Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. 19:25 - Jan 5 with 4625 viewsBrightonhoop

Interesting news on the music front.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2017/jan/05/klf-comeback-bill-drummo

I once had a conversation with Cauty at a petrol station in Hove whilst we were both filling up.
I was also at Reading 90, I think it was, when the police tried, in vain, to shut down the raves playing The White Room late into the night, when Thames Valley plod sent in the horses it erupted into a ferocious riot and the filth were sent packing, the music played on. Happy days. Anyone who can pull this off with Tammy Wynette is genius 8 days a week for me.

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 19:37 - Jan 5 with 3889 viewsFredManRave

Who knew that getting petrol in Hove could be so emotional?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 19:41 - Jan 5 with 3867 viewsLblock

I used to use their Chill Out album as a come down / proper relaxer

Not mad keen on lots of their stuff but they were to be admired
I never agreed with the burning of a million quid.....some people called it art, others have since out done them easily on that front. There's a well known art collaboration called CandleFace, Hughesless & Bungle who've recently burnt £250 million. Now THAT is art

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 19:45 - Jan 5 with 3853 viewsToast_R

Loved the KLF, The White Room album was immense. Oddly I also had the "America What Time Is Love" single featuring none other then a fat looking Glenn Hughes during his cocaine substitute Mars Bar addiction. If you check the video he is wildly top heavy. Hughes and the KLF - an odder match up you'd struggle to find.
Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 19:48 - Jan 5 with 3846 viewsBrightonhoop

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 19:41 - Jan 5 by Lblock

I never agreed with the burning of a million quid.....some people called it art, others have since out done them easily on that front. There's a well known art collaboration called CandleFace, Hughesless & Bungle who've recently burnt £250 million. Now THAT is art

Yeah, loved the Elvis In the Ghetto one, proper come down stuff.

FredMan, it was kinda emotional, he's a lovely bloke, happy to talk banalities with a stranger getting his petrol....
Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 20:23 - Jan 5 with 3783 viewsFredManRave

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 19:48 - Jan 5 by Brightonhoop

Yeah, loved the Elvis In the Ghetto one, proper come down stuff.

FredMan, it was kinda emotional, he's a lovely bloke, happy to talk banalities with a stranger getting his petrol....

You said, "I once had a conversation with Cauty at a petrol station in Hove whilst we were both filling up."

So I said, "Who knew that getting petrol in Hove could be so emotional".

I've got the Power.

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 20:26 - Jan 5 with 3774 viewscollegeranger

If the tvvats make a million by getting back together I bet they dont burn it this time

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 20:33 - Jan 5 with 3753 viewsBrightonhoop

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 20:23 - Jan 5 by FredManRave

You said, "I once had a conversation with Cauty at a petrol station in Hove whilst we were both filling up."

So I said, "Who knew that getting petrol in Hove could be so emotional".

I know, I got it first time but gee thanks.
Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 20:36 - Jan 5 with 3747 viewsBrightonhoop

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 20:26 - Jan 5 by collegeranger

If the tvvats make a million by getting back together I bet they dont burn it this time

The burning always seemed to me a daft stunt and a mad waste. Think they will be into the tens of millions after this. Cauty, I think, has done very well out of his paintings on Iraq and WMD.
Login to get fewer ads

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 20:52 - Jan 5 with 3704 viewsFredManRave

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 20:33 - Jan 5 by Brightonhoop

I know, I got it first time but gee thanks.

Ah right. It would appear that I didn't get that you'd got it.

To stop this going eternal or at least until 3am I'llleave it there.

I've got the Power.

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 21:17 - Jan 5 with 3642 viewsBrightonhoop

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 20:52 - Jan 5 by FredManRave

Ah right. It would appear that I didn't get that you'd got it.

To stop this going eternal or at least until 3am I'llleave it there.

Very good.
Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 21:39 - Jan 5 with 3599 viewsqpr1976

Not to me it's not, I find it obscene, albeit probably a hoax, but each to their own.
As long as they don't start banging on about how the government or I/We should be doing more to help the homeless, or disabled, or refugees, etc. at anytime after torching that sort of money.....IMO !

Musically, they were of their time and probably should leave their legacy as it was. It's rare for any act to 'go again' 20 years on whilst maintaining standards and integrity.
Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 23:15 - Jan 5 with 3509 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I liked KLF especially that Chillout album. Defined the genre.

