Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6 Nations 2017 Thread 11:39 - Feb 3 with 16450 viewsrobith

A new thread for a new year. England look sure fire good things to me, though they'll need to win in Dublin which won't be easy.

France and Italy both look terrible.

Get all your posts about posh people in pubs out of the way now.

I know some of you have liked or been angered by my blogs in the past - I've tried to make it a proper thing now, so it's here. Let me know if that's not OK clive and I'll take it down, don't want to be stealing your traffic now:

https://thejackalist.wordpress.com/2017/02/03/robs-6-nations-preview/
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 11:22 - Feb 28 with 1384 viewslondonscottish

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 21:41 - Feb 26 by easthertsr

I'm confident of another grand slam. England have won three games without playing well, just have a feeling the Scots and the Irish are going to be on the wrong end of a right stuffing!

I dunno. I was at Twickeham on Sunday and the number of ball handling errors from England in the first 30 minutes or so was surprising.

If Scotland come out of the traps, stop England settling and, more importantly, camp out on their 22 it could mean some real jitters in the England camp.

Logic still says England should triumph (and it IS Twickenham after all, not Murrayfield) but stranger things have happened.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 13:14 - Feb 28 with 1347 viewsrobith

My blog for this week. Got some thoughts on all the ruck stuff, Scotland and how handsome Rob Kearney is.

As ever, the time people take to read and comment really takes me aback, especially on a football site! It's very much appreciated

https://thejackalist.wordpress.com/2017/02/28/six-nations-weekend-3-rucks-and-ha
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 14:42 - Feb 28 with 1321 viewsNoelmc

Thanks Rob. Great read. Loved your take on "Ruckgate".
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 18:24 - Feb 28 with 1290 viewsTGRRRSSS

England were very strange - I think to a large degree they didnt turn up switched on - Jones hissy fit was partly Mourinho diversion - but also partly embarrassment that he and his players were outwitted for a large portion of the game (losing at HT) but also partly frustration that England have not been quite as impressive as perhaps we thought they might be.
This is also a hint of the Jones when things start to go wrong - more of this to come, it will be interesting to see how England cope when they are really under the cosh later in his tenure - this far I think they've not really been under true pressure even Cardiff the other week Wales coughed up chances that a more clinical side would put away.
Nevertheless a win is a win.

Think Englnad will beat Scotland though, Ireland could be truly interesting game.
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 19:36 - Feb 28 with 1262 viewslondonscottish

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 13:14 - Feb 28 by robith

My blog for this week. Got some thoughts on all the ruck stuff, Scotland and how handsome Rob Kearney is.

As ever, the time people take to read and comment really takes me aback, especially on a football site! It's very much appreciated

https://thejackalist.wordpress.com/2017/02/28/six-nations-weekend-3-rucks-and-ha

Thanks mate, that was great.

Just reading the part on Scotland with my (England-supporting) 12 year old son.

We'll be in Centreparcs that weekend.

Never been to one but they'd better have a bar.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 17:36 - Mar 9 with 2490 viewsSimonJames

Best of luck tomorrow Wales rugby.
Hopefully you can salvage some badly needed pride and with the added benefit of helping your good friends in the England team potentially win the tournament with a game in hand. 🏉

100% of people who drink water will die.

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 17:43 - Mar 9 with 2472 viewsrobith

Feels almost like a semi final. I'll take a one point win any way we can get it. Scotland and England showed Wales are vulnerable wide....and we're the team with the narrowest attacking pattern.

There's going to be a lot of one out rumbles tomorrow night
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 22:59 - Mar 9 with 2414 viewsBlackCrowe

Two stoking games tomorrow and Saturday - can't wait. Going on Saturday, Scotland are a proper side now and exciting to watch. But it's probably a few games too soon for them. If it's still close with with 20 mins to go, then i suspect the English bench will see them home. The strength in depth is ridiculous (Lancaster's genuine legacy).

