Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olly 17:05 - Nov 26 with 6112 viewswelwynranger

The honeymoon is over. It didn't take long
Olly on 17:07 - Nov 26 with 4402 viewsoddball

the new manager bounce,plop.
Olly on 17:10 - Nov 26 with 4371 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

If we won two on the trot would you then say that the problems are all solved? Doubt it, so don't freak out when we've lost the second game.
Olly on 17:14 - Nov 26 with 4329 viewsisawqpratwcity

Getting despondent over this result is just as fukking dumb as heralding 'The New Dawn' last week.

Calm the fukk down and give the bloke a chance to do his job.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Olly on 17:18 - Nov 26 with 4279 viewsbosh67

Me neither. Depleted midfield today. I think that anyone that thought we weren't going to continue to stagger about for a while is deluded. This is a mid table team at the moment, not one that will challenge. Some personnel surgery to do in January. We don't have any money to spend but we can get some players back. I believe they want to break the loan agreement at Swindon and recall Doughty and possibly Furlong.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Olly on 17:20 - Nov 26 with 4257 viewsJamie

Fcking hollowhead, fcking Ferdinand, fcking Hoos, sack the lot of them!!!!!!

Just getting in early :)

In reality Holloway won't be here next season so just enjoy the games he's here for and no need to overanalyse anything. It sure won't be dull!!
Olly on 17:21 - Nov 26 with 4246 viewsstevec

Has he gone?
Olly on 18:33 - Nov 26 with 3926 viewsFredManRave

Olly on 17:21 - Nov 26 by stevec

Has he gone?

Jamie or Holloway?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Olly on 21:45 - Nov 26 with 3657 viewswelwynranger

Olly on 17:14 - Nov 26 by isawqpratwcity

Getting despondent over this result is just as fukking dumb as heralding 'The New Dawn' last week.

Calm the fukk down and give the bloke a chance to do his job.

I would not think our problems were over if we had got a result today. I have watched Rangers far too many years to think that. Also I did not herald a " New Dawn" last week. I enjoyed it with everybody else but saw it for what it was one very good performance for 75 minutes then very hard work watching the last 15 minutes. it It's a marathon not a sprint.
Login to get fewer ads

Olly on 22:23 - Nov 26 with 3561 viewsisawqpratwcity

Olly on 21:45 - Nov 26 by welwynranger

I would not think our problems were over if we had got a result today. I have watched Rangers far too many years to think that. Also I did not herald a " New Dawn" last week. I enjoyed it with everybody else but saw it for what it was one very good performance for 75 minutes then very hard work watching the last 15 minutes. it It's a marathon not a sprint.

It wasn't aimed at you.

I was having a lot of trouble with the thread 'A damning indictment of JFH' and the general expression of 'I've got my Rangers back'.

We held on for a win after 90 minutes against ten men. There were no conclusions to be drawn out of last week's game but people see what they want to see: Holloway as our saviour.

You are absolutely right about it being a marathon, not a sprint. But watch out, Fernandes is pretty quick to decide he's backing the wrong bloke.

Olly on 22:56 - Nov 26 with 3500 views2Thomas2Bowles

Olly on 22:23 - Nov 26 by isawqpratwcity

It wasn't aimed at you.

I was having a lot of trouble with the thread 'A damning indictment of JFH' and the general expression of 'I've got my Rangers back'.

We held on for a win after 90 minutes against ten men. There were no conclusions to be drawn out of last week's game but people see what they want to see: Holloway as our saviour.

You are absolutely right about it being a marathon, not a sprint. But watch out, Fernandes is pretty quick to decide he's backing the wrong bloke.

What fecking bollx you talk
He stuck with Hughes far to long and gave him untold money and again with Harry. he should have gone when we got promoted , CR was not up to the job, I blame LF for that, JFH did not just get the sack for the results but the fecking boring football and bore that he is and would not have have got us anywhere.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Olly on 23:16 - Nov 26 with 3457 viewsbrad

Olly on 22:56 - Nov 26 by 2Thomas2Bowles

He stuck with Hughes far to long and gave him untold money and again with Harry. he should have gone when we got promoted , CR was not up to the job, I blame LF for that, JFH did not just get the sack for the results but the fecking boring football and bore that he is and would not have have got us anywhere.

well said..... im happy with holloway....
Olly on 23:22 - Nov 26 with 3436 viewsconnell10

It is what it is.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Olly on 00:24 - Nov 27 with 3358 viewsPunteR

???
6 managers in 5 seasons.
Pretty spot on post from Isawqpr.. imho

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Olly on 00:30 - Nov 27 with 3349 viewsRangersw12

Olly on 22:23 - Nov 26 by isawqpratwcity

It wasn't aimed at you.

Problem is he listens to dick head fans who think everything can be sorted by a new signing or new manager
Olly on 00:39 - Nov 27 with 3334 viewsisawqpratwcity

How was CR not up to the job? His Championship stats were 5-4-6.

JFH? 13-19-15.

