Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening 17:27 - Apr 5 with 1501 viewsdurham_exile

Kane Vincent-Young’s super strike at the Abbey Stadium not only rekindled the U’s season but also allows the final six games of the regulation season to become cup finals allowing Colchester to gate crash 7th place in the league and extend their season.

Those six games are Oldham Home, Bury Away, Grimsby Home, Yeovil Away, MK Dons Home and finally Lincoln Away. I have ordered tickets for three of the last six games and obviously hope that a further three games will be added during May culminating in the Wembley final on 25th May.

There are however some intriguing games which will go a long way to deciding the other six places.

6 April
Carlisle v Bury
Mansfield v Cambridge
MK Dons v Lincoln
Newport v Tranmere
Cheltenham v Exeter

9 April
Macclesfield v Exeter

13 April
Exeter v Port Vale
FGR v Macclesfield
Northampton v Mansfield
Tranmere v MK Dons

19 April
Exeter v Crawley
Carlisle v Lincoln
Mansfield v Morecambe
Newport v Bury
Tranmere v FGR

22 April
Bury v Northampton
FGR v Cambridge
Lincoln v Tranmere
Oldham v Mansfield
Stevenage v Exeter

27 April
Exeter v Oldham
Newport v Lincoln
Tranmere v Bury

4 May
FGR v Exeter
MK Dons v Mansfield

Current league positions

Lincoln 40 80 +33
MK Dons 40 72 +25
Bury 40 71 +25
Mansfield 40 69 +26
Tranmere 40 67 +15
FGR 40 61 +17
Exeter 39 61 +11
COL U 40 60 +10

The Latics are in town tomorrow, led by caretaker Pete Wild, who has taken over following Paul Scholes shock departure, citing interference from the Owner. They are also bang in form after two victories including a comfortable win against Tranmere midweek.

JM has some decisions to make following the return to fitness of Rene Gilmartin and the completion of big Frank Nouble’s three match ban.

I reckon that Barnes should stay between the sticks tomorrow (the Cambridge game was a real tonic for the entire team) and those XI players should be allowed to start tomorrow with one notable exception.

Sam Saunders must be allowed to play some part from the bench, and big Frank should return to the team in place of Chuck Norris who was woeful against Cambridge.

Barnes

Jackson Kent Prosser Vincent-Young

Senior Lapslie Stevenson

Eisa Nouble Szmodics

Subs:

Gilmartin Eastman Norris Eastman Saunders Chilvers Mandron

Weather tomorrow at the JobServe will be 13 degrees Celsius and a mix of sunshine and cloud.

It is all about getting back to home victories starting against the Latics. Hopefully the crowd will be better than of late and that they will inspire the team as the 1100 did at the Abbey Stadium last weekend.

Enjoy the game.

Three points and things will seem a lot brighter.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 5 Apr 2019 19:40]

Durham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 19:25 - Apr 5 with 958 viewswessex_exile

Nice work Durham, a delight as always!

To me, we have just one focus - win our three home games, and hopefully another at lowly Yeovil, and we might then have the luxury of not needing anything from our trips to Bury and Lincoln on the last day.

Anything other than 6th or 7th is probably beyond us now, so that makes it a mini-league between us, FGR and Exeter, and we only have to finish 2nd in that.

Saturday 6th April
Col U v Oldham
Crawley v FGR
Cheltenham Town v Exeter

Tuesday 9th April
Macclesfield v Exeter (their game in hand)

Saturday 13th April
Bury v Col U
Exeter v Port Vale
FGR v Macclesfield

Good Friday
Exeter v Crawley
Col U v Grimsby
Tranmere v FGR

Easter Monday
FGR v Cambridge Utd
Stevenage v Exeter
Yeovil v Col U

Saturday 27th April
Col U v MK Dons
Crewe v FGR
Exeter v Oldham

Saturday 4th May
FGR v Exeter
Lincoln v Col U

We have three home and three away, Exeter three home and four away, and FGR three home and three away, but that last match between the two of them might decide things for us, whatever happens at Sincil Bank.

Up the U's!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 19:36 - Apr 5 with 953 viewsGOSBTS

Chuck Norris Great preview Durham. I won’t be in attendance tomorrow as I’ll be at Wembley watching the mighty Brighton get spanked by City, but I shall be keeping more than half an eye on the score at the Jobserve. Nouble seems wel up for it on social media so hope he plays a part. Really really hope it’s 3 points, however it comes. Up the U’s!
Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 19:46 - Apr 5 with 943 viewsdurham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 19:36 - Apr 5 by GOSBTS

Chuck Norris Great preview Durham. I won’t be in attendance tomorrow as I’ll be at Wembley watching the mighty Brighton get spanked by City, but I shall be keeping more than half an eye on the score at the Jobserve. Nouble seems wel up for it on social media so hope he plays a part. Really really hope it’s 3 points, however it comes. Up the U’s!

Good luck in the semi-final should be a good game.

