Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JFH 18:16 - Dec 18 with 7783 viewstraininvain

Honest answer, do you think we would have been relegated under Hasselbaink?

The football wasn't great but I don't think we'd have gone down. Feels like a massive gamble / unnecessary risk to have sacked him and hired a manager who doesn't know this group of players.

Not calling for Holloway's head as that would clearly be ridiculous at this stage.

But still don't really understand the logic behind the decision to sack Hasselbaink mid season when we were not in the bottom three or even near.

JFH on 18:18 - Dec 18 with 3908 views2Thomas2Bowles

Pointness question, he is gone get over it.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

JFH on 18:20 - Dec 18 with 3893 viewstraininvain

JFH on 18:18 - Dec 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Pointness question, he is gone get over it.

It's hypothetical like a lot of the posts on here.

If you don't like it then ignore the post rather than making a snide reply.
JFH on 18:21 - Dec 18 with 3881 views2Thomas2Bowles

JFH on 18:20 - Dec 18 by traininvain

It's hypothetical like a lot of the posts on here.

If you don't like it then ignore the post rather than making a snide reply.

Nah

JFH on 18:33 - Dec 18 with 3823 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

NO - I don't think we would have gone down and I do think we were hasty (to say the least) in firing him. I would have called this a 'challenging' season for him and his report card at the end of the season would probably have said 'must do better' and he'd be warned. And who knows, maybe he would have learned all he needed in this challenging season and we would all have reaped the rewards next season. After all, I thought that was the plan?

But he was fired, and now we have a new manager who is struggling with the team, and they are probably struggling with a new regime too. It's gone rather badly so far but I remain confident that we will not go down, and I will support Holloway the same (or probably a bit more due to his past with us) as I did the last manager.
JFH on 18:34 - Dec 18 with 3820 viewsPunteR

I dont think so but who knows?
I'll tell you who knows , Tony Fernandes and the board knows. Of course they do. Why else would they sack a perfectly good young manager after an extensive interview process having done their due diligence ?
A manager that was shaping his managerial career the correct way by working his way up from lower league clubs to gain experience and being successful in the process.
A manager that wanted to be here and work within a budget.
A manager that worked his players hard in training, some might say too hard.
A manager that had his team playing for him.
A manager that kept us mid table or higher throughout the season.
Of course JFH was going to send us down. Tony knows this. Tony is a chairman of a football club. In Tony we trust.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

JFH on 18:35 - Dec 18 with 3809 viewsLblock

Yes

100%

I think we'd be 3 points worse off currently
The last two games I've watched infinitely better football at home than I have since Leeds game but the results have been killers

I was behind the Ollie appointment. Thought he'd galvanise the squad, install spirit and get everyone up for it.
I completely underestimated just how much damage Benny, ODH and Teflon Les have done to the club in assembling this squad that is WEAK in the mind and WEAK in body. They are simply not responding in certain areas and clearly not up to it in key positions ---- full backs are terrible, Onuha a terrible player and captain, Luongo totally shite, Chery out of form and the strikers not worthy of the name

Ollie still has the grace of many of the fans but it's looking bleak
I thought we'd drop under ODH and I think we'll drop now but have a better shot of staying up with Ollie at the helm

Crossing everything

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

JFH on 18:38 - Dec 18 with 3785 views2Thomas2Bowles

JFH on 18:35 - Dec 18 by Lblock

Yes

100%

The last two games I've watched infinitely better football at home than I have since Leeds game but the results have been killers

I was behind the Ollie appointment. Thought he'd galvanise the squad, install spirit and get everyone up for it.
I completely underestimated just how much damage Benny, ODH and Teflon Les have done to the club in assembling this squad that is WEAK in the mind and WEAK in body. They are simply not responding in certain areas and clearly not up to it in key positions ---- full backs are terrible, Onuha a terrible player and captain, Luongo totally shite, Chery out of form and the strikers not worthy of the name

I thought we'd drop under ODH and I think we'll drop now but have a better shot of staying up with Ollie at the helm

Crossing everything

Feck me a man with spirit, I like the cut of your Jib

JFH on 18:39 - Dec 18 with 3777 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Yes

100%

Crossing everything

Luongo totally shite....

