Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May and Juncker 00:46 - May 1 with 26021 viewsFDC

Pretty extraordinary story in German press. (Long 30 tweet thread, click on tweet below and scroll down)

May and Juncker on 01:04 - May 1 with 11233 viewsdistortR

"Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong"

Everyone's got an agenda, who do you believe? And more pertinently, if the isle of man is not a member of the EU, why did I have such a scene at duty-free tonight? hmmm?? It's all bollox really.
May and Juncker on 01:29 - May 1 with 11200 viewsJigsore

It was embarrassing enough that we had no plan for Brexit but they *still* have no f*cking clue. After months our own government still has no idea of the intricacies of leaving. If that wasn't irresponsible enough they've called a general election - if (a small if, agreed) we elected a Coalition I cannot even begin to imagine the ramifications of that

i'm really not sure there's a precedent for a country with the reputation of the United Kingdom doing what we are right now. it's absolutely astonishing.

S
T
R
O
N
G
&
S
T
A
B
L
E
[Post edited 1 May 2017 1:29]

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

May and Juncker on 01:46 - May 1 with 11176 viewsdistortR

May and Juncker on 01:29 - May 1 by Jigsore

It was embarrassing enough that we had no plan for Brexit but they *still* have no f*cking clue. After months our own government still has no idea of the intricacies of leaving. If that wasn't irresponsible enough they've called a general election - if (a small if, agreed) we elected a Coalition I cannot even begin to imagine the ramifications of that

i'm really not sure there's a precedent for a country with the reputation of the United Kingdom doing what we are right now. it's absolutely astonishing.

S
T
R
O
N
G
&
S
T
A
B
L
E
[Post edited 1 May 2017 1:29]

In essence i agree with you. But the op's post? they're all juggling for position. Brexit's mad. the e.u's mad, they're all effing mad but it's us who'll suffer. Living on a small island with it's own government is illuminating, the corruption is so evident, and i imagine this is a microcosm of what happens everywhere. Not so long ago we had a crusader exposing the corruption on the island, they hounded him into an early grave and the tool of the person responsible was given a seat in our version of the upper chamber. Spit.
May and Juncker on 02:28 - May 1 with 11142 viewsBoston

Here comes Junckers response now...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

May and Juncker on 07:48 - May 1 with 10958 viewsjonno

May and Juncker on 02:28 - May 1 by Boston

Here comes Junckers response now...

Now that is funny!
May and Juncker on 10:05 - May 1 with 10640 viewsderbyhoop

How many people really have any idea what is going on in the EU in the past, now or the future plans?
My guess would be that the answer is very close to zero. Journalists like BBC's Katya Adler and diplomats like the recently departed Ivan Rogers (former UK ambassador to the EU) would be expected to know considerable details but I am far from convinced there are many people in the government have any real grasp of the issues likely to come up over the next 23 months.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

May and Juncker on 10:17 - May 1 with 10622 viewsWatford_Ranger

I find it completely mystifying that May seems to be so popular still. I don't understand what people find appealing about her either as a person or as a PM but then I'm in my twenties and quite liberal so maybe not the target market for this Tory regime. Pensioners, rich and poor, seem to love her- a staunch Remainer who is now so rabidly pro the hardest of hard Brexits for her own career prospects and legacy.

Is it that people are just so anti-Corbyn they'd vote for a parrot with a blue rosette that was trained to squawk "strong and stable" every five minutes or is there something about her that people actually like?

Sorry that turned into a bit of a rant.
May and Juncker on 10:31 - May 1 with 10570 viewshopphoops

May and Juncker on 10:17 - May 1 by Watford_Ranger

I find it completely mystifying that May seems to be so popular still. I don't understand what people find appealing about her either as a person or as a PM but then I'm in my twenties and quite liberal so maybe not the target market for this Tory regime. Pensioners, rich and poor, seem to love her- a staunch Remainer who is now so rabidly pro the hardest of hard Brexits for her own career prospects and legacy.

Is it that people are just so anti-Corbyn they'd vote for a parrot with a blue rosette that was trained to squawk "strong and stable" every five minutes or is there something about her that people actually like?

I agree, she's a more competent con-artist than Trump. People trust her because she's dresses appallingly, she never says anything with any meaning at all, and the few things she has ever done have been authoritarian yet small-time.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Login to get fewer ads

May and Juncker on 10:33 - May 1 with 10562 views2Thomas2Bowles

You are not alone about May and I'm much older than you so not an age thing as most of my friends are of my age and feel the same.

I support Labour and JC on policies I can believe in, I can't believe anything May says.

Sadly people do vote on personalities both would not get far on BGT but undoubtedly JC gets the bad press and there lays the answer .

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

May and Juncker on 10:47 - May 1 with 10525 viewsCiderwithRsie

"I find it completely mystifying that May seems to be so popular still."

Top ten UK politicians capable of running a whelk stall:
1. Vacant
2. Vacant
3. Vacant
4. T May
5. Tumbleweed
6. No-one
7. Invisible Man
8. Zero
9. Nada
10. Nothing.

She's bloody terrible. Everyone else is a nonentity.
May and Juncker on 10:50 - May 1 with 10518 viewsstevec

The simple truth is the whole of mainland Europe within the EU are sh it scared of the Germans, always have been always will be.

