Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 13:10 - Mar 17 with 10433 viewsQPRDave

"The club is also bracing itself from a supporters backlash when they learn the inescapable truth QPR will develop raw talent and sell to help balance books."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-slash-playing-bu

Well I don't see how we'll ever sustain a promotion push again running the club along these lines. What with parachute payments even bigger than now.
Now this is QPR that most of us remember so ok fair enough, but don't bullsh*t me with we're ambitious, Jimmy's gonna build a team to get promoted because sell your best players and you have the Richard Thompson era back.
As I say if this is the model, running the club to survive fine, but it's back to being also rans and the only excitement will be relegation battles as it used to be, only we were Prem lge to start off with under Thompson
And what is the point of building a new stadium?
Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:18 - Mar 17 with 6086 viewsTheBlob

Looks like Tony's skinted himself.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:18 - Mar 17 with 6091 viewsMaggsinho

If we had one of the top ten budgets in the Premiership last season and still had a number of the high earners on our books this season you'd expect the wage bill to come down.
Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:19 - Mar 17 with 6080 viewsTonto

you don't get the principle of economics do you... do Ill spell it out in simple terms.

bigger stadium = potentially bigger income = bigger budget for players

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:20 - Mar 17 with 6067 viewsdanehoop

Dave,

this is Getwestlondon creating clickbait. If you look at the quotes they are straight from the fans forum, but being spun as if to say something terrible or new. If you read Clives excellent account, the one from dot.org or the clubs there is a very different context.

I dont think it makes us any less ambitious. If we weren't ambitous we wouldnt have got JFH (he seriously didnt need to come to us). It does mean that sensible planning and structures are being created, the right personnel are being brought in and the right foundations for the future are looking to laid.

I am positive about what I have read. Unlike that website I dont need to generate revenue in seeling second hand stories.

Never knowingly understood

Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:24 - Mar 17 with 6044 viewsRangersw12

So what do you want the club to do ? Spend millions but then there is no guarantee we will be successful anyway

End of the day with FFP we have to cut our cloth according and if that means we won't be paying stupid wages for players like Sandro , Fer etc then that has to be a good thing

You can still build teams as the rest of the league will be in the same situation as us

As for the ground we need it so we can get more money coming in and therefore be self sustainable and won't have to rely in a wealthy benefactor bailing us out every month
Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:27 - Mar 17 with 6020 viewsQPRDave

Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:20 - Mar 17 by danehoop

Dave,

this is Getwestlondon creating clickbait. If you look at the quotes they are straight from the fans forum, but being spun as if to say something terrible or new. If you read Clives excellent account, the one from dot.org or the clubs there is a very different context.

I dont think it makes us any less ambitious. If we weren't ambitous we wouldnt have got JFH (he seriously didnt need to come to us). It does mean that sensible planning and structures are being created, the right personnel are being brought in and the right foundations for the future are looking to laid.

I am positive about what I have read. Unlike that website I dont need to generate revenue in seeling second hand stories.

Ok cheers dane. I haven't read Clive's piece .......
Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:31 - Mar 17 with 6003 viewssuperhoopdownunder

If we are spending less on players and wages
Good

We have blown a shitload of cash on merceneries looking for one last pay day who either are not competent at their job, always have injuries or other issues.

I would much rather we operated as a smaller club and built players up and sold them on for massive profits
Let's get them when they are young, hungry and keen with the right skill, character and application it will work.
The QPR I remember from my youth did that and I would be happy if we did it again

U R's
[Post edited 17 Mar 2016 13:44]
Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:31 - Mar 17 with 5996 viewsQPRDave

Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:19 - Mar 17 by Tonto

you don't get the principle of economics do you... do Ill spell it out in simple terms.

bigger stadium = potentially bigger income = bigger budget for players

will new people go to a bigger stadium to watch average or below average players in the championship or lower

Thinking Coventry....
Login to get fewer ads

Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:38 - Mar 17 with 5958 viewsQPRDave

Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:31 - Mar 17 by superhoopdownunder

If we are spending less on players and wages
Good

We have blown a shitload of cash on merceneries looking for one last pay day who either are not competent at their job, always have injuries or other issues.

I would much rather we operated as a smaller club and built players up and sold them on for massive profits
Let's get them when they are young, hungry and keen with the right skill, character and application it will work.
The QPR I remember from my youth did that and I would be happy if we did it again

U R's
[Post edited 17 Mar 2016 13:44]

Absolutely ......but remember it was a QPR that went nowhere, that's all I'm saying .
The money wasn't in the game then & we were in the top lge.
It is how we survive I know that but my point is if we keep selling our best players we won't go up
Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:38 - Mar 17 with 5951 viewsTheBlob

Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:31 - Mar 17 by QPRDave

will new people go to a bigger stadium to watch average or below average players in the championship or lower

Thinking Coventry....

...or Peterborough.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:46 - Mar 17 with 5920 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:38 - Mar 17 by QPRDave

Absolutely ......but remember it was a QPR that went nowhere, that's all I'm saying .
It is how we survive I know that but my point is if we keep selling our best players we won't go up

QPRDave - I understand but will try and keep the faith whilst JFH performs a miracle next season
Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:46 - Mar 17 with 5918 viewsQPR_Jim

Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:38 - Mar 17 by QPRDave

Except you can, look at Burnley, small wage budget and sold Charlie Austin by the end of the season they were in the Premier League.
Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:50 - Mar 17 with 5901 viewsNorthernr

Thread completely ignoring that the more expensive players we've got rid of this year, the better the team has got. Far, far better now than we were with sandro, fer, green etc in the team.