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 08:57 - Mar 10 with 2383 viewseasthertsr

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 22:59 - Mar 9 by BlackCrowe

Two stoking games tomorrow and Saturday - can't wait. Going on Saturday, Scotland are a proper side now and exciting to watch. But it's probably a few games too soon for them. If it's still close with with 20 mins to go, then i suspect the English bench will see them home. The strength in depth is ridiculous (Lancaster's genuine legacy).

That England bench has to be the strongest one ever! If it's still close with 20 to play it could be absolute mayhem!
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 10:36 - Mar 10 with 2360 viewsAlbRanger

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 08:57 - Mar 10 by easthertsr

That England bench has to be the strongest one ever! If it's still close with 20 to play it could be absolute mayhem!

One word - phenomenal!! Woudn't fancy being a Scotsman if, as you say, it's close with 20-30 to go and you start to see that lot rumble on!

I like Scotland. Think they were underrated at the start of the tournament and have, by and large, proved that with the annoying exception of Paris! Think they'll come up short in the end (England are due to hit their stride sometime) but it'll be a cracker. England by 10

Still think Italy have a surprise in them and this could be their weekend. France know they're out of it and I think Italy realise they let themselves down in the first couple of fixtures - also that they will continue to progress under O'Shea. Call me mad for letting my heart rule my head but I'm going for a repeat of their win over SA!

Wales Ireland, for me, is the toughest to call. Wales are on a downward spiral and I don't think Howley is inspiring anyone. However, they are at home and the pressure is on Ireland. If Wales can raise their game in the way they would if it they were playing England I can see this going either way. Can't make my mind up but I think it'll be decided by no more than 3 points. Comfy fence this.

I think it'll be the best weekend yet!
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 11:13 - Mar 10 with 2349 viewshopphoops

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 10:36 - Mar 10 by AlbRanger

One word - phenomenal!! Woudn't fancy being a Scotsman if, as you say, it's close with 20-30 to go and you start to see that lot rumble on!

I like Scotland. Think they were underrated at the start of the tournament and have, by and large, proved that with the annoying exception of Paris! Think they'll come up short in the end (England are due to hit their stride sometime) but it'll be a cracker. England by 10

Still think Italy have a surprise in them and this could be their weekend. France know they're out of it and I think Italy realise they let themselves down in the first couple of fixtures - also that they will continue to progress under O'Shea. Call me mad for letting my heart rule my head but I'm going for a repeat of their win over SA!

Wales Ireland, for me, is the toughest to call. Wales are on a downward spiral and I don't think Howley is inspiring anyone. However, they are at home and the pressure is on Ireland. If Wales can raise their game in the way they would if it they were playing England I can see this going either way. Can't make my mind up but I think it'll be decided by no more than 3 points. Comfy fence this.

I'm going to Italy - France and would love to see an Italy win.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 13:59 - Mar 10 with 2311 viewsSimonJames

If Wales do nick a win tonight then Scotland will know that victory against England virtually hands them the tournament, since I think they'll be way too strong for Italy next weekend.
Could be serious squeaky bum time tomorrow afternoon.

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 15:39 - Mar 10 with 2290 viewsrobith

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 10:36 - Mar 10 by AlbRanger

re: Wales - there are two things stopping me being bullish about an Ireland victory - Tipuric and Warburton. They've been consistently very good in the tournament and Ireland have the narrowest attacking pattern of the 6N and those two could wreak havoc
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 16:09 - Mar 10 with 2281 viewsswisscottage

England really haven't hit their stride so far in this tournament. In fact I'd say they've played as badly as at any time under Jones, and yet are still grinding out the results.

If England are on a going day, Scotland don't have a sniff, but if they play as badly as they did against France and Wales, then anything could happen. Have to agree with others on the thread though, in that for Scotland to win they'll have to go into the last 20 with a decent lead.
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 22:19 - Mar 10 with 2241 viewsSimonJames

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 13:59 - Mar 10 by SimonJames

If Wales do nick a win tonight then Scotland will know that victory against England virtually hands them the tournament, since I think they'll be way too strong for Italy next weekend.
Could be serious squeaky bum time tomorrow afternoon.