We, on the other hand, are England. Bailed them all out, one time or another, from German occupation. They know that and one by one they'll show their appreciation and start abstaining from any anti UK bo locks.

That'll leave German industry who'll tell their Government to back off and that leaves the French.
The French can just fck off.
May and Juncker on 10:57 - May 1 with 10484 viewshopphoops

May and Juncker on 10:50 - May 1 by stevec

The simple truth is the whole of mainland Europe within the EU are sh it scared of the Germans, always have been always will be.

We, on the other hand, are England. Bailed them all out, one time or another, from German occupation. They know that and one by one they'll show their appreciation and start abstaining from any anti UK bo locks.

That'll leave German industry who'll tell their Government to back off and that leaves the French.

© Steve C, 1946.

Your simple truth is simple fantasy, Steve. The world has moved on.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

May and Juncker on 10:57 - May 1 with 10484 viewsFDC

May and Juncker on 10:50 - May 1 by stevec

Post-Empire fantasy. No one gives a hoot about any of that. Britain is a small country with a failing economy.
May and Juncker on 10:59 - May 1 with 10472 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

May and Juncker on 10:57 - May 1 by FDC

Post-Empire fantasy. No one gives a hoot about any of that. Britain is a small country with a failing economy.

https://twitter.com/i/moments/858943560594235393
May and Juncker on 11:05 - May 1 with 10450 viewsQPR_John

Juncker is a jumped up unelected civil servant and the fact that he is meeting with our PM who is an elected member of parliament shows all that is wrong with the EU.
May and Juncker on 11:27 - May 1 with 10378 viewsWatford_Ranger

The much elected May, of course, put in that position with no opposition or election necessary beyond a few thousand votes in Maidenhead.
May and Juncker on 11:32 - May 1 with 10352 viewsQPR_John

May and Juncker on 11:27 - May 1 by Watford_Ranger

The much elected May, of course, put in that position with no opposition or election necessary beyond a few thousand votes in Maidenhead.

Interesting point and worthy of further discussion. But first remind me who was the last PM elected. It might have been Gordon Brown as I do not recall many on here talking about an unelected PM when he was in power.
May and Juncker on 11:33 - May 1 with 10348 viewsBromleyHoop

May and Juncker on 11:05 - May 1 by QPR_John

Juncker is a jumped up unelected civil servant and the fact that he is meeting with our PM who is an elected member of parliament shows all that is wrong with the EU.

I think we have to accept that the EU are going to be as obstructive as possible. They will do whatever they can to make an example of the UK thereby deterring other possible exiteers. I fully expect us to leave with absolutely no trade deal in place and chaos at Dover. I can also see major clashes over UK fishing rights with the probable involvement of the Navy intercepting foreign trawlers.

This is going to get considerably worse before it gets any better.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

May and Juncker on 11:36 - May 1 with 10339 viewsE17hoop

May and Juncker on 11:33 - May 1 by BromleyHoop

I think we have to accept that the EU are going to be as obstructive as possible. They will do whatever they can to make an example of the UK thereby deterring other possible exiteers. I fully expect us to leave with absolutely no trade deal in place and chaos at Dover. I can also see major clashes over UK fishing rights with the probable involvement of the Navy intercepting foreign trawlers.

This is going to get considerably worse before it gets any better.

As is their right. There will be no Brexit - May daren't plunge us into a recession which would inevitably follow from the situation described above.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

May and Juncker on 11:41 - May 1 with 10322 viewsBromleyHoop

May and Juncker on 11:36 - May 1 by E17hoop

As is their right. There will be no Brexit - May daren't plunge us into a recession which would inevitably follow from the situation described above.

I'm not sure May would back down just because the EU make things difficult; that would be political suicide. There's a mandate for Brexit from the British people after all. I'm sure the Govt will push a 'backs to the wall', 'Dunkirk spirit' kind of narrative.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

May and Juncker on 12:00 - May 1 with 10267 viewsE17hoop

May and Juncker on 11:41 - May 1 by BromleyHoop

I'm not sure May would back down just because the EU make things difficult; that would be political suicide. There's a mandate for Brexit from the British people after all. I'm sure the Govt will push a 'backs to the wall', 'Dunkirk spirit' kind of narrative.

I think political suicide has already happened with the A50 notification.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

May and Juncker on 12:10 - May 1 with 10244 viewskensalriser

May and Juncker on 11:05 - May 1 by QPR_John

Juncker was elected by the European Parliament much like our own PM is elected by MPs

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

May and Juncker on 12:21 - May 1 with 10211 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What an utter shambles.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

May and Juncker on 12:23 - May 1 with 10205 viewsQPR_Jim

May and Juncker on 11:32 - May 1 by QPR_John

Interesting point and worthy of further discussion. But first remind me who was the last PM elected. It might have been Gordon Brown as I do not recall many on here talking about an unelected PM when he was in power.

False, there were plenty on here where keen to point out Gordon Brown was "unelected".
May and Juncker on 12:30 - May 1 with 10174 viewskensalriser

This is a common misunderstanding about our political system. We don't have a directly elected Premier, the PM is effectively either elected by MPs or by the political party he/she belongs to.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024