Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday 22:13 - Jan 26 with 1330 viewsdurham_exile

Crisis what crisis! the Super U’s are on a 5-match winless streak and worse still the Farmers are looking at JM to replace Mick McCarthy. Apparently, the Ipswich directors are impressed with JM nurturing of young talent.

Let us hope that JM keeps his feet well and truly on the floor because Sammie Szmodics has been adversely affected by newspaper talk about Bournemouth bidding £1m for his services. This nonsense has led to some indifferent performances, not only from Sammie but also some teammates as well.

It is about time that some sanity was restored. In truth the wheels fell off against Cheltenham and from a position of some strength the U’s have slipped off the pace. Vale Park with its impressive 114 x 77-yard pitch (compare that with the WHCS which is 110 x 70) would have been perfect for Brennan Dickenson to display his prowess but although he made a brief return against Swansea the other evening, we will probably have to wait until Coventry City at home before he graces the first team.

Although Paul Rooney has signed this week, the youngster may well see more action at U23 level. JM still needs two players an attacker and an attacking midfielder. I do not think that the attacking midfielder is Kyel Reid. I think that he blows hot and cold and has not demonstrated enough consistency for the U’s. Coventry don’t want him either. We should say thanks but no thanks.

Ryan Inniss has been struggling with his shoulder injury and so Luke Prosser will make his first start for 14 months at Port Vale on Saturday. Having signed Brandon Comley on a permanent basis last week it was a mistake not to start him I expect that JM will restore him to the team and leave Marmite on the bench. Jackson and Vincent-Young will provide the width. Courtney Senior deserves a start and Mandron needs to stay on the bench. Junior hopefully will get rather more than 1 minute at Vale Park. JM can therefore stick with his preferred 3,4,1,2 formation.

Walker

Eastman Kent Prosser

Jackson Comley Murray Vincent-Young

Szmodics

Senior Guthrie

Subs:
Gilmartin Kpekawa James Lapslie Mandron Ogedi-Uzokwe Wright

Earlier in the season Neil Aspin’s Valiants drew 1-1 at the Fortress. They have rather gone off the boil since but in Tom Pope have a matchwinner. He will require careful watching.

The U’s have slipped to 11th place and those defeats against Cheltenham and Wycombe have really hurt us as a team. Tomorrow is a vital game to get back on track with three important points. Port Vale have lost 7 matches at home, we need to ensure that they endure an eighth defeat.

The weather in Burslem will be a mild 11 degrees Celsius with a 39% chance of rain. The pitch has always drained well (hardcore of crocks) and the surface should be ok for a passing game.

I expect to see Senior given a start and Junior to get at least 20 minutes at the end of the game.

Kurtis Guthrie needs to find his scoring boots now that he has some game time under his belt. Time also for Sammie to shine.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 14:21 - Jan 27 with 1281 viewsdurham_exile

JM is starting three players with much to prove, Wright, Mandron and Marmite
Strangely since signing permanently Comley has been consigned to the bench.
I am however pleased to see Courtney Senior start.

Luke Prosser also remains benched with Guthrie.

Can we see Junior get 20 minutes later on.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 15:18 - Jan 27 with 1271 viewswessex_exile

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 14:21 - Jan 27 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Even more pleased to see Senior put us 1-0 up on his first start for the U's - COME ON!!!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 15:19 - Jan 27 with 1270 viewsgerry_us

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 14:21 - Jan 27 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Are you at the game Peter?
U's lead 1-0. If you are...LEAVE NOW!
Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 15:23 - Jan 27 with 1267 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 15:19 - Jan 27 by gerry_us

Are you at the game Peter?
U's lead 1-0. If you are...LEAVE NOW!

Gerry I made a decision not to go.
But I will be at Carlisle.

Great to see the youngster score.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 15:25 - Jan 27 with 1264 viewsgerry_us

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 15:23 - Jan 27 by durham_exile

Gerry I made a decision not to go.
But I will be at Carlisle.

Great to see the youngster score.

Up the U's

Phew. We've a chance then
Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 15:29 - Jan 27 with 1263 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 15:25 - Jan 27 by gerry_us

Phew. We've a chance then

Durham_exile

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 15:36 - Jan 27 with 1262 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 15:29 - Jan 27 by durham_exile

Must stand firm now 1-1

Durham_exile

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 15:52 - Jan 27 with 1254 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 15:36 - Jan 27 by durham_exile

Must stand firm now 1-1

Drew Wright with plenty to prove has scored 2-1 to the super U's

HT

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 15:53 - Jan 27 with 1254 viewsgerry_us

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 15:36 - Jan 27 by durham_exile

Must stand firm now 1-1

Nah! How about 2- 1 to us in the 49th minute???
Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 16:16 - Jan 27 with 1247 viewsgerry_us

Bonne and Elokobi score for O's.
Both sadly missed in my opinion.
Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 16:44 - Jan 27 with 1240 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 16:16 - Jan 27 by gerry_us

Bonne and Elokobi score for O's.
Both sadly missed in my opinion.