Cracking game.
Championship decider tomorrow now... unless of course they draw. In which case mathematically anyone could win (except Italy)
[Post edited 11 Mar 2017 9:44]

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 19:50 - Mar 11 with 2134 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So gave Leeds a miss today as was picking the Mrs up from the airport and decided to watch a day of Rugby instead.

What a cracker. Not big on the Rugby but had a great day watching two entertaining games, and not a single pint of piss was consumed by anyone!

Well done England.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2017 20:27]
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 20:24 - Mar 11 with 2095 viewseasthertsr

England, that was an awesome display, the Scots blown away totally. Perhaps they should have said a little less in the build-up?
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 20:38 - Mar 11 with 2074 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I can imagine Jones started winding them up the second he got them back in the dressing room after the Italy game. I said they had a big coming and today they were on it from the off.

Jones is a master mind and he'll now be using different mind games to ready his charges for Dublin.
It should be utterly huge.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 13:43 - Mar 17 with 1864 viewsBlackCrowe

Bump for the final weekend. Ridiculously strong starting XV for England but underestimate the (somewhat depleted) Irish side at your peril, especially on home soil. Hope this helps.

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 16:54 - Mar 17 with 1822 viewseasthertsr

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 13:43 - Mar 17 by BlackCrowe

Bump for the final weekend. Ridiculously strong starting XV for England but underestimate the (somewhat depleted) Irish side at your peril, especially on home soil. Hope this helps.

Just seen England haven't scored a drop goal while EJ has been coach. What odds a last minute one from Farell to win it tomorrow!
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 18:42 - Mar 17 with 1796 viewsToast_R

Really looking forward to it tomorrow. The wife and I are getting a sitter in to look after the boy and going on a bit of a long needed session. Visiting a pub I've had my eye on for some time but never got round to going there it as it's just a little too far without the use of a vehicle. We're going to Uber it tomorrow. The Greyhound Pub in Esher - drive past it everyday, they've even got the inflatable Guinness Rugby posts outside. Should be a good day. Probably take in a Ruby afterwards back in East Molesey.
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:48 - Mar 17 with 1785 viewsBlackCrowe

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 18:42 - Mar 17 by Toast_R

Really looking forward to it tomorrow. The wife and I are getting a sitter in to look after the boy and going on a bit of a long needed session. Visiting a pub I've had my eye on for some time but never got round to going there it as it's just a little too far without the use of a vehicle. We're going to Uber it tomorrow. The Greyhound Pub in Esher - drive past it everyday, they've even got the inflatable Guinness Rugby posts outside. Should be a good day. Probably take in a Ruby afterwards back in East Molesey.

Is that the Greyhound on Weston Green? If so, then it'll be very good in there tomorrow and full of Irish too apparently. Good friend of mine's band is playing in there straight after final whistle. They've been rehearsing a rock version of Swing Low, should England win and Sweet Molly Malone should they not.

Alas i can't make it, otherwise would've seeked you out toast.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2017 19:49]

6 Nations 2017 Thread on 21:06 - Mar 17 with 1757 viewsMrSheen

Tomorrow's games just a curtain raiser for the London French Five Nations tournament at Barn Elms on Sunday morning. London Welsh, London Scottish and London Irish will also be lying in wait, but I'll have the Bank of England Under 8s in fighting mood for kick-off.
6 Nations 2017 Thread on 21:13 - Mar 17 with 1748 viewsNLondonHoop

Can anyone recommend a pub near the ground ideally near the green, to watch the rugby straight after the match tomorrow? Ta
(No subject) (n/t) on 05:59 - Mar 18 with 1706 viewsToast_R

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:48 - Mar 17 by BlackCrowe

Is that the Greyhound on Weston Green? If so, then it'll be very good in there tomorrow and full of Irish too apparently. Good friend of mine's band is playing in there straight after final whistle. They've been rehearsing a rock version of Swing Low, should England win and Sweet Molly Malone should they not.

Alas i can't make it, otherwise would've seeked you out toast.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2017 19:49]

Yes mate that's the one. Shame, if its good I 'll probably go back there again. Look forward to your mate's band. Hopefully a double Grand Slam will be just the tonic to get the place rocking.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024