Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My dad. 16:06 - Oct 29 with 8627 viewsconnell10

My dad passed away today he was my best friend and I’ll miss him dearly!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

My dad. on 16:13 - Oct 29 with 5317 views18StoneOfHoop

Dad's are great people.

I miss mine every day,Connell.

God Rest His Soul.

RIP also dear old Wally. Brown bread on Thursday,I think. Liked by all,not one enemy. A lovely seventy-something Irish auld gentleman and White Horse regular. Always had a twinkle in his eye. He was there most days and Steve Murphy's right-hand man. And most of all a devoted QPR man.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 16:25]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

My dad. on 16:18 - Oct 29 with 5298 views2Thomas2Bowles

There are never words that can really comfort your lose it's personal to you in a way no one else can feel even having lost a mother or father or sibbling themselves.

All I or anyone can do is offer condolences and hope your memories always make you smile .

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

My dad. on 16:24 - Oct 29 with 5274 viewsSnipper

Really sorry to hear that connell.

Thoughts are with you.
My dad. on 16:40 - Oct 29 with 5213 viewsessextaxiboy

So sorry for your loss.These are the worst of times but although life is never the same you do get to a point where you can smile when you think of him , especially when you hear yourself saying things he would have said . Look after yourself and your family over the next few days ..

Regards ETB
My dad. on 16:53 - Oct 29 with 5165 viewshubble

God bless you mate - nothing can prepare you for the death of someone so close. So good to hear that he was your best friend though Connell - so many people have poor relationships with their parents, it's a blessing that yours was so good. RIP your dad.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

My dad. on 16:54 - Oct 29 with 5161 viewsPunteR

Sorry to hear that mate.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

My dad. on 16:56 - Oct 29 with 5153 viewsMedwayR

Sorry for your loss. Although it'll take time, try to take the positive perspective of how lucky you were to have had him in your life rather than focus on what you've lost, after all he'd want you to be happy in life and nothing would break his heart more than seeing you suffer every time you think of him, but if thinking of him put a smile on your face he'd be a happy man indeed.

Poll: Who’s better?

My dad. on 17:08 - Oct 29 with 5126 viewsbeanofire1

Ouch - I lost my dad when I was 7 and my mum at 21, but what 2Thomas2Bowles said is so true.

My condolonces to you and your family connell.

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

Login to get fewer ads

My dad. on 17:09 - Oct 29 with 5125 viewsconnell10

Thank you all for your kind words!! I truly appreciate them.

My dad. on 17:10 - Oct 29 with 5120 viewsoddball

condolences QPR brother.
My dad. on 17:13 - Oct 29 with 5106 viewsdanehoop

My dad. on 17:10 - Oct 29 by oddball

condolences QPR brother.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Remember when I lost my own father and how much it hurts. Thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Never knowingly understood

My dad. on 17:15 - Oct 29 with 5101 viewsnix

So sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was a special person to be your best friend as well as your dad.
My dad. on 17:18 - Oct 29 with 5095 viewsRoller

So sorry to hear that Jon, deepest condolences mate.

The pain will pass, your memories will last forever.
My dad. on 17:29 - Oct 29 with 5062 viewsconnell10

My dad. on 17:18 - Oct 29 by Roller

So sorry to hear that Jon, deepest condolences mate.

The pain will pass, your memories will last forever.

Thanks Si , I might see you at the game on Tuesday I’ll see how I feel on the day mate.

My dad. on 17:39 - Oct 29 with 5038 views2Thomas2Bowles

My dad. on 17:09 - Oct 29 by connell10

Thank you all for your kind words!! I truly appreciate them.

My Dad died 30 years ago @53 his lifestyle saw to that and for that reason, we were not close.
But when he died it was devastating, still, my dad even if he was a bugger, so do take comfort as others have said that you were close.

For now, the pain will be overwhelming I'm sure, look after yourself as your dad would want that.

My dad. on 17:49 - Oct 29 with 5009 viewsMrSheen

My dad. on 17:39 - Oct 29 by 2Thomas2Bowles

My Dad died 30 years ago @53 his lifestyle saw to that and for that reason, we were not close.
But when he died it was devastating, still, my dad even if he was a bugger, so do take comfort as others have said that you were close.

For now, the pain will be overwhelming I'm sure, look after yourself as your dad would want that.

I'm so sorry, I know how painful that is. If my experience is any guide, once the initial shock wears off, you will enter an unpredictable period. At some times you will feel guilty and frustrated that you feel his memory is fading and that you are getting over it too easily, then you will be suddenly taken over by the grief and unfairness of it, when you least expect it, even decades later. You have to kind to yourself, and try to think of him with affection rather than pain. Good luck with it, and take what chances you have to talk and let your feelings out.
My dad. on 17:51 - Oct 29 with 5002 viewsRoller

My dad. on 17:29 - Oct 29 by connell10

Thanks Si , I might see you at the game on Tuesday I’ll see how I feel on the day mate.

Football is totally meaningless in comparison mate. Unless you feel the need to vent your emotions at the next hapless official, stay with the people who need you.
My dad. on 17:53 - Oct 29 with 4994 viewsloftboy

My thoughts are with you. RIP your dad

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

My dad. on 18:00 - Oct 29 with 4979 viewsPinnerPaul

Condolences to you Connell.

Mine passed away nearly 4 years ago.

You never really get over it because you lose a little bit of yourself I think, but as time passes the hurt is replaced by the lovely memories.

I always give him a special thought just before kick off at LR as he was such a great fan and lived round the corner from the ground until he married my Mum.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 18:01]
My dad. on 18:14 - Oct 29 with 4931 viewsflynnbo

So sorry to hear your sad news. My father passed away in 1996 (it was he who got me into Rangers-saw them pre-war) and I still think about him every day. The pain will eventually get less but you will still have those memories to cherish and that is something which will comfort you in the future. Be strong. RIP.
My dad. on 18:20 - Oct 29 with 4908 viewskomradkirk

Sincere condolences at this sad time for you.
My dad. on 18:23 - Oct 29 with 4884 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Sorry to hear that mate.
My dad. on 18:26 - Oct 29 with 4870 views2Thomas2Bowles

My dad. on 17:49 - Oct 29 by MrSheen

I'm so sorry, I know how painful that is. If my experience is any guide, once the initial shock wears off, you will enter an unpredictable period. At some times you will feel guilty and frustrated that you feel his memory is fading and that you are getting over it too easily, then you will be suddenly taken over by the grief and unfairness of it, when you least expect it, even decades later. You have to kind to yourself, and try to think of him with affection rather than pain. Good luck with it, and take what chances you have to talk and let your feelings out.

All true

My dad. on 18:26 - Oct 29 with 4868 viewsGloucs_R

Sorry for your loss Connell. My sympathy to you and your family.

Poll: Are we staying up?

My dad. on 18:36 - Oct 29 with 4839 viewsHarbour

RIP to your dad Connell look after yourself and those close to you I lost my dad 8 years ago and my mum 7 years ago I still think about them give yourself time you will be in shock give yourself time best wishes to you and yours at such a sad time
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024