I thought that I would look back to the last six games in THAT famous 2005/6 season

Hartlepool H Won 2-0
Chesterfield A drew 2-2
Tranmere H Won 1-0
Bournemouth A Won 2-1
Rotherham H Won 2-0
Yeovil A drew 0-0

Similar results will give us a top seven place finish this season.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 20:11 - Apr 5 with 936 viewswessex_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 19:46 - Apr 5 by durham_exile

Good luck in the semi-final should be a good game.

I thought that I would look back to the last six games in THAT famous 2005/6 season

Hartlepool H Won 2-0
Chesterfield A drew 2-2
Tranmere H Won 1-0
Bournemouth A Won 2-1
Rotherham H Won 2-0
Yeovil A drew 0-0

Similar results will give us a top seven place finish this season.

Up the U's

I was at the Bournemouth game (and of course Yeovil) - absolutely fantastic day, the U's fans (I think there was nearly 800) were in brilliant voice, and Doogie's cross to Scott Vernon, who chested it down and blasted it home, was one of my best moments following the U's. I've never seen that many people go utterly mental! I was convinced we'd done it at that moment, that was the result that won us promotion :-)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 20:49 - Apr 5 with 926 viewsdurham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 20:11 - Apr 5 by wessex_exile

I was at the Bournemouth game (and of course Yeovil) - absolutely fantastic day, the U's fans (I think there was nearly 800) were in brilliant voice, and Doogie's cross to Scott Vernon, who chested it down and blasted it home, was one of my best moments following the U's. I've never seen that many people go utterly mental! I was convinced we'd done it at that moment, that was the result that won us promotion :-)

Wessex the interesting point about that run in was the sequence of results Parky kept us unbeaten.

I went to Saltergate for the draw and of course Huish Park for the best 0-0 result ever!

Scotty too hotty was a real favourite for the U's and I agree with you the Bournemouth game was crucial.

Starting tomorrow six unbeaten interspersed with home wins will do the trick this year.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 14:46 - Apr 6 with 849 viewsdurham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 20:49 - Apr 5 by durham_exile

Wessex the interesting point about that run in was the sequence of results Parky kept us unbeaten.

I went to Saltergate for the draw and of course Huish Park for the best 0-0 result ever!

Scotty too hotty was a real favourite for the U's and I agree with you the Bournemouth game was crucial.

Starting tomorrow six unbeaten interspersed with home wins will do the trick this year.

Up the U's

Colchester unchanged but big Frank and Mica and Saunders must get some game time

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 15:13 - Apr 6 with 843 viewsdurham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 14:46 - Apr 6 by durham_exile

Colchester unchanged but big Frank and Mica and Saunders must get some game time

Up the U's

The only good news is that we have 84 minutes to put things right.

Our home form has really dipped disastrously and it is difficult to understand why.

Anyway Up the U's

Durham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 15:15 - Apr 6 with 842 viewsdurham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 15:13 - Apr 6 by durham_exile

The only good news is that we have 84 minutes to put things right.

Our home form has really dipped disastrously and it is difficult to understand why.

Anyway Up the U's

Can things get any worse probably yes now 2-0 down

Attack,attack,attack,attack,attack has to be the mantra

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 15:20 - Apr 6 with 837 viewsMoor_Pinot

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 15:15 - Apr 6 by durham_exile

Up the U's

I'm watching this Durham and it is AWFUL.
HOPELESS, ABJECT so far. Could have been 4-0. Awful.

Moor Pinot

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 15:21 - Apr 6 with 836 viewsgerry_us

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 15:15 - Apr 6 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Yep! It looks like it won't be all out defence for the rest of the match by us. Why no Eastman again?
It could be a long summer Peter. Not sure it will be worth going to the Lincoln game now.
Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 15:23 - Apr 6 with 834 viewsdurham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 15:20 - Apr 6 by Moor_Pinot

I'm watching this Durham and it is AWFUL.
HOPELESS, ABJECT so far. Could have been 4-0. Awful.

Pinault one thing is certain defeat today and the season is over.

Just as my tickets for Bury, MK Dons and Lincoln arrived today.

The curse of supporting Colchester strikes again.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 15:24 - Apr 6 with 834 viewsLeadbelly

Stop worrying. You all know we are great at coming from behind to win.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 15:28 - Apr 6 with 829 viewsMoor_Pinot

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 15:23 - Apr 6 by durham_exile

Pinault one thing is certain defeat today and the season is over.

Just as my tickets for Bury, MK Dons and Lincoln arrived today.

The curse of supporting Colchester strikes again.

Up the U's

Seriously this is so bad so far it is management sacking material. No U's player is supporting any other. Barnes has saved 2 more certain goals. Stevenson so deplorable that the rest are copying him. Kent and Prosser have clearly never met one another. Terrible truly terrible.

Moor Pinot

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 15:30 - Apr 6 with 827 viewsgerry_us

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 15:28 - Apr 6 by Moor_Pinot

Seriously this is so bad so far it is management sacking material. No U's player is supporting any other. Barnes has saved 2 more certain goals. Stevenson so deplorable that the rest are copying him. Kent and Prosser have clearly never met one another. Terrible truly terrible.

