped only to brag about having controlled his spending).

There is ample money coming into this club. Scandalous money. Obscene money. Rolling-around-in-gushing-oil money. The nonsense that the club simply cannot survive without selling a few pies and beers at a tech conference on a Tuesday afternoon is insulting. The club doesn't need this money. Maybe they want it. But they don't need it.

There's two things going on here. Either

a) This is a great line to convince people we need to sell Loftus Road and move to OOC
or
b) The owners are such bad business people that they genuinely believe that they absolutely need income from yet another source and are willing to sacrifice our only asset for that income. Income that - based on past experience - they will doubtless splurge anyway in an orgy of Bacchanalian stupidity.

If we follow through the owners' logic that the stadium has to be self sufficient for us to survive, then we wouldn't need to play football at all.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2016 9:51]

If you look at clubs who are doing well all of them have good corporate facilities that can be used all year round and be used to make a shed load of money on match day. A new or improved stadium is needed if we want to be in the top 2 divisions. We may be rolling in tv money now but that could go one day especially if we don't go up next season and we need another way to make money
cargiant say no way! on 11:29 - Mar 18 with 1431 viewsnadera78

Putting the pros and cons of a new stadium to one side for a minute, I've not seen a single shred of evidence to suggest that TF and Co have the ability to bring a new stadium to fruition. Every single thing they've touched since they bought the club has gone pear shaped. And here they are, if they get their way and take control of 200 usable acres of land, talking about not just a new stadium but potentially the biggest development London has seen in many decades. And we're supposed to believe they're capable of delivering that? Yeah, right.
cargiant say no way! on 11:38 - Mar 18 with 1396 viewsBrianMcCarthy

cargiant say no way! on 11:17 - Mar 18 by daveB

If you look at clubs who are doing well all of them have good corporate facilities that can be used all year round and be used to make a shed load of money on match day. A new or improved stadium is needed if we want to be in the top 2 divisions. We may be rolling in tv money now but that could go one day especially if we don't go up next season and we need another way to make money

Oh, I completely accept that any money would be welcome, Dave, and I'm sure most welcome. I just don't buy the line that the stadium paying its own I intrinsically linked to our very survival. It demonstrably isn't.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

cargiant say no way! on 11:41 - Mar 18 with 1390 viewskensalriser

Are you sure the Mittals are majority shareholders? That's news to me.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

cargiant say no way! on 11:46 - Mar 18 with 1382 viewsBrianMcCarthy

cargiant say no way! on 11:41 - Mar 18 by kensalriser

Are you sure the Mittals are majority shareholders? That's news to me.

Do you know what - I'm not 100% now that you ask...I used to know all this off the top of my head but I'm not sure now. Can someone else confirm, please?

cargiant say no way! on 11:59 - Mar 18 with 1364 viewspeejaybee

cargiant say no way! on 11:46 - Mar 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Do you know what - I'm not 100% now that you ask...I used to know all this off the top of my head but I'm not sure now. Can someone else confirm, please?

I think they are Large Minority Shareholders.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

cargiant say no way! on 12:11 - Mar 18 with 1349 viewsCamberleyR

I thought the Mittals had about a third of the shareholding the same as when T & C were here.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

cargiant say no way! on 12:39 - Mar 18 with 1317 viewsEastR

cargiant say no way! on 11:46 - Mar 18 by BrianMcCarthy

From the last set of filed accounts:
69.22% Tune (Fernandes, Kamarudin, Gnanalingam)
29.94% Sea Dream (Mittals)
0.84% others

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Login to get fewer ads

cargiant say no way! on 12:47 - Mar 18 with 1299 viewsJuzzie

cargiant say no way! on 11:38 - Mar 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Oh, I completely accept that any money would be welcome, Dave, and I'm sure most welcome. I just don't buy the line that the stadium paying its own I intrinsically linked to our very survival. It demonstrably isn't.

1) Stay at LR but we'll always be a small-mid sized club. Nothing wrong with that.

2) If the club does have aspirations to get back in the PL and actually make a proper fist of it, we do, unfortunately need to move. It's simply not possible to do while still at LR.

But yes, any notion that QPR can't survive still at LR is silly. We can and will, just as a smaller club who will be Championship level at best.
cargiant say no way! on 13:37 - Mar 18 with 1231 viewsQPR_Jim

cargiant say no way! on 11:38 - Mar 18 by BrianMcCarthy

The problem with pointing at TV money is that every team gets pretty much the same, obviously it's weighted towards the top teams but your competitors in and around you will be getting similar income. So all it does is act as an inflationary device for transfer fees, players wages and agents fees, so every time they hike up the TV revenue most clubs don't see the benifit as all those other things increase in conjunction with that.

So really the difference between clubs is their sponsorship and match day revenue. I'm not sure how much it costs to rent conference facilities but obviously our location in London could make that a very lucrative prospect and be the difference between our finance's and those around us.
cargiant say no way! on 13:58 - Mar 18 with 1245 viewsBrianMcCarthy

cargiant say no way! on 12:39 - Mar 18 by EastR

From the last set of filed accounts:
69.22% Tune (Fernandes, Kamarudin, Gnanalingam)
29.94% Sea Dream (Mittals)
0.84% others

Spot on. Thanks for the clarification.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024