Three points would be very welcome today.

Durham_exile

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 16:55 - Jan 27 with 1235 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 16:44 - Jan 27 by durham_exile

Three points would be very welcome today.

Positively seething two points thrown away again

Durham_exile

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 19:06 - Jan 27 with 1185 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 16:55 - Jan 27 by durham_exile

Positively seething two points thrown away again

We play Newport County at the Fortress next weekend.

They currently lead Spurs 1-0.

Perhaps an equaliser from their opponents is what we require.
Six games without a win, the distraction of a replay would help immeasurably in our desperation to secure three points!!!

Durham_exile

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 19:16 - Jan 27 with 1182 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 19:06 - Jan 27 by durham_exile

We play Newport County at the Fortress next weekend.

They currently lead Spurs 1-0.

Perhaps an equaliser from their opponents is what we require.
Six games without a win, the distraction of a replay would help immeasurably in our desperation to secure three points!!!

A 1-1 draw is probably what we want and managed to get!
[Post edited 27 Jan 2018 19:27]

Durham_exile

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 19:20 - Jan 27 with 1181 viewsLeadbelly

Over the last five games only Barnet, Port Vale and Grimsby have secured fewer points than Col U with two of our three draws coming against those out of form teams. Hardly play off form.

Port Vale had more possession, more shots, more shots on target and more corners. At least they didn't get more goals. There appears to be little ambition to build on a lead and the negative tactics in the second half cost us again. Substitutions made matters worse again. Schoolboy errors cost us again.

Rumour doing the rounds is that Ipswich are impressed with McGreal and he is ending considered as a replacement for McCarthy when he departs. As so much of the criticism of McCarthy is that he plays negative football I do wonder why on earth they think McGreal would change anything for the better.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2018 21:04]

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 22:25 - Jan 27 with 1134 viewsmfb_cufc

Just hope these McGreal going to Ipswich rumors are true. Though surely the only reason they want him is because he use to play for them, it can't be for his managerial skills. Another predictable outcome today. Take the lead then sit deep and encourage the opposition onto you until they finally equalize.

I would love to have McCarthy as our manager if he leaves Ipswich, but we all know if McGreal goes we will get the next internal waster take over.

mfb

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 00:23 - Jan 28 with 1112 viewsnoah4x4

Was it any coincidence Danny Wilson (sacked by Chesterfield in January 2017) was sat with U's fans today?

He seemed genuinely pleased to be recognised and told us he was "just there to watch a match". But he lives in Chesterfield so it was a fair trek. Maybe scouting? Maybe McGreal to Ipswich?

One thing seems pretty certain. Szmodics won't be going anywhere except perhaps our bench. Almost anonymous yet again. Senior excellent, the team good, that is until McGreal took off two attackers and we put nine men in defence. Cue the predictable assault on our goal and the U's conceding. This focus on total defence is counter productive as we can't defend. No outlets to hold the ball in a forward position meant Port Vale battered us at the death. Poor tactics McGreal.
Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 16:04 - Jan 28 with 1062 viewsgerry_us

Super U's need valiant hearts at Vale Park on Saturday on 00:23 - Jan 28 by noah4x4

Was it any coincidence Danny Wilson (sacked by Chesterfield in January 2017) was sat with U's fans today?

He seemed genuinely pleased to be recognised and told us he was "just there to watch a match". But he lives in Chesterfield so it was a fair trek. Maybe scouting? Maybe McGreal to Ipswich?

One thing seems pretty certain. Szmodics won't be going anywhere except perhaps our bench. Almost anonymous yet again. Senior excellent, the team good, that is until McGreal took off two attackers and we put nine men in defence. Cue the predictable assault on our goal and the U's conceding. This focus on total defence is counter productive as we can't defend. No outlets to hold the ball in a forward position meant Port Vale battered us at the death. Poor tactics McGreal.

Same old story.
As the song goes........
☆ When will they ever learn
Oh when will they, everrrr learn?
I'll willingly pay McGreal's train fare to Ipswich.

☆For all you youngsters..song excerpt from
Where have all the flowers gone by Peter Paul and Mary
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 16:51]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024