Boring football? Do me a favour! Those two, with LF and LH, have been seriously cranking back spending and salaries since Day 1 of their appointments. Under that stricture, relegation is the worry, not boring football. Plainly, you wouldn't know a priority if it bit you on the arse.

I want Olly to succeed, just as I want all of our managers to succeed. That involves firstly giving them a chance to get the team to function. Where was the imminent danger of relegation with CR and JFH?

I want exciting football, too. But that comes after basic, competent, Championship football within our budget. Olly's lucky, most of that work has been done for him. But you can't see that, can you?

Olly on 10:17 - Nov 27 with 3115 views2Thomas2Bowles

Olly on 00:39 - Nov 27 by isawqpratwcity

How was CR not up to the job? His Championship stats were 5-4-6.

JFH? 13-19-15.

Boring football? Do me a favour! Those two, with LF and LH, have been seriously cranking back spending and salaries since Day 1 of their appointments. Under that stricture, relegation is the worry, not boring football. Plainly, you wouldn't know a priority if it bit you on the arse.

I want Olly to succeed, just as I want all of our managers to succeed. That involves firstly giving them a chance to get the team to function. Where was the imminent danger of relegation with CR and JFH?

I want exciting football, too. But that comes after basic, competent, Championship football within our budget. Olly's lucky, most of that work has been done for him. But you can't see that, can you?

And 9 in 4 years before TF,
Gary Waddock
John Gregory
Mick Harford
Luigi De Canio
Iain Dowie
Jim Magilton
Paul Hart
Mick Harford
Neil Warnock

The last stability we had with managers was Ollie.(2years +)

You completely avoided replying about Hughes and Harry who were shown and given ever chance and time. and money.

TF has not been good at picking managers or should I say they were not as good as they and he thought and held on to long from sacking them. re: with Hughes and Harry, or do you think they should have been given longer ?

We have had the debate about CW and JFH over and over, you are not a majority of wanting to keep them.

You questioned TF and in your view his quickness to sack manages, but in my view, he was right to sack each of them. he mistake was not doing it sooner with each of them or just not getting talked in to CW and JFH by FL

This is my opinion, you don't have to agree but to say TF is to quick to sack managers does not stand up to reality. Harry and Hughes were given far to much and CW and JFH should never have got the job in the first place, they will never have any success as managers anywhere else.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2016 10:38]

Olly on 10:25 - Nov 27 with 3099 viewsLongsufferingR

Olly on 17:07 - Nov 26 by oddball

the new manager bounce,plop.

I like the sound of that. The new manager plop.
Olly on 11:46 - Nov 27 with 2969 viewsisawqpratwcity

Olly on 10:17 - Nov 27 by 2Thomas2Bowles

And 9 in 4 years before TF,
Gary Waddock
John Gregory
Mick Harford
Luigi De Canio
Iain Dowie
Jim Magilton
Paul Hart
Mick Harford
Neil Warnock

The last stability we had with managers was Ollie.(2years +)

You completely avoided replying about Hughes and Harry who were shown and given ever chance and time. and money.

TF has not been good at picking managers or should I say they were not as good as they and he thought and held on to long from sacking them. re: with Hughes and Harry, or do you think they should have been given longer ?

We have had the debate about CW and JFH over and over, you are not a majority of wanting to keep them.

You questioned TF and in your view his quickness to sack manages, but in my view, he was right to sack each of them. he mistake was not doing it sooner with each of them or just not getting talked in to CW and JFH by FL

This is my opinion, you don't have to agree but to say TF is to quick to sack managers does not stand up to reality. Harry and Hughes were given far to much and CW and JFH should never have got the job in the first place, they will never have any success as managers anywhere else.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2016 10:38]

So, you've given up the 'boring' argument, have you? Good idea.

And brought in some completely irrelevant clap-trap about stability, which apparently Olly can claim because he was here for 2+ years, ten years ago. You really do have trouble following an argument, don't you?

My point was that CR and JFH were doing a perfectly adequate job of maintaining a tolerable level of performance while swapping lower league bargains for expensive players. Their Championship records at the time were not clear relegation risk. My criticism of Fernandes was that he apparently thought that situation unacceptable, despite a stated desire for consolidation within a more responsible financial model, and that still might end up hurting IH, too.

Stop waving Hughes and Redknapp around like I have to explain them. Whether we agree on Hughes and Redknapp or not, whether Fernandes was right to sack them or not, they were not given the brief that CR and JFH were.

Nb. You should be careful with initials: I'm guessing that CW is actually CR, and FL is actually LF, right?

Olly on 11:49 - Nov 27 with 2959 viewsRoller

Olly on 17:18 - Nov 26 by bosh67

Me neither. Depleted midfield today. I think that anyone that thought we weren't going to continue to stagger about for a while is deluded. This is a mid table team at the moment, not one that will challenge. Some personnel surgery to do in January. We don't have any money to spend but we can get some players back. I believe they want to break the loan agreement at Swindon and recall Doughty and possibly Furlong.

