Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Being In The Prem 17:30 - Jan 12 with 3359 viewsted_hendrix

It's just great, ask the Villains 0-4 down and It's only half time.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Being In The Prem on 12:19 - Jan 13 with 973 viewsjohnhoop

Being in the Prem would hold very little attraction spectator wise if it involved us receiving a Bluce Ree style gob-bumming virtually every week like it did last time. The only period of the three years in the Prem I actually enjoyed was that brilliant 5 game home winning streak which rescued us at the end of the first season.
But the one big advantage was that if someone as canny with the purse strings as Lee Hoos was still in charge of the finances we could secure our financial future for many years to come. I never want to go back to paying stupid money for has-beens to wind down their careers on the injury table but it really grates with me that we have to get used to selling the good, exciting players that we do produce.
Being In The Prem on 12:24 - Jan 13 with 962 viewsheadhoops

Being In The Prem on 12:18 - Jan 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Ha Ha!

Feel better now?

and relax!

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Being In The Prem on 12:54 - Jan 13 with 928 viewsDavieQPR

Up to the start of this season net spend over the last 5 years ;
1) Man City £505.6m
2) Man Utd £378.9m
3) Everton £275.0m
4) Arsenal £249.0m
5) Villa £198.1m
6) Brighton £197.4m.
Teams like Chelsea and Liverpool have spent lots but have sold lots as well.
Being In The Prem on 14:39 - Jan 13 with 872 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Bar Norwich, any team that comes down will immediately go back up again. West Ham coming down would just mean an automatic spot taken. Same with Villa, and Bournemouth, and Brighton, and Burnley.

That's just the way it is now. They come down, get parachute payments, will sell their players for £50m+ and then spend loads in their bid to get promoted. If it doesn't happen next season, it will be the season after. Stoke is the only exception, and maybe Sunderland, although they didn't really spend big when coming down

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Being In The Prem on 14:45 - Jan 13 with 862 viewsrunningman75

Being In The Prem on 14:39 - Jan 13 by RANGERS4EVER

Bar Norwich, any team that comes down will immediately go back up again. West Ham coming down would just mean an automatic spot taken. Same with Villa, and Bournemouth, and Brighton, and Burnley.

That's just the way it is now. They come down, get parachute payments, will sell their players for £50m+ and then spend loads in their bid to get promoted. If it doesn't happen next season, it will be the season after. Stoke is the only exception, and maybe Sunderland, although they didn't really spend big when coming down

Not guaranteed look at the value of Fulham's squad but they could miss out on play offs depending on results. The Championship is such as a different league where the best team on paper does not win it. Brentford still have a chance of winning the league on current form.
Being In The Prem on 15:50 - Jan 13 with 816 viewskensalriser

Doesn't seem to be borne out by the stats.

Of last year's relegated sides only Fulham have a chance of promotion, from the previous year West Brom look like returning and from 2016-17 none have been promoted and one is now in the third tier. So if Fulham go up, and that's a medium sized if right now, that's one club out of nine that's bounced back first time and just one second time around.

There are load of examples in recent years of clubs that have been in the PL for years that seem so exhausted by the perennial fight to stay up that once relegated it takes all they have just to stay in the Championship.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Being In The Prem on 15:52 - Jan 13 with 814 viewsPinnerPaul

Stats say the exact opposite.

Relegated PL teams have a very poor record of going straight back up again.

Cardiff, Fulham and Huddersfield hardly tearing up the division are they?!
Being In The Prem on 09:56 - Jan 14 with 740 viewsterryb

Being In The Prem on 08:41 - Jan 13 by stowmarketrange

Chelshite and Blackburn started the big money spending to buy the premier league title in the 90’s and 2000’s,and as long as they aren’t one of the two,I’m not bothered now.
The whole concept of a level playing field has long gone and won’t ever come back.

Well, yes & no! It certainly is the case since the start of the Premier.

Did they start it though? Manure spent a fortune compared to other clubs throughout the 50's, '60's & '70's (going back to signing Reg Allen for a world record fee for a 'keeper). I expect the same applies to Preston in the 1800's, Arsenal & Huddersfield under Chapman etc.

To constantly stay at the top costs money. As does chasing the dream.

I'm sure our rivals considered us as a big spending club when we paid more than a £100k for both Bowles & Thomas in 1972. That was unheard of at that time!
Login to get fewer ads

Being In The Prem on 20:44 - Jan 14 with 624 viewsstowmarketrange

Being In The Prem on 09:56 - Jan 14 by terryb

Well, yes & no! It certainly is the case since the start of the Premier.

Did they start it though? Manure spent a fortune compared to other clubs throughout the 50's, '60's & '70's (going back to signing Reg Allen for a world record fee for a 'keeper). I expect the same applies to Preston in the 1800's, Arsenal & Huddersfield under Chapman etc.

To constantly stay at the top costs money. As does chasing the dream.

I'm sure our rivals considered us as a big spending club when we paid more than a £100k for both Bowles & Thomas in 1972. That was unheard of at that time!

We got £200,000 for Rodney and just reinvested it wisely.
There is a difference to what teams did from the start of organised football to what Chelshite did in 2004 as not many teams dominated the way that a couple of clubs have done lately.
Being In The Prem on 18:10 - Jan 15 with 496 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Being In The Prem on 11:15 - Jan 13 by daveB

Man Utd have spent more than City in recent years and play nothing like Man City plus need a complete rebuild. Pep obviously has massive money to spend but the way he gets his teams playing is superb. Klopp as well is a brilliant manager.

But are they really great managers or is it more to do with the players and wealth that they have at their disposal. I don't imagine that they would have much effect at somewhere like Morecombe.
Being In The Prem on 20:37 - Jan 15 with 416 viewsShotKneesHoop

Being In The Prem on 18:10 - Jan 15 by dodge_stoke_r

But are they really great managers or is it more to do with the players and wealth that they have at their disposal. I don't imagine that they would have much effect at somewhere like Morecombe.

Not very Wise to be at Morecambe - no laughing matter there.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024