Also completely ignores that Burnley are quite happily about to get promoted again, operating on a fraction of the budget we run on.

Said it for ages, if you try and buy big money players when you're a club lie us you get the wrong sort of players and you go nowhere. The best season we've had since Holloway was here was the one where we signed Derry, Hill, Kenny, Mackie, Smith and Hulse for about £3m combined.

And even if none of that were true, do we want to bankrupt our club trying to get it to the Premier League? No ta.
Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:54 - Mar 17 with 5875 viewsBrightonhoop

Fck me. If it never means spunking £10 Mil on a crocked ex-Spurs Sandro type, by a manager, let's just call him the Crook, again, then I'll take it.
Club nearly went to the wall over £10 Mil owed to ABC and spent that alone on Sandro ffs.
Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:56 - Mar 17 with 5859 viewspaulparker

Every club bar Madrid, PSG, City & Barca have to sell there best players if a bid comes in
we haven't sold a player for a profit in god knows how long, it wouldn't bother me if that story was true , at least we would be properly run for a change

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:57 - Mar 17 with 5864 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 13:50 - Mar 17 by Northernr

Thread completely ignoring that the more expensive players we've got rid of this year, the better the team has got. Far, far better now than we were with sandro, fer, green etc in the team.

Also completely ignores that Burnley are quite happily about to get promoted again, operating on a fraction of the budget we run on.

Said it for ages, if you try and buy big money players when you're a club lie us you get the wrong sort of players and you go nowhere. The best season we've had since Holloway was here was the one where we signed Derry, Hill, Kenny, Mackie, Smith and Hulse for about £3m combined.

And even if none of that were true, do we want to bankrupt our club trying to get it to the Premier League? No ta.

I agree Clive
My happiest days watching QPR were under Venables, then Howe/Francis and again when Holloway got the team buzzing
(I was only a little kid when Sexton had the dream team)
It was not about having the biggest budget in those days
We recruited well and got the rewards
Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 14:02 - Mar 17 with 5833 views1BobbyHazell

Sorry to tell you Dave but this is where we are now. Even billionaires have a limit of how long they'll chuck 70 million quid a year down the sh1tter to compensate for their (and their partners') incompetence/utter lack of knowledge of the football world.

Obviously the real shame is what that money could have been used for if we'd had the likes of Hoos, Ferdinand and Jimmy from the start (egotistical chairman's demands aside).

Never mind, it looks as though for a couple of years at least we won't quite be back to John Curtis, Zesh Rehman style summer signings so let's just hope the early signs of improvement off and on the pitch continue and the planets align in the right way to give us a genuine run at a promotion season in the next few years.
Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 14:09 - Mar 17 with 5803 viewsQPRDave

Fair points made by Jim & Clive re Burnley, although I thought they paid £9 mill for Gray?
Anyway yeah their budget is less i assume even with Joey there
I will say again though if this is how we need to go (clearly from recent experiences it is) then so be it,.......but Burnley apart and with the prem teams coming down getting even more money I don't think we will get promoted, anytime soon,...possibly ever.
Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 14:27 - Mar 17 with 5740 viewsBluce_Ree

If this forum is anything to go by, the fanbase will be ecstatic. Everyone seems to be all about getting money/saving wages these days.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 14:33 - Mar 17 with 5717 viewsvegasranger

With the size of our stadium , I'm not sure if we will ever be sustainable. How many clubs in England really are?
Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 14:42 - Mar 17 with 5680 viewsNorthernr

Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 14:27 - Mar 17 by Bluce_Ree

If this forum is anything to go by, the fanbase will be ecstatic. Everyone seems to be all about getting money/saving wages these days.

Or put another way, not seeing cnts like Barton and Sandro getting rich while contributing absolutely nothing positive.
Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 14:43 - Mar 17 with 5674 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Very few clubs make any money- most blow many millions (we probably blew between 250m and 500m over the past 4 years)
Leicester made money last season - not many do
I expect we lost around another 40m to 50m last season

I wish there was a salary cap put in place - what would Traore do if he was not a footballer? - probably work in McDonalds - paying these stupid wages is the biggest issue I see in football today
Clubs need to say enough is enough and refuse to pay these crazy wage and transfer demands
[Post edited 17 Mar 2016 14:50]
Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 15:00 - Mar 17 with 5609 viewsBluce_Ree

Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 14:42 - Mar 17 by Northernr

Or put another way, not seeing cnts like Barton and Sandro getting rich while contributing absolutely nothing positive.

Aye, true that.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 15:04 - Mar 17 with 5597 viewsoddball

Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 14:27 - Mar 17 by Bluce_Ree

austerity is here to stay.good.
Playing budget slashed by a 1/3 on 15:19 - Mar 17 with 5553 viewskensalriser

Slapdash piece with quotes cribbed from elsewhere and employing tabloid style dramatic language. Not serious commentary in any way.

Should think we'll easily have dropped a third off the playing budget at the end of the season compared to a year ago.

Mind you, it wasnt so much the money spent that was the problem, it was how it was spent.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024