Re: Doughty and Furlong - inside source, overheard remark or gut feeling?
Olly on 12:20 - Nov 27 with 2919 views2Thomas2Bowles

Olly on 11:46 - Nov 27 by isawqpratwcity

So, you've given up the 'boring' argument, have you? Good idea.

And brought in some completely irrelevant clap-trap about stability, which apparently Olly can claim because he was here for 2+ years, ten years ago. You really do have trouble following an argument, don't you?

My point was that CR and JFH were doing a perfectly adequate job of maintaining a tolerable level of performance while swapping lower league bargains for expensive players. Their Championship records at the time were not clear relegation risk. My criticism of Fernandes was that he apparently thought that situation unacceptable, despite a stated desire for consolidation within a more responsible financial model, and that still might end up hurting IH, too.

Stop waving Hughes and Redknapp around like I have to explain them. Whether we agree on Hughes and Redknapp or not, whether Fernandes was right to sack them or not, they were not given the brief that CR and JFH were.

Nb. You should be careful with initials: I'm guessing that CW is actually CR, and FL is actually LF, right?

Bolx
You Stated TF is quick to fire managers but it's simply not the case, it's you that is not following your own argument.

You don't like to bring up Hughes of Harry as it proves you are wrong.

I've not given up the boring argument, it was boring, he was boring, he is now gone thank feck

Enjoy following his management career and come back and show me how well he does .. NOT
[Post edited 27 Nov 2016 12:28]

Olly on 13:04 - Nov 27 with 2798 viewsisawqpratwcity

Olly on 12:20 - Nov 27 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Bolx
You Stated TF is quick to fire managers but it's simply not the case, it's you that is not following your own argument.

You don't like to bring up Hughes of Harry as it proves you are wrong.

I've not given up the boring argument, it was boring, he was boring, he is now gone thank feck

Enjoy following his management career and come back and show me how well he does .. NOT
[Post edited 27 Nov 2016 12:28]

Let me explain this to you...

Fernandes sacked Chris Wamsey (your spelling, apparently) and JFH when they were achieving the desired consolidation and before relegation seemed a likely outcoime. That is being quick to fire, by the criteria that TF had stated. That you would never have entertained their employment doesn't mean that Fernandes doesn't suffer from Premature Ejection.

Why don't you go back to clicking the down arrows? You're better at that.

Olly on 13:23 - Nov 27 with 2756 views2Thomas2Bowles

Olly on 13:04 - Nov 27 by isawqpratwcity

Let me explain this to you...

Fernandes sacked Chris Wamsey (your spelling, apparently) and JFH when they were achieving the desired consolidation and before relegation seemed a likely outcoime. That is being quick to fire, by the criteria that TF had stated. That you would never have entertained their employment doesn't mean that Fernandes doesn't suffer from Premature Ejection.

Why don't you go back to clicking the down arrows? You're better at that.

I just down clicked ya

Let me explain this to you

Football, no matter what you may think or lead to believe, is about entertainment and hopefully winning on avarage, if you think it was all about just getting by and boring the punters. you are following the wrong sport or any sport for that matter.

You sound like a 1990 school socalist, no winners or losers, lets all play nicely, feel sorry for the kid that's not good at sport and keep giving him a hug and a certificate for trying... bless.

Were you one of those kids, crying it's not fair... and still doing it.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2016 13:31]

Olly on 13:29 - Nov 27 with 2738 viewsPunteR

Olly on 13:23 - Nov 27 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I just down clicked ya

Football, no matter what you may think or lead to believe, is about entertainment and hopefully winning on avarage, if you think it was all about just getting by and boring the punters. you are following the wrong sport or any sport for that matter.

You sound like a 1990 school socalist, no winners or losers, lets all play nicely, feel sorry for the kid that's not good at sport and keep giving him a hug and a certificate for trying... bless.

TF employed JFH with the remit of bringing youth through, work within a budget and try and get promotion.
Since when is playing boring football a sackable offence?. Mourinio has made a career out of it.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Olly on 13:32 - Nov 27 with 2729 views2Thomas2Bowles

Olly on 13:29 - Nov 27 by PunteR

TF employed JFH with the remit of bringing youth through, work within a budget and try and get promotion.
Since when is playing boring football a sackable offence?. Mourinio has made a career out of it.

When the chairman decides, and clearly he did.

Olly on 15:01 - Nov 27 with 2622 viewsisawqpratwcity

Olly on 13:23 - Nov 27 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I just down clicked ya

The trouble is that the gratification you seek isn't instant. Teams don't just start winning or playing attractive football. It's a gruelling, relentless enterprise that mercilessly punishes failure, just like what happened to you at school, really. Knowledge was beyond you, and you never had the patience to find that it starts small and gets bigger: crawl before walking, walk before running. That's where CR and JFH were, and are, and will be in the future.

And now you think that humiliation is behind you, well it's not. You never did quite understand what the teachers were talking about, and you never will.

Even your beloved football is actually a carefully orchestrated exercise in business Darwinism, where the winner is the man with the right strategy. But you can't understand that so you point and you boo and never trouble your brain for a moment.

Have a certificate anyway.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024