My player of the season if Smithies wasn't around.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 18:40]
Login to get fewer ads

JFH on 18:43 - Dec 18 with 3762 viewsessextaxiboy

Yes

100%

Crossing everything

The stats say that Luongo has a positive effect on results .
JFH on 18:45 - Dec 18 with 3754 views2Thomas2Bowles

I only noticed him for giving the ball away and Chery for every poor pass or corner and free kick
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 18:46]

JFH on 18:45 - Dec 18 with 3748 viewstraininvain

Yes

100%

Crossing everything

No coincidence that you were one of the main protagonists calling for Hasselbaink's head!

We'll never know but it's beginning to look like a very risky decision.

Like I said, the football wasn't good but Hasselbaink knew the players & brought them to the club along with Ferdinand to play a particular system.

It's harsh on Holloway as he's come in nearly halfway through the season with a squad of players he hasn't signed & probably struggles to communicate with half of them.

We laugh at Birmingham sacking Rowett but we're not far behind.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 18:46]
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:27 - Dec 18 with 3654 viewsBrightonhoop

No is the short answer.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 19:39]
JFH on 19:45 - Dec 18 with 3602 viewsJigsore

no, don't think it at all helps that the player's look like they still believed in Hasselbaink when he left

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

JFH on 19:47 - Dec 18 with 3592 viewsqblockpete

Cannot really blame Holloway, we have simply assembled a team that has no quality and would not look out of place in League 2.
JFH on 19:51 - Dec 18 with 3572 viewsPunteR

JFH on 19:47 - Dec 18 by qblockpete

Cannot really blame Holloway, we have simply assembled a team that has no quality and would not look out of place in League 2.

League 2 ?
Thats a slight exaggeration.

JFH on 20:01 - Dec 18 with 3540 viewsjohncharles

We were sliding to relegation in some kind of trance. JFH seemed to be in another world.

Strong and stable my arse.

JFH on 20:01 - Dec 18 with 3538 viewsBrixtonR

To my mind the one thing Bungle has done right- Timing and decision wise in his time as Overload X is get rid of Scooby when he did. Maybe Holloway isn't the answer, I had massive reservations being a Millwall aficionado but to be fair he had the best CV of all the cnts who wanted the job - and after an 18 month rest I'm hoping he'll do a Blackpool. Lets be honest Holloway's so called nonsense is better than It Is what it fckin is.
JFH on 20:01 - Dec 18 with 3538 viewsbosh67

Very difficult to answer.

At this stage JFH had a lot more luck than Ollie is having.

We won at Fulham having been torn a new one for most of the game there. Followed by a draw at Forest where we were torn a new one for quite a lot of the game. So 4 points after one of the most abject displays against Brentford at Loftus Road for many a year. And we also forget the 6 nil smashing by Newcastle that really should have been 12.

It's easy to look back and say JFH was duller but better. I remember his football as just plain dull. Possibly a little more solid but to even be fair to JFH he took over from Ramsey, who was out of his depth, who was thrown in after Harry walked out on us, who came in after Hughes f*cked the club up.

So the bottom line is perhaps even Guardiola would have found it difficult to get much more out of us. It's been a sticking plaster on the Titanic for years. But Ramsey, JFH and now Ollie have all essentially inherited a sinking ship. It depends if Ollie has enough plasters to patch it up.

We are horribly unbalanced. Almost no punch down the left. Not enough up front and not enough play making in the middle. I think the defence comes under far too much pressure because of what's not ahead of them.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

JFH on 20:03 - Dec 18 with 3527 viewsbaz_qpr

JFH on 18:43 - Dec 18 by essextaxiboy

The stats say that Luongo has a positive effect on results .

Under JFH - been bloody awful last few games. Needs to step up big time.

To the OP. No I don't think he would but given the squad is a lot worse than last year it would be a challenge. Unfortunately he was boring us to tears and that was not sustainable he had lost the crowd and therefore the timing was totally right.

