Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Match Thread 09:13 - Oct 20 with 22669 viewsSouthend_Rss

First one for me.. Leaving in a bit, last time I went we won 3-1 on what was a real great day out..

More of the same please! See you all up there if you are going. Sounds like should be quite a good following. You Rss
Ipswich Match Thread on 20:12 - Oct 20 with 2385 viewsqprd

Ipswich Match Thread on 18:05 - Oct 20 by traininvain

I think you’re ignoring context. We had an awful start to the season and it was starting to look like a real uphill struggle.

McClaren’s steadied the ship and we’re winning games (away!) which is ultimately his primary job. Plus we have a couple of youngsters starting every game. That’s Lumley’s 4th or 5th clean sheet this season.

BOS will get minutes as the season progresses and so will other youngsters. The main aim for now is getting points on the board and staying safe.

Try to enjoy today’s result, it’s not often we win away!!

I agree with most of what you're saying, particularly the many positives re form and Lumley.

And I'm not even arguing that we start Bright. I'm just disappointed Mclaren couldn't find an opportunity to give him a run out- up 2, totally in control.

If we're up 1-0 against Brentford in stoppage time, defending for our lives, then fair enough, don't bring him in. But playing BOS for 20 minutes at the end of the match wouldn't have cost us points.

We'll stay up this year. But Hemed, Wells and possibly Freeman will be gone next season. We are going to need players like BOS to step up next season. Not playing now is just going to slow down his development.
Ipswich Match Thread on 21:58 - Oct 20 with 2174 viewsPinnerPaul

Ipswich Match Thread on 16:45 - Oct 20 by DeepcutHoop

Saw some well pleased that Wells had been dumped to the bench. Same fools will be calling for his return as soon as we lose a game.

Nothing makes a player better at QPR than a few games sat on the bench

'Dumped to the bench'

Injury perhaps?

3 games in 7 days?

Hemed sounds like he did OK

If you want to rant and rave and find negatives after a win - fine - its a free country - just find it a bit odd myself
Ipswich Match Thread on 22:02 - Oct 20 with 2168 viewsPinnerPaul

Ipswich Match Thread on 18:13 - Oct 20 by wittle

Your wasting your time , some fans will always find a reason to moan .We have 2 of our youngsters Lumley and Eze now established in the first team and Furlong would be if he hadn’t got injured , yet it’s not enough for some fans .They would rather moan about manning , who couldn’t hold a place down last season being out on loan .Its as if a win doesn’t count unless all 11 players have come through our youth system .

or the oppo are at least as good as Man City or Barca
Ipswich Match Thread on 22:03 - Oct 20 with 2164 viewsLblock

Ipswich Match Thread on 16:57 - Oct 20 by itsbiga

I’ll take the 3 points but we scraped together a win against the worst team in the league.
2 wins at home and were in the playoffs :)
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 16:57]

I’ll take “scrape” games like that every away game!!!

Did you go mate?
(Not a dog of look at me I went sort, just interested as if you did and thought that was scratching a win I’d like to know where)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ipswich Match Thread on 22:07 - Oct 20 with 2153 viewsitsbiga

No I live in L.A and was on bbc text updates while working hence the comment.
It seemed from the texts that way .
Seems I was mis informed
I based it on an OG and a pen being our only goals.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Ipswich Match Thread on 22:40 - Oct 20 with 2079 viewsLblock

Ipswich Match Thread on 22:07 - Oct 20 by itsbiga

No I live in L.A and was on bbc text updates while working hence the comment.
It seemed from the texts that way .
Seems I was mis informed
I based it on an OG and a pen being our only goals.

My only concern, and it’s a small one, is we didn’t rattle up 6 or 7 today

Ipswich are terrible (or were today) but we absolutely killed them today
I note the facts of the goals but you don’t get them unless you pile on the pressure

Best day out in a while today

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ipswich Match Thread on 23:02 - Oct 20 with 2029 viewsitsbiga

Ipswich Match Thread on 22:40 - Oct 20 by Lblock

My only concern, and it’s a small one, is we didn’t rattle up 6 or 7 today

Ipswich are terrible (or were today) but we absolutely killed them today
I note the facts of the goals but you don’t get them unless you pile on the pressure

Best day out in a while today

Great to hear!
Text only games are rotten to ‘watch’ and I had a bit of a hangover. Kicks off at 7am for me.
Sorry if I was out of line everyone.
Glad you all had a good day out!

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Ipswich Match Thread on 23:06 - Oct 20 with 2021 viewsRangersw12

We were excellent today and really should won by 4 or 5

Luongo and Freeman were brilliant

My only thing was that I would of liked to of seen McClaren come over to the fans with the players

All in all a fantastic performance and dominant from the first min
Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Match Thread on 23:56 - Oct 20 with 1951 viewsNortholt_Rs

Ipswich Match Thread on 23:06 - Oct 20 by Rangersw12

We were excellent today and really should won by 4 or 5

Luongo and Freeman were brilliant

My only thing was that I would of liked to of seen McClaren come over to the fans with the players

All in all a fantastic performance and dominant from the first min

This. Great result...3rd away win of the season and it’s only October! Clean sheet. Bossed the game. Great Rs support. Brentfart and foolham got beat. Perfect day all round really. Well done Shteve and the team. COYRs!!!!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ipswich Match Thread on 09:42 - Oct 21 with 1736 viewsNorthernr

Absolutely bossed that, total control. Bloke behind me spent the whole match coating off Freeman and Eze. There's some odd people about.
Ipswich Match Thread on 10:22 - Oct 21 with 1683 viewskropotkin41

Ipswich Match Thread on 09:42 - Oct 21 by Northernr

Absolutely bossed that, total control. Bloke behind me spent the whole match coating off Freeman and Eze. There's some odd people about.

We won 2-0 away and the highest player rating that's been given is about 7.5....... now, I only listened to the game, but it does make me wonder what they'd have to do to get really good ratings.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Ipswich Match Thread on 10:59 - Oct 21 with 1629 viewsHantsR

Ipswich Match Thread on 09:42 - Oct 21 by Northernr

Didn't he know who you are?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 10:59]
Ipswich Match Thread on 11:03 - Oct 21 with 1619 viewsHayesender

The Ipswich commentators on the ifollow link I watched it on were not impressed with Eze in the slightest. Even went as far as saying the Ipswich midfield should concentrate on Freeman and Luongo as "He's not a very good player".

Ok, he wasn't at his best, but fck me, he didn't have to be against that lot

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ipswich Match Thread on 15:11 - Oct 21 with 1468 viewsBoston

Ipswich Match Thread on 18:32 - Oct 20 by terryb

Glad you were over from the States to see us win away Boston!

Quite a nice day to be sat in the sun in Ipswich. Both at the ground & on the waterfront prior to the match!

A good day all round. Someone warned about Isaacs, but we liked the place, super location, great layout, tv’s in the piss pans, what’s not to like!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ipswich Match Thread on 23:45 - Oct 21 with 1247 viewsstowmarketrange

Ipswich Match Thread on 15:11 - Oct 21 by Boston

A good day all round. Someone warned about Isaacs, but we liked the place, super location, great layout, tv’s in the piss pans, what’s not to like!

Sorry to miss you mate.We stayed in Stowmarket until1.45 and then went to the station hotel for a couple more.Great day out all round and a good drink with the locals in Needham Market after the game.
Most admitted they look doomed to the drop.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024