This was a stormer.

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 23:43 - Jan 5 with 3486 viewsPunteR

Just been mooching through youtube at their stuff. I was never really into them tbh,overlooked them really, but looking back they sound pretty good.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 00:28 - Jan 6 with 3448 viewsbob566

It's great news. Tom Dunne was on Irish radio saying that the only UK artists to sell more than 100k albums was your man Bradley who hosts the game show the Chase. UK music needs a shot in the arm was his point
Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 02:05 - Jan 6 with 3426 viewsqpr1976

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 00:28 - Jan 6 by bob566

It's great news. Tom Dunne was on Irish radio saying that the only UK artists to sell more than 100k albums was your man Bradley who hosts the game show the Chase. UK music needs a shot in the arm was his point

It does, but I'd prefer it to come from da' Youff. It's the natural way.

Sadly X Factor (& it's like) has much to answer for. We need another movement, preferably something original.
Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 07:52 - Jan 6 with 3374 viewsBrianMcCarthy

As soon as I saw the thread title I thought of you, LB.

I always associate KLF with you. It was you who first told me about the million quid stunt. I always thought it could have been a hoax, or maybe hoped it was.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 08:31 - Jan 6 with 3318 viewsLblock

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 07:52 - Jan 6 by BrianMcCarthy

As soon as I saw the thread title I thought of you, LB.

I always associate KLF with you. It was you who first told me about the million quid stunt. I always thought it could have been a hoax, or maybe hoped it was.

Think I probably had their Chill Out album on the Sony Walkman at the back of the lectures with Mike Penton or the Mexican M&E Services geezer that used to teach us!

I think Rowan Vine also tried to emulate the burning money stunt some years later in Vegas.

Chill..............

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 09:35 - Jan 6 with 3264 viewsRangersDave

They can bring MuMu land right back thank you.

Fantastically creative, perfectly produced music that makes you smile.

All aboaaaaaard!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 10:20 - Jan 6 with 3237 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Haven't read the article yet but loved KLF and would be pleased to hear them again! The burning of the money was stupid imho but in the grand scheme of things they burnt £1m and got many more £m's in advertising and sales. Spend (burn) a mill' and end up with more (probably).

Music is in a funk though, it's not a good state right now. YouTube, Spotify, the internet in general, has done a lot to kill it. People want instantly gratification now, songs better start with a killer hook or chorus or people will skip onto the next track. Artists, producers and publishes know this, and the more of this shît churned out the more data to analyse and eventually it will be music by numbers.
Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 10:50 - Jan 6 with 3214 viewsichbinnaughty

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 10:20 - Jan 6 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Haven't read the article yet but loved KLF and would be pleased to hear them again! The burning of the money was stupid imho but in the grand scheme of things they burnt £1m and got many more £m's in advertising and sales. Spend (burn) a mill' and end up with more (probably).

Music is in a funk though, it's not a good state right now. YouTube, Spotify, the internet in general, has done a lot to kill it. People want instantly gratification now, songs better start with a killer hook or chorus or people will skip onto the next track. Artists, producers and publishes know this, and the more of this shît churned out the more data to analyse and eventually it will be music by numbers.

<clap> <clap> <clap>
Excellent points re; the "datafication" of music, and how it is morphing into this homogenised mess of instant hook gratification.
Evolution by algorithm.
DREADFUL. NOT IN MY NAME.
Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 11:00 - Jan 6 with 3199 viewsBluce_Ree

I can't do it here at work but can someone link their BRITS performance? The one with Extreme Noise Terror where they shot blanks into the crowd.

Genius.

I hope they aren't as poppy this time around.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 11:40 - Jan 6 with 3179 viewsSimonJames

Love a bit of KLF...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 11:50 - Jan 6 with 3172 viewsLadbrokeR

This is moo moo land
Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 12:01 - Jan 6 with 3156 viewstimcocking

They were mates of my mate Steve. So there.
Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 12:23 - Jan 6 with 3121 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Return of the KLF. Views, gentlemen, please. on 10:50 - Jan 6 by ichbinnaughty

<clap> <clap> <clap>
Excellent points re; the "datafication" of music, and how it is morphing into this homogenised mess of instant hook gratification.
Evolution by algorithm.
DREADFUL. NOT IN MY NAME.

Succinctly put my friend!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024