Signs for a recovery and 3-2 win then Pinot?
Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 15:47 - Apr 6 with 821 viewsdurham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 15:30 - Apr 6 by gerry_us

Signs for a recovery and 3-2 win then Pinot?

I called for JM to go a few weeks ago, problem is it probably wouldn't make any difference we are experiencing melt down at the worst possible time of the season.

A big 45 minutes to save our season.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 15:51 - Apr 6 with 817 viewsdurham_exile

JM must change it up.

Suggest Mandron and Nouble for Norris and Eisa and then Saunders for Stevenson.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 16:00 - Apr 6 with 812 viewsMoor_Pinot

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 15:47 - Apr 6 by durham_exile

I called for JM to go a few weeks ago, problem is it probably wouldn't make any difference we are experiencing melt down at the worst possible time of the season.

A big 45 minutes to save our season.

Up the U's

I apologise for being so angry. This is an awful performance. 2nd to every ball, 15yds away from each other, skill set non existent, eg we've had 4 corners, two hit out of play for throw ins one almost reached sideline. Vincent-Young apart all of them lethargic and inept. Oldham have slowed things down they must assume they've done enough. Indeed 0-4 a fairer reflection. Don't look at the highlights of the second goal.
This has been wretched.
Huge changes needed at h-t. Prosser or Kent off and Norris. Need 3-4-3 or something along those lines.. I'm not a manager but the U's need one.

Seriously this could get worse.
Sorry, just so angry with the effort shown given the circumstances NO EXCUSES acceptable. We were booed off.

Will shut up now.

Moor Pinot

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 16:11 - Apr 6 with 805 viewsdurham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 16:00 - Apr 6 by Moor_Pinot

I apologise for being so angry. This is an awful performance. 2nd to every ball, 15yds away from each other, skill set non existent, eg we've had 4 corners, two hit out of play for throw ins one almost reached sideline. Vincent-Young apart all of them lethargic and inept. Oldham have slowed things down they must assume they've done enough. Indeed 0-4 a fairer reflection. Don't look at the highlights of the second goal.
This has been wretched.
Huge changes needed at h-t. Prosser or Kent off and Norris. Need 3-4-3 or something along those lines.. I'm not a manager but the U's need one.

Seriously this could get worse.
Sorry, just so angry with the effort shown given the circumstances NO EXCUSES acceptable. We were booed off.

Will shut up now.

No apology needed Pinault.

We have made no progress for the past few years. Management appalling, squad probably the best for three years but performances shocking.

Our performance at Carlisle was the worst I have seen for years. We were awful at Exeter.

Defeat today and although not mathematically impossible it would be highly unlikely that we could achieve a top seven place.

I understand your anger I am incandescent while we continue to throw our opportunities away.

One has to ask whether we are indeed serious about wanting to go up.

Up the U's

As an example Carlisle down to ten men have just equalised against Bury.
When did we last show passion and commitment to match that scoreline

Durham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 16:13 - Apr 6 with 803 viewsdurham_exile

Eisa off and big Frank on

Durham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 16:23 - Apr 6 with 797 viewsdurham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 16:13 - Apr 6 by durham_exile

Eisa off and big Frank on

Attendance 3,975 don't know how many have travelled from Oldham

Durham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 16:32 - Apr 6 with 792 viewsdurham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 16:23 - Apr 6 by durham_exile

Attendance 3,975 don't know how many have travelled from Oldham

Norris off Mandron on

About 20 minutes left to save the season

Shocking

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 16:34 - Apr 6 with 791 viewsdurham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 16:32 - Apr 6 by durham_exile

Norris off Mandron on

About 20 minutes left to save the season

Shocking

Up the U's

Final throw of the dice Dickenson on for Lapslie 18 minutes to play

Durham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 16:46 - Apr 6 with 787 viewsdurham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 16:34 - Apr 6 by durham_exile

Final throw of the dice Dickenson on for Lapslie 18 minutes to play

6 shots 2 on target tells its own story.

This is the day that the season ends but it all started with that 4-0 defeat at Carlisle

Tremendously disappointing (again)

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 16:54 - Apr 6 with 783 viewsdurham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 16:46 - Apr 6 by durham_exile

6 shots 2 on target tells its own story.

This is the day that the season ends but it all started with that 4-0 defeat at Carlisle

Tremendously disappointing (again)

Up the U's

Just injury time to play unable to muster even one goal not good enough

Carlisle winning
FGR winning
Mansfield winning
Lincoln winning
Tranmere drawing
Swindon winning

Very depressing and disappointing again

Absolutely shocking

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 16:58 - Apr 6 with 780 viewsdurham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 16:54 - Apr 6 by durham_exile

Just injury time to play unable to muster even one goal not good enough

Carlisle winning
FGR winning
Mansfield winning
Lincoln winning
Tranmere drawing
Swindon winning

Very depressing and disappointing again

Absolutely shocking

Up the U's

The technical term is bollocks

McGreal out

We simply don't want promotion.

Destined for mid table mediocrity now need to win all 5 games to get 75 points highly unlikely

Shocking

I am furious at thisinept performance

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024