Rowlett would have been more of the same. However Ollie has got the last 5 games so wrong and has dragged us right into a relegation battle
JFH on 20:07 - Dec 18 with 3503 views1BobbyHazell

Yes

100%

Crossing everything

Hahaha.

Everyone is terrible and sh1t, except Ollie and Birch.
JFH on 20:54 - Dec 18 with 3417 viewsRs_Holy

Yeah lets here it for Jimmy... we were so good under Jimmy... apart from Brentfart... and Preston and the Newcastle (pick any score you like) debacle.
We were terrible and getting worse week by week... FFS anyone who tries to convince me it was anything other than toilet is delusional.
Give Ollie 1 transfer window and 7-8 games. If we go down so be it, we have to give him at least half the games everyone seems to get.
JFH on 20:58 - Dec 18 with 3393 views2Thomas2Bowles

JFH on 20:54 - Dec 18 by Rs_Holy

Yeah lets here it for Jimmy... we were so good under Jimmy... apart from Brentfart... and Preston and the Newcastle (pick any score you like) debacle.
We were terrible and getting worse week by week... FFS anyone who tries to convince me it was anything other than toilet is delusional.
Give Ollie 1 transfer window and 7-8 games. If we go down so be it, we have to give him at least half the games everyone seems to get.

Those games never happend in the minds of JFH supporters

JFH on 22:51 - Dec 18 with 3252 viewsNortholt_Rs

JFH on 20:01 - Dec 18 by bosh67

Very difficult to answer.

At this stage JFH had a lot more luck than Ollie is having.

We won at Fulham having been torn a new one for most of the game there. Followed by a draw at Forest where we were torn a new one for quite a lot of the game. So 4 points after one of the most abject displays against Brentford at Loftus Road for many a year. And we also forget the 6 nil smashing by Newcastle that really should have been 12.

It's easy to look back and say JFH was duller but better. I remember his football as just plain dull. Possibly a little more solid but to even be fair to JFH he took over from Ramsey, who was out of his depth, who was thrown in after Harry walked out on us, who came in after Hughes f*cked the club up.

So the bottom line is perhaps even Guardiola would have found it difficult to get much more out of us. It's been a sticking plaster on the Titanic for years. But Ramsey, JFH and now Ollie have all essentially inherited a sinking ship. It depends if Ollie has enough plasters to patch it up.

We are horribly unbalanced. Almost no punch down the left. Not enough up front and not enough play making in the middle. I think the defence comes under far too much pressure because of what's not ahead of them.

Man that's a depressing read but sadly it's spot on.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

JFH on 23:15 - Dec 18 with 3201 viewsisawqpratwcity

Be honest. Who on this thread heralded the Norwich game as 'a new start' or something similar?

Are you the same people saying JFH was taking us down anyway and the squad is crap. Pretty much, I reckon.

But please, at least acknowledge that our run since Norwich has been very bad.

Maybe Tony was right to give Hasselbaink the flick if he was losing the crowds (not actually my opinion but we're here now), but Olly hasn't yet managed popular support and points, and that may have consequences.

But I don't want another new manager this season. Enough is enough. Holloway either pulls up out of the nose dive or we hit League 1. No third option for me.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 23:53]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

JFH on 23:19 - Dec 18 with 3196 viewsPunteR

JFH on 20:58 - Dec 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Those games never happend in the minds of JFH supporters

Unfortunately my mind tells me those games did happen, as well as the 5 games on the trot we've just lost. There's positives and negatives to both Holloway and JFH. My issue with the whole thing is i feel the JFH sacking was completely unnecessary.
I want Holloway to succeed and i think he has the ability to succeed. I just don't see him given the time to do it, and tbh why should Holloway be given more time than JFH?
I think Holloway needs to be given money to spend in January to get his players in and regardless what division we are playing in ,he needs to be backed.
Like another poster pointed out, it seems when thing were going wrong for JFH it was JFH fault. When things are going wrong for Holloway its JFH players fault.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024